"They just kept throwing into my mouth, and none of them entered!"Mika Melatika

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTuberBobDole

Some one please provide an alternative download link? For research purpose :smugselen:

The new, semi-fixed version of the concert is up on Holo Pirates if you haven't found it already. Hopefully OK to link to the thread there.

Dunno. From what we know, it seems to be exclusive to things related to their models. Given Koyori got her outfit, it would seem HoloXs should be rolling out over the next weeks.

I mean, it sounds like a good system to me. They seem to accrue points naturally, given what we know about what others have said in the past. We just didn't really know they used a point systsm to track it. She wasn't really bitching or anything, just blabbing too much lol.

Edit: Kiara shilling the new cut of the concert but doesn't want to do a watchalong, more or less because of the awkward MCing lol

A points system makes sense - give extra credit to those who participate in events, concerts, etc that promote the overall brand and stay active in general. But I can also see someone will feel their oshi is getting slighted and use this new knowledge to whine about it being unfair and so on. Guess we'll see if anyone latches on to it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
how did HoloX get so much stuff so fast?
You're overthinking it. HoloX did not get anything faster than Council besides 3D, and that was obviously because of being located in Japan. IRyS, for example, vastly outperformed Council, but hasn't gotten much of anything, unless they need to use their points for a redesign.

Given what Calli said in the past, I don't think it is performance-based, anyway. Especially since the girls that are super popular don't really get more than other girls if you discount special 3D outfits, which were always based on ocassions. A good example is Pekora, she doesn't have a anything special, really.

Also, Kiara said there is another HoloTalk next week.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Uwu's Mahjong stream with Hina, Woozle and Bloom was a fucking blast.

The Gamer position

The position in question
unknown.png

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Unless my eyes and memory deceive me as I don't often tune in but check often on my sub feed. Chapipi has an incredible viewer count discrepancy between her singing and non singing streams

ogey_rrat

ogey

Superduper confesses to deliberately sabotaging an ATM.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Hard to say. I'm sure she mentioned it in the past, but during her birthday stream, Nyaru was practically begging for a part 2 of the Chrischan stream, and Lia confirmed there will never be a part 2, and that it's her decision. A few days later, this happens.

Also remember, she herself decided to stop her South Park Stick of Truth stream for some weird reason regarding not bringing any issues to her and Phase, as well as decided against playing Hogwarts Legacy on stream after seeming to be excited to play it with Rinmama. This is all while other Phase girls had played and were currently playing both games with no issues from management.

All this, on top of her recent post of trying to set some boundaries make it plausible that Lia herself would want to try and rid some of this from her image. I wouldn't have expected her to take things this far, but it also wouldn't shock me. She seems to be hypersensitive about bringing any unwanted negative attention to her and the company.

Obviously, if it was her, not a good look at all, and I wouldn't be happy with it, but it won't dissuade me from continuing to watch her. Just disappointing.
I'll say this much, if it's actually her attempting of her own volition to memoryhole archived VODs of her streams, it has the potential to do the exact opposite of avoiding bringing negative attention to her, because alongside what Hff already said, people generally don't tend to like when the copyright system on YouTube is seen to be abused - even if she's technically legally allowed to do it - because it's an unspoken rule to not do it unless absolutely necessary. Striking down VODs of her own streams doesn't fit that bill. If it becomes a habit, further criticism and negative attention towards her actions should become expected.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
All this, on top of her recent post of trying to set some boundaries make it plausible that Lia herself would want to try and rid some of this from her image.
What is her image though if you clean her up? The year one Lia that was bland and forgettable?:fishmandispair:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
The part that makes it potentially bad is how the points are accrued. It sounds silly, but a ‘performance-based’ system would actually feel more unfair than, “You get 10 points per month, 100 points for your birthday and anniversary, 50 points for being in an official concert, etc.” Basing it off stuff like stream metrics would lead to competition and internal numberfagging, which would not be good. But then I just think, how did HoloX get so much stuff so fast? It could be JP just has a completely different system?
Complaining that good work performance shouldn't be rewarded sounds dangerously close to commie talk to me.

Not-Username

The points thing tracks with what IRyS has vaguely said in the past. The general gist being, “If I do/ask for this, then I can’t do/ask for that”. Meaning she knows the ‘cost’ of things and has to decide what she wants to spend points on.
The part that makes it potentially bad is how the points are accrued. It sounds silly, but a ‘performance-based’ system would actually feel more unfair than, “You get 10 points per month, 100 points for your birthday and anniversary, 50 points for being in an official concert, etc.” Basing it off stuff like stream metrics would lead to competition and internal numberfagging, which would not be good. But then I just think, how did HoloX get so much stuff so fast? It could be JP just has a completely different system?

And regarding the Lia takedown notice: I highly doubt an official takedown from her or phase connect would just be her name. It would be phase, or it would be her channel name. Just being her name makes it look like a troll to me.

You're overthinking it. HoloX did not get anything faster than Council besides 3D, and that was obviously because of being located in Japan. IRyS, for example, vastly outperformed Council, but hasn't gotten much of anything, unless they need to use their points for a redesign.

Given what Calli said in the past, I don't think it is performance-based, anyway. Especially since the girls that are super popular don't really get more than other girls if you discount special 3D outfits, which were always based on ocassions. A good example is Pekora, she doesn't have a anything special, really.

Also, Kiara said there is another HoloTalk next week.
I highly suspect it is solely based on time.
At most some events where everyone participates.
Otherwise you cant get a fair system.

Also it should be for special asks aside from the generalised outfit grants.

So basically you can bother artists/riggers for 100 points worth of stuff per year (simplified) and stuff has points
Aside from general approval

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Complaining that good work performance shouldn't be rewarded sounds dangerously close to commie talk to me.
The alternative sounds dangerously close to Nijisanji to me.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Unless my eyes and memory deceive me as I don't often tune in but check often on my sub feed. Chapipi has an incredible viewer count discrepancy between her singing and non singing streams

Yeah this week/last it's been 200-400 for her daytime gaming streams, and near 2k CCV for her singing streams. She also gains about 1-2k subs every time she does another music stream. I like her gaming streams but it's very blatant where her strong point is and what her fans are coming for. Also:

Do it Roca, you know I love it when a Woman draws her own emotes :vespernice:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
View attachment 39264

Celebrated since ancient times.
pretty sure egypt places importance on the facing of images. ones facing toward the setting sun are "alive" and the ones facing toward the rising sun are "dead" (with the pharoh at the center facing the rising sun for being the dead god Osiris's avatar among the living) good job Moomers you just killed your genmates.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Hard to say. I'm sure she mentioned it in the past, but during her birthday stream, Nyaru was practically begging for a part 2 of the Chrischan stream, and Lia confirmed there will never be a part 2, and that it's her decision. A few days later, this happens.

Also remember, she herself decided to stop her South Park Stick of Truth stream for some weird reason regarding not bringing any issues to her and Phase, as well as decided against playing Hogwarts Legacy on stream after seeming to be excited to play it with Rinmama. This is all while other Phase girls had played and were currently playing both games with no issues from management.

All this, on top of her recent post of trying to set some boundaries make it plausible that Lia herself would want to try and rid some of this from her image. I wouldn't have expected her to take things this far, but it also wouldn't shock me. She seems to be hypersensitive about bringing any unwanted negative attention to her and the company.

Obviously, if it was her, not a good look at all, and I wouldn't be happy with it, but it won't dissuade me from continuing to watch her. Just disappointing.
What is her image though if you clean her up? The year one Lia that was bland and forgettable?:fishmandispair:

Maybe year one Lia was her real personality and she's tired of being the retard zoomer everyone loves. This is something that has been bugging me a bit with all of gen 1. During the early days before pippa started to incline the EN girls were very normal but then when pippa became the unofficial face of the company the rest of the girls started to be more autistic. I want to believe that fish unintentionally hired a bunch of fucking autistic weirdos that were decent enough to repress their shit due to management mandates and not that all of them are just putting up an autistic front to stay afloat. This possible shift in Lia leads me to believe she might've been putting a front for clicks, which I don't blame her, it's part of the game but her fans might not be very pleased in the long run.

I don't have this issue with gen2 they've been pretty much the same brand of autist since the beginning. :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Calling it a points system feels like a bit of a misnomer, it's more like an annual budget with the points as an abstraction.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
The alternative sounds dangerously close to Nijisanji to me.
If things worked in any of the ways you said:pekora the top Hololive talent for a while now should have 20 outfits,10 3D,100 brand collabs.
Back to the real world:She waited more than an entire fucking year just for one outfit

The Rrat

Early Adopter
If things worked in any of the ways you said:pekora the top Hololive talent for a while now should have 20 outfits,10 3D,100 brand collabs.
Back to the real world:She waited more than an entire fucking year just for one outfit
Not to mention Gura. I think she had a model update maybe once or twice with new expressions, and that is it?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
they may have implemented it later. or maybe even there are other things points can be spent on Pekora is one of the ones that goes in on a bit of everything she may be burning points on stuff she wants to do rather then outfits.

we have no idea how points actually works and cannot decide if it's a good or bad system till we do we can speculate a bit but that's about it.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
What? I was just saying I hope it's not performance based, not that it is.
And no one said that points expired, for all we know she could have a huge bank of points built up and just hasn't spent them.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Bijou just showed off her tags, and I feel like this is some sort of psy-op after recent events:

I, for one, am ready to #LMOAI at this dank Bijou content

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom