"NOT PETTAN! I'M BOING BOING! RUSHIA IS!"Uruha Rushia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Yeah, nice to see that Filia is still in.

So, what happened to Kuno Orihito? The popular one from batch 2, are they saving him for a new Niji wave?
Honestly don't know. I checked the discussions within the Niji circles and so far the clearest thing we know is that the VTA talents that got their archive yeeted is all mixed with the news of contract breach.

What I meant is that we have the ones that got their archive purged beforehand (Orihito is in this part), which is end of June. And then we have 13 more that was listed in MornLurker's list of booted talent, which archive is also yeeted/purged. Everyone then just agreed that there is possibility that the list might be wrong and we might have those that purged because their study is over or they got purged because the whole issue mentioned.

But knowing Orihito, he's probably gonna survive or some shit.
Orihito got the archive-wipe treatment before the VTA-wide temporary suspension (along with the other 11 students) which usually indicates future debuts (be it through Nijisanji or a different place depending on their decision) so he's already out of the equation of any VTA activities from early July.
Peeking through the timeline, it was more like this:
12 talents got archive wiped -> gen 4 debuts immediately -> news about temporary activities suspension -> today's news

So yes, the golden boy might actually debut in the near future.

and while I don't have any clue what that details are for that, what some of my Japanese friends who closely follow VTA think is that some of them were sharing details about VTA and the other students with people online.
There's an indication of doxxing involved according to some rumors so that could be a possibility as well

USS IOWA

Seems that girl who was complaining about sharing her name with Nerissa is already calling it quits. All other tweets are gone from her timeline.

archive

She could just shortened her name to either Neri or use the last name Delfina, Why do you need to sell your stuff just because you share the same name with a Holo.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
is this HoloID3 3D? (swimsuit for holosummer) archive
F2V8APSacAEi6Nm.jpg

EDIT: they will appear and sing using their live2d. archive

guess they only have enough parts of their 3D models for the promo pic.

Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
She could just shortened her name to either Neri or use the last name Delfina, Why do you need to sell your stuff just because you share the same name with a Holo.
:menhera::menhera::menhera::menhera::menhera::menhera:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
I live with family.
I don't think your pigeons care what mouse pad you use.

Edit: Moona is moving into a new place where the rent is half of her current place. Her mother is going to move in too since she has no need for the house anymore. Kind of sad.

Last edited:

Kalion

:)
I wonder if it has to due with being in Indonesia, they're not allowed to on their own streams. Ollie for example joined Miko's live with her swimsuit.
1691059625140.png

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
There's a follow-up to the recent VTA temporary activity suspension, some interesting development ahead so I thought it's better to share it here

Starting from an official announcement posted to their website a few minutes ago, translation by DeepL on spoiler:
(site announcement archive)
The Virtual Talent Academy ("VTA"). Thank you for your continued support of the Virtual Talent Academy (hereinafter referred to as 'VTA').

We have recently confirmed that some members of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th terms of the VTA have violated the rules we have established for the VTA, including thorough information management.
As a result, we have terminated the provision of the programme to the relevant VTA members.

The list of 'current students' has been updated to reflect the termination of the programme offer.
We would like to thank all of our fans for their support.

In response to this matter, VTA is reviewing its operational structure and in the meantime, the activities of all VTA members have been temporarily suspended.
As soon as the new operational structure is in place, VTA members will resume their activities.

For any enquiries regarding this matter, please contact the ANYCOLOR Corporation enquiry desk (https://www.anycolor.co.jp/contact ),
Please refrain from contacting any of our VTA members or our VTA members (including any communication on social networking sites or comments made during the distribution of the video). Please refrain from contacting ANYCOLOR or any of our VTA members (including any communication on social networking sites, comments made during the broadcast, etc.).

in summary, the announcement mentioned that the reason for the sudden temporary suspension was caused due to several students breaking VTA rules and they were immediately booted out of the programme starting today, for now the anycolor team will be reviewing their general operational structure before resuming the current student's activities at later date.

Here's the list of students who still remained in the academy and ones that got the boot:
Miyanaga Yuzuru
Kitami Yuusei
Naejiro Chiwa
Shioriha Ruri
Ikumaru Arina
Kamiki Shuna
Kinano Kotoha
Kumabi Tokito
Kogarashi Filia
Sasaki Ness
Hiyama Ritsu
Chigira Kento
Nonomiya Mera
Emitsuki Miki
Fujinokawa Itsuki
Aoumi Ukiwa
Kamizono Io
Irisaka Rate
Kagimura Kairi
Konoe Ichika
Tachibana Eiji
Fujidou Rokucho
Ashiya Taiga

Regarding the kinds of violations the ex-students have made, there's no detailed explanation as usual but it was mentioned a part of it is "Information Management" which I believe is related to their private info. I appreciate it if a more experienced nijibros could chime in because I have been mostly informed about this through the official statements and nothing more
Bonus: They've disabled replies for the announcement tweet in regards to the news (archive)
I've been sitting on some info for about a week now but my health is in a really bad spot rn and it's taking a lot out of me just to write this post.

So, first of all, I know this is going to sound like cope but I don't think this is a bad thing even if some members involved were really good and it's disappointing. The fact of the matter is that VTA is a school intended not only to create V-Tubers for Nijisanji, but V-Tubers with the experience to theoretically apply anywhere.

This is important, because at least if a VTA graduate joins Nijisanji and fucks up, onlookers can just say that management made a mistake hiring someone like that, but if we imagine a scenario where a VTA graduate joins Hololive and pulls a Rushia, what SHOULD be entirely Cover's mess to deal with is suddenly also Anycolor's because they're the company that produced that person's skills and etiquette for a high-profile company. The company can't take any chances like that, so removing them in VTA is not only the correct decision but also kind of what the initiative exists to do in the first place - ruthless though it may be.

As I also previously mentioned, people joining VTA do not have to be 18 years old, however you do need to be 18 to join Nijisanji. The general consensus surrounding Kaburaki Roco is that she wasn't part of Ranunculus because she was only 17 at the time, as not only does she say she's 18 to Ange in their collab, but she's also the only person not drinking alcohol in Idios' recent collab. These people are largely 17-21 years old and likely haven't had a job before, so I don't think whatever happened was malicious but moreso something along the lines of a group chat they shouldn't have made or they were too loose lipped. It doesn't shock me that people like Filia, Chiwa and Ruri who all seem to be slightly older/have had previous employment didn't participate.

The actual statement and decision itself isn't a problem, the problem is this...
Honestly don't know. I checked the discussions within the Niji circles and so far the clearest thing we know is that the VTA talents that got their archive yeeted is all mixed with the news of contract breach.

What I meant is that we have the ones that got their archive purged beforehand (Orihito is in this part), which is end of June. And then we have 13 more that was listed in MornLurker's list of booted talent, which archive is also yeeted/purged. Everyone then just agreed that there is possibility that the list might be wrong and we might have those that purged because their study is over or they got purged because the whole issue mentioned.

The actual course of events is a bit more nuanced than two batches of people having their archives privated. A lot of the confusion is stemming from the 'Current Students' section on the VTA website.

Prior to today, the list was obviously much larger, but the list also included the names of fan favourite members like Kuno Orihito, Mikuni Otoha, Aokiri Mihono, who by the time the website was updated on July 2 had ALREADY 'Graduated' VTA, whereas other members like Mizumachi Nako, Himemori Erika etc who had their archives removed at the same time were not part of it.

So, now that the 'Current Students' list has been updated to reflect the terminations of the offending members, people are unsure if the removal of these previous members' names was them taking an opportunity to fix an error, or if their names were indicative of them being held pending Nijisanji debut, and their subsequent removal means they too were part of this. The company has kind of driven themselves into a corner because it'd be really fucking weird to update the list twice after Kuno had his archives privated only to keep his name there. It doesn't shock me at all that Anycolor have perhaps concluded that the specific pipeline VTA has right now isn't working and needs altering. These are the kind of teething issues you can expect from a company trying to do something new, though.

Overall, very sad news but not a doom and gloom thing. There are hundreds if not thousands of talented people in Japan who want an all-expenses-paid course to become a V-Tuber.

Anyway, this'll be my last post for a long while so I can recover

Though I probably won't watch them, I'm very happy to see Ally & Sally return after effectively being told that they weren't popular enough by their last employer. Those are the kind of middle finger idol stories I like to see.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Fucking nijisanji STOP TAKING Ls ALREADY I'M STARTING TO FEEL BAD JESAS
I mean, I kind of get them dealing with this before it becomes a problem down the line, considering how Meloco and Kotoka literally bypassed VTA and signed up for NijiEN when all Japanese potentials are supposed to go through VTA now.
Because it's Mel Nekomata, she was trying to scam people again and she hoped the pitybaiting was going to work. The current lie is she's "Homeless", this is what she tells people who buys her content through emails, and that she's selling it to "pay for tuition" even though she's in America and the American government loves throwing you into debt so she could easily have it taken care of but it's Mel.

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
The promotional picture for gen 3 ID isn't 3D, it's a 2D illustration that nearly replicates the 3D looks so it doesn't look as uncanny when being shown in group picture like this, similar to their holoexpo promotional pictures this year

So, now that the 'Current Students' list has been updated to reflect the terminations of the offending members, people are unsure if the removal of these previous members' names was them taking an opportunity to fix an error, or if their names were indicative of them being held pending Nijisanji debut, and their subsequent removal means they too were part of this. The company has kind of driven themselves into a corner because it'd be really fucking weird to update the list twice after Kuno had his archives privated only to keep his name there. It doesn't shock me at all that Anycolor have perhaps concluded that the specific pipeline VTA has right now isn't working and needs altering. These are the kind of teething issues you can expect from a company trying to do something new, though.
I guess the confusion was heavily caused by the official site failing to update the list of active students during the recent removal before the temporary suspension was forced on everyone who was still actively streaming by then. It was obvious to see who was actually removed because of the oopsie and ones who were removed for a potential future debut if you looked at the date when their VODs got taken down.

I kinda agree with your sentiment about this being a rather good favor towards Nijisanji though it still going to leave a mark on people who actually like these students, pruning the problematic people early on could help them create a more drama-free gen in the future

I mean, I kind of get them dealing with this before it becomes a problem down the line, considering how Meloco and Kotoka literally bypassed VTA and signed up for NijiEN when all Japanese potentials are supposed go through VTA now.
But joining VTA is not mandatory at all, we still get JP people that get to debut without being a VTA graduate in some of the newer gen. The program was mainly created to help people gain streaming experience and easier leeway to join Niji or any other VTuber-adjacent place they'd like to be

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
In about an hour Kobo is going to practicing for a Pokemon Unite the Right tournament.

Edit: For whatever reason it got privated. A screenshot from before
signal-2023-08-03-07-57-48-133.jpg

Last edited:

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
I've been sitting on some info for about a week now but my health is in a really bad spot rn and it's taking a lot out of me just to write this post.

All the Ls Nijisanji has continuously taken has finally brought their greatest champion, Scuddle, down low on his knees...
Rest up and get well soon, Sir NijiYamanba.
:gurasemperfi:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

So this is apparently going to happen. "The Myriad" is a TTRPG ran by Ster that a lot of pretty large streamers have participated in.

Short

God Damn the Sun
Fishman's last hope for he's idol dream Jelly Hoshiumi is going to play The Song of Saya in 30 minutes!!!!

Go give her some love, I'm not asking!:amegunl:
1231424124124124124.png

A/T

Also, her idol karaoke stream got taken down.
2023-08-03 1.png

A/T
Archive:

At least listen to the last song:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Ant hime got her Froot video back, cant wait to see what other label FalseEyeD can pin on her now

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

YlAkZ02UzAWk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom