"Protein God-do issu Arnold Schwarzenegger, hai, let's watch Terminator with me!"Kannagi Loki

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jealous

Lurker
On that topic, I hope some cool nigga is planning to do a recap of the Debuts, who they are, past life info etc for those of us who have jobs were unavailable during these hours and also don't have time to read hundreds of pages of liveposting.
>cool
>PL info

Pick one

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
On that topic, I hope some cool nigga is planning to do a recap of the Debuts, who they are, past life info etc for those of us who have jobs were unavailable during these hours and also don't have time to read hundreds of pages of liveposting.
Nolan and his sister ended up being Fuwamoco

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Shiori is kind of weird, probably because of the model and voice mismatch.
Biyou feels like a EN Kobo vibe.
Nerissa is very good at singing.
And the twins makes everyone kneels to Yagoo.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
>cool
>PL info

Pick one
To clarify, I don't care about the whole secret knowledge stuff. I just mean the obvious stuff like the new twins being the old twins. If they are all who they were speculated to be when they were announced.

Jealous

Lurker
To clarify, I don't care about the whole secret knowledge stuff. I just mean the obvious stuff like the new twins being the old twins. If they are all who they were speculated to be when they were announced.
Speculation is on-point. Yes.

Last edited:

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
We got them all correctly:

Shiori: Natsumi Moe
Bijou: Waabyuu
Nerissa: Caitlin Myers (mom0ki)
Dogs: Ally and Sally (GGN girls Akira and Makoto)

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Debuts recap
1690779689848.png

Punished Lurker

We got them all correctly:

Shiori: Natsumi Moe
Bijou: Waabyuu
Nerissa: Caitlin Myers (mom0ki)
Dogs: Ally and Sally (GGN girls Akira and Makoto)
Honestly it's incredible all of them were correct, good job to anyone who guessed correctly. I'll have to do my reps later and find out exactly what were the clues that gave the answer

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Alright, I'm gonna put my character design autism here since it's more of a general thing and the HoloEN3 thread is currently livetweeting the ongoing collab, but seeing all the new girls together like this is raising some flags for me.

image (3).jpg

There's a big difference in the design philosophy compared to Myth and Council's respective group lineups, with the most obvious thing being the use of colour. The colours themselves are much less saturated, and the palette range across the five designs is much smaller and used more conservatively against white and black elements. This works really well for group shots as it makes them look like a more cohesive unit, but aside from the twins I worry it'll take longer for their designs to leave an impression individually.

Compare them to the other group shots to see what I mean:
Capture (1).jpg
image (4).jpg

These look less cohesive when put together, but with the exception of maybe Sana they each individually have a single, distinct colour you associate them with, which leaves more of a conscious and subconscious impression. "Blue shark", "blonde detective", "REEEE PINK WOMAN" etc. are more immediately striking than subtle purples against black or white.

Will this be a problem long-term for the new girls? Probably not, they have time for their personalities to pull more of the weight, but it makes me wonder if this was an intentional change in direction for one reason or another, or if it's just a product of all the more saturated tones being "taken" by now.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Honestly it's incredible all of them were correct, good job to anyone who guessed correctly. I'll have to do my reps later and find out exactly what were the clues that gave the answer
IIRC, there were 0 real clues for Fuwamoco. No leaks, no accidental likes/retweets, nothing. Other possible twintuvers were just ruled out because of timing or still being active and people REALLY wanted it to be them.

Edit: Nvm, there were apparently a lot of little clues here and there dropped by them

Last edited:

No Name

but with the exception of maybe Sana they each individually have a single, distinct colour you associate them with
Excuse you? Sana is clearly associated with the color brown! Brown space woman!

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
IIRC, there were 0 real clues for Fuwamoco. No leaks, no accidental likes/retweets, nothing. Other possible twintuvers were just ruled out because of timing or still being active and people REALLY wanted it to be them.
No, there were a ton of clues. Their heart emote colors in their tweets and color-schemes in general. Their debut stream thumbnail being a literal recreation of their GGN debut stream thumbnail. Hints on their roommate accounts in the form of vague tweets lining up with account creation dates for their Holo accounts. They literally posted instagram pictures of themselves at AX in front of two different Hololive posters at the event that were "in the background". They were dropping hints everywhere and VERY purposefully.

You can call it all grasping, but there were too many different signs that lined up way too well.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Excuse you? Sana is clearly associated with the color brown! Brown space woman!
Oh god, we have another one of them.

If you want to see some especially obnoxious secret knowledge people tonight, feel free to open this video and sort the comments by newest.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The colours themselves are much less saturated, and the palette range across the five designs is much smaller and used more conservatively against white and black elements. This works really well for group shots as it makes them look like a more cohesive unit, but aside from the twins I worry it'll take longer for their designs to leave an impression individually.
That's something I noticed with Phase Alias as well, a lot of white, cream, lavender, and pastels.

Short

God Damn the Sun
The colours themselves are much less saturated, and the palette range across the five designs is much smaller and used more conservatively against white and black elements.
You are probably right, they are less distinct, but I think the less saturated colors look better, to be honest.

chihirogumi

Chii-chan is confused by Elon's shenanigans.

DeepL: I thought I opened the blue bird app, but the moment I opened it, I was engulfed in darkness and noticed that an app called "X" was open...
When I close the app to see what's going on, the blue bird turns into a black X app for a split second, and then it goes right back to the first blue bird 😧.

What the heck... maybe my phone is cursed? -́ω-̀)?

Or maybe the heat broke it? I'm sorry 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨.

PekoWick

When will EN4 debut bros? Im kinda bored with the new gen already.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Alright, I'm gonna put my character design autism here since it's more of a general thing and the HoloEN3 thread is currently livetweeting the ongoing collab, but seeing all the new girls together like this is raising some flags for me.

View attachment 38674

There's a big difference in the design philosophy compared to Myth and Council's respective group lineups, with the most obvious thing being the use of colour. The colours themselves are much less saturated, and the palette range across the five designs is much smaller and used more conservatively against white and black elements. This works really well for group shots as it makes them look like a more cohesive unit, but aside from the twins I worry it'll take longer for their designs to leave an impression individually.

View attachment 38677
View attachment 38678

These look less cohesive when put together, but with the exception of maybe Sana they each individually have a single, distinct colour you associate them with, which leaves more of a conscious and subconscious impression. "Blue shark", "blonde detective", "REEEE PINK WOMAN" etc. are more immediately striking than subtle purples against black or white.

Will this be a problem long-term for the new girls? Probably not, they have time for their personalities to pull more of the weight, but it makes me wonder if this was an intentional change in direction for one reason or another, or if it's just a product of all the more saturated tones being "taken" by now.
Fuwa - Blue doggo
Moco - Pink doggo
Bijou - Jolly Rancher Princess
Shiori - Crazy eyes, Goth Waifu
Nerissa - Cooler Kroni

It wasn't that hard.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter

View attachment 38674

View attachment 38677
View attachment 38678

I get the impression that previous gens (not just EN) were created with no thought whatsoever about any kind of theme or cohesion. I can see individual artists coming up with whatever they thought looked cool for Myth and Council, and then coming up with some shit after the fact to try and group them somehow.

With Holox we see more effort put into making them part of a group while still making each member quite different from eachother. Now with EN3 it looks like they've gone all-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom