"Fiction books should really clarify that they're fiction so people with autism don't think it's possible and achievable. Like god damnit, I tried to concentrate so hard so I could have telekinesis like Matilda"Punkalopi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Here's a little blast from the past that showed up in my recommended recently that is a good example. It's Pippa & Lisa talking about their respective management at PC & Tsunderia. Lisa says management are all so nice, comfy atmosphere, and she loves it there fr fr. Tsunderia would later implode with talents going on rants (full on breakdowns in some cases) about how completely dysfunctional management and company internals were afterwards. Oops?
We might have a more complete view of how the industry works here thanks to board culture, but we're still viewers who only see the tip of the iceberg in regards to what talents think and how things are going down. Often times not even that much as talents will lie or obfuscate the truth either on orders or for their own reasons to keep the peace (ie I'm sure Urara/Dizzy was very nice, but that doesn't mean the rest of Tsunderia was).

I don't have the full timeline but tsunderia pretty much shit the bed after dizzy fucked off after being the one basically running the company or at least doing most of the lifting. Not saying the girls wouldn't lie to keep the peace but at this time maybe tsunderia was what lisa was saying it was. One can never truly know how good or shit the corpo is until a talent stops giving a fuck and rants and even then you can't take everything at face value. If you were to ask rushia about cover she'd have some shit to say about them that I'd say is either false or blown out of proportion, like being "bullied" by a senpai that can't fucking talk to people.

I think a decent measurement of how a corpo is doing internally is how many talents have left or were fired. Holo might have it's faults but the number of people gone in holo is what? 4? compared to how many nijis?

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Fauna's back!

FAUNA IS BACK :faunacry::faunacry::faunacry:

fauna back.jpg
Source

Last edited:

thirteenorphans

These people are working 2-4 hours a day 4 days a week and are earning more than 95% of the people their age.
For corporate vtubers at least, we know that work isn't just 2-4 hours a day. Indies who don't care about growth or metrics for sure can just fire up OBS and go live on twitch for very low effort. Hell if they're on YouTube they might even spend 5 mins on a thumbnail. But when even Phase Connect girls talk about waking up at shitty times to attend unproductive meetings, you can be sure it's 10x worse in a Japanese corporation.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
This reminded me of a nirvana album cover

Lui diving sky_minesky.jpg

The spitbear will attempt to build some gunpla right now

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

Simp

Kiara outfit reveal in 10 minutes

Yes, come watch the Phoenix (part-time) Warrior finally getting some armor! Or so i hope.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Towa's 1st album is releasing as well, about 2 weeks before the live
View attachment 37241

The new outfit, multiple covers/originals, her 1st album and her 1st solo live. This is her year bros. I'm so fucking happy for her :sanasmile:
Will listening to this album be known as 'Asterbating'?

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Ember talking about her cat having large balls and how soft they are when she touch it
Why is she like this

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Tangentally related, do we have Hoomans and Saplings here? As in people with Mumei or Fauna as their oshi?
This was like 15-20 pages ago so I don't know if there was a follow up, but I've enjoyed Fauna's content since the beginning, so +1 for saplings here.

RE: HoloEN "soon" tweet - The only thing holding me back from going full hopium on new talent is that symbol at the end. It's not in the same "style" as the other gens, and has more of a mascot feel. Appropriate for a single talent perhaps, or being something attached to a current talent. (Calli? IRyS?)

Whelp, others have posted it - Go check orange women's new threads!

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Kiara outfit reveal in 10 minutes

Starting off with new intro music, a deeper cello underlying the normal upbeat refrain. e: actually, that just might be deep violin or viola. Still, different vibe.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
no smush shork by @DDOLBANG11.png

Negotiations have ended: Gura will stream more frequently.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Congrats @nousagi this was the first time i got inforemed of a graduation through a youtube thumnail.
1690146854616.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
LIMK covers vtubers

So bunch of normies discover vtubers through the worst way possible, don't understand what it is and so go on to sperg out because of blatant misinformation.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Gura told Cover that if they fire Magni and Vesper she'd stream more often

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
LIMK covers vtubers

So bunch of normies discover vtubers through the worst way possible, don't understand what it is and so go on to sperg out because of blatant misinformation.
It's covered in the comments, but even that video has some misinfo, it was $8 to enter the convention. The concert was free for attendees and streamed for free on YT.

Not-Username

Kiara seems very happy and upbeat. Seems things are going well for her

And Chris manzanita with the thicc edgy chicken

Screenshot_20230723-232450~2.png

Another insane one

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
It's also Melodys Birthday apparently

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan