"Whenever I see kaigainiki comments in chat and on twitter, and they type 'Onion' I immediately notice -'Ah, they must be talking about me'- "Minato Aqua

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Cover collab holo id+jp+en released right now.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Last Miyu's cover just premiered, very nice of her to include the Indonesian translation straight on the the mv too

She's doing karaoke stream right now if you'd like to drop by

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
As soon as I heard this banger at the end of Laplus' anniversary show I knew I'd have to grab it for my playlist. It's called "Dark Breath". I didn't realize at the time that it's her new original song. Because of that I decided to leave it unlisted on my channel, though here's the link for anyone else who wants to watch/listen.

I've gotta say, Laplus has grown on me. Not so much from streams or clips, but from 3D performances where she really shines. Someone in the comments compared her to Moona, and I agree. They both have that swagger.

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!
Last Miyu's cover just premiered, very nice of her to include the Indonesian translation straight on the the mv too

She's doing karaoke stream right now if you'd like to drop by

Her throat is dying someone please save her

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Wowee imagine there being repercussions to being shit at dividing your personal and persona identities. What a fucking shocker. Next up on World First News; Water. Is it wet? We'll find out after this commercial break.
[Wooden horse autistically squeaks in the distance]

signal-2022-11-26-07-30-01-590.jpg

This weeks Phase Weekly with Lia and Hime aka "the Chuuba from the end of Low Effort Clips' clips."

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Well, Koha Cup was ostensibly 20 teams and 60 participants but the reality was that it was just RPR and AlphaAzur thriving against unbalanced teams and playing their own tournament.

Still, it was a nice for-fun tournament. I've been watching Kohaku since way before VEE and it's cool to see that she's been able to climb into these opportunities despite her V-Tuber company not having really positively affected her popularity/attention on the surface.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
As soon as I heard this banger at the end of Laplus' anniversary show I knew I'd have to grab it for my playlist. It's called "Dark Breath". I didn't realize at the time that it's her new original song. Because of that I decided to leave it unlisted on my channel, though here's the link for anyone else who wants to watch/listen.

I've gotta say, Laplus has grown on me. Not so much from streams or clips, but from 3D performances where she really shines. Someone in the comments compared her to Moona, and I agree. They both have that swagger.

My completely uninformed impression is that Laplus has a very K-pop style to her dancing. As another data point, she uploaded this short an hour ago.

Time for another Holo cover of Queen. Anyone who knows who Rikka's partner is, feel free to enlighten me.

Edit: For something completely different, here's Aki discovering the wonders of Venus flytrap ASMR with Kobo.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Time for another Holo cover of Queen. Anyone who knows who Rikka's partner is, feel free to enlighten me.
It's the seiyuu Okamoto Nobuhiko, he's guesting in rikka's stream today as his character in the seiyuutube channel hence the appearance

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Rurumi is live with Lia!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Is there any particular reason why charleston of all things is so popular with japanese vtubers?
Who doesn't like electro swing?

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Production kawaii made an official post adressing malicious spammers impersonating their talents. Asks to report false accounts via a link they provide.
I'm assuming it started even before the Aletto drama, but I have no idea. Was there a significant number of dedicated kawaii haters? I was not paying attention to them.

EDIT: Nene Amano said it is about something since a month ago
EDIT2: Reina also provided clarification.

Nene Amano☁️😇 天野寧々 VTuber | ASMR said:
To clarify this is about spammers who have been impersonating Kawaii talent and makint malicious statements in stream since one month ago. Thank you!
REINA SUN レイナ・サン 😈🍣 | IDLE ARC said:
To clarify, this is about bots that have been on Kawaii channels that have led to limited stream chat settings. They’ve been spamming too much, so a statement was put out. Thank you for your understanding. Kawaii strong IKZ!

Last edited:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

bWVkaWEvRmlmVC1pWGFjQUEtelpXLmpwZw==.jpeg

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
The saga continues to spiral without cease, as two new locked twitter accounts 'kaburaki_rotty' ('Rotty' being a nickname of Roco) and 'kuramoti_meruto' are found.
Fifq-wIVUAIyqUB.jpeg
Fifq-wEUcAAJQOL.jpeg

I also found evidence that 'Maiden Voyage' was only added to these accounts within the last 9 hours, as there are screenshots of their accounts without them.
FieGQDTaEAIyekh.jpegFieGQDPaMAEC9eR.jpeg

'Maiden Voyage' is a really fucking weird unit name even for Nijisanji, who often prefer to lean into short or snappy names. It's possible this could be the name of a debut song, or it could be some troll, who the fuck knows at this point.

Also, some terminology: 'Kaburaki Shock' is a term that some JP fans are using to describe the consistent decline in AVG. viewership for VTA streams since Oct. 24.

Bring Roco home, retards.

EDIT: As a small addition to this, I want to say that I definitely did search 'kuramoti_meruto' in the past in pursuit of a hit and failed to bear any fruit. There is no way they had saved her username beforehand.

The unused and unlocked '65_kaburaki' was likely considered compromised and that's why this new account was made in November. Again, no firm indication that these are legitimate right now.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Lia not into knotting. Confirmed for not white girl.

Edit: Lia: probably the one thing worse than knotting is peeing
Rurumi: speechless

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

Extremely kpop style from the music production and lyric arrangements. And yes she's good a cool dance style.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Axel "We just fucking some dudes" Syrios.. damn nijifags influence :mad:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Axel "We just fucking some dudes" Syrios.. damn nijifags influence :mad:

0/10, he didn't say "We just fucking some dudes" in Japanese. I'm very disappointed, fuck you Axel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom