"Don't talk anymore. Please. Dream is broken"Takane Lui

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Considering Vesper just proved you can impregnate any of the Holo girls and still not get fired, I think Mysta would definitely be happier in Holo if he did get in.
Mysta already impregnated Mika. He's graduating to support the child and his menhera indo wife.
ID graduating is due to being merged into the main branch
Hana's recent membership zatsu had her kind of go into this. While she said no rats, I feel like at least saying that the merge wasn't the sole factor in graduations. A lot of the ID talents just "drifted apart" from eachother over time.
It really boils down to why would someone continue to work somewhere if your friendships have gone the way of Autumn/Winter (or never even had a chance to make any like with Himemora Luna).

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to make any comparisons between the company or their management, I'm just trying to say we don't know these people as much as we think we do and we can't quantify their happiness based on things like how much money they're making, and that frustrations do exist even if we aren't aware of them.
I think that is largely dependant on the talent/liver is, tbh. I could make the same statement of people I know in real life, too. Even Mysta's graduation was not really surprising, from all the complaining I have seen in the past from him and what I have read.

Unrelated, but I am still not sure how much I believe the Shu/Selen leak. I don't think Selen could reasonably leave Nijisanji right now without negatively affecting what she has built since V Saikyou.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Where is there for them to step up to? I mean Holo is there, but it's not very realistic given their current rate of adding new talents (and I'm not sure it's really a step up for male talents at all?). There's plenty of people graduating and stepping up into better positions in the small corpo scene, but Niji isn't that.
I've speculated somewhere in this thread that vtuber corporations that don't take care of their talents risk becoming the next Buzzfeed where unknowns go work there for peanuts and under shit conditions, and those that break through and become popular (Try Guys for example) can graduate, and take their new audience with em . As an indie they could possibly make much more $$ cus no more cut for HL and their $20M studio payments, they'll only be giving up those irl concerts. But if they're not idol-fans like Kiara would it really matter to those who just want to be streamers?

We've already seen it with kson, her other identity was the biggest open secret when she was Coco. On the HL side (cus lol who can keep track of all of Niji's waves) Cali could do it except she should still be under that recording contract, Kiara could kinda do it.. Gura could definitely do it.

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to make any comparisons between the company or their management, I'm just trying to say we don't know these people as much as we think we do and we can't quantify their happiness based on things like how much money they're making, and that frustrations do exist even if we aren't aware of them.

Here's a little blast from the past that showed up in my recommended recently that is a good example. It's Pippa & Lisa talking about their respective management at PC & Tsunderia. Lisa says management are all so nice, comfy atmosphere, and she loves it there fr fr. Tsunderia would later implode with talents going on rants (full on breakdowns in some cases) about how completely dysfunctional management and company internals were afterwards. Oops?
We might have a more complete view of how the industry works here thanks to board culture, but we're still viewers who only see the tip of the iceberg in regards to what talents think and how things are going down. Often times not even that much as talents will lie or obfuscate the truth either on orders or for their own reasons to keep the peace (ie I'm sure Urara/Dizzy was very nice, but that doesn't mean the rest of Tsunderia was).

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Towa's 1st album is releasing as well, about 2 weeks before the live
View attachment 37241

The new outfit, multiple covers/originals, her 1st album and her 1st solo live. This is her year bros. I'm so fucking happy for her :sanasmile:
Man, seeing her growth as a vtuber has been one of my favorites in vtubing. I have a big soft spot for her, and I'm super happy for her for everything that she's doing. She deserves all the success and love in the world. Good for her.
:sanasmile:

Here, have a clip with Towa that includes four of my five favorite Holomems (Towa being one of them):

Horo7618

No one in particular
...those that break through and become popular (Try Guys for example) can graduate, and take their new audience with em . As an indie they could possibly make much more $$ cus no more cut for HL and their $20M studio payments, they'll only be giving up those irl concerts.
Did Kson really made a step forwards doing that at all though - at best it was sideways, and that seems optimistic. She may be in a better place personally, but career-wise? I don't think so. And she's done the best of anyone leaving the big 2....

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Remi and Ember in a rare after noon Remi stream:hololove:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Mikeneko will have a stream to talk about her future
Worth to check it out to see if my nigga Autisticus is a schizo or not

There is a brief translation of the stream from the comments.
Going forward Mikechan is going to be known as 恋糸りあ (Koito Ria) and she is joining Voice Ore, who are a V-Seiyu (V-voice actor) production company. She is very much hoping that we are going to support her, and this should open new job opportunities in voice acting for her. The management confirms that she will be able to star in games and anime as a voice actor, which she is very happy about.Ria chan is looking forward to making friends with the other members, who are all female, mentioned a Minecraft and a Rust server, currently working on getting an Ark server - which again Ria chan is very very happy about. She says she is going to play with them every day if able ^^'Voice ore will help her develop her voice acting skills and hope they will be able to help her grow even bigger and help her fulfill her dreams. Hoping that the fans will support her in writing this new chapter of her life. There will probably be opportunities for her to appear at offline events, anime events sometimes have segments dedicated to meeting the voice actors which she may be a part of. Or give interviews. (seiyuu grand prix name dropped at this point). Ria chan is very happy to finally be able to go pro as a voice actress. They both consider it a win-win situation, voice drams, situation voices, and voice comics are also jobs that they will help her secure. She is free to collab with the other member is she wants to do so - she's very excited and can't wait to do her best.Sne wil lcontinue her activities on this youtube channel, (the name may be changed)3D model for her is something that is planned in the future, and of course 3D live events.

Kiara speedran that JP trip.

View attachment 37269

Came back to meet Nina?

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Rin's been doing her shark naming stream and has admitted to getting tired of her chat. Can't say I blame her but when your growth was as quick and explosive as hers was, it's to be expected.

17581.png
Pre-chat started spamming the name Dave and it lasted 20 minutes into the stream. She reiterated multiple times that Dave wasn't an option and had to say that mods will start banning people spamming it. Thankfully it settled down afterwards but it was pretty annoying.

But in good news, she announced what she's doing for Shark Week and it's massive. Her first time collabing with kouhais, her first collab cover, her first handcam stream, her first time hosting a game show and the most important thing here: She's accomplishing one of her major dreams by finally doing the conversation charity stream :sanasmile:
17586.jpg

It may have happened much faster than she would've liked but damn I'm proud of her and how far she's gotten. Gotta say today feels extra blessed after 2 of my oshis have announced that they get to achieve their biggest debut goals.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Gura could definitely do it.
Gura absolutely has the talent and the fanbase to do it, but I suspect that she doesn't have the temperament or inclination to be a career indie (as opposed to a hobbyist indie as she was before). I think she values the structure and relationships of Hololive too much to quit for reasons other than medical necessity or the collapse of the company, and I get the impression that the money is of secondary importance, especially if she'd have to handle the merch aspect herself.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Riro, Poko, and Coni meme submission game quiz

1690139506353.png

Roca karaoke soon

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Cross-posting is a sin but I slapped this speculation post in the HoloEn trailer thread

Curious as to if any less known indies or anime/music-adjacent non-vtubers people have heard of winding down activities? Unlikely most holo gens or niji waves there aren't a clear set of candidates this time.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Vtuber "journalist" didnt do his reps and is shocked that an infamously menhera streamer is tired and fed up with streaming (full thread archived because its a long spergout)

This was the same guy who tried to equate Holo and Niji's merch earnings just to blindly dicksuck niji

UberSoldat

stassy

Did Kson really made a step forwards doing that at all though - at best it was sideways, and that seems optimistic. She may be in a better place personally, but career-wise? I don't think so. And she's done the best of anyone leaving the big 2....
She got rid of most her anti, she can stream whatever she want at her own pace and she get featured in the next yakuza, guess it's a win for her even if her average viewers remained at 3k like in holo

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Shondos Birthday stream

Edit: She fixed him
signal-2023-07-23-14-36-19-323.jpg

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I think this seals it the Niji leaker is 100% the real deal and his word should terrify us all
We knew that for a while.

But since the leaker doesn't use a tripcode, there's no telling which posts are the leaker's and which ones are shitposts.

The one time that using a tripcode would actually make sense, and he doesn't use it.
I want to believe its Sonny just because i find it funny if the guy who faked his own death to stop playing a 16 year old FPS for a living had loose lips and was fed-up with being a corpo cuck
We all know Niji EN's management is terrible. For that reason, why not one of those terrible managers, who's willing to leak interna on /vt/ for internet points. Yeah, it'd be a dumb as shit move. Have I mentioned how terrible Niji's management is?

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Alex is cooking on the stream (in game).

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
There is a brief translation of the stream from the comments.
Going forward Mikechan is going to be known as 恋糸りあ (Koito Ria) and she is joining Voice Ore, who are a V-Seiyu (V-voice actor) production company. She is very much hoping that we are going to support her, and this should open new job opportunities in voice acting for her. The management confirms that she will be able to star in games and anime as a voice actor, which she is very happy about.Ria chan is looking forward to making friends with the other members, who are all female, mentioned a Minecraft and a Rust server, currently working on getting an Ark server - which again Ria chan is very very happy about. She says she is going to play with them every day if able ^^'Voice ore will help her develop her voice acting skills and hope they will be able to help her grow even bigger and help her fulfill her dreams. Hoping that the fans will support her in writing this new chapter of her life. There will probably be opportunities for her to appear at offline events, anime events sometimes have segments dedicated to meeting the voice actors which she may be a part of. Or give interviews. (seiyuu grand prix name dropped at this point). Ria chan is very happy to finally be able to go pro as a voice actress. They both consider it a win-win situation, voice drams, situation voices, and voice comics are also jobs that they will help her secure. She is free to collab with the other member is she wants to do so - she's very excited and can't wait to do her best.Sne wil lcontinue her activities on this youtube channel, (the name may be changed)3D model for her is something that is planned in the future, and of course 3D live events.

Came back to meet Nina?
@Autisticus Its this that agency that you were talking about?

httn

Hag enthusiast
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom