"I'd rather see feet, than play with the ouija board"Lia Rinkou's mom

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limkin

I would imagine the main issue with covers is Hololive being too big. The people to whom the original belongs think about how much revenue the girls could generate (disregarding that they generally go red and a lot on making them), abuse the fact that all it takes is for them, at any point in time, just say "No" and it all falls through, and ask for more money after the work on it has already begun, effectively holding them hostages. Either they cut the losses and cancel a cover, or pay a lot more than expected to owner. Enjoy your fotm covers from Kanaria from now on as the only possible options, because Kanaria seems to be chill with it. Music copyright is probably the most anal one about "muh lost revenue", to the point bands, who wrote the song, sometimes can't perform it if they are no longer under a label they were back when it was done

httn

Hag enthusiast

Miori was talking about random things, but one thing caught my ear: She's been DMing people who buy multiple misprint merch items and asking if they actually want them. Her reasoning is that fans shouldn't be buying merch just to support her.
WOMAN WHAT DO YOU THINK THE POINT OF MERCH IS?

I swear she just hates money. She just seems to keep selling herself short with everything she does. Her Commisions are dirt cheap, her merch is at such stupidly low prices i cant see her making a profit on it. Mio's very talented but has some kind of menhera regarding money.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

Miori was talking about random things, but one thing caught my ear: She's been DMing people who buy multiple misprint merch items and asking if they actually want them. Her reasoning is that fans shouldn't be buying merch just to support her.
WOMAN WHAT DO YOU THINK THE POINT OF MERCH IS?

Does she collect anything? there's a really good feeling about having rare shit like misprints when you're a collector: "i was there before the fags google searched this shit".

the first run of criterion collection brazil, yojimbo and sanjuro have misprints and aspect ratio issues for example.

Kalion

:)
Does she collect anything? there's a really good feeling about having rare shit like misprints when you're a collector: "i was there before the fags google searched this shit".

the first run of criterion collection brazil, yojimbo and sanjuro have misprints and aspect ratio issues for example.
I don't think so.
I said this about 2000 pages ago, but she didn't understand why a large bunch of her fans were begging her to sell them the mousepads where she was mis-printed with a darker skin tone than usual.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Forum all-star apparently is a big fan of her rival Kirsche

Get Archived Ragdoll

But we already have a Pig vtuber.

Piggy Porkuro
1689275336017284.png

Sorry Dizzy but the meme is funny.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Naw, they just constantly get fucked by perms for cover songs. Pretty much everyone had complained about at least one getting cancelled out of nowhere.
Other issue is that you're dealing with, normally, Japanese & American Copyright setups. While Music kind of has international standards, the reality is that there is "local" releases and there is "global" releases and it can just be a mess. Unironically, as far as I've been able to read up on it, actually putting it on a CD to sell is a lot easier if the label is part of one of the standard rights organizations. Since it's a flat per-pressing fee and there's no right of refusal.
I would imagine the main issue with covers is Hololive being too big. The people to whom the original belongs think about how much revenue the girls could generate (disregarding that they generally go red and a lot on making them), abuse the fact that all it takes is for them, at any point in time, just say "No" and it all falls through, and ask for more money after the work on it has already begun, effectively holding them hostages. Either they cut the losses and cancel a cover, or pay a lot more than expected to owner. Enjoy your fotm covers from Kanaria from now on as the only possible options, because Kanaria seems to be chill with it. Music copyright is probably the most anal one about "muh lost revenue", to the point bands, who wrote the song, sometimes can't perform it if they are no longer under a label they were back when it was done
Anyone know enough Moonrune Legalisms to understand know what the wrinkle with Japanese copyrights are with music? That seems to be the one space I haven't seen any solid information about, but it seems to be a regular problem. (Given the full ownership rights with Japanese IPs, I can imagine you can't even enforce a signed contract for something like a cover if the IP owner has a menhara moment.)

Hopefully, someone will finally realize you can do Jpop covers of other songs. I'm sure you can get the rights to anything from Napalm Records for a case of beer.

Kalion

Purin is back home.
She now only has one ovary. Also, thank God, the cyst was benign.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This was in my recommended. Polygon a yt channel covering mainly video games did a 40 min video on vtubers. Interesting.

I actually have no idea who they are

Literally Vshojo on the thumbnail, don't need to watch it to know it will be shit and misinformed.
I almost always used to read every post in the thread, but now that there's just an unimaginable amount of them, I've found one simple trick (Proctors HATE him!) to reduce the time it takes to actually still read the thread effectively. If you simply skip over every post that has nothing to do with vtubers, it cuts the read time in half!
I just skip over phase posts and long ass posts over happenings idc about like shooty tooty game events or some concert from some rando nip chuuba I have never heard of.
Mana with even more sperging

Someone should tell this bitch outright that she wouldn't even be a blip in people's radar and be able to lessen her time being a wagie if she wasn't brought into the scene by her former manager that she despises so much.

:whatastory:

If she hates the vtuber community and everything it stands for then why can't she just FUCK OFF ALREADY!?
Watch as Jill defies all odds and kills Pekora's cat in self defence.
He got eaten whole and then ripped the cat's heart out from within.

Purin is back home.
She now only has one ovary.

I literally can't tell this bitch apart from shondo anymore, what is she even supposed to be? Some weird elf loli thing?

Kalion

I literally can't tell this bitch apart from shondo anymore, what is she even supposed to be? Some weird elf loli thing?
A "hellhound" somehow.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

So is finally happening wonder how many more are going to get the block today

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Literally Vshojo on the thumbnail, don't need to watch it to know it will be shit and misinformed.

I just skip over phase posts and long ass posts over happenings idc about like shooty tooty game events or some concert from some rando nip chuuba I have never heard of.

If she hates the vtuber community and everything it stands for then why can't she just FUCK OFF ALREADY!?

He got eaten whole and then ripped the cat's heart out from within.

dog

also im glad that shes fine now shes the only vtuber that i know who actually speaks my mother tongue so its both bias and hivemind

and shes funny

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
But we already have a Pig vtuber.

Piggy Porkuro
View attachment 40094

Sorry Dizzy but the meme is funny.
Bro, why are you apologizing? Have you seen the amount of bondage shit in the art background? She gets off on getting called a pig, bro. Also, with her birthday stream coming up, where about to see some of the most advanced money bulling phase has to offer.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Bijou was proud of herself for fixing her tech issues.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
The Italian Panda Stallion will be rapping.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Bae's thumbnail game is onpoint.

Negzana

I don't know where I was because I never realized Panko was such an autist

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Mana with even more sperging

Someone should tell this bitch outright that she wouldn't even be a blip in people's radar and be able to lessen her time being a wagie if she wasn't brought into the scene by her former manager that she despises so much.

:whatastory:

I have seen many tweets from her that basically amount to "I just want to live and make music, leave me alone", shortly followed (or preceded by) her trying to start shit on twitter. I genuinely don't know what her end-goal is, because it is incredibly simple for her to make music without going on a near-daily tirade. Or implying that everyone who even vaguely interacts with her content wants to sleep with her, those filthy incels need to be taught a thing or two, am I right?

Or, once again trotting the age-old advice of: "Start creating, stop tweeting", since the tweeting part seems to cause her the most trouble, as other people are able to tweet back at her - and some of them may even disagree with her, shock and awe. Many such cases! I promise you, the average person doesn't like being lectured to, no matter how right you think you are.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Amiya discovers the solution to software piracy

I miss her...

Watching Ami crack herself up over her own jokes never gets old. Cutest lil dork on the internet.
I have seen many tweets from her that basically amount to "I just want to live and make music, leave me alone", shortly followed (or preceded by) her trying to start shit on twitter. I genuinely don't know what her end-goal is, because it is incredibly simple for her to make music without going on a near-daily tirade. Or implying that everyone who even vaguely interacts with her content wants to sleep with her, those filthy incels need to be taught a thing or two, am I right?

Or, once again trotting the age-old advice of: "Start creating, stop tweeting", since the tweeting part seems to cause her the most trouble, as other people are able to tweet back at her - and some of them may even disagree with her, shock and awe. Many such cases! I promise you, the average person doesn't like being lectured to, no matter how right you think you are.
Mana's a retard. That's all there is to it. Probably a narcissist in the vein of Fatrick Tomlinson, who thinks it's her divine right to shout her dumb opinions into the void and be validated at every step for them.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Maybe she's trying to employ the Hollywood strategy of creating outrage to get cheap attention...? Nah, I think Zizara is right on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom