"Tentacle lives matter"Butter Cookies

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

What do you guys think of the "Belly bulge"? :unsure:

That looks more "fat" than natural bulge though...
Good

Very good and nice and fertile and nice and fertile

I said fertile twice it's important
:kiarachefkiss::lisafingerguns:
Naruto is also one of the four pillars of LATAM culture though.
Bullshit. It's Dragonball (original and z) Robotech, Ranma and Caballeros Del Zodiaco (Saint Seiya). Depending on regional dubs, you can sub one with Flame of Recca, Teknoman, or Gundam Wing.

Naruto nique Naruto... only poseurs give a shit about Naruto.
So I saw this while chilling here on vacation with my girl, and it hit me that I see this "skirt bulge" discourse pop up every couple months, always the same thing; some woman going "I hate it then found out guys like it and I'm like whaaaat?" So I showed her the tweets and told her about this conflict between men and women that keeps coming up (women hate it, men like it).

Sure enough, she went off on it and said it looked terrible. Saying it reminds her why she has to wear Spanx and guys who like it have a weird fetish.

This skirt bulge argument seems to be an actual, lingering conflict between men and women and I find that very funny.
I want to say something but i don't wanna get banned.

niggaphil

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

:SelenHAHAhere: that is such a goofy-ass meech display. The BEEGSmol dolls look really good, though.

IRyS and Fauna on his lap. What did he mean by this?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
First 20 minutes of just reading shit. This is what you retards wanted.

Also, they are doing matchmaking. RIP to trying to play with them.
And she sent a friend request instead of a thumbs up :kaelalaugh:

That he has more of a chance at getting with your oshi than you do
Worse unicorn death: male on stream or oshi on lap?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Wonder if this is what Pomu was hinting at in her membership.

Or not

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

They're not all bad, I'm a tradesmens apprentice and part of a union in the Aerospace industry. Before the union, the company I currently work for would lay off sometimes 50% of the hourly workforce. Now they negotiated a deal that big layoffs haven't happened in like 40 years. They still have their place, they just need strong leaders and not corrupt bureaucrats.
Unions are political organizations, firstly. Thus, if they're hyper specialized and not run by idiots, they can work fairly well. (There's a solid reasons for collective bargaining after all.) The issue always becomes when the Union exists for the Union and not as a representative organization for a larger body of employees.

So I saw this while chilling here on vacation with my girl, and it hit me that I see this "skirt bulge" discourse pop up every couple months, always the same thing; some woman going "I hate it then found out guys like it and I'm like whaaaat?" So I showed her the tweets and told her about this conflict between men and women that keeps coming up (women hate it, men like it).

Sure enough, she went off on it and said it looked terrible. Saying it reminds her why she has to wear Spanx and guys who like it have a weird fetish.

This skirt bulge argument seems to be an actual, lingering conflict between men and women and I find that very funny.

There's 2 things. First is this ties into genetics and things like "thigh gap", which was literally not a thing until they made it into a huge virtual signaling media narrative a couple of years ago. Women with shorter torsos can never get the Model or Sculpture-type perfectly smooth stomach aesthetic. So there's a bit of the "woe is me, give me attention" aspect.

The second is that the ones that have that smooth transition that show it off are doing something most Women hate: signaling fertility. It's most actually about Eye Line control (something really important in all visual presentations), but it does direct everyone's eyes right to the Woman's nether region. In the female intra-sexual competition, that's a competitive advantage. Women hate when other Women have advantages over them. It's what drives a lot of "Woman Moments". Women always instinctively want to be the Queen Bee. Anything that goes against their internal mental image of that is "wrong" or "problematic" or "bad".

As for the specifics of the discussion around "skirt bulge", with a tight fitting dress, a guy isn't staring at the bugle. It just pushes the eye line down to what guys actually care about. Haha

Kalion

:)

Airi set a 3 hour time limit for stream as to not make her voice worse. And forgot about it.
I think she may be addicted to streaming.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Bullshit. It's Dragonball (original and z) Robotech, Ranma and Caballeros Del Zodiaco (Saint Seiya). Depending on regional dubs, you can sub one with Flame of Recca, Teknoman, or Gundam Wing.
The list

Dragon Ball OG, Z and Super
Saint Seiya (Omega is considered a very good spin off and no one hate it)
Sakura card captor because Cartoon network loved to spam that shit
Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin if you are a filthy weeb
Robotech is iffy because some countries got a weird version that is actually macross and all the changes of Harmony gold are removed, some countries will recognize Macross and not robotech and viceversa, btw we ACTUALLY good a dub of Do you remember love but not anything else for obvious reasons
Naruto is not exactly widespread because the dub reached not further than the chuunin test arc so channels never dived to much into it, for some reason Warner bros channel keep promoting Boruto
Gundam Wing comes also from the times of Cartoon network latam, the only gundam that they broadcasted and yes they did put the movie
A very niche group remember fondly Saber Marionette J because a channel called locomotion loved to spam it
Sakura taisen is also well remembered to the point that people recognize the theme song inmediately but dont know jackshit about the games
Bleach was only broadcasted by iirc Animax but it did no go further beyond the Soul society arc
One piece was broadcasted by cartoon network but they licensed the fucked up 4kidz version
All Digimons until Digimon Savers, most of people believe Xros wars was cringe
Cowboy Bebop is also up there because the dub was kino
And of course evangelion, but the OG dub not the gay ass Netflix dub that is cringe

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
So Aviel mentioned something along the lines of "we're not adding m*n, there's plenty of other companies for that" but, now that I think about it, what options do Western maletubers actually have if they want a corpo? In the top-tier, Holostars would likely have an astronomical amount of auditions and recruit once every blue moon, so chances of making it in are basically next to none, while Niji would have just as many, while also not having had a single positive management decision this year. What afterwards? IdolEN and Phase are pretty much the main "mid-tier" EN corpos, and they have no interest in male Vtubers, neither does Vshojo. Most I can think of is FIRST STAGE due to their nonstop shilling, but they'd probably be the lowest tier you can go without being a confirmed black corp; the talent they already do have hasn't really gotten much attention.

RiverBear

Does anyone know who the hell Chiyuki Chai is? Account was created in February and I'm subbed to them. Pretty sure it's a Phase alt, I don't know why or who else I'd be subbed to with no content and a deleted twitter.

It appears it was an alt account of Hero Hei's for 'vtubing activities', as per the description on this video.

I guess at some point he wanted to go full FalseEyeD.

Imagine outing yourself as someone who is subbed to Hero Hei
Yikes
So Aviel mentioned something along the lines of "we're not adding m*n, there's plenty of other companies for that" but, now that I think about it, what options do Western maletubers actually have if they want a corpo? In the top-tier, Holostars would likely have an astronomical amount of auditions and recruit once every blue moon, so chances of making it in are basically next to none, while Niji would have just as many, while also not having had a single positive management decision this year. What afterwards? IdolEN and Phase are pretty much the main "mid-tier" EN corpos, and they have no interest in male Vtubers, neither does Vshojo. Most I can think of is FIRST STAGE due to their nonstop shilling, but they'd probably be the lowest tier you can go without being a confirmed black corp; the talent they already do have hasn't really gotten much attention.
Prism Project has started taking in Male Chuubas iirc.
but yeah, Niji IS the place to go to for Male talents

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Just get a voice changer bros :smugina: Seriously though I think male Vtubers have to get a lot more popular in general before any good smaller corpos would touch them.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Feels like a Smol Ame sort of day

Pocket Ame by @Moon_LDL.jpg

Ame build by @PhdPigeon.jpg

Ame play by @PhdPigeon.gif

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

The Vshowhoe announcement is premiering. Its their first ever concert, it’ll be on youtube and theres gonna be 5 original songs.

Vshojo is going to try to do the idol thing? How bizarre. It seems like a dog trying to walk on its hind legs at this point. Also, how is Zen going to sing?

When I was 12, this shit was the rage for the Autumn of 2004 in Japan.

That's amazing, seeing how Haruhi aired in 2006.

Bond has a few, and NexStage had two when they launched - now down to one. But those are little corpos. It seems like nobody in the mid tier is even trying. Given the limited market share, I can understand it, disappointing as it may be.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
There is this canadian company that lets their talents play the fuck they want and are in need of an autist that can organize events, just saying....:smugpipi:
Seriously though, if selen is looking to jump ship, fishman would be fucking retarded not jumping at the oportunity to poach selen for invaders3 or head jew should also look into poaching her.
That would be a downgrade in every way, she has better luck just going indie again and taking her Niji fans with her.
If you had your feelings hurt by Kiara successfully trolling you, this should be a lot more by-the-books:
If you had your feelings hurt by Kiara successfully trolling you, you should reconsider your life choices, grow the fuck up and/or kill yourself.
The list

Dragon Ball OG, Z and Super
Saint Seiya (Omega is considered a very good spin off and no one hate it)
Sakura card captor because Cartoon network loved to spam that shit
Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin if you are a filthy weeb
Robotech is iffy because some countries got a weird version that is actually macross and all the changes of Harmony gold are removed, some countries will recognize Macross and not robotech and viceversa, btw we ACTUALLY good a dub of Do you remember love but not anything else for obvious reasons
Naruto is not exactly widespread because the dub reached not further than the chuunin test arc so channels never dived to much into it, for some reason Warner bros channel keep promoting Boruto
Gundam Wing comes also from the times of Cartoon network latam, the only gundam that they broadcasted and yes they did put the movie
A very niche group remember fondly Saber Marionette J because a channel called locomotion loved to spam it
Sakura taisen is also well remembered to the point that people recognize the theme song inmediately but dont know jackshit about the games
Bleach was only broadcasted by iirc Animax but it did no go further beyond the Soul society arc
One piece was broadcasted by cartoon network but they licensed the fucked up 4kidz version
All Digimons until Digimon Savers, most of people believe Xros wars was cringe
Cowboy Bebop is also up there because the dub was kino
And of course evangelion, but the OG dub not the gay ass Netflix dub that is cringe
Is it Ñ time? I think it's Ñ time.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
For what 100$ of merch? All I want now is 1 Shiina standee and I would pay 20$ (15 + 5 shipping)for it, but not 35$ :shiinastare::fishfry:

E and their sites still all fucked up, when you press the "view all products" in the middle of their home screen it just shows the gen 1 collections, you have to go to the top left button and open it and select a different option also called "all products" to actually see other products. I don't know what's worse does he pay somebody to update his site or do it himself? Or does he delegate it to one of his DunningKruger sad girls as side work? It makes me fucking assblasted everytime I look at the shop and I know they've lost money form people not finding stuff.
:Mumei-REE:
(moving this here since it's moved pretty off-topic from the Yuri stuff)

I'm certain Fishfag manages the site himself since it's such a jank mess and seems to become even more clunky as more things are added. He's complained before about people adding things to their basket then not checking out since it apparently messes something up on the back end, so definitely do not do this on multiple browser windows, since it would really annoy him.

Phase's merch distribution is just really underwhelming across the board. The only good fix for that site would be to scrap the entire fucking thing and have someone rebuild it from scratch, and I hope Idol's approach of setting up distributors in multiple countries to reduce shipping time and costs causes enough of a shakeup in the industry, since paying $30 shipping to get a novelty timed-event item some time next year is frankly embarrassing.

I can't see there being much of a market for male vtubers in small corpos, unless they pander hard to a very specific niche and build from there. The only male small corpo chuubas that come to mind are the Tsundream guys, but they never got anywhere near as much traction as their female genmates, the demand just isn't really there. A fujobaiting male idol corpo might get traction if they play their cards right and essentially act like a male equivalent of Production Kawaii, but for the talents involved it'd be incredibly limiting since growing in the industry would almost definitely require collaborating with more popular female vtubers at some point, and female unicorns are much harder to ignore than male ones.

Without Holostars-tier backing I don't think any "brotuber"-type streamers would benefit from going corpo.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
It seems like nobody in the mid tier is even trying. Given the limited market share, I can understand it, disappointing as it may be.
Admittedly this is sort of why it feels like my interest in Vtubers has been starting to wane away; it kind of feels like all you really get is cutesy idol/fujo junk, because that's what sweaty mentally unstable weebs/otakus want. Niji felt like something different back then, which is why it grabbed my attention, but at this point they're just a shitshow.

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer
Naruto is also one of the four pillars of LATAM culture though.
for Zoomers, maybe.
Dragon Ball, Caballeros del zodiaco (Saint seiya), Ranma 1/2 and Pokemon are fucking staples for 90's kids.
80's may change Pokemon for Idk, Sailor Moon, samurai pizza cats, Yuyu Hakusho.
fuck even older generations had shit like Candy Candy, Remi, damn Some really old fellas may recall Señorita Cometa (Cosmic Baton Girl)

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Not enough demand and mid tier corpos have to deal with a suprising amount of schizophrenia, maletuber collabs would just increase that tenfold if its dedicated enough

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer
Whataboutism. But you go ahead and enjoy 19 minutes of flashbacks in 20 minute episode
I couldn't hear you over the sound of endless running and flashbacks within flashbacks, A.K.A Los super campeones ( Captain tsubasa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom