"What's the point of wielding the sword if you are not willing to get it bloody"Shylily

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Remember that stream Demon Dice Karen did like right after the Connect the World and DDK LA concerts? The sponsored Persona makeup one? She gave the leftovers to Bae lmao.

The steam that made this:
View attachment 34540

The last thing the neighborhood paper boy sees before getting HAGGED.COM
Wait, what, she's 27, not 45? :^)

Good God i had forgotten about that, I couldn't find a video clip of just this line, but i thought this quote perfectly encapsulated my thoughts on Karen.

"If this is you on the honeymoon, I'd hate to imagine our anniversary." - Eddie Gluskin, Outlast: Whistleblower

Hollywood actors and writers may be affected by AI? The bigwigs aren't paying them enough? Donate now to show how good of a person you are?

As someone who makes significantly less than your standard Hollywood Actor and Writer, I feel like if I made a public stink toward my work about paying me more, I would be fired and replaced with someone who would do the work in my stead. It sucks, yes, but I'm not privileged enough to get the entire internet backing me up with a call for unionization, and I would be laughed out of the room if I made the same notion.

Sure, they deserve their pay and work, just as everyone does, as long as they are willing to do the work that they are given. If they stop working, or under-deliver on their work, they run the risk of getting fired just like everyone else. But it's difficult for me to feel sympathy toward them, when they had been scoffing at the notion of being replaced with new/better workers for the past decade now, and refused to either adapt to the evolving situation, or improve their own work so that the notion of replacing them is laughable.

...That, and I don't trust anyone that wants me to align with unions or strikes with the implication that I'm a terrible, terrible individual if I don't. Nine times out of ten, there's quite a bit more to the situation that's being understated, or it's delivered with "It could happen to me! It could happen to YOU!", when they would otherwise call me a Nazi/bigot the second they're back in comfortable standing. With this being from Vox Akuma, I'm even less enthused at the prospect of virtue signaling donations.

Also keep in mind this is after years of the writers producing shit content, i couldn't care less about them losing their jobs.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Also keep in mind this is after years of the writers producing shit content, i couldn't care less about them losing their jobs.

There's still the part of me that says they should have work like everyone else

But my incredibly autistic essay boils down to:

I dislike commies

REEEEEEEE

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Shark says she got stuck in traffic, implying she actually went outside.

Limkin

I can't believe Nina was filming her fucking Pomu and then send this video to Kiara with "you next" message. And now Pomu is just trying to dance around it, calling it 'wotagei'

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
gura live, the traffic didn't consume her after all

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
I didnt read the user name and i already laughed but then i literally fell of my chair when i see fucking VOX AKUMA
This is something i would expect from Vshojo since the Ukraine charity and from Melody.
But Nijisanji??? and Vox???
Not really strange for Niji, least JP. But Vox has a background in the industry, least on the student production level that he can resonate with them so him above all would make sense compared to Finana doing shitty asmr for it.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
It's Towa's birthday today :sanasmile:

She'll be doing a call-in stream in a few hours:

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

God's Strongest Dragoon

Henya playing Fallout 4. She's at the start and the bombs are about to drop. Time to see if the Japanese trauma is generational. If you close your eyes, you can almost imagine you're at Nagasaki before the bomb drop was dropped on them.

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

As if I already didn't like this cunt for cultivating a cancerous fanbase and failing to rein them in, the actual brain diseased limey monkey is going to bat for the motherfuckers in entertainment that deserve the biggest brainbatting of them all. I don't give a fuck if these polesmoking writers aren't getting what they feel they're worth, because that value is actually 0. Yeah sure doesn't help my case that I've been laden with a lot of bottom of the barrel shit but it's still trash being made by these same fucks crying they're not getting due recompense.

The lot of them can starve.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
There's still the part of me that says they should have work like everyone else

But my incredibly autistic essay boils down to:

I dislike commies

REEEEEEEE
This is something i don't agree with, you do not have a right to work. You have a right to apply for any job, you shouldn't be banned from any job, but if somebody else (AI included) can do the job better than you, then maybe you need to start looking for another job. My mother had to look for a new career in her early fifties because technology made her entire industry obsolete. Ai writers and artists are not the first time technology has made some jobs more efficient (therefore needing less people doing it) or entirely obsolete.

If the they are underperforming, and new emerging technology is making less writers needed for the same amount of work, and the demands of soviet union are increasingly absurd (they are look at what there asking for in regards to mandatory amount of writers on projects); well then the union and industry are going to have some very serious changes coming. Especially considering that the industry is having a bad few years and many studios looking to cut out the fat.

Okay rant over, i'll get off my soapbox, put down the lamp, and take my meds.

Last edited:

thirteenorphans

It's Towa's birthday today :sanasmile:

She'll be doing a call-in stream in a few hours:

Reverse totsu so more call-out than call-in. Interested to see who she decides to terrorise.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Hollywood actors and writers may be affected by AI? The bigwigs aren't paying them enough? Donate now to show how good of a person you are?

As someone who makes significantly less than your standard Hollywood Actor and Writer, I feel like if I made a public stink toward my work about paying me more, I would be fired and replaced with someone who would do the work in my stead. It sucks, yes, but I'm not privileged enough to get the entire internet backing me up with a call for unionization, and I would be laughed out of the room if I made the same notion.

Sure, they deserve their pay and work, just as everyone does, as long as they are willing to do the work that they are given. If they stop working, or under-deliver on their work, they run the risk of getting fired just like everyone else. But it's difficult for me to feel sympathy toward them, when they had been scoffing at the notion of being replaced with new/better workers for the past decade now, and refused to either adapt to the evolving situation, or improve their own work so that the notion of replacing them is laughable.

...That, and I don't trust anyone that wants me to align with unions or strikes with the implication that I'm a terrible, terrible individual if I don't. Nine times out of ten, there's quite a bit more to the situation that's being understated, or it's delivered with "It could happen to me! It could happen to YOU!", when they would otherwise call me a Nazi/bigot the second they're back in comfortable standing. With this being from Vox Akuma, I'm even less enthused at the prospect of virtue signaling donations.

I am somewhat sympathetic to SAG-AFTRA because while it's easy to look at them and think they just represent millionaire movie stars and producers, the fact is that they also represent, if I may say it, the other 99%; character actors who maybe do four lines in one sitcom episode or a schlub in a beer commercial twice a year, assistant directors who often do more work than the guy who gets his name on the poster, gaffers and cameramen, and so on, and most of those guys aren't exactly collecting Lambos and catamites like the 1%. They deserve representation too and if the big names want to help them out with that, why would they turn them down?

That being said, I don't think it makes sense for a vtuber who probably has no stake in the matter to publicly take sides in something contentious like a labor dispute.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Great question Jim.

These fuckers couldn't write a decent script if literal decades of source material was slapped on their desk, and in many cases, that's what happens. I welcome AI generated scripts if it means we get some decent shit to watch every once in a while.

And imagine donating money to American actors and writers. What a joke.
:pippadfuckoff:

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Henya playing Fallout 4. She's at the start and the bombs are about to drop. Time to see if the Japanese trauma is generational. If you close your eyes, you can almost imagine you're at Nagasaki before the bomb drop was dropped on them.

...All of a sudden, I feel like I should mod Fallout 4 again before Starfield comes out.

Damnit Todd, you got me again.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I don't give a fuck if these polesmoking writers aren't getting what they feel they're worth, because that value is actually 0.
This actually upsets me. Regardless of what you think, the amount of work they put in is enormous and deserves just compensation.

They should all be thrown from a helicopter into the deepest active volcano known to man.

USS IOWA

I am somewhat sympathetic to SAG-AFTRA because while it's easy to look at them and think they just represent millionaire movie stars and producers, the fact is that they also represent, if I may say it, the other 99%; character actors who maybe do four lines in one sitcom episode or a schlub in a beer commercial twice a year, assistant directors who often do more work than the guy who gets his name on the poster, gaffers and cameramen, and so on, and most of those guys aren't exactly collecting Lambos and catamites like the 1%. They deserve representation too and if the big names want to help them out with that, why would they turn them down?

That being said, I don't think it makes sense for a vtuber who probably has no stake in the matter to publicly take sides in something contentious like a labor dispute.
Maybe he sees Neuro and thought his could be next too. That or he needs to add more eyes to NijiEN branch.

Edit: Yeah I'm also quite symphathetic to the SAG-AFTRA as well, I hate that most people think that most actors and writers in Los Angeles are rich, I mostly blame the elites and Hollywood and their action skewed the public's perception, but most of them just want to get their paycheck while they live their dreams. I hate seeing people struggle when they try to live their lives and I fear that if studios use AIs, or use it as an excuse to lower their pay, the little guys will struggle a little more. Hell Skid Row is starting to grow larger everyday.

Last edited:

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband

On a slightly unrelated autistic tangent... I will never understand how I see so many people say something tantamount to "rich person xyz doesn't deserve their wealth" so often, but these same exact people will blindly hold an exception for celebrities who are also rich. At least be consistent damn it!

Edit:
Entertainers can be one of the few cases where they really did visibly earn their money from nothing. If someone really has brought joy to millions of people, they deserve what they earn from that.
I personally don't see how this applies without being a blind exception. If the argument that entrepreneurs, inventors, business owners, etc. don't earn their wealth because they "steal" from other people's labor, then that should realistically apply to entertainers whom also make use of other people's labor. Want to know what an entertainer without the help of tons of different people looks like? A street performer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom