"But is the bonking... is 'bonking' another word for the deed? It's British slang? Oh fucking hell mate, I was on your side, UK. I supported your English a lot, you know, and then you do this to me"Takanashi Kiara

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
Attention!
Important Dinotuber Update!
Rimuu_and_Medusaceratops_by_rimuurin.jpg
Rimuu, the artist behind John Deere vtuber Haruka Karibu's model, will be debuting on Twitch in about half an hour. I previously speculated that her model was just meant to function as a living portfolio to show her art and rigging skills to potential clients but it does appear that she is becoming a full fledged vtuber.

Moryu Gao, one of the first Dinotubers I covered last year, had her last official stream last week. She will continue her vtuber activities but will focus more on her artwork and song covers, only streaming a couple of times a year rather than a couple of times a week as she used to. Warning, her voice is almost Shondo tier.

Trexie Saurus, whose model I teased a couple of posts ago, is currently at 93 subs and will do a karaoke celebration stream once she hits 150. Last night she was streaming to 4 people, a quarter of which was me. I'm not saying she's the next prospectve Hololive talent but I think she deserves a little bit more than that. If you enjoy the kind of quirky old games that Ami would play and listening to wierd stories and fangirling over Don Bluth come check her out.

Mizuno Kanbase, the Triceratops girl whose design I gushed over last year, released a co-op song (not sure if it's a cover) with one of her ex genmates in January, despite the fact that she graduated last August. I don't think I've heard of a vtuber releasing a song as their retired character so long after graduation. I'm mostly putting this one here to remind myself when I do the catch up post in November.

Some other Dinotubers are debuting soon but I have less information on them. I will be saving my endorsement for after I have fully appraised them so as to not flashbang you all like I did at the beginning of the month.

Edit: A little side note that no one but me will care about. I called the dinosaur in Rimuu's art a Medusaceratops but it could be a Xenoceratops. They are very similar dinosaurs and it's not clear from the art which one it is meant to be. Also, she is selling dakis after her first stream and there are three different versions as well.

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Maglord schooling people on faggotry.

This fucking guy..
Untitled.png

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Nux got a strike on an old deleted video wtf?
Also Twitter is on him again for the one piece Yamato trans argument
Edit: to clarify
>Editor uploads vid to test copyright bot
>No strike
> Ok cool delete vid
> Sometime later deleted vid gets struck
> Can't find out why it was struck or appeal cause deleted

Last edited:

kestraline

Early Adopter

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Looks like Bao chose a shady studio. Couple vtubers replied have had similar issues.
1684965994787.png

1684966011087.png

1684966027815.png

1684966039065.png

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Ensok

Early Adopter

kestraline

Early Adopter
Kind of surprised something like that would happen to Vienna, or that she'd be on the hook for it, considering the company she's attached to. Unless she's not part of C9 anymore?
Vienna left / got booted out of C9 months ago.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Wait, so Haachama does not like the peppeloni? I feel like I've been lied to all my life. :shiinastare:
Nux got a strike on an old deleted video wtf?
Also Twitter is on him again for the one piece Yamato trans argument

... but Yamato is a woman.
> looks up wiki

> hurr durr jap autism means shes an Autobot

... I hate humanity.

Ensok

Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
35 grand for a MV
excuse the fuck me
thats CHEAP using a Vtuber as an example AmeLee's Music videos (specifically the ones before she went full vtuber) were maybe in the ballpark of maybe 500ish per vid because they were mostly png's and backrounds with small amonts of animation.

I assume what Bao was paying for was a full animated movie maybe about 4-8 minutes long with actual frame by frame animation (on two's or even 1's) and not the cheap stuff either

id say it was a needless expense but it's her money so idgaf.

Also it could be for several projects at once not just one but i doubt it.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
I do wonder if Nami thinks about Hololive
35 grand for a MV
excuse the fuck me
Doing some research tells me that higher end 2d animation for a mv can be up to 20k per minute, if you know Shelter, the animated MV made by Porter Robinson that causes anime community to have a civil war over what qualifies as anime, the creator said the cost of the animated video was "I could have bought a lamborghini instead".

Wouldn't surprise me if thing like Marines animated MV are also in the 30-40k range consider she already had said Unison was expensive and "Marine set sail" was 4 times as expensive as Unsion.

Last edited:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I'm genuinely convinced she is going to off herself soon and is just doing a bunch of collabs with everyone just as a final hurrah at this point. Friday is the day...
If she kills herself I get mad deadpool points!

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Kkkaren got a song in a mobile game now

James Landino is a pretty sick collab. For people who don't know he's from the second wave of people that made remixes on ocremix.org . He had a nice portfolio of VG remixes but people started remembering his name when he posted some RWBY remixes when that was in the public consciousness.

My favorite remix

Example RWBY remix

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Do know of them run background checks before shelling out this much money wtf?
Do you expect intelligence out of an online vwhore?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
How in the fuck did 3 women who are allegedly chummy with each other get scammed by the same studio

You'd think one of them bitched to someone at some point
I mean...
anyways kronii stream in 15 minutes.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Horse time YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

She also just posted this on twitter and is saying how it completely mentally drained her

(a)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom