"I thought I understood male anatomy"Nanashi Mumei

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
I believe lower-priced tier doesn't work since gifted membership has a minimum of $5 per gift. Anyway, I believe Ame had the same thought at the start (she also tried to introduce a gifted membership tier), but as time went on she learnt to accept it, even thanking them on-stream multiple times.
It's possible to make gifted memberships lower than $5 but only if no $5 tier exists (it will take the next lower one closest to $5). So it would be possible to force the gifts to be lower if they deleted the $5 tier, but I think they didn't want to force the $5 members to buy a higher tier if they wanted to keep their membership.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
She was able to make a $3 tier eventually with just emotes that I think is the gifted tier for her.
I believe lower-priced tier doesn't work since gifted membership has a minimum of $5 per gift. Anyway, I believe Ame had the same thought at the start (she also tried to introduce a gifted membership tier), but as time went on she learnt to accept it, even thanking them on-stream multiple times.
Yeah I was about to say I remenber the reaon it didnt work is because it will always take the highest tier under 5$ that is available and she would have to create a new tier over 5$, which would force all old members to move.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
The Tempus 2.0 6-month stream is pure perfection. Flayon isn't saying much because he is drunk and sleepy.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
The solution is obviously to have Nina join Tempus.

I never realized how sad I could be over the idea Tempus won't have female members.

tihs suolhd cmoe as no spriruse but msot of the popele on tihs fruom are eheitr ESL or itaieltrle in tiher own lugganae

I will never not hate that this shit works the way it does.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Looking at her reply down below, she was definitely more sassy and outspoken as Senzawa.

I don't get how someone can become 4 times more popular being a watered down version of themselves.
Actually I lied, I know exactly why, but I still hate it!

Kalion

:)
Very reusable clip:

Last edited:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Considering A-chan and Nodoka's artist, Ordan (Blessed be His name), drew that art, it is basically official art in my book.

Speaking of Ordan, I am still not over his design for Sora's latest outfit. I like it way too much.
View attachment 34997
agreed, sometimes in the vtuber design less is more. Now that vtuber models are getting ridiculously complex with all the knick knacks and what not, normal everyday clothing is great nowadays.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Some tidbit's from today's SS Isa drawing stream.

- Attended an art school
- Talked about two professors, one of which tried to "haze" her in the first couple weeks by giving her D's on all her assignments regardless of quality in the first week.
- Has designed other Vtuber's outfits, perhaps in a past life
- Has a good understanding of human anatomy even naming important muscles to keep in mind while drawing people
- Her oshi's are Pomu and Fauna, she also liked Nina but...
- When doing art, she hates sketching process the most but loves rendering
- Designed and does all the art for her own model, but doesn't do the rigging

Today's sketch, done in about ~40mins. All the time before was mostly goofing off.
image.png

Showed off the original sketch she made for her own model that the rigger was given.
image.png

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
You heard her, 8k subs by August and she'll play the canadian fantasy game Baldurs Gate 3

Archive

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
College does radicalize you but it doesn't always turn you into a troon lover. Sometimes you'll find people that get exposed to the insanity and get completely radicalized against it that they're rethinking their opinion of the Nazis.
I wouldn't say it radicalized me, but it did make me very aware that people on the other side of the aisle really don't have the answers for how to live a good and happy life, and a great many of them, taken from a sample of highly intelligent and well-socialized strata of society, are on at least one psych med (antidepressant or antipsychotic) to try and cope with life.

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
What makes this even funnier is that in FGO, there's a Servant named Medb who's a Rider mainly because she rides men.
Ah yes, the woman who was killed with a piece of cheese.
She only likes cream cheese, butter and jam as spreadable, no peanut butter.
She's dead to me. /s

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
agreed, sometimes in the vtuber design less is more. Now that vtuber models are getting ridiculously complex with all the knick knacks and what not, normal everyday clothing is great nowadays.
It's an unfortunate situation where because there are so many vtubers now, having a simpler design means your character is more likely to look similar to an existing one, and with the community being how it is someone's bound to see that as stepping on toes - not to mention it's hard for a simpler outfit to leave a lasting first impression. Having the first outfit be more complex then bringing in casual outfits later seems like a workaround for that, Mumei's a good example:

1688886020515.png1688886068581.png
The first design, while I like it, is fairly busy. The dress is pretty complex with multiple layers, she has hair accessories, and she has the mismatched stockings (which is an odd fashion choice I see a lot with vtubers but barely ever in anime or real life). It's unique, and it's the first design you think of when she comes to mind. The second is just a normal outfit that's probably not too far off what she'd actually wear in real life. If this was the first we'd seen of her there's a chance the design would have blended in with the countless other "anime girl in casual clothes" designs out there; but since the first design left an impression you just think "yeah that's a comfy Mooms".

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
What makes this even funnier is that in FGO, there's a Servant named Medb who's a Rider mainly because she rides men.
I'm guessing Irys was primarily exposed to F/SN by the nsfw art, particularly the Rider x Shirou stuff. :smugina:

Ko'one is still going, and with an audience of 21k.:koronehappyl:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
God I fucking hate it when Twitter learns a new word
Twitter doesn't learn anything, they parrot without any understanding of meaning.

Also, I wish we had planet-killing foam sandwich covers that kept our takeaway food warm. Oh, and Rax Roast Beef. I miss that place.
Better than when they get a word completely wrong. That short era of twitter where they used the word "bombaclot" (a jamaican insult, like "asshole" or something)
Actually, it means "cunt'. The bumbaclot (correct spelling) refers to a tampon or similar. So, basically Twitter were all being cunts.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
It's an unfortunate situation where because there are so many vtubers now, having a simpler design means your character is more likely to look similar to an existing one, and with the community being how it is someone's bound to see that as stepping on toes - not to mention it's hard for a simpler outfit to leave a lasting first impression. Having the first outfit be more complex then bringing in casual outfits later seems like a workaround for that, Mumei's a good example:

View attachment 35007View attachment 35008
The first design, while I like it, is fairly busy. The dress is pretty complex with multiple layers, she has hair accessories, and she has the mismatched stockings (which is an odd fashion choice I see a lot with vtubers but barely ever in anime or real life). It's unique, and it's the first design you think of when she comes to mind. The second is just a normal outfit that's probably not too far off what she'd actually wear in real life. If this was the first we'd seen of her there's a chance the design would have blended in with the countless other "anime girl in casual clothes" designs out there; but since the first design left an impression you just think "yeah that's a comfy Mooms".

Another contributor to this is the disconnect in vtubing between the character and the person. The first design is introducing a new character, with it's own theme and background. The second is still recognizably the same character, but now she's an established character; people no longer need all those design details to inform them what type of character this is. Moreover, since it's an expression of the streamer's real personality, the established character is not necessarily what you would expect from the initial design. The vtuber plays the character at first, but over time she builds an audience based on her own personality. The character gets sort of consumed by the person playing the character. Ina's "Gamer" design compared to her original one is also a good example of this.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
As a red blooded American, I refuse to be judged in any capacity by a dirty Leaf. Forcefully deport his/her ass and erect a wall on the North border so he/she can never even catch a whiff of our freedom injected, proud American chickens again.

Also, even though I've never had Canes: mother fucker, it's fast food. Most people eat fast food because we're too lazy to do anything else at the time, not because it's high quality food. Delete the DoorDash app from your phone and go look for some local cuisine or a mom-and-pop place for better quality food.
Please, this is from a country that thinks Tim Hortons, King of Donair and poutine is haute cuisine.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Will he fall?

After that clip posted earlier of Asmongold getting the feels from watching a vtuber notice him, he tried to poke his head into Anny's twitch stream.

Unbeknownst to Asmon, it wasn't a live stream but a VOD.
Clip of Anny's reaction to Asmon being a retard

Anny commenting on his youtube clip

Last edited:

GOTBB

Tried looking to see if this was posted and didn't see anything. Someone posted the first pic saying it's kirsche / kirschey. Second pic is the context looking at discord currently.
She kind of looks like the Fauna dox...in the face... from when she was in college anyway...

No Name

tihs suolhd cmoe as no spriruse but msot of the popele on tihs fruom are eheitr ESL or itaieltrle in tiher own lugganae
I hate the fact that I read all of that without any issues.
I'm not a fan of models with half a million knick knacks around the face. If the model has a party going on below the shoulders it's all fine by me. I won't be getting flashbanged by an orgy of colors since most streams won't show the whole model.
and she has the mismatched stockings (which is an odd fashion choice I see a lot with vtubers but barely ever in anime or real life).
Mismatched stockings look retarded irl. Thank Allah it's not a popular trend.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom