"Meanwhile Shiina is already onboard the 'feet at 100k' train. I forgot how based she was."The Proctor

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
She is not a child or an incredibly autistic person with a guardian. She is a public entertainer who signed up for this job of her own accord. And interacting with the said public is in her job description. If she has such incredible social anxiety that one message a week is too much she shouldn't have applied for this position.
At the end of the day, Cover decides what goes and what doesn't. Not you, not me, not the community. And right now, they seem to be content with using her as a mascot who occasionally streams. Personally, I don't like it, but I don't exactly have ultimate power here.

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Nina Kosaka's graduation stream live in 5 minutes. So far as I know we're not expecting anyone non-Niji but we'll see how long it runs on.

Vhoeshow is unlikely since it's just nepotism hires and as far as I know she doesn't have an in there.
Nina & Mouse are pretty close behind the scenes. To the degree that Mouse has several Nina references in her backgrounds and Lore vids, she's been on her show, and they've collabed a bunch both officially and just showing up in each others voice chat. So there's definitely a possible Vshojo in for Nina if that's her intent.

Jealous

Lurker

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Nina & Mouse are pretty close behind the scenes. To the degree that Mouse has several Nina references in her backgrounds and Lore vids, she's been on her show, and they've collabed a bunch both officially and just showing up in each others voice chat. So there's definitely a possible Vshojo in for Nina if that's her intent.
If she does, the biggest shame will be the loss of her model. VS models, while normally rigged well, don't have all that interesting base designs, especially compared to Nina's. I hope she returns in some form, as long as her content doesn't change. Henyamee's the best-case scenario for a reincarnation, and I hope that's what we see with Nina.

Tired Taxpayer

This KAngel stream is a lot different than what I was expecting, the 3D model looks nice though, gives me a PS1~PS2 feel.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
As much as i dont care/even dislike alot of aspects of VSJ, it does seem like a decent fit for her, bringing some boomer energy to the company would be fun

Too bad that would force people to tolerate collabs with froot

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
This KAngel stream is a lot different than what I was expecting, the 3D model looks nice though, gives me a PS1~PS2 feel.
Yeah, she's been making a lot of short-form content using the chibi-3D model on her twitter since the game release, I've always debated whether or not to post her content because...well, it's an incredibly grey area where she's very much a game character turned actual VTuber, and it's the studio behind the game jumping on the popularity, but you know what? Have at it.

Twitter account: https://twitter.com/x_angelkawaii_x

ippy

Im gonna miss Nina. I only got into Niji since team snakebite, but Ethyria collabs were some of my favourites. Going down the niji rabbit hole and having three years of stuff to binge has been awesome! Nina was always a formidable extrovert. Hell, even the last zatsu stream proved that as soon as she goes pee, no matter how many other people are there, they all descend into making random sounds instead of talking. Its odd she has any kind of imposter syndrome given she has such an obvious niche talent (in a medium famous for its introverts). The next ethyria collab is gonna be heavy.

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker
Yeah, she's been making a lot of short-form content using the chibi-3D model on her twitter since the game release, I've always debated whether or not to post her content because...well, it's an incredibly grey area where she's very much a game character turned actual VTuber, and it's the studio behind the game jumping on the popularity, but you know what? Have at it.

Is there some new game coming out? They have some screenshots from some VN I think on the Twitter. Also, it's really funny that their current stream is having some scuff with swapping the guests videos, just like a real vtuber!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT THEY GOT ZUN ON THE STREAM
Edit 2: It was a short video message from him still pretty cool

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Just FYI, going by the description, some part of the stream is being done with this TTS software, specifically with the Zundamon voice (green-haired character on the page):

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Is there some new game coming out? They have some screenshots from some VN I think on the Twitter. Also, it's really funny that their current stream is having some scuff with swapping the guests videos, just like a real vtuber!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT THEY GOT ZUN ON THE STREAM
Edit 2: It was a short video message from him still pretty cool

Not just any visual novel, mind you, but THE menhera girl grooming sim of 2022 that every VTuber identifies with on a primal level:

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker
Not just any visual novel, mind you, but THE menhera girl grooming sim of 2022 that every VTuber identifies with on a primal level:

Looks like we know what the eventual FOTM is. At least it'll be a good game considering the quality of the first one. Also how many connections do the people behind this have, they managed to pull the actual VA for Lain and get her to voice the character to "give" message to KAngel.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Looks like we know what the eventual FOTM is. At least it'll be a good game considering the quality of the first one. Also how many connections do the people behind this have, they managed to pull the actual VA for Lain and get her to voice the character to "give" message to KAngel.
Not only was it FOTM, but it was FOTM a year ago around this very time - hence the "one year anniversary" stream. It's a good game, one of my personal favorites, so I am 100% biased in that regard. Have some streams, courtesy of the sheer popularity of the game that eclipsed even the studio's 2hu games:

And so on. Do you know a VTuber? They probably played the game, and they're probably all-in on whatever else will come from this now-IP.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
VS is the Manchester City of vtubing.They dont homegrown shit but have money to give sweet contracts to everyone (maybe there is where the millions are going)

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Subaru's starting Re:Zero in about 5 minutes.

This has been a long time coming if you remember that she had multiple cases of mistaken identity a few years ago.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
You know, even with all the statements about how short Gura is, I still have doubts that she's THAT short. Seeing that their models were created beforehand, I have trouble believing that they not only manage to recruit someone who perfectly fits the model personality-wise but also physically, and that's implying that they take their physical size into account when filtering their candidates.

I just thought that maybe she is short for an American girl, which would have make her average among Japanese girls.
not that hard to resize a model guy.
I suppose they can resize models if they need to, but if it was easy you'd think they'd stop Ina from motorboating her senpais.

Nikki: "There's nothing unseiso about sticking pork into someone's ass"
Maybe that's not unseiso, but that cannot be kosher.

if I had a doordash giftcard for every time I had to say that archive doesn't work for me - in the sense that I can't even get the archiving websites themselves to load on this connection - I would be able to feed Ember and Mozzu for a year

but if quick and dirty mspaint image saves are what's needed, then that is what I will do
IIRC archive.today used to throw tantrums when accessed through Brave on clearnet, or through Tor or some VPNs. I suspect something like that, and/or your DNS settings.

Damn, she's multilingual.

View attachment 34671
Her english is very fluent, better than Bondage at least. I'll definitely check on her streams.

Don't know how VTA works but it would be nice if she become the first VTA graduate to join NijiEN. The EN branch really needs a redhead.
Interesting. Some time ago I speculated that Coco and Oliver would be the last of a kind; that is, now that the big two have EN branches, most JP residents who can speak fluent English who are aiming for a corpo would probably aim for an EN spot. (There are exceptions, like Maru Nanamona, Sony's sheep.) With this combination of languages, if Filia had any kind of content creation history her roommate would have been found within hours. Being in VTA suggests that she doesn't.

Since VTA alumni are not obligated to join Niji at all, I don't see a reason they'd say NijiJP or bust. Still, it would be a first.

I mean, isn't that how the GGN girls started? I hope KAngel's roommate gets treated better than they did though.

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Im gonna miss Nina. I only got into Niji since team snakebite, but Ethyria collabs were some of my favourites. Going down the niji rabbit hole and having three years of stuff to binge has been awesome! Nina was always a formidable extrovert. Hell, even the last zatsu stream proved that as soon as she goes pee, no matter how many other people are there, they all descend into making random sounds instead of talking. Its odd she has any kind of imposter syndrome given she has such an obvious niche talent (in a medium famous for its introverts). The next ethyria collab is gonna be heavy.
There's something about extroverts like Kiara or Nina often underperforming relative to their genmates, yet nothing gets done without them. Flare and Lui also belong in this category.

Doesn't apply to every extrovert who gets shit done (Suisei and Marine exist, after all), but it's noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom