"If you're trying to improve on your life, you should not be waiting for January 1st of each new year, this should be a life goal, why haven't you started already?"Sena Bonbon

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
Gura barely beat Moona in views, oof. Also once again webp screwed me over on the the fishman winning image.
That 3D Live should have gotten more with who it had as guests, ngl. /#/ is going to go pure shambles and I am here for it. I'm gonna watch it later, since I went in to see some of the parts, but been watching the Pippi having fun and getting boolied.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
ok, holo twitter is full of uoohposting... 3 letter agencies are gonna work overtime tonight.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

mismatch

That 3D Live should have gotten more with who it had as guests, ngl. /#/ is going to go pure shambles and I am here for it. I'm gonna watch it later, since I went in to see some of the parts, but been watching the Pippi having fun and getting boolied.
EN Numbers are super low across the board right now - back to school and all. I'm sure when Myth does their proper 3d reveals in Japan and pull the Japanese viewers they'll pop off again. Also, the numbers were still inclining pretty quickly. If the concert had been an hour long it would definitely have topped 100k

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Oh, right, I forgot to tell you lads about the news
But it's related to the current Holo Lives spree

And of course Kiara is planning stuff while trying not to get her hopes up too high. Myth is likely planning some sort of group trip, but maybe Kiara can go alone first.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Damn, when I went to bed last night we were on page 58. This is site is seriously inclining. Also, 90% of my posts are in another thread.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
All that's missing from these last 10 or so pages are numberfaggots reporting on gura's viewership through the stream, I may yet complete my bingo card.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Wait, people thought shy ol' Goober was in Japan? Why?
We know from member streams she was assigned a "local manager" and was back and forth recording in a local studio nearly every day for a while these past two months. I'm just a lurker of the old place, but I saw those summaries of her member streams easy enough. At no point in the last two months did it ever appear she was going to Japan.

Is it Hopium?
'Recording in a local studio' could have easily meant something like dance rehearsals. And as for travel, everyone would expect Kiara to be the first to drop everything and do a live 3Dlive, but perhaps it would be easier to get an American to Japan than an Austrian for some stupid European reason.

I didn't think it was particularly likely, but I definitely thought it was possible.
Yes, hopium.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
It wasn't during JP prime time and wasn't a true 3D live, nor as long as one, so honestly, it did really well all things considered, imo.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
More vchuba need to move on from singing fansa already before I'm going insane also I'm sad I'm missing page 69 you guys moves like there's no tomorrow

Pretty enjoyful live overall, as someone who didn't follow gura it goes on how I expected it would be
I wondered if the ccv not breaking 100k+ also partly due to timezone because it's like 10AM for Jp people, I thought it'll go over considering the subs count

The animation bit was pretty cute, makes me wish hololive slice-of-life anime were a thing (hologra somewhat achieved that, but there's something different with seeing 2D animation vs regular 3D)

Ive remember looking this nigga up wondering why and how he seemingly got views, saw that he played the Fujo/Gay angle hard and laughed more, even though he is fucking massive for a solo indie he seemingly has wierd ass twitter tantrums because he acts like a 16 year old highschooler

Hearing his voice made me member when people where expecting Regis to have a gay voice on model debut, cant fault a guy for playing a profitable audience but atleast act classy about it
Even if the dude were an old friend or like in the same circle of group before the njen moving, I do feel like he does this insane hyperfixation on them which makes people think he's trying to leech on their exposure regardless of what he actually thinks
I do understand being excited for a friend but come on, don't be a tactless fag

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
It wasn't during JP prime time and wasn't a true 3D live, nor as long as one, so honestly, it did really well all things considered, imo.
It put on a good show. That's what matters.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Maybe I'm just retarded and missed it, but despite the amount of chumbud posting in the old thread, there was a surprisingly low amount of posts concerning Gura's members only content; I remember on one occasion, many posters in the thread who often posted about Gura during her streams said that they hadn't membered. I don't remember this local manager thing (or anything related to it) ever being shared in the thread.

The member stream in question was August 5th. All receipts can be found there assuming she hasn't unlisted it. I copied most of the transcript from the Farms summary into a personal discord which I can screenshot if needed. Though it's a bit broken up and paraphrased.

unknown.png

Here is a snippet as proof.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
I didn't see the opening since I was chilling for a bit, but holy shit they are tapping into the pedo market hard.

Wait, 1 second of IRyS as cannon in an anime made up for the pedo bait.

Last edited:

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter
All that's missing from these last 10 or so pages are numberfaggots reporting on gura's viewership through the stream, I may yet complete my bingo card.
There's no Scuttle here (yet) so why bother

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
EN Numbers are super low across the board right now - back to school and all. I'm sure when Myth does their proper 3d reveals in Japan and pull the Japanese viewers they'll pop off again. Also, the numbers were still inclining pretty quickly. If the concert had been an hour long it would definitely have topped 100k
I blame it on the timeslot. They should have gone for JP primetime, but also wish she would have released some of the guest line-up to tease it. I still think it did very well for the slot and not being advertise a bunch.
You posted as I was about to reply to mismatch, ahahaha. I still can't believe we got Cardboardroni. I was hoping for a surprise IRyS, but no way was I hoping for Miku.

Pippa advising her chat to never get a rabbit because they were terrible pets. It's so fucking true. They are cute, but gawdamn do they need a lot of care and clean-up.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Pippa talking about Steve Irwin and the first thing that came to mind was "isn't that the guy who put his thumb up animal's assholes?" and then I remembered that was a South Park joke.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
The member stream in question was August 5th. All receipts can be found there assuming she hasn't unlisted it. I copied most of the transcript from the Farms summary into a personal discord which I can screenshot if needed. Though it's a bit broken up and paraphrased.

unknown.png

Here is a snippet as proof.

"resting sad face"

Ok, that was depressing.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
All you people who gave me the rrat reaction for the Gura stuff needa do your homework reps on the old place. 😭
I wasn't even a member there and I know this shit just from lurking that thread.

I feel like 90% of member streams were pretty well covered by folks at the farms.

Pippa talking about Steve Irwin and the first thing that came to mind was "isn't that the guy who put his thumb up animal's assholes?" and then I remembered that was a South Park joke.

I had a strong urge to include a Bully buckers reference with that last Enna clip I posted.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Screenshot - 2022-09-17T222132.387.png
Screenshot - 2022-09-17T222405.999.png
Gura #1 Trending Worldwide, #5 in America

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Scroll down on the main page. That's 70 members online right now, in total we have nearly 200 members.

And to answer your question, it's because it turns out people do want a place to discuss vtubers that doesn't encourage coomposting. Roommate discussion is an added bonus, sure, but I really think that outlawing even the slightest amount of thirstposting is what allows the other thread (and this place) to stand out.

Maybe I'm just retarded and missed it, but despite the amount of chumbud posting in the old thread, there was a surprisingly low amount of posts concerning Gura's members only content; I remember on one occasion, many posters in the thread who often posted about Gura during her streams said that they hadn't membered. I don't remember this local manager thing (or anything related to it) ever being shared in the thread.
Quite the opposite in my experience Gura is the one Holo whos Members stuff was always shared all over the place, hell she is the only one I see her full stream consistently uploaded to Nya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom