"Men are easy, just be nice to them"Nina Kosaka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Pipkin Pippa's 100k foot reveal has been an absolute disaster for the vtubing community

Mehk

Nana announcement soon.

Could be a nothing burger like some merch or something more substantial. I don't feel there's been anything to warrant bad news.

Looks like we know what the good news is for Nana. Oh and also ex-cyberlive frenchie Emma Oumiya is joining as well. No idea where the Mako shark girl is from though, but looking at twitch she has about 17k follows.

Mako shark doesn't have a bad singing voice on her though. Her first original from a year ago:

Also a cover:

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Quick, post your username if you joined Nijisanji

I'm Stun N. Stumber
Agile Lily
Gul Gility
Handy D. Mann
Varimathra Crossnauzer
Mustapha Muscleborne
Hidetsoyushi Quincy
Flux Flucsia
Arcas Acratosphere
Bolz Lonnyasu
Nud Noodles

Kalion

:)

Looks like we know what the good news is for Nana. Oh and also ex-cyberlive frenchie Emma Oumiya is joining as well. No idea where the Mako shark girl is from though, but looking at twitch she has about 17k follows, so not a "big" fish.

When the hell did PRISM get SEVEN generations?! I swear I haven't heard of them since the second.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Since we are still in the topic for Stars, I've always been wondering, how would Hololive have turned out if Holostars had never been a thing? Imagine in an alternate universe, Cover never thought of starting a male branch, and 100% focus all their effort on the girls.
  1. More funding and support for the girls on average?
  2. Faster debuts? Maybe we would have already gotten EN3.
  3. More unity within the fanbase? The toxic unicorns will still be there but won't have the chance to be exposed as one.
One potential downside (or upside depending on how you feel about certain girls) I can think of is that some of the girls are fans of the Stars, like Bae for Roberu, and I think Kobo for Izuru? If Stars doesn't exist, maybe they won't jump into the rabbit hole, maybe they won't be interest on applying. We might end up getting a different Bae and Kobo.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Already started, but the final stretch continues with AoE2

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Since we are still in the topic for Stars, I've always been wondering, how would Hololive have turned out if Holostars had never been a thing? Imagine in an alternate universe, Cover never thought of starting a male branch, and 100% focus all their effort on the girls.
  1. More funding and support for the girls on average?
  2. Faster debuts? Maybe we would have already gotten EN3.
  3. More unity within the fanbase? The toxic unicorns will still be there but won't have the chance to be exposed as one.
One potential downside (or upside depending on how you feel about certain girls) I can think of is that some of the girls are fans of the Stars, like Bae for Roberu, and I think Kobo for Izuru? If Stars doesn't exist, maybe they won't jump into the rabbit hole, maybe they won't be interest on applying. We might end up getting a different Bae and Kobo.
doubt it, most of their issues with the women are lack of time from them rather than the company necessarily having too much on its plate (if anything, Niji probably deals with that more)
HomostarsJP was a pet project that survives decently well but it does get pet project billing, ENstars do relatively little things at the moment so i doubt they take resources or support away from HoloEN proper

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Does she though? Phase doesn't seem to give a shit about piracy or emulation Pippa played an emulated copy of pokemon on stream multiple times now
She seems to think so, that was her response to people pushing for her to join PC, and she's the one who deals with the issue on a daily basis rather than speculating on a message board.

FoxBearGranma

__ __ / \.-"""-./ \ \ - - / |

Looks like we know what the good news is for Nana. Oh and also ex-cyberlive frenchie Emma Oumiya is joining as well. No idea where the Mako shark girl is from though, but looking at twitch she has about 17k follows.

Mako shark doesn't have a bad singing voice on her though. Her first original from a year ago:

Also a cover:

Is this even a step up really? I know nothing of prism other than liking their character designs. But it only looks like a few of them actually have a reasonably higher ccv than Nana already got as an indie. Do they have good contracts where they don't take much maybe? I hope this isn't like machinima where they just sign people and leach money off of them.

RiverBear

Also a cover:

7th Gen? Not Invaders?
Huh
Weird
EDIT: I'm retarded. I thought it said Phase. Big W for Nana though
When the hell did PRISM get SEVEN generations?! I swear I haven't heard of them since the second.
Sony Music Entertainment money.
Some people think that Sony's plan to get "100 Generations" of VTubers is thru PRISM since their Japanese project isn't exactly catching on.

hololive ruined /jp/

Agile Lily
Gul Gility
Handy D. Mann
Varimathra Crossnauzer
Mustapha Muscleborne
Hidetsoyushi Quincy
Flux Flucsia
Arcas Acratosphere
Bolz Lonnyasu
Nud Noodles
A.Manda Hgenke-ss

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Nana announcement soon.

Could be a nothing burger like some merch or something more substantial. I don't feel there's been anything to warrant bad news.

Looks like Nana's getting Suisei'd into PRISM PROJECT:

"I can finally say I am being transferred into PRISM PROJECT as a new talent"

TL;DW:
- auditioned in August last year

Reasons why she's joining PP?
- PP has been acquired by Sony Music JP and is one of the reasons she auditioned. Says she always wanted to be a major music artist and thinks that being a Sony Music talent under PP at least gets her foot in the door.
- She has friends in PRISM Project. One of her friends was the key reference in getting her to write a song for them.
- Possibility of keeping her character as Nana Asteria - which is very important for her as it allows her to keep her channel & fans.
- Career-planning advice. Says PRISM's management team has a lot of experience in the industry. Cites her dream of wanting to do more content-creation and music and wants to get input from pros.

Personal goals under PP:
- Would like to release more high-quality original music. Being under PP/Sony helps her now that she'll have a team.
- "Wants to figure out how to make vtubing a sustainable career." Cites the team at PP as being a key.

Things that will change now under PP:
- She's been planning to show her fans a new outfit for a while now but will postpone that during her re-debut date (Friday next week)
- Her re-debut date under PP will be: June 30 JST/ June 29 for Burgers
- sneak-peek of the new outfit she'll be re-debuting with next week:
Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 23-45-53 General Vtuber Discussion.png
- Her current model will be retained but she will likely be streaming more with the new outfit moving forward.
- She will have two "blue-themed" gen-mates on re-debut
- she'll release more schedules because she's now contractually obligated to
- she'll have to be more wary of copyright as she now falls under the same JP corpo autism about music/game permissions
- she'll be deactivating her merchandise shop. She'll still honor current orders until end-of-month. All future merch will now be handled by PP.
- she'll be deactivating her Throne account soon as no other PP talent has a Throne account.
- she'll be stepping back from her Galaxy Gang Discord server so she won't be running it herself anymore and will be handing control/management to her mods. The Discord will remain but she'll be on the PP corpo Discord server now.
- Nana Asteria new original song "Call Unto You" will be released on July 7th

PRISM PROJECT Trailer for the gen she's debuting with:

Her gen-mates will also be two other already-existing talents:
- MAKO SAMESHIMA (Oh look... a shark vtuber. Where have we seen that before)

- EMMA OUMIYA (supposed to be a "Dungeon Boss")

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Wish we could get Enna's family on stream sometime

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax

Countdown begins, i hadn't actually realized it was so soon.

As excited as i am for it hopefully well get a return to normalcy and more streams once its over. right? Guys...

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Am this is very high levels of parasocial...

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Talking about Unicorns screaming this is in Vesper VOD
View attachment 32106
Knowing Vesper, he probably thought that shit was hilarious, if he even bothered to read it. Meanwhile, sane KFP commenters:
foto_no_exif (2).png
Kiara could use her senpai powers over Vesper and force him into a 3-way (or more) collab with Nina, since her and Vesper have interacted before as old people. Kiara’s Niji group collabs could be yet another source of suffering for him.
Old man with sassy women tormenting him sounds pretty hilarious and basically what the Vesper/Magni/Calli/Kronii group is. Except he would have no Magni to bully and would be at the bottom of the food chain. Legitimately sounds hilarious.
As excited as i am for it hopefully well get a return to normalcy and more streams once its over. right? Guys...
Gura and Mumei are the only ones that don't stream regularly.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom