"No more moldy cheese. No more moldy milk. No more expired medicine. No more moldy here. No more moldy gravy. Nothing in my fridge is moldy nowww. Except that corpse!"Shiori Novella

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Yeah, sounds like the affects of going public are taking hold sooner than I hoped.

What fucking idiot came up with that idea?
My guess is more that management is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, because Mori and Kiara stream the most out of EN and actually do projects, but both have kinda stagnated in numbers. Mori because she does 8 hour streams of random games at random JP times, and Kiara, I don't know why, I don't actually watch her. I don't watch much HoloEN in general anymore.

Serbian Peacemakers

Looks like DDKalli is gonna let herself some rest.

Not really shocking, though I am surprised she's just came out and said it rather than slowly stop posting entirely as DDK.

Its quite clear DDK has taken a backseat to Mori, just about everything she's said she's wanted to do as DDK has not happened, she streamed probably less than 5 times even after becoming a twitch partner, her Gamersupps sponsor went nowhere, her New album has been delayed twice with a current release date of "???", and just overall it seems the DDK persona is not possible to continue alongside Mori. I am thankful she's taking the smart route of ditching DDK and continuing with Mori, as its clear its possible to complete projects as Mori where as DDK she can barely keep a constant online presence.

This was the follow up tweet under that one.
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 21-07-40 😈🎲 DEMONDICE on Twitter.png
twitter link idk how to embed

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

RiverBear

I don't know what the fuck is going on, because it's been about a week since the stream where she brought up how management keeps asking her to beg for subs, and that she doesn't want to do that because it's annoying.
Just how bad is going behind the scenes of Holo that the girls have to BEG for subs
People used to joke that being in Holo = easy subs, but now they literally have to beg for it?

IT'S JOEVER

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Just how bad is going behind the scenes of Holo that the girls have to BEG for subs
People used to joke that being in Holo = easy subs, but now they literally have to beg for it?

IT'S JOEVER
1690767201918.png
So true sister.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Kind of an unfortunate time, considering the HoloEN debuts tonight, but it looks like Sawa is going to talk about the Skull Girls controversy tonight.

>Implying she didn't purposefully pick this time specifically because of HoloEN 3
:smugpipi:
But in fairness she put a poll up for either today or tomorrow and people wanted today.

RiverBear

1690767737082.png

Whale whore got bonk'd and is sent on time out.

SEE RUSHIA
IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
View attachment 38577
Whale whore got bonk'd and it sent on time out.

SEE RUSHIA
IT'S NOT THAT HARD
Imagine getting suspended by a man you hired and pay.
:smugmoona:

OK, to be fair, I have to give her credit for not getting assmad and firing the guy.
:smugina:

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
Yeah, sounds like the affects of going public are taking hold sooner than I hoped.
Are you fucking serious? did we read the same shareholder meeting?.For the TRUE effects of going public to show up they would need to terminate every single Holostar that isnt worth a shit

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Fishman has practically begged the Phase girls to ask for subs and likes before, Pippa mentioned it once.
I think most of them forgot now.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Are you fucking serious? did we read the same shareholder meeting?.For the TRUE effects of going public to show up they would need to terminate every single Holostar that isnt worth a shit
So Vesper and Magni are gone. Who else? :smugselen:

Shhh, settle down, settle down, even I'm not that contrarian. :SelenHAHAhere:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Didn't some ojisan in the latest meeting ask if they were gonna do private irl meetups with the talents for shareholders? They asked a bunch of inane shit and the company just gave a bunch of non-committal answers like "We will consider it". I still find it funny how some guy straight up asked why they didn't go full niji and just pay the talents a smaller cut.

I don't think the vtubing industry will fall to corpo greed that quickly because of the IP death thing with graduations, since that gives all vtubers some power to say "If I leave you loose out on this entire IP bitch" Once any agency does that and comes out unscathed then it really is fucking over.
That's why I don't really want vtubers to get that much more popular, once there are enough brainless consumers and normies involved, companies can do whatever they want and they will still turn a profit even though most of the community will rage about it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I was about 10 seconds away from saying that "it's probably to not go before a merch drop", but then I remembered that volume 2 of the merch is already out with the swimsuit acrylics. So yeah I have no clue. https://shop.hololivepro.com/en/products/hololivesummer2023_acrylicstand_ssp?variant=44007947665628
Maybe they're saying you can't use it personally before you use it on a special event stream?
I tuned in a bit ago and it sounds like they literally just have to wait until August 1st to be able to use them, so they don't even have to wait for a special stream, the caveat is literally just "it has to be August".

Cover, what? :confusedshuba:

I was half joking, but it's only a matter of time when they realize they aren't making infinite money as fast as possible and go full Riku accelerate on all fronts and put stupid expectations. We already got Yagoo listening in to Twitter spaces by NFT-tards.

Fishman has practically begged the Phase girls to ask for subs and likes before, Pippa mentioned it once.
That's his own fault for being a soy and letting his employees walk all over him all the time.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
:shiinastare:"Be honest did I filter you?" YES! I'm perplexed trying to see a deeper reason to this current trend. 1 Shiina just sincerely is emotionally arrested on Tamagotchi, maybe never got the chance to indulge herself before. 2 It's an attempt to be more childish and appeal to those 50K+ weirdos that subbed from her shorts and left comments about her "cute little hands". 3 Some attempt to appeal to a type of female demographic that although it must exist, I'm not familiar with.

E "They had a Godzilla and a Mothra one too, but I left those out" and that's were you fucked up Beanut :faunacry:

Horo7618

No one in particular
The thing about asking for likes and subs is that it really does work. Much better than any reasonable person would expect it to. So you should really be pleased when a channel you like starts doing it instead of annoyed (assuming you want them to be more successful...)

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

IT'S JOEVER

It's a function of YT. This isn't management being weird. Asking for Subs = Subs. Sub Growth = Algo Weight. Algo Weight = pushes all members better.

All trained systems will value thing action that makes X go to X+1. The reward-based approached to training. That's why companies always worry about metrics. The Algo can't care about quality. It just cares about "Make Number Bigger", in the dumbest ways possible.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Pippa has went one worse than not asking for subs, she's even blocked anyone from raiding her stream.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The thing about asking for likes and subs is that it really does work. Much better than any reasonable person would expect it to. So you should really be pleased when a channel you like starts doing it instead of annoyed (assuming you want them to be more successful...)
To be fair, I also think the JP side all have always asked for subs and likes since forever. It is actually kinda weird that EN never really has pushed for it before now.

mismatch

This is true. Case in point, she's only been doing the begging for a few days, and she already briefly passed Gura in monthly sub growth for the first time that i've ever seen (albeit both of them are still pretty stagnant along with the rest of EN). The question is, how long will it work for? If they're not bringing in new viewers, all this is gonna do is get the lazy fuckers that have been watching her but never bothered to subscribe. I'm very interested to see what happens, honestly. Gura will be a great control group, cause she will never do this shit in a million years. The day she asks people to subscribe is when you actually know something's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom