"I hate this stream, chat. It's me lying to make myself look good, chat. I can't believe this. I can't believe that I lied to make myself sound good"Hana Macchia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
As Ensok mentioned, a lot of the game is sidequests for masks and the way they are presented is incredibly obtuse. The only reason to get all the masks is to use the Fierce Deity mask, which turns the final boss fight into a meme as you go God Mode. The main story's questline is honestly not that confusing. The game's most obnoxious sidequest is the one for the Couple's Mask, take a look at this shit and tell me people easily figured this out without game guides in the era before the internet took off.

Screw you the Bomber's Notebook is awesome.

chihirogumi

Despite the Vietnamese Civil War (Vietnam War to Americans) lasting way way longer than the Sino-Vietnamese war (literally one month) and decimating parts of their country, the Vietnamese despise the Chinese way more than they hold hard feeling towards Americans. I'm not surprised by the hate she's getting.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Screw you the Bomber's Notebook is awesome.
Never said it was impossible, that notebook is a huge life saver. Having to autistically follow several NPCs for 3 in-game days each to figure out their schedules and then try to piece it altogether for a questline with multiple "fail" points is the very definition of obtuse game design. It's my favorite Zelda but fuck that quest in particular. I remember writing out all the schedules on pieces of paper back in the N64 days to figure it out.

EDIT: Literally this questline

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Here's Roca's Unarchived Karaoke Stream
Roca Rourin Ch. idol-EN-【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE _ 歌枠】🎶Singing member requests 🎶-uYe-jGXolTQ.jpg
Mega Link - Roca Rourin - 【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE _ 歌枠】🎶Singing member requests 🎶
Mega Link - My Archived Videos

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Despite the Vietnamese Civil War (Vietnam War to Americans) lasting way way longer than the Sino-Vietnamese war (literally one month) and decimating parts of their country, the Vietnamese despise the Chinese way more than they hold hard feeling towards Americans. I'm not surprised by the hate she's getting.

Might have something to do with the centuries the Chinese ruled over Vietnam, and the ongoing territorial disputes. Also Barbie of all fuckings things seems to have recently kicked the hornets nest in relation to the Vietnamese bad feelings towards China.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Vietnamese Civil War was also a proxy war for the Chinese. One of big reasons why the Americans never pushed too hard into North Vietnam is because they didn't want a repeat of the Korean War where a gorillion chinks flood down south.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Should extrapolate that I don't care much for the music either. Music in general is just something I find it hard to get into, vtuber music in particular has been non-stop misses every time I take a shot listening to some either covers, originals, karaoke, etc. The few times I watched Altare playing FFXIV and he hit some music he wanted to sperg on, even if I like the song from having a history with it from either previous FF or 14 itself, once he whips out an instrument to practice I just leave and come back 15 minutes later hoping he was done.
Personally I like quite a lot of vtuber music I've heard, but I get why it's harder to get into it. The karaoke streams are mostly just dumb fun rather than serious attempts at performing which is something you'll either love or hate, and the records have a lot of production quirks that can make them sound messier than more mainstream music.

Putting on a vocal performance that will sound good on a record is a very different skill to putting on a vocal performance for a live audience on stage or in karaoke, and most vtuber talents have little experience with the former, at least to begin with - not to mention that cleaning up vocals a chick recorded with a Blue Yeti in her bedroom is a much bigger ask than cleaning up something recorded in a studio with proper acoustic treatment, doubly so if there are multiple singers who all have completely different setups. This results in most vtuber music being mostly electronic pop as it's easier to mix heavily processed and pitch-corrected vocals against electronic instrumental sounds, which isn't going to be to everyone's taste especially here since we're nearly all old gits.

I used to be a lot more opposed to this when I was younger since I grew up listening to a lot of rock and blues where the raw musical performances are the main appeal so cleaning up sub-optimal performances in post felt disingenuous and distracting, but learning about the production side of music has made me appreciate that as an art form too.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Personally I like quite a lot of vtuber music I've heard, but I get why it's harder to get into it. The karaoke streams are mostly just dumb fun rather than serious attempts at performing which is something you'll either love or hate, and the records have a lot of production quirks that can make them sound messier than more mainstream music.

Putting on a vocal performance that will sound good on a record is a very different skill to putting on a vocal performance for a live audience on stage or in karaoke, and most vtuber talents have little experience with the former, at least to begin with - not to mention that cleaning up vocals a chick recorded with a Blue Yeti in her bedroom is a much bigger ask than cleaning up something recorded in a studio with proper acoustic treatment, doubly so if there are multiple singers who all have completely different setups. This results in most vtuber music being mostly electronic pop as it's easier to mix heavily processed and pitch-corrected vocals against electronic instrumental sounds, which isn't going to be to everyone's taste especially here since we're nearly all old gits.

I used to be a lot more opposed to this when I was younger since I grew up listening to a lot of rock and blues where the raw musical performances are the main appeal so cleaning up sub-optimal performances in post felt disingenuous and distracting, but learning about the production side of music has made me appreciate that as an art form too.

It's all music in general that I have a hard time really getting into partially for reasons I don't want to elaborate on, vtuber music generally doesn't catch largely because it's all vocal tracks because naturally they would be and I just largely dislike anything with vocals because when I'm interested in a song, it's for the technicality of the music itself. Rare is the track that has vocals that I can enjoy but they tend to be either unique sounding themselves or more-or-less gibberish. I find maybe 2-3 songs a year that I actually like enough to listen to more than once, and if I do like listening to it you can bet that it'll be on loop for actual hours at a time. The great majority of what I listen to are either game OST songs that I have an emotional attachment to because I played the game, or other songs I heard in TV/movies/somewhere else that just stuck out to me in circumstance and I went looking for it. Sometimes I end up liking more tracks by the artist, but often not.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Dizzy's saying that Phase Weekly will be going on hiatus for August as she'll be unavailable Saturdays that month. Back in September with a bigger return stream to make up for it.
Dizzy pronounces "Uruka" like you'd jokingly say "murrica".
Do you not?

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
If Idol needs ever runs out of shekels, they can just make a youtube channel for Rin's mom. It worked for her donothon and it worked here. The donotions slowed down a bit and then spiked from $8k to $10k just cause she asked.
View attachment 38303

Kinda sweet that her mom helped her accomplish one of her dreams even though she verbally murders her 99% of the time.
Even went to stay up with her she sounds so tired

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Very smart Lapu chan using her PNG (she needs to go to the fan meeting later)

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
She'll always have a bigger spotlight during the Hololive concerts but I believe this is the best performance she's ever done.
View attachment 38259

She was getting tired 6 minutes in. She lost her breath for a bit 10 minutes in. She almost stumbled near the end. But for the entire 15 minutes, she kept her energy up, never stopped moving and put everything into her singing. I fucking love Oozora Subaru.
I still stand by my opinion that when it comes to 3d and stage presence. Subaru is TOP at Hololive.

If Idol needs ever runs out of shekels, they can just make a youtube channel for Rin's mom. It worked for her donothon and it worked here. The donotions slowed down a bit and then spiked from $8k to $10k just cause she asked.
View attachment 38303

Kinda sweet that her mom helped her accomplish one of her dreams even though she verbally murders her 99% of the time.
Honestly, if Rin funds the model, I couldn't see why they wouldn't let her.

Saw this shit yesterday. She was arguing with a bunch of viet tards over something that honestly didn't even feel like it was her fault. I don't really watch Bao and I dont really have much of an opinion on her (great singer) but holy shit she tends to tard out on social media about once every 4-5 months. Reminds me of Cimrai.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

I've heard that the Vits have been fighting with the Chinese for almost 1000 years and that the US involvement with the civil war is mostly water under the bridge at this point due to the Americans countering Chinese influence. Is this correct?

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
The chicken will be unarchived

Horo7618

No one in particular

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I fully acknowledge how painful that Holo Summer video is, but why am I seeing motherfuckers that watch mostly indie Twitch Vthots clutching their pearls over it?

Not-Username

I fully acknowledge how painful that Holo Summer video is, but why am I seeing motherfuckers that watch mostly indie Twitch Vthots clutching their pearls over it?
Outrage culture and "stick it to cover"

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
You got any examples? would be funny to see some seethe

Honestly the only thing i have against it is that its kinda cringey but people are right that most twitch thots get away with much more explicit content, Hololive pre-youtube apocalypse or whatever had their own swimsuit shit and at one point choco was their top talent, they were never really that above coombaiting.

I wonder if Rushia and NijiEN having a volatile fanbase taught them a thing or two about having coomers in the audience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom