"How would you be born if your dad didn't have pleasure with your mom"Millie Parfait

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
fauna in japan.

EDIT: okayu will be the mc for the swimsuit stream.
mc.jpg

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Well Yuko ain't no Maverick but I think she's doing better so far in AC than meemaw did so that's something

This girl is so fucking weird but is still cool

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Highlight from last night's collab. Hime got fucking washed.

Edit:

Another one. Only Suisei upstages Suisei.

:ironmousekek:

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

SpaceCrow

Is there anyone here who strongly follows Holostars JP?

I was watching Hakkas stream, having a good time, and he raided into a JP senpai. Izuru. I literally don't know who this is, though that's probably not surprising. For a moment, to establish reference from my point of view, the EN boys make up to the top of the pyramid (mostly because of mah boi Vesper), with the girls from all branches filling the middle and...sorry my dudes, but Stars JP, I don't know you much. Love Pizza Dad but really dont watch clips from him all that often.

Digressing to the point, I listened to Izuru speak his moon runes for a bit and watched a bit of his stream, and holy fucking shit, he has an extreme case of Plate-Face. Shit makes me sad. Is this the average state of Stars JP?

So overall my question, for the anyone who actually understands what's going on with them, how is Stars JP doing? Yeah yeah, I've seen the previous slapfights about it, and they're not wrong: "You wat them to succeed but you don't actually follow them." Yeah, that's right, I don't, I have no fucking clue what they're saying, no shit, they don't have many clips, etc. I'm asking out of personal curiosity though and this is the best place to do so: Does anyone have a good understanding of how Stars JP is doing? Im looking at this guys unfortunate model, while EN is doing decent, and I cant help but want to read a report on how Stars JP is doing.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

I was watching Hakkas stream, having a good time, and he raided into a JP senpai. Izuru. I literally don't know who this is, though that's probably not surprising. For a moment, to establish reference from my point of view, the EN boys make up to the top of the pyramid (mostly because of mah boi Vesper), with the girls from all branches filling the middle and...sorry my dudes, but Stars JP, I don't know you much. Love Pizza Dad but really dont watch clips from him all that often.

Digressing to the point, I listened to Izuru speak his moon runes for a bit and watched a bit of his stream, and holy fucking shit, he has an extreme case of Plate-Face. Shit makes me sad. Is this the average state of Stars JP?

So overall my question, for the anyone who actually understands what's going on with them, how is Stars JP doing? Yeah yeah, I've seen the previous slapfights about it, and they're not wrong: "You wat them to succeed but you don't actually follow them." Yeah, that's right, I don't, I have no fucking clue what they're saying, no shit, they don't have many clips, etc. I'm asking out of personal curiosity though and this is the best place to do so: Does anyone have a good understanding of how Stars JP is doing? Im looking at this guys unfortunate model, while EN is doing decent, and I cant help but want to read a report on how Stars JP is doing.
Izuru is the Ayame of Holostars,Robe san just had a solo live,Gan san still got invited to GTA RP and they had their 4 anniv a few weeks ago.The only problem with them right now is Uyu from UPROAR who is about to became the first 2-view in Holostars story.
I Wouldnt worry that much about models when they have more 3D than HoloID and HoloEN

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

You shouldnt worry about Izuru the guy is very different in contrast with someone like Astel for example who pushes for a lot of things with managment.
The only Stars JP problem right now is UPROAR not doing enough with Ganma being the only one that is doing OK.It doesnt look there will be a new gen after them

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

Izuru was a particular case because his demeanor could change drastically in a solo stream, he had the most fun when he was in collab particularly with Astel because they clicked so well (along with the already graduated Kagami Kira, their collabs as chibistars are still one of my fav from his) though I don't tune on him much because I avoid fps stream at regular.
The problem with his stream vibe is that he used to be a lot more blunt (he used to host his own radio-style stream where the topic revolves around social interaction and like) but he reached a tipping point back then because he attracts lots of unruly younger women fans who don't care about general etiquette and had to directly told them off to shut it off (similar to Axia's fangirls problem but in a lesser extent because it was mostly toward the english-speaking people), added to his own menhera tendency and was practically in drought during his college years.
He has been more reserved recently and evidently has been doing less stream because he wanted to focus on a couple of projects and his part-time job since he finished his study already, but you won't see him being high-tension often unless he gets dragged around by his friends because that's just how he is

For holoJP as a whole, my opinion is mainly formed from the main og9 because I'm not all caught up with uproar besides Rio, and to me, they're just mostly stagnant for this year. There has been a general worry among the fans because of the lack of big events and the generalization of birthday merch (and anniversary merch being optional) but I don't think it means something worrisome for a holostars scale, last two years have been the most active the branch could ever be with two concerts back-to-back and proper live event anniversary and for this year they're still making a consistent appearance in various place like radio-shows, joint paid concert, promotional interviews and so on (heck, Oga got to voice act in a Sunday-morning tokusatsu show recently). It just seems barren because a lot of things they did this year are external things instead of the branch's own project.

It's understandable where the worry comes from though, anything Holostars do will never be on the scale of what the main Hololive branch did. Some of them had to wrestle with their own management just to get their own project approved, and most of them don't really treat Holostars as their main job. But do remember that they had to do a quick bounce after losing Tsukishita Kaoru-- someone who actually helped Holostars kickstart their brand to non-JP watchers thanks to his one-hit beyblade asmr and overall being true to its otokonoko bit, and Kagami Kira who had to retire due to its awful physical condition. Old fans could only dream of seeing their oshi in 3D let alone a full-scale concert back then and it was someone like Rikka and Roberu who had helped take the much-needed momentum to make HolostarsJP the way it is now.
Whatever is going on with the JP side now is still much better than the treatment they got during their first year but still, it's going to pose a problem soon if they're not doing something to attract more fans in the future

The only problem with them right now is Uyu from UPROAR who is about to became the first 2-view in Holostars story.
Uyu kinda shot himself in the feet for having odd streaming hours and taking a huge break due to his moving issues not gonna lie, though he always strikes me as someone who treats this gig as his second job.

Frankly, I just think a lot of promotion for HolostarsJP doesn't work because they're also comically stuck in between the crazy holounicorns and people who just don't care about males. Sure there are still some holofans who watches them regularly but if they're planning to continue this for a long time there needs to be an actual direction about what kind of fans they wanted to attract rather than selling the "underdog" story over and over.

Goon

Flat chest connoisseur
Just getting around to the Yuko ASMR now. Barely 5min in and she's talking about getting off in the shower right before stream. Cumbuds eating good tonight it seems. Not sure what I expected.

links dead

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Online Report Day 1 with Pekora for FGO Fes.

Before this, they had a stream with announcements for FGO, they showed the new summer event and revealed the new summer servants (Castoria, Suzuka Gozen and Kuro) and new skins (Gawain,Lancelot and Tristan).
fgosummer1.jpg
fgosummer2.jpgfgosummer3.jpg

Kalion

:)
Interesting tidbit from the ongoing Mint/Mimi/Hina stream: For Hinabobina's IdolEN watchalong stream, Idol required her to turn on Twich's "User must be verified via email and phone number to chat in this channel" option.

Hff201

Early Adopter
1690611565075.png
Did something actually happen, or is anon just schizoing again?

Interesting tidbit from the ongoing Mint/Mimi/Hina stream: For Hinabobina's IdolEN watchalong stream, Idol required her to turn on Twich's "User must be verified via email and phone number to chat in this channel" option.

That seems like an oddly specific request, which isn't unheard of for stream sponsorships but I'm wondering what Aviel thought doing this would achieve/prevent. Are they really that scared of driveby drama/roommateposting/Jew jokes that they need to pre-emptively shut it down?

EDIT: Unless he was paying them based on the CCV they pulled on the day, I'm not sure if mandating verification for the chat counts unverified viewers in the CCV or not.

Last edited:

SpaceCrow

Izuru was a particular case because his demeanor could change drastically in a solo stream, he had the most fun when he was in collab particularly with Astel because they clicked so well (along with the already graduated Kagami Kira, their collabs as chibistars are still one of my fav from his) though I don't tune on him much because I avoid fps stream at regular.
The problem with his stream vibe is that he used to be a lot more blunt (he used to host his own radio-style stream where the topic revolves around social interaction and like) but he reached a tipping point back then because he attracts lots of unruly younger women fans who don't care about general etiquette and had to directly told them off to shut it off (similar to Axia's fangirls problem but in a lesser extent because it was mostly toward the english-speaking people), added to his own menhera tendency and was practically in drought during his college years.
He has been more reserved recently and evidently has been doing less stream because he wanted to focus on a couple of projects and his part-time job since he finished his study already, but you won't see him being high-tension often unless he gets dragged around by his friends because that's just how he is

For holoJP as a whole, my opinion is mainly formed from the main og9 because I'm not all caught up with uproar besides Rio, and to me, they're just mostly stagnant for this year. There has been a general worry among the fans because of the lack of big events and the generalization of birthday merch (and anniversary merch being optional) but I don't think it means something worrisome for a holostars scale, last two years have been the most active the branch could ever be with two concerts back-to-back and proper live event anniversary and for this year they're still making a consistent appearance in various place like radio-shows, joint paid concert, promotional interviews and so on (heck, Oga got to voice act in a Sunday-morning tokusatsu show recently). It just seems barren because a lot of things they did this year are external things instead of the branch's own project.

It's understandable where the worry comes from though, anything Holostars do will never be on the scale of what the main Hololive branch did. Some of them had to wrestle with their own management just to get their own project approved, and most of them don't really treat Holostars as their main job. But do remember that they had to do a quick bounce after losing Tsukishita Kaoru-- someone who actually helped Holostars kickstart their brand to non-JP watchers thanks to his one-hit beyblade asmr and overall being true to its otokonoko bit, and Kagami Kira who had to retire due to its awful physical condition. Old fans could only dream of seeing their oshi in 3D let alone a full-scale concert back then and it was someone like Rikka and Roberu who had helped take the much-needed momentum to make HolostarsJP the way it is now.
Whatever is going on with the JP side now is still much better than the treatment they got during their first year but still, it's going to pose a problem soon if they're not doing something to attract more fans in the future

Uyu kinda shot himself in the feet for having odd streaming hours and taking a huge break due to his moving issues not gonna lie, though he always strikes me as someone who treats this gig as his second job.

Frankly, I just think a lot of promotion for HolostarsJP doesn't work because they're also comically stuck in between the crazy holounicorns and people who just don't care about males. Sure there are still some holofans who watches them regularly but if they're planning to continue this for a long time there needs to be an actual direction about what kind of fans they wanted to attract rather than selling the "underdog" story over and over.

Are you a native JP speaker or English as second/tertiary/etc. language? As I was reading, I only saw one or two hints of that in mistakes in writing, though largely all great writing. Checked your profile, only two posts, and your name says it pretty well: Lurking.
I'm sorry to bring attention to that, but it's more interesting if you're someone who actually understands Japanese because you may have some greater insight to the situation. Your post, VERY LONG as it is (and I will not do it justice in response), shows that you're someone who pays a lot of attention to this subject as well. This is awesome, you are someone who pays attention to a very specific topic. This is especially important on a forum where people are dedicated to gathering information about the given subject.

I feel bad for not mentioning Roberu, Astel, and Oga. Roberu has always got a ton of clips and is always hilarious, despite the language barrier. Oga I've noticed as being one that frequently "breaks containment" with the Hololive members. Astel at times almost seems like a figure-head for Stars. Special mention for anyone putting their eyeballs here, the "Yatta" cover with JP and EN is fucking hilarious, especially after learning what the song is meant to be about.

I'm only familiar with the graduated members of Stars through reading wiki-pages about them, and very few clips from them, sadly.

As for their direction, yeah, I don't fuckin' know. I can't know in part because I don't get JP culture at times. I'm American and I think that appealing to the unicorn/fujo/gachikoi/etc. mindset is fucking shameful, and that appealing to those mindsets is just as bed. As well, the VTuber following is largely men, and we wanna see Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, so the simping is going to happen. Especially the SHONDO_NO_MALES_STREAM.WAV reaction. I assume the following conversation becomes something about differing cultures, and that's very well interesting, but fuck, I just want good dudes and good gals to get the respect the deserve. Shits complicated I guess.

At the end of the day though, I just want Vesper back.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Did something actually happen, or is anon just schizoing again?
This was her member's post today, just happened to find it on PCG, just now, weird, would never dare posts a members post directly
whataretheodds.PNG

Looks like needy schitzo fanstuff. Like she ego searches and sees (assuming) VT posts saying she doesn't interact on twitter (good panko)
so she mentions she doesn't use socials on break. Now emboldened, schitzo takes another shot, many such cases.

PekoWick

Online Report Day 1 with Pekora for FGO Fes.

Before this, they had a stream with announcements for FGO, they showed the new summer event and revealed the new summer servants (Castoria, Suzuka Gozen and Kuro) and new skins (Gawain,Lancelot and Tristan).

Jesus christ the quality of stream is so shit. Shit audio, Freezing L2D and there is like 2 seconds of delay when pekora is talking to MC.

Anyway she will have a figure
1690612823672520.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This was her member's post today, just happened to find it on PCG, just now, weird, would never dare posts a members post directly
View attachment 38236
Looks like needy schitzo fanstuff. Like she ego searches and sees (assuming) VT posts saying she doesn't interact on twitter (good panko)
so she mentions she doesn't use socials on break. Now emboldened, schitzo takes another shot, many such cases.
Vtubers should stay away from 4chuds.

Hff201

Early Adopter
View attachment 38236
Ah, so they're just being a little bitch, got it.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect streamers to be active on social media when their time can be better spent doing literally anything other than being active on social media. It's one of the worst facets of online entertainment compared to traditional entertainment; if the talents want to commit the unholy sins of being productive or spending time with their families rather than providing banal running commentary of every moment of their lives, then these people get uppity because they have nothing to replyguy to for attention.

I know social media addiction's common among pretty much every demographic now, so as a general word of advice from me to you: if you're at the point where you're multitasking regular day-to-day activities like working, spending time with friends/family, or even watching TV/playing videogames with reading and replying to tweets, then that is a problem, and you should brute force the habit away by any means necessary - especially if you have it on your phone so you're tempted to check it when you're away from your PC. Social media should at most be used to kill time when you have nothing else to do, it shouldn't eat into your more substantial commitments or hobbies. It's easy to become addicted to it because over time you condition yourself to accept the rapid-fire shots of dopamine from quick bursts of interaction as normal, so more slow-burn interests leave less of an impact, in a similar way to how people who smoke weed long-term have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms whenever they're even slightly bored, because they're so used to having that ongoing high as a bare-minimum. Cut it out before it becomes a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom