Status
Not open for further replies.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Bild_2023-06-11_132509579.png

Ollie leaks
seems like ID2 3D isnt far off, also Ollie is in Japan rn
Moona said that she is going to Japan soon
But I havent heard about any travel plans from the Reine or Anya, anyone who watches them fill in maybe?

Here's the thing, are all of them fine with being part of an official group? Kiara and Lui seems to be up for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is too much pressure for someone like Mumei, and that's not even taking into consideration her chronic cough which might gets in the way of them doing stuff together.
Ofc we cant fully know, but Kiara has asked of Mumeis approval during collabs to have a more solid pitch for management if all the girls are also on board, and yeah, Mumei was very much up for it.
Also Mumei did join Hololive to be able to hang out with girls that wont find her weird, and I am sure that she would love to be part of more groupings.
Her health is very much a risk factor, but I dont think Mumei lacks the will to participate and do her idol reps.
What support does an official unit get? Media like the Umisea videos and songs? Merch? Concerts? I'd be happy to see Holotori get projects like Bakatare's concert and Shiraken's animated manga thing, but I don't know who paid for the Bakatare and Shiraken projects. It's quite possible those groups used their own money. And what activities are expected of an official unit? Aside from Mumei's health problems, Holotori being split across four countries makes them more difficult to coordinate compared to Bakatare and Shiraken (the two groups I can think of that made an organic transition from "game together" to "multimedia together"). This makes it difficult to get eyes on them as a unit. As it is, not even Turducken have something like a cover, never mind all five or a more ambitious project. If anything, appearing in Lui's birthday live is proof-of-concept that they can coordinate to do idol projects. Looking forward to it.
You are correct for the most part, Holotori doesnt have to be an official group to be fun or work and yes, I totally agree that they do need to do much more together than just what they have done so far. As you pointed out, them being an international and cross-branch group is on one thing an appeal but also it does make it very difficult to hang out as a group together and build the kind of synergy that Shiraken has. But, I am sure if they were really willed, its totally possible to do collabs in a at least bi-monthly schedule.

And yes, an official group does get extra money for songs and merch and promotion. Just think that it would be neat if Hololive cultivated a culture of official sub-units more and in a more active way. Something like a Holotori original paid for by the company would be nice.
Something else that would be facilitated are the Holotori collabs, if those were management-mandated. Then even the most busy girls like Subaru or Lui would have to make room in their schedule for Holotori. If stuff isn't management forced, I feel like sometimes they then just never get done.
Also, in the end, I am aware that management led Holotori probably isnt even half as fun as when the girls would just get together and do everything on their own: Just like Umisea, management will probably order a garbage original song with dumb lyrics like poggers ocean, exclude the overseas members from actual promotions and merch so that Holotori suddenly just becomes Lui and Subaru and shoehorn any new bird-themed member into the unit (like they did with Chloe).
But, in the end, I remain optimistic and just some recgognition from management would be nice probably also feel really rewarding for the girls themselves.

But for now, I am really happy that Lui got them all togehter for 2 banger performances

The guy who basically decided that because Reine and Kiara went on a trip together, it's good enough excuse to draw them fucking.
I fail to see the issue here:ponrys:

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
I am absolutely fuming because this Dizzy is an absolute gem and she says she's gonna keep doing her character on regular streams and that this out of character streams are gonna be sporadic.
Honestly I didn't really notice a difference between the two.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
r/hololive is probs still up because it's owned by Cover and delving into website political squabbling would be a conflict of interest. Better to stay neutral on the topic.
Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that sort of thing used to be against Reddit's TOS, because a company owning a fan subreddit dedicated to their products was considered a conflict of interest in itself. Just another way the current admins piss on the intentions of what Reddit's founders wanted and what that site used to be.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
:holohag: :hololove:
Clio live. The realization of her potentially losing her teaching job is setting in and she doesn't know what to do if she does lose it.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

These people would literally try and oppose the holocaust with threats of aggressive foot-stomping and coordinated grumbling for one week.

Protests without armed insurgency just don't hit the same.

Clio live. The realization of her potentially losing her teaching job is setting in and she doesn't know what to do if she does lose it.

Why is this?

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Apparently there is going to be a free bar sponsored by Phase at Offkai

FyYwX5XaMAIGOe6.jpg
These drink names are just perfect.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

yeah me

dirty grey in chat
I see Sakana's starting to feel the heat of everyone asking where their fucking coffee is.
fishbetterhavemycoffee.png

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
1686537425035.png

Nijisanji banned from drinking or talking about this

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Oh speaking of Rie, she's on break this week.

Archive

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Honestly I didn't really notice a difference between the two.
you can tell she plays up the lovey dovey demeanor on her regular streams, she also forces the cutesy tone in her voice. She's also a shitposter but really supress is it and her saying she considers GFE being top vtubing is just confirmation that she plays up the needy gf trope. One thing that worries me is that she do seems to hate kids because that "EVERY SINGLE TIME" she blurted out after she went to tell her nephews to cool it felt very real. I think one of these days she's gonna hot mic and we're gonna hear her going off on her nephews.

God's Strongest Dragoon

He really can't stop himself
1686537568748.png

So literal Jello shots for Jelly
1686537604197.png

Some of these fucking names
1686537664341.png
1686537682160.png

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Oh speaking of Rie, she's on break this week.

Archive

Shiina didn't get the memo as she just raided right before the current waiting room went private. Whoops

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

yeah me

dirty grey in chat
God damn look at all the ingredients going into Lia's. 5 different kinds of alcohol. Definitely the perfect cocktail to mix with your antidepressants.
lia.png

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Indie chuuba playing Resident Evil 6 solo.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

yeah me

dirty grey in chat
Since Phase Connect lurks this thread, stream idea - make these cocktails, try them on-stream and rate them.
Pippa's gonna say they taste like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom