"Do not say slurs! No swastika campfires, either!"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The word on the grapevine was that older people and men were suppose to be the more reliable safer choice.

Now we are having a debate about the possibility that Cover will fire two older men.

You genuinely can't predict where this medium will go

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
The word on the grapevine was that older people and men were suppose to be the more reliable safer choice.

Now we are having a debate about the possibility that Cover will fire two older men.

You genuinely can't predict where this medium will go
what we need are older women

hag corp is the future

it will also create a massive amount of controversies due to the nature of its environment, but no cost is to great for hags

VTuberBobDole

I was already 10-20 pages behind, then I went away for a week vacation and had like 100 pages to catch up on. Starting to remember why I took a break from checking here regularly... But since I took the time to catch up for now, might as well reply to a few things (tried to par it down a lot, as after ~100 pages I had WAY too many things quoted).

You might have to budge just a bit on a few of those criteria...I'm not sure if there even is a Vtuber that doesn't deal with some form of mental issues at one point or another. It's like a requirement to be a Vtuber or something...the job does attract the menhera sort, most of the time. And the lewd ones are usually just that: off-kilter nuts and ready to talk about sex until Doomsday.

Odd this came up as I had been thinking about it the past couple weeks, but really to be a vtuber, especially a popular/corpo one, you pretty much have to be VERY strong-willed or a menhara. Unfortunately I think most times it turns out to be the latter. You have to deal with antis, unicorns, degenerates, and chat spamming shitty memes at you until the end of time. Parasocial unicorns that are one step away from becoming stalkers. Antis that may or may not even have a reason to hate you. Nothing you can even do to appease some of them as they just want to fuck with things for the lulz. Degens constantly making sexual jokes/memes/advances at you. Even though it isn't the real "you", they draw R18 fanart of you[r avatar] getting railed or worse, more depraved things. One slip of the tongue or mistype away from getting "canceled" by twitards. So on and so forth. And you have to smile and thank them for it, laugh along at being made fun of, pretend to enjoy being constantly sexually harrassed, etc., so they keep giving you money. Honestly I'm not sure someone with a "normal" constitution could handle it. It takes a menhara who truly enjoys the attention and revels in it (maybe even gets off on it).

Kiara live with GTA4. It's been pretty damn wild so far lol. She just did a bit in the strip club and spent a good amount of time staring at the assets. Curious if YT bonks the VoD later.

Also: "The other day, I realized from a certain angle, my butt looks like boobs. Butts are very versatile."

I mean, isn't that the whole theory about how boobs evolved to be basically be "front butts" when we became bipedal and stood up, etc etc.? Or is that no longer the current theory on why humans are the only mammals with full-time prominent boobs? (Or at least one of the few, though I can't think of any others off the top of my head.)

Remember to sub to their Youtube channel (22 subs when I posted this). They posted a "teaser" which is basically that same logo.

Who are they? Is this those tour guide girls who were originally from a game or wherever? They are the only twin vtubers I can think of.

I actually found some gold in /vt/

And it was literally just a reddit screenshot

View attachment 36261

The shithole trifecta! A reddit screenshot, of a twitter screenshot, posted in /vt/. (And then posted here just for good measure and to really put the icing on the cake!)

I just hope they don't go too much harder. Last year seemed to be more psycologically stressful for the members, while this year they are just slamming concert after concert with no real downtime. It is one thing for the girls in Japan and someone insane, like Calli, but the constant long flights seem to be wearing on Kiara. She, Ina, and Gura seem to be going to Japan a lot. I think this week will be her third time in Japan this year. I think Gura and Ina are on their third time, as well. Not sure about Ame, I think it has just been two times for her.

From some of their stories about going through customs and such, it sounds like they are still telling agents that they are there on vacation/personal trips. How long can they keep getting away with that before JP and US IRS start kicking down doors to collect? I can't think they'll be able to get away with this many trips and spending that long in JP without raising some red flags soon, unless they start admitting they are actually business trips.

Man, I'd call you a footfag but my oshi is patient fucking zero.

See above, but I tend to think that is just chuubas playing along with chat to keep them engaged and donating. Play along, play the part. The only one I really see bring up F E E T (and run into the ground, as is tradition), for example, is always chat. Then Gura just goes along with it because it is "the joke" and $$$.

If vesper got shitcanned he must've gone final solution on his manager or something. After his suspension he cucked out for the most part and he seemed to be doing ok. If he lost his meds and went psycho it would be really funny and sad.

I initially liked Vesper, my fav of tempus at debut, but he quickly grew to grate on me. His "fuck it" attitude got annoying after a while and got him in trouble multiple times, eventually including suspension. Bad enough as is, in my opinion, but that crap really isn't going to fly in the corpo world, and even moreso a JP corpo. Making mistakes isn't really the problem, but not learning from them is what annoys me the most about him. Also when it starts unwantedly affecting the others, even if due to shitty antis/unicorns and such, he should know better and it isn't a good look. Initially it seemed like that suspension woke him up a bit, but it felt like he started to slide back into his old shenanigans, so he was the frontrunner on my sheet to graduate from the EN Stars.

Didn't keep up with Magni too much, has he been trudging along the same line? Have they stuck together and become big enough homies that they'd jump and graduate together too? Interesting to see how this plays out, I don't have a whole lot invested anymore with tempus other than the drama, though I'd hope it doesn't have any ripple effects on the rest of holo if they do leave. I guess they survived Coco and Rushia leaving, so they would move on and be fine most likely.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Pochi barely did any degen stuff anyways but good on her for putting her foot down.
...wasn't this the chick who mailed out worn socks to donothon contributors?

Cover had no problem announcing when Vesper was suspended the first time. I fail to see why they would reverse that decision in the most recent announcement. I don’t really understand why people actively enjoy getting caught up in retarded speculation so much.
Making an announcement once doesn't mean they'll always make an announcement, PR roles in big companies can change hands fairly regularly and their approach to handling certain situations can change over time. It's also worth considering some suspensions require more investigation than others - last time it was a simple situation where Takeshi fucked up the perms so Vesper called him a retarded squinty and got all the girls pregnant in retaliation; if a more complex incident occurs they might want to hold off on announcing a suspension until they've confirmed everything.

The speculation's just inevitable really, when you're given parts of a story but there's pieces missing it's human nature to mentally fill in the blanks. You've just got to be prepared to be let down when it's something boring like them having tech issues.

what we need are older women

hag corp is the future

it will also create a massive amount of controversies due to the nature of its environment, but no cost is to great for hags
Even this is a risk long-term. The current lineup of "hags" in their early to mid 30s might be harmless, but they'll keep getting older and older until they're menopausal and acting irritable with everyone and everything, or they get divorced irl and slide into the DMs of a male coworker young enough to be their son.

Anyone willing to be a public entertainer full-time's going to be at least a bit special one way or another.

Didn't keep up with Magni too much, has he been trudging along the same line? Have they stuck together and become big enough homies that they'd jump and graduate together too? Interesting to see how this plays out, I don't have a whole lot invested anymore with tempus other than the drama, though I'd hope it doesn't have any ripple effects on the rest of holo if they do leave. I guess they survived Coco and Rushia leaving, so they would move on and be fine most likely.
I got the feeling from their off-collab a while ago that Vesper and Magni are really close. If Vesper were in trouble I'd imagine Magni would go to bat for him, which is why the announcement tweet being about both of them makes it feel like a bigger deal than if it were just one or the other.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Even this is a risk long-term. The current lineup of "hags" in their early to mid 30s might be harmless, but they'll keep getting older and older until they're menopausal and acting irritable with everyone and everything, or they get divorced irl and slide into the DMs of a male coworker young enough to be their son.

counterpoint:

I would argue that's exactly the sort of appeal I'm going for

invest in hag corp today

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I initially liked Vesper, my fav of tempus at debut, but he quickly grew to grate on me. His "fuck it" attitude got annoying after a while and got him in trouble multiple times, eventually including suspension. Bad enough as is, in my opinion, but that crap really isn't going to fly in the corpo world, and even moreso a JP corpo. Making mistakes isn't really the problem, but not learning from them is what annoys me the most about him. Also when it starts unwantedly affecting the others, even if due to shitty antis/unicorns and such, he should know better and it isn't a good look. Initially it seemed like that suspension woke him up a bit, but it felt like he started to slide back into his old shenanigans, so he was the frontrunner on my sheet to graduate from the EN Stars.
This is something so true that even Stars JP suffer from the same thing

AmpleChip

Keeping magves "on hold" while Cover investigates their activity is the most likely situation ihmo, it's not really a suspension in the traditional sense which is why they didn't announce it as one. The suspension or firing comes after the investigation if they find anything worth doing it for, and I expect either announcement to be tweeted out by Cover any day now. If they instead come back like nothing happened, then Cover's sniffers found nothing.

My personal rrat is that one or both of them were using their corporate twitter/discord/email in an overly personal manner which tripped some flags at HQ due to the risk of information leaking.

My second choice is security related. Magni was visiting that anime weeb con right before the two were supposed to collab, so there's the possibility of a stalker. But I think the chances of this are much lower than the above.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
:guradumbl:Will somebody spoon feed me what Vesper did previously to get in trouble?:loading:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
:guradumbl:Will somebody spoon feed me what Vesper did previously to get in trouble?:loading:
Apparently blew up at a manager after getting screwed over permissions on streams they OK'd three times in a row.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
...wasn't this the chick who mailed out worn socks to donothon contributors?
Hey I did say barely :botanshrug:

I'm willing to give that a pass though cause it was very out of left field from her usual content.

AmpleChip

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Did he ever specify his rage was perms related?
Not directly, but it's pretty safe to assume because he's been permission buck broken and just not asking for them ever since.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Didn't see anyone else post this yet.

Another banger parody I was NOT expecting the Niji jab through the 2% merch shit and the rest was generic yet true stuff about the dark side of content creation

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Apparently blew up at a manager after getting screwed over permissions on streams they OK'd three times in a row.
Oh yeah, that's so stupid I didn't even believe it at the time. What is a talent manager if not a fucking tampon/punching bag for the talent? Is the manager going to stream and get donations to make the company money while Vesper was punished? Seppuku Manager, it's the only way to restore honor for loosing money. Japanese business men need to be managed out of the gene pool.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
At this point, I am inclined to assume it was a suspension. It reminds me more of a less-public Rushia situation than Vesper's suspension back in November. Vesper had those account issues that couldn't be fixed earlier in the week before he and Magni went AWOL. Starting to think that when Cover fixed it, they found some shit he and Magni were doing that they shouldn't have been, ala Rushia. The only solace is that Tempus outwardly is not stopping activity after the Vanguard vagueposting. When Vesper was suspended, they all cancelled their streams.

Honestly, Vesper yabai-ing out of the job isn't surprising to me in the least. Dude is seriously unhinged, especially going by stories from his younger years.

This is definitely a huge difference. Vesper is totally quiet on his roommate, which is good if they are in trouble. Magni's roommate is also laying low and not tweeting anything unhinged.

What's your take on someone from VTA possibly going EN rather than JP? Not sure how the average JP liver does compared to EN?

Edit: Also, one other thing. Calli and Kronii's lack of reaction. They were definitely the closest to them of all the girls.
Did Kronii react at all the last time vesper was suspended though? I can’t recall she did anything that would suggest that she was acting off of that.

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
I'd be curious what 'fuck it' and or menhera attitude people are referencing because he seems about as unhinged as most vtubers to me and nothing all that out of the norm. Unless people here seriously think he's like calling his manager slurs off stream and trying to spear every hololive girl he comes across his content is honestly a bit dull. If I had to complain he just does talking streams and talking streams with gameplay background. If anything he could learn to stand up for himself better since it feels like he's in a rut content wise. I dunno him being late recording vocals for his song? That's the only thing that I guess I could say was a mistake on his part, one he owned up on publicly without any real need to do so. Not like we'd have known otherwise.

They're not graduating, I refuse to have another vtuber I actively enjoy leave.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The V&U robot/memory card seems to be a tsundere art/3D animation/ASMR streamer.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Did Kronii react at all the last time vesper was suspended though? I can’t recall she did anything that would suggest that she was acting off of that.
No, but he also deserved to be suspended then and it was known to only be a suspension. If this is a suspended while investigating, no one knows what will happen.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I'd be curious what 'fuck it' and or menhera attitude people are referencing because he seems about as unhinged as most vtubers to me and nothing all that out of the norm. Unless people here seriously think he's like calling his manager slurs off stream and trying to spear every hololive girl he comes across his content is honestly a bit dull. If I had to complain he just does talking streams and talking streams with gameplay background. If anything he could learn to stand up for himself better since it feels like he's in a rut content wise. I dunno him being late recording vocals for his song? That's the only thing that I guess I could say was a mistake on his part, one he owned up on publicly without any real need to do so. Not like we'd have known otherwise.

They're not graduating, I refuse to have another vtuber I actively enjoy leave.
The only other thing I can think of is him going to Japan without meds and being unable to make it for the 6 month anniversary. Which was about six months ago, and nobody seems to be mad about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom