"The whole point of my streams is that nothing's supposed to go right! Don't tell me how to be better!"Dizzy Dokuro

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
One thing that leaves me feeling irritated with watching vtubers is that I think too much with telling whether or not what they're saying is just a part of their character or if they're being sincere. Like, is their attitude real? Is this their actual sense of humor? Are these two vtubers actually having fun on stream together? Is this emotional story that they're telling even real?

Do you guys ever get caught up in thinking about this?
The act generally falls away after a few months.
Most people can't really keep something like that up unless the are a legitimate psychopath or experienced improv actor.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Stringstorm, music creator and wannabe VTuber kingpin, comes out as a My Little Pony grooming pedophile, but I repeat myself.

Link / Archive
Google Drive
1.png
Link / Archive
2.png
Link / Archive
3.png
Link / Archive
4.png
Link / Archive

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
New tangentially related EN/twitch Vtuber hyperdrama

Yakirisu, e-girl from nintendo and pokemon circles turned twitch and youtube vtuber
New funi i found on this, her 50 buck/month patreon tier includes the privilage of being her twitch janny
So not only do they do it for free there, they pay to do it

Screenshot_20230531_111218_Brave.jpg

E-girls, not even once

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
So you guys don't ever think about what is or isn't a part of their character? Not sure why everyone is giving me negative reactions...
It's all part of a character. Now, some of the person behind the curtain can and will bleed through, and as our sperging in the Pippa thread shows we can be genuinely concerned for that person, but in the end this is all entertainment and you can't allow yourself to get too attached. Just play along and enjoy it, IMO.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Mel talking about the Issei anniv. but where is CHAMA ?:urtearingmeapart:her anniv is tomorrow 2/6

themanimthehills

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Bratcast Episode 2 in a little over half an hour, featuring Riro Ron, and for the sake of your sanity it's best not to look at chat too much during it:

Horo7618

No one in particular
The act generally falls away after a few months.
Most people can't really keep something like that up unless the are a legitimate psychopath or experienced improv actor.
I don't think that's entirely accurate - most people aren't putting on an act to the point that they're playing a completely different character, but they absolutely can and do develop and maintain a streaming persona that maintains a degree of distance from their real self.

themanimthehills

I don't think that's entirely accurate - most people aren't putting on an act to the point that they're playing a completely different character, but they absolutely can and do develop and maintain a streaming persona that maintains a degree of distance from their real self.
But how much distance, generally, is the real question.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
So, Lui released a nice cover of Kick Back earlier today. Her voice reallu suits the song. Unfortunately, it looks like some of the lyrics were wrong or something in the MV, so it is private while it is being fixed.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
One thing that leaves me feeling irritated with watching vtubers is that I think too much with telling whether or not what they're saying is just a part of their character or if they're being sincere. Like, is their attitude real? Is this their actual sense of humor? Are these two vtubers actually having fun on stream together? Is this emotional story that they're telling even real?

They all get together on discord to laugh at how pathetic their fanbases are and how much money they make from appealing to kissless virgins dw bro

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Not sure why everyone is giving me negative reactions...

Probably because you're asking questions about things that other people instinctively grasp and are able to intuitively understand, and by your lack of understanding them you basically out yourself as a weird antisocial shut-in who doesn't get extremely simple social ques.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
But how much distance, generally, is the real question.
Does it bother you that most people have a different persona for work interactions than they do with friends/family/themselves (each of which will have their own respective personae)?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
In today's edition of "what did Jelly say this time", Nasa raided her and told the raiders that her name was Moon Jelly and not Jelly Hoshiumi.
Must be an honest mistake. She's been stressing on Twitter lately that her lemon whore wife Lumi has been cheating on her by having multiple wives, and Lumi revealed she was once married to Moon Jelly. Similar names must have gotten her mixed up because they're clearly two different people:

Archive
:smugselen:

I guess sometimes I might wonder, but as long as it's entertaining, it doesn't bother me or anything. Sometimes I wonder if Lia really is that bat-shit crazy/airheaded or if it's just an act (more than likely a mix of both), but I don't get bothered not knowing as long as she's entertaining, for example.

For the most part, I'll just take what they're putting out in the world at face value until evidence comes out that it's not true because it really doesn't affect me if it's not true.

USS IOWA

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
That requires direct experience and not everyone is cut out for maintaining a separate list of things about themselves.
Some people are just naturally bad at that kind of deception/acting.
Eventually they will fuck up and blurt out something like my boyfriend.

themanimthehills

Probably because you're asking questions about things that other people instinctively grasp and are able to intuitively understand, and by your lack of understanding them you basically out yourself as a weird antisocial shut-in who doesn't get extremely simple social ques.
I won't feel sorry for you when you learn something horrible about the true nature of the rag doll...

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
What kind of discord "benefits"
:vespernice:
Apparently just being in her discord, but for only 200 bucks a month you can "request" a cosplay (probably etsy or aliexpress tat)

Horo7618

No one in particular
That requires direct experience and not everyone is cut out for maintaining a separate list of things about themselves.
Some people are just naturally bad at that kind of deception/acting.
No, different people will do it to different degrees absolutely. But I don't think it's healthy or accurate to think of it as acting or deception, it's a 100% normal part of human social interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom