"My grandma keeps a vial with all the kidney stones that she has passed; The biggest one she passed was the size of a pingpong ball, yeah I know! No I've never passed one that big"Amanogawa Shiina

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

niggaphil

Quick update about the first wave of Hololive Meet x Taipei merchandise:

I think the product is abit underwhelming, i probably make decision to buy or not when i see the second wave of products

Attachments

• 361607953_144456538679592_7890697796027664300_n.jpg
    361607953_144456538679592_7890697796027664300_n.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 361606136_144456632012916_453182406454154287_n.jpg
    361606136_144456632012916_453182406454154287_n.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 362977612_144456598679586_2651074480748024915_n.jpg
    362977612_144456598679586_2651074480748024915_n.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 363317844_144456302012949_4511634561464518701_n.jpg
    363317844_144456302012949_4511634561464518701_n.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 74

RiverBear

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

I think the product is abit underwhelming, i probably make decision to buy or not when i see the second wave of products

That art is ugly as fuck. Reminds me of a horrid line if girls' dolls called Bratz

FgB70E8XgAAbPiA.jpg

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
beware of repair costs of hybrid cars

used 1990's- early 2000s toyota camry with a standard transmission is the best car for people who dont care about cars. Cheap, reliable, and prolific last time i checked
I'd agree, but with a number of caveats:
  • Those older Toyotas are reaching classic car age and have almost undoubtedly exchanged hands MANY times, with the quality of the owners going down each time (responsible family -> less responsible child -> pizza delivery driver -> crackhead, many such cases).
  • The alternative (granny with the same car for 25 years) isn't much better, since cars that are rarely driven tend to begin experiencing nuisance faults from leaks caused by cracking rubber gaskets in the engine and transmission that ironically wouldn't occur as often if the car were driven regularly. I know a number of friends and family who fell for the "granny-driven Sunday church car" meme pulled their hair out because of this.
  • Keep in mind that Kronii lives in Canada. Unless she lives along the coast of BC, any car she'd be looking at would have been exposed to decades of salty roads, and for as reliable as those old Toyotas are their bodies LOVE to rust. Here in the northern US pretty much any daily driver you see from the early 90s that isn't a winter-garaged classic is a rusted-out clunker (and usually driven by the kind of people that would justify having a Ring on your porch).
Not sure about car prices in Canada, but my recommendation for a cheap, reliable beater would be a Honda or Toyota from the late 2000s. Alternatively, a Pontiac Matrix, since it's literally a Toyota with a less desirable badge. The 2008-2010 Hyundai Elantra is a reliable car as well, and usually cheaper than anything Japanese. Also, late 2000s Saturns are rolling cockroaches that won't die no matter how hard they get abused (though you may find a little surprise in the form of crack pipes or used hypodermic needles under the driver side seat).

That said, I'm sure Kronii is making more than enough money to afford something new. That's the best for piece of mind, plus you don't have to worry about the previous owner's miasma emanating from the cloth seats when you start it up on a hot summer day.

Clip tax: Henya was exposed to futa art of herself, regrets having eyes

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

Post Archive with Embeds

More Sakana lore has emerged tonight.

> at this point i think he's got an undiagnosed mental illness like the rest of us
Jelly going for the fucking throat :ironmousekek::ironmousekek::ironmousekek:

I see YAGOO decided the Nijisanji plant-posing-as-investor had a point and he's pushing the Nijimerch plan on the chinks as revenge for trying to take out Coco and Haato.

Stunned But Dumb

I'd agree, but with a number of caveats:
  • Those older Toyotas are reaching classic car age and have almost undoubtedly exchanged hands MANY times, with the quality of the owners going down each time (responsible family -> less responsible child -> pizza delivery driver -> crackhead, many such cases).
  • The alternative (granny with the same car for 25 years) isn't much better, since cars that are rarely driven tend to begin experiencing nuisance faults from leaks caused by cracking rubber gaskets in the engine and transmission that ironically wouldn't occur as often if the car were driven regularly. I know a number of friends and family who fell for the "granny-driven Sunday church car" meme pulled their hair out because of this.
  • Keep in mind that Kronii lives in Canada. Unless she lives along the coast of BC, any car she'd be looking at would have been exposed to decades of salty roads, and for as reliable as those old Toyotas are their bodies LOVE to rust. Here in the northern US pretty much any daily driver you see from the early 90s that isn't a winter-garaged classic is a rusted-out clunker (and usually driven by the kind of people that would justify having a Ring on your porch).
Not sure about car prices in Canada, but my recommendation for a cheap, reliable beater would be a Honda or Toyota from the late 2000s. Alternatively, a Pontiac Matrix, since it's literally a Toyota with a less desirable badge. The 2008-2010 Hyundai Elantra is a reliable car as well, and usually cheaper than anything Japanese. Also, late 2000s Saturns are rolling cockroaches that won't die no matter how hard they get abused (though you may find a little surprise in the form of crack pipes or used hypodermic needles under the driver side seat).

That said, I'm sure Kronii is making more than enough money to afford something new. That's the best for piece of mind, plus you don't have to worry about the previous owner's miasma emanating from the cloth seats when you start it up on a hot summer day.

Clip tax: Henya was exposed to futa art of herself, regrets having eyes

Not even the first time. Once someone drew cute art of pikamee and she followed him on twitter, despite a couple of her fans saying she shouldn't. That artist then immediately posted a picture of her with a gigantic dick having sex with several donuts. She unfollowed him. Not posting the tweets for obvious reasons, but here's a clip of her talking about her futa art

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Maririn debut reaction, chibi is super cute

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

I've always wanted to carry the severed head of my Oshi around

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
she wanted to play telltale's walking dead on debut but it never got through permission hell, she requested it again but nothing happened.
Nothing gets along like a house on fire as Hololive EN and lazy as fuck managers. :kroniibitchclap:
So i dont know how many her are into the idol stuff, but anywhy one example why i love holotori. Thank you Lui for helping making Kiaras dream come true.

Fixed camera for one of the Holotri performances in Luis live. Now you can follow your favoriters dance moves closely.

This gives me hope that we could possibly get a Connect The World Bluray that doesn't have horrendous camera work and we actually get to see their dance routine.
goddamn that performance is just pure :Vesper-SEEEX!:
Why couldn't they put this type of show during their EN concert?

In relation to my previous reply, I feel like a lot of members gave their all in the EN concert, just you couldn't actually see it. I would love to see Fauna's full performance in all its glory. But for now, the closest I can get is this sad footage.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

USS IOWA

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
LORE (tm) has a number of uses:
- Some Vtubers like playing their character more than others - e.g. Luna, Salome desuwa
- Fanworks - e.g. the antagonist of Myth vs Ina is someone corrupted by a malevolent otherworldly entity, not a Korean woman playing an octopus on the Internet
- As a "pilot light" for the Vtuber's own ideas and projects - e.g. Towa's songs about being a devil fighting for her life, Calli's songs about death and the underworld, Bae's first two originals about chaos, Lui's suppressed anger in the Overd-verse songs
- Setting audience expectations for inter-personal dynamics
-- This is very hard to do well. For example, with Council, you have no frame of reference for how guardians of abstract concepts should interact. With HoloX, you know how Saturday morning cartoon villains work, you know the tropes of a smug leader-in-name-only and their long-suffering subordinates. With Tempus HQ, you know how an RPG party works. The other difficulty is in casting for your roles.

Bonus Ollie 3D

Last edited:

niggaphil

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
UniVirtual's Momotsuki Hagu announced she's going on hiatus. Most likely around two months and she promised to return.

There will be a stream on her birthday next month on 9 August but no streams otherwise. Looks like this is enforced by UniVirtual because of her throat condition and her stream quantity/length not helping with recovery. Hope Utano won't have the same problem as they have kind of a similar stream frequency and as fellow Axel-V graduates I hope they are good to stream without damaging their vocal cords.

Earlier Koyori interviewed Ange Katrina as part of her reaching out to Vtubers outside holo and she is now streaming Armored Core.

Next interview is with Inui Toko FWIW. The chat speculated that Ange would introduce Lize Helesta but close enough as they are part of Niji's Sanbaka trio.

Sorry for everyone who dont understand JP but this is something i wanted to see.Lapu chan with this Nijisanji vtuber:Kanae

Found the English clip for this.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Good relationship between Fishman and Jelly

1690291626239.png
Jelly wouldn't even do a twelve-hour stint playing Factorio with Fishman earlier today.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Koros Apogee

I somehow missed this but Delta posted a full cover of Twinkle Night on her Twitter.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 082544.png

She also has posted the mp3 version on Dropbox for anyone to download.
Screenshot 2023-07-25 083024.png

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
This preview leak for premieres is one of the most egregious YT bugs yet, god damn.
Imagine something like Nintendo leaking the next smash or zelda this way. Or any big video game franchise, any big budget movie... YT lucky the people who know about it so far are just vtuber fans.

Crossposting from the EN3 thread, Kobo's IRL got found out.

Fairly old news though I guess it never made its way to this forum. There's pics scraped from her Instagram out there too. Was found because Keeki followed some random indo account.

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Hanabi's (one of ex-tsunderia) anniversary stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom