"Yeah I'm a giantess... why not. Why not?"Runie Ruse

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bug Eater

Top 10 most terrifying things to hear in a warzone:

(taken from Surefour's POV during the Twitch Rivals thing yesterday, she decided to suicide bomb someone and it just happened to be his lucky day)

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
On today's episode of collabs that no-one saw coming:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
There are world championships of this garbage? Jesus maybe gamefreak should invest their time and money into making games that aren't dogshit...? Crazy idea i know!
because just like the TCG tourneys and the mainline game tourney's you can basically throw everyone into a room and get it done in a few hours with minimal investment.

also it's game freaks fault the games suck the pokemon company handles every other retarded descision.
haha this emote is so fucking funny i swear to fucking natsuiro matsuri the next person to post the fucking "old men laughing" emote is getting their vertebrae snapped in half
is it too late to antagonize this guy?
:NOWWELAUGH:

not much to say about unite. shame none of the more interesting costumes gotshowed off (because there as some good/funny ones in there) Cali facechecking like a pro.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Archive:

Gofile(temporary)
Filechan link - later...

Here's Another Archive of Pomu's Unarchived Karaoke Stream
Pomu Rainpuff 【NIJISANJI EN】-【600K ENDURANCE UNARCHIVED KARAOKE】100 songs...which will come fi...jpg
Mega Link - Pomu Rainpuff - 【600K ENDURANCE UNARCHIVED KARAOKE】100 songs...which will come first_!【NIJISANJI EN _ Pomu Rainpuff】
Mega Link - My Archived Videos

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Some Holo girls wishing Haachama a happy birthday. She may not be able to celebrate now but I think she'll be happy to see all the love she's getting.

Akai Haato
Happy Birthday!

Gen 1 had a talk about getting matching accessories
So when Haato-chan returns
Let's all match together okay
\\\\└('ω')┘////
Chama-Chamaaaa!

Happy birthday Haachama! Let's play when you return!

It ended up in reverse www
I made pancakes with Haachama's face on them
Happy birthday Haachama!

Last edited:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
On today's episode of collabs that no-one saw coming:

The Pippa Tribe is so damn adorable.

When it comes to Vtubers, she's actually pretty good at picking friends.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Many of us predate Naruto. Naruto was that crappy popular dubbed show on Adult Swim that all the anime posers liked to think made them "otaku". The infestation of the normies. I avoided the trifecta of that, DBZ, and Bleach as much as I could. Give me NGE, Escaflowne, Nadesico, etc for my nostalgia trip please...
I don't disagree about Naruto being shit, but its popularity did start with fansubs, with the subbers being outright annoyed by the endless yelling for more episodes to the point they made a brief flash animation telling the fans to shut the fuck up until it is done.

I don't know what it is that made Naruto popular, but it was there from the start, well before it appeared as a dubbed TV anime.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Ok, yeah, that tweet is vague, but what could this Tweet mean?

Dingo is banging Polka :urtearingmeapart::pikameefuck:
haha this emote is so fucking funny i swear to fucking natsuiro matsuri the next person to post the fucking "old men laughing" emote is getting their vertebrae snapped in half
You really walked in here with the equivalent of a "kick me" sign?
:NOWWELAUGH:
Edit: Regarding the Vtuber memes, we really need the really nigga/nigga what sticker that is equivalent to this

View attachment 39865
But we do:
:confusedshuba:

UberSoldat

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I don't disagree about Naruto being shit, but its popularity did start with fansubs, with the subbers being outright annoyed by the endless yelling for more episodes to the point they made a brief flash animation telling the fans to shut the fuck up until it is done.

I don't know what it is that made Naruto popular, but it was there from the start, well before it appeared as a dubbed TV anime.
This is fairly easy, actually. First, it was the first big Jump series to land (realize it was already really popular manga) in the digital fansub era. And, most importantly, I believe it was episode 26 or so was the first major Torrent. It was the first coordinated release of a video on Bittorrent, as the program was in late phases of its beta. Basically, over night distribution of digital fansubs increased around 100x. It went from getting a few thousand copies out in a week (and going out to all of the different P2P networks), so Naruto eps doing 50k in the first few hours.

Torrenting would hit its peaks with Top Gear about 10 years later, but basically the entire western anime scene was built off torrenting digisubs. Once Streaming became viable, it moved that direction, but it's also why the physical media side always never worked. The scene is built of basically unlimited access to the content. Which is why Vtubing works so well. Content is free, but you can go and buy merch. (Western Anime companies basically couldn't do merch, which was their real downfall.)

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Patra 3D Birthday Live with Rindou Mikoto in an hour

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Holopro cross-branch murder mystery TRPG session just recently announced. Fubuki, Choco-sensei, Shien, Oga and Temma will be part of it
The GM for this session will be Jikkai Isami

archive

Been a long while since I saw Fubuki plays a session with 3rd gen holostars again, should be a fun watch

thirteenorphans

I've been thinking about how Flayon has been magically getting all these perms to these lewd games and I think he mentioned he wrote 3 whole paragraphs for one of them to convince management as if it was a big deal.

That has me thinking, is Takeshi truly a fag or did everyone else at Hololive not realize including an argument in the perm request shows management that you really want it? Are they just filing perm requests, not giving an argument for it, and then are surprised that some Nip salaryman sees there's no argument for it so he just says, "fuck that extra work, they don't care enough so why should I"?
This is similar to something I said earlier regarding vtubers and cooking, but do people think the vast majority of EN corpotubers are capable of writing a thorough proposal with cost benefit analysis and risk mitigation? Most of them can't even manage to read game controls or mechanics tool tips.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
SElen in shibuya hal's custom games with wigg and tempo in about 10 min

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Nanai, a well known JP FGC commentator has passed away due to heart failure. He was Korone's mentor during the CR cup and also participated in the Idol Showdown tournament at EVO last weekend where he placed 7th using her.

I'm expecting Korone to react to this news soon

Edit:

Pochi-mama

Botan

Karubi (Korone's teammate during CR Cup)

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
SElen in shibuya hal's custom games with wigg and tempo in about 10 min
And they immediately got murdered by the mangaka of Oshi no Ko (apparently)

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
And they immediately got murdered by the mangaka of Oshi no Ko (apparently)
Yeah. Tempo just died at the beginning and im not sure if selen knows whats going on. Pretty sure she is still sleeping and is just laughing during her sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom