"How dare you call me garbage, you... you look like a contractor! you know, that thing that draws circles"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
She would probably have been the top of her gen, if I had to guess, but I don't think she would have gotten to Suisei popularity. I think Holo5 still would have been overshadowed by Myth, still, but it may not have hurt as much as it did coupled with losing Aloe.
She had a two week suspension for "breaching contract" (Testing her L2D model on her own channel in unlisted videos iirc). Just after debut. That shit stunts growth, especially during the whole "vtuber boom" era but Aloe would've still had a dedicated audience (all me btw, I liked Aloe). I find this speculation rather pointless though as It's all water under the bridge now and Delu is doing just fine by herself.
Sorta related, but does anyone else think Kay Yu should not add Aloe to HoloCure as a playable character? Like the references are fine, but Aloe dipped out of Hololive after 2 weeks and she was suspended for the entirety of that time period.
I'm not sure what the fuck Kay is doing, at least for adding Rushia and Coco they had time to have enough of a fandom/memes/referential material about shit to make into a character. Coco went out with a bang and is fondly remembered, even Rushia was part of their most popular gen and still has people posting about her to this day despite what happened, Aloe had like 2 streams and then left after her 2 week suspension by Cover. The most he could get out of this is taking references to Delu and trying to disguise them as Aloe material but I'd rather just have small references to Aloe at that point rather than roommate-posting: the character be added.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I didn't mean that, I mean actual fanbase references. Does the item have anything to do with aloe apart from looking like her headphones? I think you could change the sprite and it wouldn't make a difference.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Sorta related, but does anyone else think Kay Yu should not add Aloe to HoloCure as a playable character? Like the references are fine, but Aloe dipped out of Hololive after 2 weeks and she was suspended for the entirety of that time period. What happened sucked, but it has been 3 years and 5th gen has long-since moved on. Bringing up Aloe still almost feels rude to the rest of the girls in the gen, in my opinion. It isn't like she was Coco or Rushia who were around for a long time, were crucial to the development of Hololive, and had a lasting, positive (for the most part, in regards to Rushia) impact on her genmates. It feels the same to me as if they would have put Hitomi Chris in the game.
iirc he said he wont, Sana got in because she lasted enough, there is not enough material to flesh her character so is not worth the hassle, i think he said he want to finish all the hololivers first to add Stars then Tempus

Edit> for context the ones that are available right now are

JP: Gen 0 to Gen 2 plus GAMERS
EN: All of them except Advent
ID: All of them

So kay yu has to implement Gen 3 (yeah cant wait to play with Miguel el gato), Gen 4 (where coco is going to break the meta again), Gen 5 (because playing with Botan is always fun) and Gen 6 (Where playing with Iroha require Bury the light for immersion)

Last edited:

BunhongTokki

@BunhongTokki 이 사람은 클립을 찾을 수 있도록 태그를 더 잘 지정해야 한다고 말합니다.
Basically, my clips are translated clips, so I only use tags in Korean so that English-speaking people are not inconvenient.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I thought this was more common knowledge, but he is going to add Coco and Rushia in. He talked about it last year, I don't remember exactly when. Now that people are questioning me, I forget what he said about Aloe, but Coco and Rushia are certain, though, it is possible he changes his mind. Not in a spot I can check for sure, but I think it was on Reddit. I will look for the comment in 30 or so minutes when I am able to.
My bad, I had another boomer moment. This is the comment I remember reading:

ExtraHP is Kay Yu in this case. Aloe was not mentioned, but Coco and Rushia were. Even then, it was vague in both question and response. Given the place the game is in a year later, I could see Coco and Rushia being left out aside from references now. I don't think it would be crazy of them to add both as playable, though. Rushia is not an offlimits topic in Hololive, as long as it is not in the context of what she did, anyway. Given how big the game has gotten, though, it probably be best not to add them as playable, though. I think Coco has a good chance at being playable, though.

Last edited:

Negzana

Sorta related, but does anyone else think Kay Yu should not add Aloe to HoloCure as a playable character? Like the references are fine, but Aloe dipped out of Hololive after 2 weeks and she was suspended for the entirety of that time period. What happened sucked, but it has been 3 years and 5th gen has long-since moved on. Bringing up Aloe still almost feels rude to the rest of the girls in the gen, in my opinion. It isn't like she was Coco or Rushia who were around for a long time, were crucial to the development of Hololive, and had a lasting, positive (for the most part, in regards to Rushia) impact on her genmates. It feels the same to me as if they would have put Hitomi Chris in the game.
They won't add Aloe but I won't be surprised if there is a small reference to her.

Rushia might not be allowed because he termination and persistent drama afterwards would potentially make Hololive not allow the girls to stream it. Again, perhaps a small reference (Cuttingboard exists alreay) and that's it.

Coco will probs be in. She had a good impact and while her antics as kson nowadays are embarrassing and disappointing, she hasn't caused conflict with Hololive or Cover beyond continuing to associate with Mikeneko. That's probs not enough to block her from being in Holocure.

httn

Hag enthusiast
Coco is understandable since she graduated, not terminated, and Sana is in the game but adding Rushia and Aloe would be weird.
Holocure released a few weeks before Sana announced her graduation.

Coco should definitely be in. Rushia is a maybe, Cover doesn't have anything regarding using terminated members in their Fanwork guidlines, but you can always count on JP corporate autism to ruin a good thing. Aloe has literally 0 memes or content to build a character off of, her only streams were her debut & a post debut collab zatsu.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Basically, my clips are translated clips, so I only use tags in Korean so that English-speaking people are not inconvenient.
If you're aiming for a korean audience I understand the lack of english tags but I think you should add at least #phaseconnect #phaseclips and the hashtag of the talent you're making a clip off, that way at least your audience can see what else is there and the talent can see it. Keep clipping friend:kaelaapprob:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Look, @superduper, as a man I am biologically programmed to appreciate attractive young women showing me their thighs; however, I am also not in my early twenties any more, so I'm old enough to know girls like you are trouble. Let's maintain a professional autistic forum poster to autistic forum poster relationship please.

She's also not the only one participating:

Archive

OMG WEMI THIGHS UOHHHHHHH!

Proctor Edit: OMG THREE DAY BAN UUUUUUUOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Seriously Rei, stop being a tart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Fuwamoco stream start in 30 min ! I shouldve probably gone to sleep like 5 hours ago but hey fuck it anime girls go first !

They're gonna play the japanese version with english sub.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I over slept and missed it, but Remi's Karaoke stream is still up! I hope someone archives it's really good so far and looks like she sings 21 songs :faunacry:
I can't get the download to complete so I can't do it today

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
No wonder the art style is familiar. It's by the same dude who made Gachiakuta which Mori named as one of her favorite Manga recently in this stream.

Reaper keeps winning
:zaionwhatsgoingon:
Excuse me, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Nolan made the mistake of believing that Scarle's bra would be her real bra in her strip poker stream and not just a bra that matched her kayfabe

I corrected him in dm about it with this video

Also guys if you can't help nolanposting at least don't make it empty nolanposting and shit up the thread with pointless posts
As soon as she discovered she didn't end stream it should have been a full on
895198787264450650.webp
moment. Lovey dovey Kronii is totally out of character. Feels weird. But I guess GWAK doesn't sell Summer merch huh?
True that I can see the gwak, losing her balance falling down, and then scrambling on hands and knees to end stream
Today is a very UMISEA day :gurahalloween: As far as Hologras go, this one was fairly easy to follow.

Guras delivery on "not anymore I can't" was gold
Don't let Mysta's raging homosexuality distract you from Nenechi's beetle autism.

Thank you Nene very cool (unironically)

It's a tragedy that it seems we will never get that sequel
Personally I think the rest of Holo5 would appreciate it iirc weren't they pretty close to her I recall one of them (Nene?) Never removed her from her twitter banner for at least a while but people make good points that there is no content to pull from

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Well, this doesn't require any deep thinking from me to possibly fuck up:

Looks like Gura and Kiara have a collab with some kinda horror game tonight.

And Gura was the one that initiated the collab!

Edit:
Ame will also join them.

Wow, even better.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

Oh yes, horror Gura is the best Gura, I think her Outlast stream was the first vtuber stream I've watched from beginning to the end. I wonder what exactly are they going to play?

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Ame will also join them.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Imagine Gura or some other popular Holo did this
You're asking me to imagine Gura replying to someone on twitter? Sorry, there are limits to imagination.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
nm late - posted the same link to reddit where Kay Yu posted there is a chance "Friend C" and "Friend R" will be in the game later on.

Last edited:

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Coco will probably get added normally, but with Rushia idk how he's gonna handle that, maybe some kind of DLC would be the most tactful way to go about it, but people (/vt/) will still try to stir up rrats about it whenever someone streams the game and doesn't use rushia.
It's been a while, but Rushia hasn't been memory-holed at all. From what I've seen, other talent talk about her just fine when it comes up. They don't go out of their way to seek it, but there's no awkwardness if it comes up so far.

Kay Yu has also already said a long time ago that he will add Rushia. So if cover had an issue with that, they would've probably reached out by now already. Of course, there's always room for last minute Japanese corpo autism.

Negzana

If Rushia is added I won't be surprised if either the Holomems have to completely ignore her or potentially they lose perms from Cover to play it. I hope it's not the latter. That would break Ela's heart.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Fuwamoco stream start in 30 min ! I shouldve probably gone to sleep like 5 hours ago but hey fuck it anime girls go first !

They're gonna play the japanese version with english sub.

On original hardware no less, dont tempt me my kami oshi is the original dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom