"I didn't go to my class reunion; Everyone is working for hedge funds, Goldman Sachs, crazy stuff, while I'm out here... like this! ahHaHAHAHAha"Amanogawa Shiina

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
image.png

He's hurtin'.

Meanwhile... Cat dies, Mysta grads, and now she ruined her pants! What a week...

image.png
That pic isn't just tragic, it looks like what them weebs call a "death flag". Nina fucked off, so is Mysta. Mysta is one of the people grafted at the hip with Mika and she's been through a ton of shit, so who knows, and Luca... well, he was the last call in Nina's graduation, I couldn't hear him, i had to leave since Nina was bawling again.

Man, is Nijisanji so shit people would rather mass graduate? I'm guessing the pay isn't that good then? At least not enough to deal with their terminal retardation.

I hope Yagoo grabs the femboy that said "we should be more like Nijisanji" and straight up call him a stupid fucking degree.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
The more members of Niji that are bailing, the more alright I am with the idea of the ones I like departing if they're just going to go back to an indie account. Reality is that I'm not invested in the survival of the Niji brand, just with Pomu/Selen/Enna's antics and if they leave Niji but keep streaming, it's no real loss for me. I already don't buy merch to begin with though even if I did, it's not like it's really helping to support them any more than direct donations would. :smugselen:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
The grass is always greener on the other side. Holo has their own set of frustrations when it comes to management, I doubt he would be much happier under them.
There is a JP precedent. And I think Luna is much, much happier in Hololive than she was in Nijisanji.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Who's Pekora's biggest fan now, bitch by @lSketchu.jpg

So who's Pekora's biggest fan?

so that's how she does it by @DezHsieh.jpg

Suisei could teach NASA a thing or two about escape velocity.

Sana by @AdarinSinner.jpg

Speaking of NASA Sana...

IRySoPlushie by @DDrawins.jpg

IRySoFluffy™ Plushie: COVER, do this now!

zero fucks given by La-Lion by @lSketchu.jpg

Literally any scary enemy POV from Botan's games

Return the Grampire by @ZedGawr.jpg

COVER...seriously. Just return the Grampire and we won't do anything to you in Minecraft. We swear.

No Name

The more members of Niji that are bailing, the more alright I am with the idea of the ones I like departing if they're just going to go back to an indie account. Reality is that I'm not invested in the survival of the Niji brand, just with Pomu/Selen/Enna's antics and if they leave Niji but keep streaming, it's no real loss for me. I already don't buy merch to begin with though even if I did, it's not like it's really helping to support them any more than direct donations would. :smugselen:
This is the sanest choice.
If they're happier away from Niji then they should just bail. I guess time will tell though.

UberSoldat

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
It really depends on what they did to get suspended. You also have to remember that Holo Fantasy was THE gen for JP. They are the equivilent of Myth. Public momentum is not the only thing they needed to worry about, as well, but talent perceptions, too. Marine was going through a lot of shit around that time, as well, and was likely on the verge of quitting.

The problem is the extent of whatever they did. Some things can't be overlooked.
For sure, but with that decision comes the likelihood that StarsEN as Cover's primary drill into the western woman demographic will be closed off for good. All my Niji-Tempus women friends have said that those two leaving might be it for them, or that it'll just be Bettel left, and that sentiment seems to have some echoes even with the men here in this thread. It's a very big decision, and I would certainly like to believe that these companies have a high threshold for 'things that can't be overlooked'.
Again, though, I don't think we have long to wait until we find out what's up.

I'm in a somewhat similar boat. Hearing Mysta say that all he really wanted to do was make people laugh and earn enough money to give his mum a good life kind of just hits home that this is a job and people have their own goals and boundaries on how much they want to let it take over their life.

I love Nijisanji, but that doesn't mean everyone who comes in is able to handle it long term. It also doesn't mean the company is operating well for them. If someone else I care about more returns to being Indie then I'm good with that because I really want to watch the person and not the logo they're under. A future indie retirement home of Keeki, Mint, Nova etc all hanging out is the best outcome from a pure freedom and entertainment standpoint.

It's difficult to remain positive when things like this are happening, though. The reality is that, regardless of the company, your Oshi could be laughing and setting up streams and collabs while also having been discussing their graduation for months. This IS going to be true for all our favourites at some point just as it was true for Sana and Nina and Mysta. It's really rough unless you start adjusting your mindset about it.

Limkin

Ethyria's auditions closed in July 11th. Luxiem had auditions closed in August 1st. Based by timing of graduations it seems like the contract is signed within a couple of weeks of closing auditions. Both Lazulight and Obsydia had auditions closed in December 15th, so by following this logic they would stay until almost January. What a great way to start a new year

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
I would joke about Mysta leaving Nijisanji, but I don't want to give the karmic forces any more reasons to bitchslap me with bad news about Ves and Magni.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
I love Nijisanji, but that doesn't mean everyone who comes in is able to handle it long term. It also doesn't mean the company is operating well for them. If someone else I care about more returns to being Indie then I'm good with that because I really want to watch the person and not the logo they're under. A future indie retirement home of Keeki, Mint, Nova etc all hanging out is the best outcome from a pure freedom and entertainment standpoint.

It would be more ideal for all the ex-corpo talents that couldn't really work together because of intercompany shit or other things to be able to hang out together and have fun without having a manager breathing down their necks. My own selfish dream is if in the event Vesper gets canned and goes back to Randon or another identity, and Monkeyism returns to vtubing to some degree, that I can reach out as a viewer of both, a fellow old fuck, and a financier to start some VBoomer group. Hags and Hags (male) only.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
It would be more ideal for all the ex-corpo talents that couldn't really work together because of intercompany shit or other things to be able to hang out together and have fun without having a manager breathing down their necks. My own selfish dream is if in the event Vesper gets canned and goes back to Randon or another identity, and Monkeyism returns to vtubing to some degree, that I can reach out as a viewer of both, a fellow old fuck, and a financier to start some VBoomer group. Hags and Hags (male) only.
I kinda wish what happened with Kawaii gen 3 could happened to others, a corpo group leaving but staying together as a unit with the same inter dynamic between them, IMO I think the fact that most of NijiEn seems to legit like each other and want to stay as a group is probably a reason more of them don't consider leaving.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
That pic isn't just tragic, it looks like what them weebs call a "death flag". Nina fucked off, so is Mysta. Mysta is one of the people grafted at the hip with Mika and she's been through a ton of shit, so who knows, and Luca... well, he was the last call in Nina's graduation, I couldn't hear him, i had to leave since Nina was bawling again.

Man, is Nijisanji so shit people would rather mass graduate? I'm guessing the pay isn't that good then? At least not enough to deal with their terminal retardation.

I hope Yagoo grabs the femboy that said "we should be more like Nijisanji" and straight up call him a stupid fucking degree.
ID graduating is due to being merged into the main branch and still not really doing much despite that, you don't see mass JP graduations because we're only viewing shit as EN viewers, especially when it comes to a big company being "newer" on the scene as Hololive hit the west first and had a bigger impression on what "it should be like." The pay is fine as many of them state when asked (they won't ever say how much they make or actual % cut despite what 4chan rrats and supposed "leaks" want to say) as many of them continually can take vacations, move into better places (or buy a house) and live comfortably compared to prior to Niji when, if you knew their PL, they very much were struggling in life. Mysta's case is he shown he was basically finished for the longest, everyone joked about him graduating while he very much was considering it. His last "real talk" stream he made it clear he was at an impasse and felt burnt out and not sure what to really do.

The only info people have regarding anything internally with Niji (EN) is what Sayu stated in her document, and that doesn't even pertain to everyone, they all have different management. All JP management is bad (even hololives) they just have very different way of going about business. The problem with NijiEN in particular seems to be they very much have a conflicting west vs east mindset in management.

We have to remember while it's easy to blame the company, the people in question are also humans and have their own thoughts and feelings that can be separate from it.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
I kinda wish what happened with Kawaii gen 3 could happened to others, a corpo group leaving but staying together as a unit with the same inter dynamic between them, IMO I think the fact that most of NijiEn seems to legit like each other and want to stay as a group is probably a reason more of them don't consider leaving.

Until the mass walkout at least, when 6+ talents all collectively leave at once, because they realize that together as an indie group they could make more money than they would continuing to be shackled under a corpo that bleeds their profits.

UberSoldat

I wonder about the state of the "Elira's clique" rrats now that Mysta is on his way out.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
F1uyE-LXsAMQYIr

image.png

She can't be the only Vtuber with concerns like this. Remind your oshi's to get up and stretch from time to time.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I wonder about the state of the "Elira's clique" rrats now that Mysta is on his way out.
"He went against Elira and the clique made his life a living hell" or something. I would assume.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
The problem with NijiEN in particular seems to be they very much have a conflicting west vs east mindset in management.
I was also going to bring this up Re: Magni and Ves announcement in that it feels Cover's PR team are just more in tune with Western sensibilities than Anycolor right now.

People say that they set a precedent for themselves with Vesper's original suspension notice, but they may have also concluded that the backlash from that statement's vagueness was bad optics and pivoted to a much more gentle announcement style through tweets. You can see it worked, as even if they DO get the boot, people responded to the merch tweet saying shit like 'They are only pausing their merch because they're waiting for them to come back. How nice of them!' They've cast enough doubt on the severity of their status to figure out the issue without any external pressure.

The problem is that they're going to have to rip off the Band-aid eventually. Do they announce a sudden termination? Do they acknowledge that they engaged in a stealth suspension? Do they try to pretend nothing was going on at all? They don't have a lot of wiggle room, and they can only get away with that tactic once. They would be burning a lot of built-up trust to weather this one, and I think they've felt they had no other choice.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
(I swear this has nothing to do with Mysta, I've been meaning to ask this for quite some time)

I'm curious, has there been any hints or updates about Obsydia's 3D debut? It has been close to 6 months since Lazulight's 3D, and I could have sworn that Selen's past trip to Japan was basically to record for her 3D.

I wonder if the lack of 3Ds is somehow related to to the cancellation of the AR concert. I know they did mention that some of the livers will debut their 3D in the concert, but I wouldn't have expected "some" to mean "everyone besides Lazulight".

I also realized that with Nina and Mysta graduating, even if they reschedule the AR concert in the future, it wouldn't be the same as originally planned anymore. :depressedtako:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom