"I hope you guys you know, uh, celebrate together happily...and...maybe explode together"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBear

Cover Corp has released a statement entitled "Announcement of Measures Taken to Combat Slander and Defamation"

View attachment 12240
View attachment 12241

1675240725293.png

Shit. QUICK DELETE EVERYTHING
--------------------------------------

Based on Google Translate, seems like the Courts gave the go ahead for the Telco Company to give the private information of whoever was slandering Chihiro Yuki, and once contacted/served, they decided to settle and pay for any damages.
Above seems to be the case in question

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Cover Corp has released a statement entitled "Announcement of Measures Taken to Combat Slander and Defamation"

I'm a little bit alarmed about them going after bulletin board posts. I'm wondering what they consider actionable slander. Anyone know if there's any specific info about one of those cases somewhere in English?

Maybe TVA needs a warrant canary?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Gura is pedo
Kiara is a whore
Mori is fat
Ina is going to do a Sana
Kronii is pregnant
Bae is pregnant
Mumei is a serial killer
Fauna is coomerbait
Sana jumped the boat cause she seen what happened to Coco and Rushia

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I'm waiting for the day Jersh and Proctor get contacted by Japanese bureaucrats asking them to take down posts for 'slander.' Please, God, let us have kino.
:amepopcorn:
yes, i am aware this is very unlikely to happen given the differences in court systems between america and japan, etc. but it would be really funny if they tried anyways.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I'm a little bit alarmed about them going after bulletin board posts. I'm wondering what they consider actionable slander. Anyone know if there's any specific info about one of those cases somewhere in English?

Maybe TVA needs a warrant canary?
Suing a Japanese defendant for defamation in a Japanese court is a lot different than suing an American defendant for defamation in an American court. Even if Cover were interested in trying to reach abroad, it's a lot harder to build a successful defamation claim in the US; expressions of opinion (rather than fact) are protected, you'd have to show actual monetary losses unless it falls under certain narrow categories of defamation per se, and the truth of the statement is an absolute defense, which it isn't in Japan.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

View attachment 12240
View attachment 12241

This but in white.
1675239771951688.png

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
Oh god someone is actually taking riverbear bait.
Riverbear's greatest strength is his ability to post such a blatantly obvious bait that people think it can't be this obvious and react as if he really was retarded.

Early Adopter
>be citizen of groriousu nippon
>worku your asso on officeo jobu for 30000000000 yen (enough for two packetsu of ramen, 5x5 metres frato and interneto birru)
>lifeu is good
>check my favourite burretin boardo
>see firuthy gaijin pink woman
>fired up with rage of thousand suns
>shitoh hardo in thread
>firrus goodoh
>knocku on a door
>oh_shit.rice
>you open the dooroh
>its the hororive secret service

>tfw you are forced to commit sepukku cause you carred mori fatoh

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 4.18.14 AM.png

I no longer appreciate the stories Twitter's Trending page tells us....

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

After taking a long break since 8th July 2022 in order to finish her "space school", Nijisanji ex-KR talent Roha Lee will be returning at 3rd May this year.

Edit: I cant read date.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
So basically it's like the pre-event mini-games during ShibuHal's VSaikyo. I'm down for that especially since most of the players there are noobs and a sweatfest would be a mistake.
Here's a couple of clips from the Apex relay race.

I like the clip with Putechi and Sumire but the best clip was the other team members, Nazuna the bully and cute Nose being angry and screaming in panic.

Suing a Japanese defendant for defamation in a Japanese court is a lot different than suing an American defendant for defamation in an American court. Even if Cover were interested in trying to reach abroad, it's a lot harder to build a successful defamation claim in the US; expressions of opinion (rather than fact) are protected, you'd have to show actual monetary losses unless it falls under certain narrow categories of defamation per se, and the truth of the statement is an absolute defense, which it isn't in Japan.
They can hope getting a boomer judge/jury, have their holo in question stream Elden Ring exclusively and claim they got no SC income.

The former Ashizawa Saki released her first video after Riot Music's settlement announcement, Ai Kotoba IV cover. You can throw the video description under a translator for some feels.

Re:AcT's Usuwa Suu singing in her usual Wednesday evening session.

Edit: 38k watching the newest VSpo member. She just sneezed as I am linking this.

Last edited:

Sporg

Why do Japanese companies seem to refer to everything as "slander"?

A damaging, false statement? Slander
Doxxing? Slander
Death threat? Slander

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Why do Japanese companies seem to refer to everything as "slander"?

A damaging, false statement? Slander
Doxxing? Slander
Death threat? Slander
I mean, this is the same country where you can be jailed and fined for defamation even if what you said is 100% true and accurate.

Under Article 230-1 of the Criminal Code of Japan: “(1) A person who defames another by alleging facts in public shall, regardless of whether such facts are true or false, be punished by imprisonment with or without work for not more than three (3) years or a fine of not more than 500,000 yen.”

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I mean, this is the same country where you can be jailed and fined for defamation even if what you said is 100% true and accurate.
I love how "Imprisonment with or without work" has to be specified. Being let out of the wage cage is more terrifying to the average Japanese man than going to actual jail.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Apparently something is going down in kawaii and so far no one knows what.
Current thread on vt (Tread archive), all of the girls that had streams scheduled cancelled.
1675247353148629.png

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The corps are dying. The market is consolidating. Phase Connect and Idol Corp are showing the others what a corp can actually do, and either the people in charge are dissatisfied with their earnings, or the talents are rebelling because their corps are doing fuckall.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Early Adopter
Apparently something is going down in kawaii and so far no one knows what.
Current thread on vt (Tread archive), all of the girls that had streams scheduled cancelled.
View attachment 12251

🐀 - small corpo bubble bursted after insane success of jews. By showing how it's done. Various talents and managers, discontent with how the things are going, are threatening to jump ship and go indie. These cancellations are for emergency meetings due to dissolution of tsunderia and other indie group i already forgot about, and WACTOR showing its ugly underbelly, shaking up the entire industry.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
On lui and kronii's collab kronii said her grandma is from osaka, (if she didn't fuck up her japanese) then that means she may be half korean half japanese.
Or a Korean who was born in Japan. There are a lot of those, many of whom moved to Korea post-WWII after losing their Japanese citizenship with the signing of the Treaty of Basic Relations with the Republic of Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom