"I LOVE TRAINS!"Kaminari Clara

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Common Yamanbasanji L.
They can't keep getting away with this! (They will).
Say what you want about Nijisanji, but they're not Dexerto.

It's kind of like saying that you've only set a few toddlers on fire, I know, but still.
I hope no one here is particularly fond of Maria.

I know she's a Niji, but that's just cruel.

But on to happier things.

Behold, someone with a worse debut than Subaru or Korone:

Ah, the scuff of old~

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

Scuttle's gyaru waifu is playing Fallout New Vegas for the first time.

Fans already urged her to take the Wild Wasteland perk, so its off to a good start.

BEEG Booba Fishing

Nah it was supposed to be a model not art, Kiara should be gone by now if it's art.
Half of Hololive would be gone, man has drawn a a lot of them.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Miguel having these episodes again after a long time and just when she joined Voice ore and VS announced something

Archive later

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Since it seems like Rin has become the new darling of the main thread here recently (Pippa-posting seems to have died down now that she has her own thread, which is nice), I figure I should finally have someone give me a breakdown of them. I'm still confused if Rin is supposed to be M or F and whether the VA behind them matches said gender. I feel like I see both M and F references about Rin and I honestly don't even know at this point. Am I overcomplicating things and Rin is actually a female character played by a female? If so, is it some inside joke that she comes off as man-ish and is frequently referred to with masculine identity, like "prince" in the quote above? Also if the whole genderfluid vibe I get is true, it surprises me how much they seemed to be liked on this forum, considering its roots etc.

Also, and maybe it is a moot point now that we are almost at the 5K reckoning anyway, but with how much Rin posts I have to wade through recently, would it be better to give her her own dedicated thread like Pippa so that people can live post her streams and drama in there?

I am kind of looking forward to the 5K split as keeping up with 10-20 pages a day (more if anything even minor happens) is getting hard. It would be nice to have a smaller thread for just major events/news and then more dedicated threads for groups or streamers that I'm actually more interested in day-to-day happenings on. The Advent thread has been nice to focus on them and not have to wade through pages and pages or Rin-posting to see their goings-on and reactions.
A lot of people here like Rin, but a spike in live-posting because of an unusual, debatable stream (wrangling her chat) =/= Pippa-level consistent live-posting. And yeah, she's a tomboy, not a gender-whiner.

Not-Iofi streaming with friends doing a watchalong. Not-Zen, Not-Risu, and a slime head girl(Not-Moona).

I missed out on this live but Zen does have a new VTuber account already
Zen clearly still wants to stream, so I'm still wondering why MAHA5 chose not to renew his contract. The only comparison I had back then was to the GGN twins, but MangaGamer isn't actually a Vtuber company and was simply (poorly) redirecting its resources. MAHA5 still has plenty of active Vtubers. So I thought there might have been a scandal or breach of contract and MAHA5 wanted to let Zen save face. But if not-HoloID are happy to collab with not-Zen, that's a point in his favour. Maybe he wanted a better cut or more privileges and MAHA5 wasn't happy?

Also, tangenting into @Een Gevolg 's point about whether there are any mid-tier EN corpos that have male Vtubers. Mid-tier, yes - MAHA5 is non-JP, has popular male Vtubers, and is big enough to have JP and Thai branches. I'm sure there are mid-tier JP corpos too. But not EN for some reason.

I’d recommend switching to the default teal theme for the elite user experience
Post with hyperlinks, Default Teal 2.2:
1691680868495.png

Post with hyperlinks, XenDark:
1691680907115.png

Holotori has also been teaching her slang.
All swears probably
I find it amusing that Subaru and Lui hardly ever swear in English, considering who they get to practice English with.

Maybe Cover could be persuaded to give them a slightly better cut, but I think it's beneficial to Cover to keep the superchats as the least worthwhile way for viewers to support their oshi.
I wonder if this only holds for Hololive and not Holostars. There's a tweet summary a while back of Axel saying that SCs give him a better cut but don't give the viewer as much for their money, while merch gives the viewer something to keep but has a high production cost (archive of tweet, timestamped VOD link around 18:09).

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
More context on the Selen and Aka/Shiromanta thing from earlier. Apparently, Aka's team, Kouhai no Oshi no Ko, dropped onto Selen's drop spot instead of their assigned one.

Afterwards, they realize their mistake and jump in Discord with Selen's team to apologize in goofiest, but on brand for those two, way imaginable.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Looks like Luna is the first to play with their Metal Gear perms. :sanasmile:
When she was on her PSX collection phase she got OG Metal Gear, i dont remember if she got Integral i dont think she is going to be based enough to play it on OG hardware tho, the Master collection Vol 1 is still not available

AmpleChip

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
Goddamn. It's a good fucking year to be a Yamanbasanji bootlicker. Why the fuck are they so determined to destroy their reputation in the international market?

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Goddamn. It's a good fucking year to be a Yamanbasanji bootlicker. Why the fuck are they so determined to destroy their reputation in the international market?
did something happen again

except for the existing bullshit riku is trying to pull

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
did something happen again

except for the existing bullshit riku is trying to pull
If the 'Riku's Bullshit' you're reffering to is how they're currently doing Selen dirty and then holding her at gunpoint, then no, not really.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
@La+ de Central Norte this one's for you, not-laplus dancing in her pajamas

We sure she is Asian and not secretly a white woman with that dancing?

But speaking of Lapu, she joined in on Holomems celebrating Haachama's birthday.

Inanya animation

Tako also got HoloCure early access. Will be the first time she has played the game, too.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Nanai, a well known JP FGC commentator has passed away due to heart failure. He was Korone's mentor during the CR cup and also participated in the Idol Showdown tournament at EVO last weekend where he placed 7th using her.

I'm expecting Korone to react to this news soon

Edit:

Pochi-mama

Botan

Karubi (Korone's teammate during CR Cup)

The comments section on news outlets are rife with "corona vaccine" comments.

突然死は年齢や持病の有無に関わらず、なんの前触れもなく急にやってきてサッと奪っていくね…
そんなに詳しくない自分でもこの人の名前は知っているし、たまたま解説しているのを見たことがあるよ
まだまだこれからドンドンやりたいこと、見たいことが無限にあったろうに
本人のみならず、親族や関係者は無念でやりきれないよね
好き勝手にワクチンのせいだ!とかも言われてやりきれないでしょ

I wouldn't worry too much fellas. It's perfectly normal to drop dead in your 20s from heart failure, despite being in perfect health, non-smoking and non-obese. Shalom.

ogey_rrat

ogey

Kalion

:)

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
This is too amusing not to share. A Redditor is having a meltdown because he doesn't like the fact that Hololive talents have early access to Holocure. Literally everyone else is clowning on him but he still decides to double down.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
This is too amusing not to share. A Redditor is having a meltdown because he doesn't like the fact that Hololive talents have early access to Holocure. Literally everyone else is clowning on him but he still decides to double down.

His reddit history is quite something, he is either retarded or ESL
Screenshot_20230810_113802_Reddit.jpg
Screenshot_20230810_113731_Reddit.jpg

BVTM's followup to the discord yab meme actually made me chuckle

20230810_114958.jpg

Last edited:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
The comments section on news outlets are rife with "corona vaccine" comments.

I wouldn't worry too much fellas. It's perfectly normal to drop dead in your 20s from heart failure, despite being in perfect health, non-smoking and non-obese. Shalom.
Heart failure in two days is insane. I don't see how this could be anything other than myocarditis, which can rapidly kill people like this.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Heart failure in two days is insane. I don't see how this could be anything other than myocarditis, which can rapidly kill people like this.
While actually dropping over from a heart condition in the 30s isn't as rare as people think (childhood known issues tend to be lethal around that age or undiagnosed issues, as well), reality is we all know a certain medical treatment is lethal to the under 40 set at a very high rate. If he got a booster a week before he left, it'd be right in the normal timeline for a lot of the issues we see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom