"If your discord is down rn, you can notify me with telepathy or say nuts 3 times in front of a large mirror"Ayunda Risu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I just had the thought, and I may be making this memory up out of nothing, but haven't both of them mentioned being behind on homework recently? It could be as simple as, "You do nothing else until you get this stuff done".

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I'd be curious what 'fuck it' and or menhera attitude people are referencing because he seems about as unhinged as most vtubers to me and nothing all that out of the norm. Unless people here seriously think he's like calling his manager slurs off stream and trying to spear every hololive girl he comes across his content is honestly a bit dull. If I had to complain he just does talking streams and talking streams with gameplay background. If anything he could learn to stand up for himself better since it feels like he's in a rut content wise. I dunno him being late recording vocals for his song? That's the only thing that I guess I could say was a mistake on his part, one he owned up on publicly without any real need to do so. Not like we'd have known otherwise.

They're not graduating, I refuse to have another vtuber I actively enjoy leave.
People have or had deep-seeded issues if they have multiple stories about being stabbed and getting into fights with admitting to being hotheaded in the past. It would be fine if he just had those stories long in the past but him being so willing to start shouting bad enough that he gets suspended is also not a good look in conjunction with those. 99.5% of the time he is fine, don't get me wrong, all that with how arrogant he is does not really come off all that well to me. Also, the times he drank on-stream have really shown that he should not be drinking on-stream. He started making shit uncomfortable later in that Barbie watchalong until Bettel and Bae told him to knock it off, after which he did calm down.

Just my observation and personal opinion. Like I said, he is fine the vast majority of the time and I would think he wouldn't be dumb enough to waste the opportunity he has as Vesper on something fucking stupid. Comparing him to everyone else, though, I find he is the most likely one to yab, from my perspective.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
what we need are older women

hag corp is the future

it will also create a massive amount of controversies due to the nature of its environment, but no cost is to great for hags

Aprimum debut approaches.

:guradumbl:Will somebody spoon feed me what Vesper did previously to get in trouble?:loading:

Around the time he was going to have an XCOM stream is when he was initially suspended. When he returned there's been no word on XCOM at all, he adopted an attitude of just not asking for perms for anything, and also went on to say that he used to have a lot of anger problems and thought he moved past it but clearly didn't. I forget the exact wording used in the suspension notice but it did mention that it was largely over comments and attitude he had behind the scenes. Pretty easy to extrapolate from that the situation was that he blew up at the retard(s) managing permissions and they don't take well to being rightfully called out for not being able to do their fucking jobs.

What I still don't really get about it though is that something in this time seemed like it kind of created a rift in Tempus and definitely felt like it kind of drove a wedge between Altare and Vesper. There was a definite dynamic shift following that and I'm not sure what it could have been, but my rrat is that Vesper actually did throw slurs and Altare took it personally because he's a soft bitch with a worm for a spine.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
People have or had deep-seeded issues if they have multiple stories about being stabbed and getting into fights with admitting to being hotheaded in the past. It would be fine if he just had those stories long in the past but him being so willing to start shouting bad enough that he gets suspended is also not a good look in conjunction with those. 99.5% of the time he is fine, don't get me wrong, all that with how arrogant he is does not really come off all that well to me. Also, the times he drank on-stream have really shown that he should not be drinking on-stream. He started making shit uncomfortable later in that Barbie watchalong until Bettel and Bae told him to knock it off, after which he did calm down.

Just my observation and personal opinion. Like I said, he is fine the vast majority of the time and I would think he wouldn't be dumb enough to waste the opportunity he has as Vesper on something fucking stupid. Comparing him to everyone else, though, I find he is the most likely one to yab, from my perspective.
Tbh even in some of the worst case scenario he will probably still be fine. It’s a massive blow but he would still have his brand.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

TwoBit

Early Adopter
He started making shit uncomfortable later in that Barbie watchalong until Bettel and Bae told him to knock it off, after which he did calm down.
Wait, what happened during that watchalong? What did Vesper say?

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I mean, if you want my non-shitpost opinion, I think whatever is going on is unrelated to Cover. It is just hard to be overly-optimistic about these kinds of things given everything that has happened in this industry.
Those damn Nijiniggas intentionally tanked their branch this year to put the fear of God into the rest of EN vtubing fans that every "vacation" is a stealth suspension and every suspension leads to termination within a month of the announcement. I always knew it was Nijisanji that would bring the end of vtubing! :smugselen:

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer

Awkward collab moments and talking about his past and it being fucked up to some extent or another is like half of hololive. The mori coco meme review comes to mind.
I just don't think he's done anything in public that would warrant his status as rogue out of control old man seeking to cause havoc. I think perhaps the idea of meme vesper and real vesper has blurred the lines. Alternatively he's actually out to crash the holostars plane with no survivors because he's actually a big unicorn.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Pretty easy to extrapolate from that the situation was that he blew up at the retard(s) managing permissions and they don't take well to being rightfully called out for not being able to do their fucking jobs.
I honestly don't agree with this. It took like a year and a half for perms to come for Mumei to play Civ but some games don't take that long to get. Take-Two and 2K are pretty retarded as far as video game publishers go. It seems more likely they were ghosted on perms for a long-ass time. Some companies will give blanket perms, as well, while some have super-specific terms that can apply at as small a micro-level as governing perms for specific talents under specific circumstances like having to request permissions to play for EVERY stream. It is, no doubt, a large part because Capcom shit all over them and Youtube's bullshit DMCA system.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
New kronii schedule.
F1WRAYHaMAASGTw.jpg

room is up for kaela kronii kollab.

Last edited:

AmpleChip

What I still don't really get about it though is that something in this time seemed like it kind of created a rift in Tempus and definitely felt like it kind of drove a wedge between Altare and Vesper. There was a definite dynamic shift following that and I'm not sure what it could have been, but my rrat is that Vesper actually did throw slurs and Altare took it personally because he's a soft bitch with a worm for a spine.
The relationship shift with altare was so blatant that it couldn't be called a rrat anymore. It took a long time before they started interacting properly again. We will never know the truth unless one of you fucks gets into holostars

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I honestly don't agree with this. It took like a year and a half for perms to come for Mumei to play Civ but some games don't take that long to get. Take-Two and 2K are pretty retarded as far as video game publishers go. It seems more likely they were ghosted on perms for a long-ass time. Some companies will give blanket perms, as well, while some have super-specific terms that can apply at as small a micro-level as governing perms for specific talents under specific circumstances like having to request permissions to play for EVERY stream. It is, no doubt, a large part because Capcom shit all over them and Youtube's bullshit DMCA system.

Well, question is then, is Vesper with all his autism enough of a freeballer to put a game on his schedule knowing he doesn't have perms yet and just hoping they magically come through in time, or did whoever in management miscommunicate the actual situation and lead Vesper to think he had the clear to go when he didn't?

The relationship shift with altare was so blatant that it couldn't be called a rrat anymore. It took a long time before they started interacting properly again. We will never know the truth unless one of you fucks gets into holostars

The rrat is the contents particular of Vesper's commentary, the divide is definitely obvious, and unless Vesper blew up at Altare for some reason and that was what the suspension actually was, I can only presume that Vesper said something in the course of his detonation that made Altare mad. Ves seems like the kind of guy that'd call someone a fa‎ggot, and Altare seems like the kind of fa‎ggot that'd be bent out of shape by that.

I'm trying, alright? I want to have a year under my belt as a creator before I go seriously slinging applications again.

Horo7618

No one in particular
The relationship shift with altare was so blatant that it couldn't be called a rrat anymore. It took a long time before they started interacting properly again.
Wouldn't that make it more likely that he blew up at Altare than some random perms manager?

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Boat live.

3-month's in the game of Vtubing as of next Friday.
- Multiple projects in the works
- Memberships?
- By the end of August there will some stream time weirdness "adjustment phase" since she has to "start commuting again."

That was the first 5 minutes before she started playing.

Horo7618

No one in particular
So this was a lie, Ina's back in NA
1689714902761.png

VTuberBobDole

I'd be curious what 'fuck it' and or menhera attitude people are referencing because he seems about as unhinged as most vtubers to me and nothing all that out of the norm. Unless people here seriously think he's like calling his manager slurs off stream and trying to spear every hololive girl he comes across his content is honestly a bit dull. If I had to complain he just does talking streams and talking streams with gameplay background. If anything he could learn to stand up for himself better since it feels like he's in a rut content wise. I dunno him being late recording vocals for his song? That's the only thing that I guess I could say was a mistake on his part, one he owned up on publicly without any real need to do so. Not like we'd have known otherwise.

He's always exuded the "ask for forgiveness after, not permission before" kind of attitude. That and only following the rules he agrees with (spoken or unspoken). That is the "fuck it" vibe I got from him based on his past stories and some of his more recent actions. Also as someone else put it, he comes off as arrogant about everything too. Plays well for a western (especially US) audience who enjoy that kind of stuff, but I'm sure that kind of crap really has to rub his JP bosses the wrong way.

Pretty easy to extrapolate from that the situation was that he blew up at the retard(s) managing permissions and they don't take well to being rightfully called out for not being able to do their fucking jobs.

What was your expectation? He probably wanted perms for something, the perms manager asked, game company said "no", and so they told him "sorry not happening". That's much more believable to me than they can't do "their fucking jobs". And somehow that gives him the right to sperg out and go off the handle at someone(s) in a business environment? Nope, that's not how that works at all in the real world.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
What was your expectation? He probably wanted perms for something, the perms manager asked, game company said "no", and so they told him "sorry not happening". That's much more believable to me than they can't do "their fucking jobs".
I disagree, I don't see how he would get angry just for being told no, so then you have to think of a reason why he would get angry from permissions, and so we have the rrat that some kind of miscommunication happened, that likely was the fault of the perms manager.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Wait, what happened during that watchalong? What did Vesper say?
He downed half a pack of beer in like an hour and was getting noticeably more unhinged to the point where he was worrying even Bettel. He brought up a video of an owl eating a lizard he apparently "watched hundreds of times because it was the funniest shit ever", which is just fucking weird to say. After that they were just like "bro, you had enough" because of how awkward it was. Credit to him, he listened and was fine after being talked down, he just should have paced himself better.

The whole Japan trip was probably a bad idea, in general. It is probably an issue if he can't travel to Japan for extended periods of time due to his meds potentially being illegal. (did he confirm they were or just assumed they were?) That is more Cover's fault, though, imo. They need to come up with a better plan for him if that's the case, rather than ship him over and hope all goes well.

I disagree, I don't see how he would get angry just for being told no, so then you have to think of a reason why he would get angry from permissions, and so we have the rrat that some kind of miscommunication happened, that likely was the fault of the perms manager.
Well, question is then, is Vesper with all his autism enough of a freeballer to put a game on his schedule knowing he doesn't have perms yet and just hoping they magically come through in time, or did whoever in management miscommunicate the actual situation and lead Vesper to think he had the clear to go when he didn't?
Because Vesper is, undeniably, the most arrogant person in Stars when he thinks he is right about something.

Last edited:

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband

For better or for worse the suspension definitely will affect others perceptions of him. Besides that, his stories and his general streaming attitude isn’t really anymore unhinged than the others IMO, it’s basically just a meme. He is at best a bit eccentric. Maybe that hurricane story he had could seem a bit reckless, but it isn’t like other Holos don’t have their own moments. For example, didn’t Kronii mention almost getting into an actual physical fight?

Outside of stories, many of the holos have had their moments that could make them look weird. I mean look at Irys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom