"I hate women in professional positions. I hate women who are dentists, because everytime I've encountered women in these jobs, they have been dogshit. When I look for doctors online, first I filter out the women, then I take my pick from among the Koreans"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Nerissa's Goddish cover also premiered.
This one was better that the one she throwed on her debut, is she going to earn the title of EN Suisei? maybe but not for now

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Bug Eater

If there's any truth to the Selen graduation rumors, this new VSPO-en might be where she's going....
It's possible (and I think VSPO EN could be pretty cool) but she would also still have to deal with JP perms autism and stuff like that, looking at her current trajectory I wonder if she would prefer to join one of the big NA orgs (like 100T, TSM, XSET, etc) as a content creator. She probably has enough connections at this point to make it happen.
I just hope people haven't been fucking with the monkey's paw too hard, in case they cursed her into joining VShojo :urtearingmeapart:

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Decently big Twitter account posted Filipino vtubers. Trigger warning: Mana, Millie, Crush (in replies)

Also Terumi (who seems to be doing a rebrand + new model next month) and Lyrica in the top right, don't know who the other two in there are though. Also, Mana being Filipino feels like it somehow makes more sense than it should.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
1691885869053.png

Rin killed Hakka with LA CHANCLA

USS IOWA

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
In less than an hour, this mega-collab between several small corpo streamers and indies starts. I'll have to catch the VOD because I already have my own stream scheduled but it looks like a fun time. AFAIK they'll all be streaming their own POVs so find one to tune into.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
This one was better that the one she throwed on her debut, is she going to earn the title of EN Suisei? maybe but not for now
She has good range, but her karaoke performance leaves something to be desired compared to girls like Suisei. She doesn't seem to have good voice control on the fly like needed for Karaoke.

I also thought her English cover sounded better and she admits she feels more comfortable singing English than Japanese.

was it just me or did she sound extra white on this cover :loading:
Kinda, yeah. It can be easy to tell when the singer of a Japanese song doesn't really understand it because they kind of feel emotionally lacking a bit. She may have been technically better than the likes of Bae or Laplus, for example but I'd say those two sang it better because they understood what they were singing rather than mimicing sounds.

One of the reasons I think Gura gets so many compliments for her Japanese singing is because she is so good at putting emotion into her songs where needed even if she doesn't really understand what she is singing, along with her pronunciations.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
She has good range, but her karaoke performance leaves something to be desired compared to girls like Suisei. She doesn't seem to have good voice control on the fly like needed for Karaoke.
Yeah, i even said that with what we have seen she would not fly to good if you take her to things like The First Take, but if Yagoo could use his jamaican shaman powers to make Ame sing ok. then there is hope for her

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Kinda, yeah. It can be easy to tell when the singer of a Japanese song doesn't really understand it because they kind of feel emotionally lacking a bit. She may have been technically better than the likes of Bae or Laplus, for example but I'd say those two sang it better because they understood what they were singing rather than mimicing sounds.

One of the reasons I think Gura gets so many compliments for her Japanese singing is because she is so good at putting emotion into her songs where needed even if she doesn't really understand what she is singing, along with her pronunciations.
I sometimes wonder if I'm somehow deaf or not getting it because I never hear these super subtle "EMOTIONAL" changes in songs, though I rarely ever care about the vocals that much, my main focus is always instrumentation and beat.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Smart kettle going through Donkey Kong Country 2

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
I sometimes wonder if I'm somehow deaf or not getting it because I never hear these super subtle "EMOTIONAL" changes in songs, though I rarely ever care about the vocals that much, my main focus is always instrumentation and beat.
It can sometimes be too subtle if you are not "that" into singing. If you are curious, there's absolutely no way you don't hear it in this Watame song:

You don't even have to read the lyrics to "feel" her emotions.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Smart kettle going through Donkey Kong Country 2

Numberfagging a bit but I really find it impressive that she managed to average around 4-5k CCV months after debuting. That's pretty much double of what she did as Pikamee.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
It can sometimes be too subtle if you are not "that" into singing. If you are curious, there's absolutely no way you don't hear it in this Watame song:

even those into singing like I am can't hear it in other launguages. but if you heard any of them sing in english you would pick up on it in no time.

to try to describe it in a way that everyone can grasp it's like my heart will go on but sung as a power ballad. the notes are right and the power in the song is there but even if you loath the song like I do it would be missing alot.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
i love this chick's model, the perpetual :D face gets me
It reminds me of classic Matsuri, and it just fits her personality so well just like Matsuri's did.
I tried to find a clip that showcases her old smile, but instead I found this first and remembered how funny it was so have this instead.

The portions of a song where the singer is putting in those touches aren't really deep or hidden. It's just the way their tone and timbre changes on certain words or sections. Instruments have the same thing when you're playing them as well.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Early Adopter

I'm no music expert and this is all my own totally amateur opinion, but I think a good and recent example is actually Calli vs Mumei singing Stellar Stellar:

I think Mumei is a better singer than Mori and her version sounds good, but I actually like Mori's karaoke version here better because she sings it with the same level of emotion Suisei would because she understands the lyrics and their meaning. It is definitely not a skill difference between the two, as well, because Mumei can sing incredibly well and emotionally.

Idk, though, I am not particularly musically inclined, though. It is just my autistic opinion.
:botanshrug:

RiverBear

Listen to my wife complain about hololive and bask in the comfort of the mute button, you lucky bastards

So this is it huh

Rin gets big from astroturfing on Hololive to get pushed by the algo, then Yuko

what's next, all of Idol making shorts with Hololive in the title for that easy algo push

also re VSPO CN and EN because I cant be bothered to quote the original post: We're they that big? I knew about them, but I always saw them as a small time corpo

The Rrat

Early Adopter
also re VSPO CN and EN because I cant be bothered to quote the original post: We're they that big? I knew about them, but I always saw them as a small time corpo
I think it is safe to say that they are the third largest corpo in terms of viewership in Japan. They seem to pull numbers comparable to HoloEN girls in that all their members are very much 4view at all times with some pulling into 5view during stuff like events. They also apparently had a booth turnout at comiket that rivaled Holo's.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Listen to my wife complain about hololive and bask in the comfort of the mute button, you lucky bastards

This was a weird way for her to take my advice months after the fact but ok

Meanwhile, get ready to be in character simps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom