"I'm basically a walking body-warmer"Ember Amane

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Here's Bettel's Unarchived Members Karaoke Stream(s)
Bettle Thumbnail.png
Mega Link 1 - Gavis Bettel - [Unarchived Karaoke] NEW SETLIST PRACTICE #gavisbettel #holotempus
Mega Link 2 - Gavis Bettel - [Unarchived Karaoke] ISP LET ME SING PLEASE (karaoke practice) #gavisbettel #holotempus
Mega Link - My Archived Videos

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
"HA.
NA.
MO.
RI.

[dramatic pause lasting several seconds]

RI.
NA.
TSU.
ah, shitte...
MI."

-An important announcement from our local Chinchilla, Hanamori Natsumi, who is not Natsume (the enemy)

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
I think there's a lot of spite behind the people who decide to go for shotgun when it comes to suicide, the mess you leave behind for the first person to find you is such a fuck you in particular that I'd only do for people I absolutely despise.
As much as I care about mental health, and as incredibly tragic as it is when someone's mind is so messed up they can no longer stand living a second longer, it's hard to keep sympathizing with someone actively attempting to traumatize as many people as possible, whether with their choice of exit method, or broadcasting specifically to people who cared about your content. At that point you're just a piece of shit.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord
If self-murder counts towards thou shalt not kill in christianity, Christ probably isn't where he's going.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
If self-murder counts towards thou shalt not kill in christianity, Christ probably isn't where he's going.
Wasnt he chinese? so Christ and the sin of suicide was probably the last thing that passed through his head. aside from the pellets
But yeah, aside for the morbidly curious people, streaming your suicide feels like a huge middle finger towards people who cared about you, at least he had the decency of not being graphic about it.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
As much as I care about mental health, and as incredibly tragic as it is when someone's mind is so messed up they can no longer stand living a second longer, it's hard to keep sympathizing with someone actively attempting to traumatize as many people as possible, whether with their choice of exit method, or broadcasting specifically to people who cared about your content. At that point you're just a piece of shit.
I think he picked the shotgun to ensure he wasn't walking away mess be damned

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Self-deletion is a Mortal Sin, which must be absolved through Confession under pain of eternal damnation - so prayers are absolutely needed in his case that he is absolved through God's mercy.

That being said, it could also be the case that he just used the quote without fully knowing the meaning. Either way, we probably won't fully know his mindset that drove him to his actions. Many unknowns in such a short amount of time only leads to speculation, it's probably best to wait it out.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Wasnt he chinese? so Christ and the sin of suicide was probably the last thing that passed through his head. aside from the pellets
But yeah, aside for the morbidly curious people, streaming your suicide feels like a huge middle finger towards people who cared about you, at least he had the decency of not being graphic about it.
Wrong, the last thing that passed through his head was a load of buckshot. :smugpipi:

Simp

I'm still shocked that they have one fucking dude handling it. Would it fucking kill their fragile Japanese souls to just make a fucking google sheet with view-only for visitors so the talents can at least see what the fuck they have for perms? Hasn't there been like a half dozen instances of talents asking for perms, them getting no response or notification when those perms are obtained, and then said talents finding out whenever someone else finally plays the game? I understand the colossal faggotry about playing around perms but holy fuck is Cover retarded about this.
I am pretty sure they have a google sheet or something comparable. Holos have mentioned reading about having perms. If the find out about it trough other streaming it is mostly because the did not read/ they did not check for updates is my guess. I doubt they have a alert funktion for new perms.

Edit: This Aka Supa in IRyS' chat.
foto_no_exif (3).png

He send one asking advice on becoming a v-tuber and moaning about Krooni to Kiara. Kiara told him to not badmouth her colleagues.

Fentanyl Floyd

4 YEARS SOBER
Wasnt he chinese? so Christ and the sin of suicide was probably the last thing that passed through his head. aside
I thought he was a flip? At least that's what the language his family was speaking sounded like to me

Edit:Looks like the vod was taken down
ScreenShot Tool -20230424043101.png

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Dying doesn't fix your personal problems afaik. Suicide is really rotten for those left behind. I'm sorry for what his family and friends will have to go through over this, I hope everyone gets the help they need (including the dead guy).

I guess we wait for Yuri's video message now, I'm not rrating until then. It sucks for her regular viewers.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
can't believe she abandoned yubi like that, this is so sad

in all seriousness, Uruka needs a good break to get herself together - fishman mandated, if need be
HOLY SHIT THIS IS SAD BUT ALSO EXCITES ME FOR THE FUTURE POSSIBILITY THIS HAPPENS TO RIE!
Irys just said superduper.
man dude I just be walking around the store and I see the word super and all I think is "superduper..." in an annoyed tone.
Have I really cursed you guys that bad. Honest answers please.

Um I don't have the stomach to watch but apparently this guy committed suicide live today.
The comments are enough to make me not watch. One references the sound of blood dripping
I'm not archiving it out of respect for him but I won't fault someone who does

I only knew you for that one Sawa animation but I hope you rest in peace man

Awww the video got taken down! I wanted to watch that, do you happen to have it archived? I know you said you didn't but did you really not archive it out of respect when we're supposed to ARCHIVE EVERYTHING!

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Awww the video got taken down! I wanted to watch that, do you happen to have it archived? I know you said you didn't but did you really not archive it out of respect when we're supposed to ARCHIVE EVERYTHING!
Left you a present on your profile princess :smugpipi:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

I don't even remember her putting it on a schedule, but it will start in a minute

Vox keeps shittalking the film.

Talk about a real boyfriend experience.
I do agree with your opinion though, but I prefer this legendary version of her to whatever she became as Kson, honestly I see them as two completely different people.
In all seriousness... Coco didn't change. Flesh streaming aside, Coco's content remained exactly the same as before. Both as an indie and in Talent Freedom Agency.

"Legendary" is right, because the Coco people picture in their heads never existed. They can get the genuine Coco experience right now. Just watch kson.

Turns out that the genuine Coco experience isn't all that unique once you throw in a couple thousand English speaking vtubers with big tits and unafraid of referencing butt plugs.

God's Strongest Dragoon

My take about yuri graduation is that it should be a warning for all people that keeps incentivizing people line Kirsche and other vtubers to join PC.

While we don't know anything about yuri termination, she lost her channel, model and everything else because of it. She did transfered the ownership of it to them, so yeah, next time when you want your oshi to join any company keep that in mind
That's kind of expected with all corps and I don't really get why people haven't figured it out yet. The model/identity has intrinsic value tied to it even after the talent retires. The corps will obviously want to own it because it disincentives talents from breaking away if that means you'll have to start over from scratch. Sure, there's been instances of vtubers "restarting" but they've typically only gained equal or more subs when moving to a bigger company (Rosemi) or they absolutely shilled the fuck out of their PL for months on end to help their fans transition to that new account (Kson).

In some of these smaller corps you'll see talents retain their models because the company is either failing, they don't understand negotiations, or the buyback will net them a more attractive amount relative to their size and they don't understand the effects that will have on other talents in their company. Once a talent is able to buy their model when they leave, that unspoken threat of "you start over if you leave" no longer hangs over all your other talents' heads. For these big companies like Cover, it is very unlikely you'll ever see this happen because whatever the talent is willing to buy it back for is never going to be enough. A talent could say, "I'll buy it for 10-20k" and that might be fine for some small corp because 10-20k is very valuable to them. For Cover, that shit ain't happening because that amount is minor to a company their size and the value of saying "you start over if you leave" in contract negotiations is so incredibly massive to a company with such colossally popular talents. Any decently competent corp will fight hard to get the rights to the model/identity. It isn't some "black company" behavior, it's just basic business.
I wouldn't be surprised after that initial 1 yr is up for a Cover talent, the merch consideration is substantial in the negotiations, as it is tied to the model/identity. If a talent gets to walk away with their model, Cover losses those merch sales and the talent is also incentived to leave and sell their merch by themselves. By retaining the model/identity, Cover likely keeps that in mind during negotiations to be more lenient with talent requirements during contracts negotiations. The whole "we expect you to stream x amount of times a week/month" likely goes out the window. Once you make it big enough, Cover likely doesn't give a fuck and probably says, "just do Holofes, birthday streams, and maybe 2-3 other events throughout the year so we can keep rotating in new merch to sell". It will always be worse to have a talent leave with their model/merchandising than to let them fuck off for 95% of the year while you bank on their merch.

In all seriousness... Coco didn't change. Flesh streaming aside, Coco's content remained exactly the same as before. Both as an indie and in Talent Freedom Agency.

"Legendary" is right, because the Coco people picture in their heads never existed. They can get the genuine Coco experience right now. Just watch kson.

Turns out that the genuine Coco experience isn't all that unique once you throw in a couple thousand English speaking vtubers with big tits and unafraid of referencing butt plugs.
You're right that Coco didn't change, the problem is the nature of the Coco experience did change though. It's like you said, the Coco shenanigans aren't that unique or interesting when you're fucking around in Vshojo with a bunch of other whores. Meanwhile when she's in "serious Japanese company with expectations of decency", her antics are far more exciting as all the other members are forced to become the "straight man" to her antics. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has a main cast where everyone is different flavors of crazy but it works because there's random folks that act as the straight man to their antics or sometimes half the cast is doing some stupid shit while the other half is suddenly the reasonable ones. It's like that recent "Teaching Pippa fashion" stream where somehow Lia is the voice of reason/straight man to Pippa's schizoposting. You can have multiple flavors of crazy that can bounce off each other but there's only one flavor of whore behavior.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
It's important to know that Superduper is super duper not Rie pretending to be a Rie anti.

By the way, Rie, next week's planner isn't up yet. How am I supposed to know if you're doing any collabs if you don't have your schedule up?
She's got her waiting room for tonight/tomorrow up at least.

Bug Eater

Huh, Selen's new waiting room stream sounds a bit ominous
hopefully its just a big project or (judging by her last developments) Apex shit she will do
Before VSaikyo she said she wanted to stream on Twitch more and get partner there, so it could be related to that.
She has also talked about doing a 1 month controller-only challenge with iPN (in Apex) when he gets back from Japan - the announcement might be that they were able to confirm who their coach is

(...please be nothing bad):takocope:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
She's got her waiting room for tonight/tomorrow up at least.

I can't help but notice that that thumbnail just so happens to match @superduper's reaction sticker whenever someone points out her connection with the Rie persona.

The plot thickens.

this shit

fuck it
I'm sorry Suichan but Millie still got the superior version

UberSoldat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom