"I'm not your mama dayo!"Takane Lui

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
You are missing the point. It's a fired employee who is trying to use her previous model by commissioning a new one that looks nearly identical to it. Not just random people who ended up with similar models because artist draws the same face

Hololive owns the IP, creator isn't related to it in any way whatsoever. And saying things like "unnecessary drama" and "isn't worth it" is a dangerous slippery slope into people abusing your rights and running rampant with blatant theft. Roboco used to be an exception, I don't know if the guy who made the model still owns it, but aside from that you sell the character to Hololive when you are commissioned
I think it isnt worth it but in JP forums the hate for Mikeneko is coming back from the death thanks to this new model calling her a "traumatized bitch" and also "someone who doesnt move on" but i personally think she did this because her fans dont like her new models so she decided to have a familiar look in hope for returning viewers

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I get it that Phase Connect isnt that small but im suprised Kemono Friend's vtubing initiative has so little attention drawn to it, is it just an old project now? Thought it would atleast get some decent numbers just due to the brand
the TLDR is Failed at merching failed at advertising Talents are unnotable/uninteresting versions of the characters people actually care about (aka the "lore" problem taken to 11) The anime was mishandled to shit and when people liked it anyway they decide to fuck over the studio and give it to someone else (they had one 2-3 seasons as i recall)

Also fuck Nexon.

Kadokawa drained all the spirit and passion from the franchise.
I should of just pointed to this really.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
16d.png

Limkin

I think it isnt worth it but in JP forums the hate for Mikeneko is coming back from the death thanks to this new model calling her a "traumatized bitch" and also "someone who doesnt move on" but i personally think she did this because her fans dont like her new models so she decided to have a familiar look in hope for returning viewers
It was never a secret, by the words of the resident Rushia simp she wants everything to go back, just like how it was in Holo, with big group of people like family to collab with and be involved in music and concerts again. And last point in your message is precisely why Cover might want to put cease and desist order on her, compared to other people working with same artists Cover did. There is a definite intent to be just like Rushia and it's driven by monetary reasons.

PekoWick

And last point in your message is precisely why Cover might want to put cease and desist order on her, compared to other people working with same artists Cover did. There is a definite intent to be just like Rushia and it's driven by monetary reasons.
Literally almost every vtuber that hire hololive members mama usually do it for marketing and monetary reasons especially after 2020.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I might as well plug this one out because it hilariously fit the moods in the Vchewba community recently

It being covered by the next-in-line to graduate from ex-ids somehow makes it even more fitting

Literally almost every vtuber that hire hololive members mama usually do it for marketing and monetary reasons especially after 2020.
I think mikecat's case ticked people the most due to the uncanny similarities between her new model is when compared to her rushia model (though it could be also the case of samefacing but eh), we know for a fact that people would commission any big-corpo model artists for the initial boost but none of the available VTubers so far had similarities in their model that might mirror anyone in hololive, same case to ex-niji who decided to work with their old model mama again like misumi

edit: model reel from the person in charge of her live2D in case anyone need it

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Both Tenma and Ember seem interested in playing Remnant II together, so I cancelled my refund and am giving it another shot - if I ignore the story, I can just enjoy the gameplay, because that's what drew me into the first game.

Archives are taking too long, and at least one of them has seemed to fail, so in the event these (somehow) get taken down, they are tweets of Tenma discovering you can play Remnant II in co-op, a subsequent tweet inviting Lumi, and another tweet inviting Ember

And bonus Mii-chan:

(she will not play the first game or look up anything about it, intentionally, and you will enjoy her playing the second game)

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
It was never a secret, by the words of the resident Rushia simp she wants everything to go back, just like how it was in Holo, with big group of people like family to collab with and be involved in music and concerts again. And last point in your message is precisely why Cover might want to put cease and desist order on her, compared to other people working with same artists Cover did. There is a definite intent to be just like Rushia and it's driven by monetary reasons.
I think the PR problem would not be worth it but if she doents streams as much as Mike there shouldnt be a problem,she is still cucked in twitcast and Nazuna in Twitch with no VODS,no shorts and no editors unlike Henya who got all of that since the start also no 3D in more than a year, no IDOL things (thats what she wants) and the only reason of why i cared about her:Mama Kagura Nana didnt do her new outfit and instead it was handled to one of her simps
This just means she is going hard in her personal account and we should wait what she does next instead of jumping to conclusions

Limkin

Both Tenma and Ember seem interested in playing Remnant II together, so I cancelled my refund and am giving it another shot - if I ignore the story, I can just enjoy the gameplay, because that's what drew me into the first game.
Remnant had one of the best coops even compared to games as a whole, and THE best in souls-genre. Playing it together with someone is far superior to doing it alone. It's still a fine game but it's clear devs wanted you to do it with a buddie

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Im not going to say a thing until she starts streaming in Youtube again,she literally streams once per month and Nazuna is stil in the FOTM hell, IDK why she is staying if in this stream alone she almost had the same CCV as Ironmouse

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
So how close is this to copyright infringement? For comparison:

View attachment 37129 View attachment 37130

Also if Cover lets this lie, does that set a dangerous precedent in the vtubing world?
Um actually Ms. Michaelcat, "cat Rushia" is my original character and I clearly said "do not steal", if you don't take this down I'll report you to the deviantART administrators!!!

On a serious note though I can't see Cover actually taking legal action over it, her entire situation is fairly unique, and while if they wanted to do something about it to set an example they'd most likely win it'd be sinking resources into a petty lawsuit when it'd be easier to just continue ignoring her. There'd probably be more of a rush to sort it out if she were using this design on her VShojo account, since that being tied with their business model of recruiting known talents would be a more clean-cut case of exploiting Cover's marketing efforts, and there'd likely be more demonstrable damages to make the legal shenanigans worthwhile.

I worry shit like this will lead to Cover tightening up the non-competes and adding other restrictions on 'roommate'-activities for future hires though - one thing I've always appreciated about Hololive is that they seem to be hands-off from whatever the talents get up to outside of the company as long as they're not explicitly linking the identities, but that's the kind of freedom that gets cracked down on when people start taking the piss.

I didn't realise Michiru has a 3D model, it looks like some disturbing uncanny valley shit.

Last edited:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Hime Remi and Erina are engaging in VR chat debauchery !

"I'm ovulating" Erina Makina

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
There's something rather fitting about that name. Hopefully she keeps it

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Hime Remi and Erina are engaging in VR chat debauchery !

"I'm ovulating" Erina Makina

Opened stream to see Rie grabbing at Erina's tits, then them trying to lift their skirts up.

Seems about right.

He looks like he wants God to end his suffering.
After some of the shit we've had to read on the homeland I'd say that makes the name even more fitting.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
That just sounds sad, her craving that bright profitable past and now staring at the uncertain dark future.

Well at the very least Rushia initial design is green hair. And a corpo suing an indie is bad optics, considering Cover is publicly listed now so major shareholder would want to know what the heck are they doing on a timely basis.

It's just not worth it, with their lack of skilled manpower for the studio that they need to address.

I worry shit like this will lead to Cover tightening up the non-competes and adding other restrictions on 'roommate'-activities for future hires though - one thing I've always appreciated about Hololive is that they seem to be hands-off from whatever the talents get up to outside of the company as long as they're not explicitly linking the identities, but that's the kind of freedom that gets cracked down on when people start taking the piss.
I'll always go back to the statement that Hololive put out when the incident happens, it'll be a dickmove in my book if they backtrack this statement.

1690032389873.png

It's a time bomb with a mentally unstable talent that happens to be one of the big cashcow for Hololive, mind you that she came when Hololive is still small.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

ippy

Apropos of nothing... well, not nothing. It was like 12 pages back or so.
Henya rehabilitated vshojo. I mean kson chipped away at the dam. But henya smashed it down. Im currently watching the minecraft colab posted 12 or so pages ago based on the clip of mousey, henya and mel taking a moment.
And all i can think about is this: When nina gets here... i learned about zen (the absolute troll) through henya. I learned about haruka and her oblivious moose trample, through henya. And today i learned that melody is just really chill. Mousey was always cool (to be clear). But i never realised melody was just a bro (with absolutely no filter between her thoughts and her words).

The only disappointment is that nazuna is so isolated. I so want that collab but given the recent mikeneko rebrand (and given she has 5k viewers on her alt account and sits at 1.7k on twitch on nazu)... that jp expansion appears... its not looking great. She knows where her audience is. It aint twitch.

Clip tax:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom