"That’s god damn right chat! (slams water bottle) I just stare [snakes] right into the eyes and I'm like way more mentally ill than you are and they just stop, just like, 'holy shit' they start flicking their little tongues out and retract their fangs and are like 'O my God-I can carry bags for this bitch' (giggle) And they do! And they do "Juniper Actias

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
So I was just reading comment in a clip and I see this, I hate you all for ruining my brain:
View attachment 20927

I feel this place has gotten to much into my head, I swear I didn't use to see the phrase super duper so often before but I now I feel like some conspiracy theorist each time I see in the wild.
I am getting to the point where I am just going to create a web browser script that automatically replaces any instances of "super duper" with just the word "super".
My sanity can't take it anymore, I might end up at an actual asylum if this continues. I want to live in ignorance.:painpeko:

It gonna be all super duper Okay
:faunacry:

Last edited:

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
I am getting to the point where I am just going to write a web browser script that automatically replaces any instances of "super duper" with just the word "super".
My sanity can't take it anymore, I might end up at an actual asylum if this continues. I want to live in ignorance.:painpeko:
It gonna be all super duper Okay

Horo7618

No one in particular
Nice! Korone Holotalk this week!
1681765123488.png

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
So I finally got around to watching episode 1 of Oshi No Ko after hearing a few chuubas gush about it. And shit man...what a fucking rollercoaster. A whole ass anime in an hour and a half. I know it's more specifically about idols and not vtubers but it's funny to see the parallels.

I still can't believe they put Henri in an anime. Bold move.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Fanbases policing themselves is necessary to maintain its' health. In this instance, we - as Pippa viewers - do it in the form of pointing and laughing at the retarded actions of a handful of her regular viewers, Xynchro and JL7ten being the prime examples.

If community members aren't called out when they do extremely dumb shit, and if there's zero negativity or backlash to said stupid actions from them, their behavior becomes normalized to the newbies, and the result would be people thinking that Xynchro's video preaching at her over interacting with E-Drama or JL7's old trick of literally spamming to try and steer stream topics when he personally doesn't like something is good and acceptable behavior. It isn't and shouldn't be acceptable behavior. Completely ignoring these things would be how communities crumble into pure and complete cancer, and as such, the calling out of retards has to happen for the good of everyone, even if the effect we specifically have might be negligible-- it still must be said. I assume she understands that. Hell, even /pcg/ turned on that insufferable Xynchro video, called it discordfag garbage, and archivefag apologized for ever having it featured on stream.

It's not like we come at this stuff from the perspective of being outsiders or newfags. A decent chunk of us, or at least myself, have been here and watching since right near debut (in my case, 5 days after). It's not an attack on her community, it's members of her community, who regularly watch streams and have participated in discussion for a long time, calling out bad behavior and lolcow-tier shitters when we see it. Simple as.
It's true. A lot of us older holdovers from the Farms have been watching Pippa since the first months when Thhrang was pushing her on the thread there. I know I've been watching since her CCVs were lucky to break 100. The only difference between Thhrang, myself and others, and JL7 is we're not some deluded paypig who thinks because he was slamming tons of money at Pippa from the start, he deserves to have a say in how the streams go.

So I finally got around to watching episode 1 of Oshi No Ko after hearing a few chuubas gush about it. And shit man...what a fucking rollercoaster. A whole ass anime in an hour and a half. I know it's more specifically about idols and not vtubers but it's funny to see the parallels.
I've been reading Oshi No Ko since the manga premiered, and I'm over the moon hearing the reaction to its anime. It's a great piece of fiction, and I'm happy to see it's getting the recognition it deserves.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I think I just contracted cancer.

Man what a nostalgic image, imagine being allied with reddit, twitch, twitter, jontron, boogie, know your meme, shoe on head and having notch be on the side of the lefties, holy fuck how the world has changed. Ten years later and lot of people still fear gamerfagate like it's the vietnam war or the holocaust, maybe we should give them another one...

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Time is a flat circle. We're coming up on the 10 year anniversary of the original GooberGate, and my predictions are that there will be some kind of event that kickstarts an unironic big #ChuubaGate-type 'movement' which will occur sometime in the next year or two. Probably relating to vermintide, idunno.

Of course, I also predict that retards will try to make/force Pippa to be the leader of whatever the 'based' faction is, because in their minds, she'd be the living link between whatever new 'movement' crops up and the original movement due to her interactions with the potatoYamanba, completely disregarding the fact that Jim got the fuck out of dodge with that shit well over half a decade ago.

Fun times are coming, y'all.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Time is a flat circle. We're coming up on the 10 year anniversary of the original GooberGate, and my predictions are that there will be some kind of event that kickstarts an unironic big #ChuubaGate-type 'movement' which will occur sometime in the next year or two. Probably relating to vermintide, idunno.
I can't fucking wait. In fact has it ever really ended.

Can I join the hero faction? At some point there will be nowhere to run and its tiring

MyName

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
So I finally got around to watching episode 1 of Oshi No Ko
I've been reading Oshi No Ko since the manga premiered,
>Guess I'll give it a shot
>yes 12yo patient, I a DOCTOR will consider marrying you when you turn SIXTEEN
>OH NO My 16YO OSHI is Pergante!
>7 minutes in

maddad.PNG
Oh is going to get better?🌈

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
#ChuubaGate is coming, I can feel it.
0d3.jpg
Jim and Ralph are already vtuber adjacent from Pippa.
Sargon is vtuber adjacent from Fallenshadow.
Getting the gang back together.

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter

Of course, I also predict that retards will try to make/force Pippa to be the leader of whatever the 'based' faction is, because in their minds, she'd be the living link between whatever new 'movement' crops up and the original movement due to her interactions with the potatoYamanba, completely disregarding the fact that Jim got the fuck out of dodge with that shit well over half a decade ago.

Fun times are coming, y'all.
Don't you see? [Smugly chuckles] we just need Donald Trump to tweet at Pipkin Pippa. That'll really drive the vtweeters into a frenzy
signal-2023-04-17-16-45-19-792.jpg

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

in 2 hours Gura will be streaming once more. She will be playing Baldis Basics, very scary game for the shork as she is bad at math.

also here is a funny clip of Kronii interacting with Kanata.

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Panko on Tenma stream. Got Tenma to swear and do ten squats. She's trying to count them out in italian.

hololive ruined /jp/

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Anyone of you twitter user know how to download vids of twitter, if they are in this format?
I can only get the first one for some reason.
View attachment 20887
I have used it a few times. Works fine.

This place is practically sanitary compared to what /vt/ posts on a regular basis, and nothing can change my mind in that regard. Account creation and the rules/guidelines definitely play a part in Asylum Supremacy, props goes to Proctor and his hot pocket minions.

To me, it's already clear that there are talents among us, and that there might be some line of communication between them, but we'll realistically never know exactly who outside of an incredibly hyper-specific and hypothetical meltdown that is just as equally unlikely to happen. Or this could just be copium to an incredible degree, and we're just prone to coincidence after coincidence on a near-daily basis.

Except for me, of course, I'm just this guy, you know?
People love to ego search so yes, Vtubers probably know about us especially since the homeland's thread basically froze up after the great troon wars.

This has got me thinking. If I started posting on pcg again, would it literally be as bad as if I was posting on here? Or is it okay to post hate just because it's on pcg in her eyes?
Tried reading the EIEN thread earlier today and while im sure some of the people there are shitposting as if they were retarded schizos, im sure a good number of them are not pretending.

Why do you motherfuckers care so much about moldy pippa's opinion of this site? It's like you need to prove yourselves to a chuuba just because you like her, fuck that and fuck you. I'll be as negative as I want and say what I really think about people without my opinion being influenced by "keeping up appearances".
I somewhat agree. You might be a femboy sometimes but I appreciate having you around.

It's not like we come at this stuff from the perspective of being outsiders or newfags. A decent chunk of us, or at least myself, have been here and watching since right near debut (in my case, 5 days after). It's not an attack on her community, it's members of her community, who regularly watch streams and have participated in discussion for a long time, calling out bad behavior and lolcow-tier shitters when we see it. Simple as.
I do feel like we are the minority though. Eventually, the fandom and the newfags will take over.

I don't know if this goes here, but it's related to Korekore, a YouTuber involved in some Rushia's dramas. According to the tweet it seems like he was dating a girl, had unprotected sex with her, the girl talked to her friend about it, and fount out he was having sex with her too. They tried to talk to him, he threatened them, and the girls ended up committing suicide. The girls were 16 and 18, he seems to be 22.

Be aware, one of the comments has the video of the girls trowing themselves of a building.

>
Archive

Edit: to clarify, this is related to Korekore because it seems that he was the one who reported what happened, the person who committed the act seems to be a cosplayer. Neither English nor Japanese are my thing ( ̄ヘ ̄)

Its amazing how little it takes for some japanese girl to just off herself. But then again, Genshin players are pretty retarded. (missed the video of the girls doing a flip, twitter took the vieos off)

You are right that Pippa should try it again and see how it goes for her. Kick seems promising but still very early stages, no PayPal support is likely going to be a deal breaker though. If you want to subscribe you have to give them your card information, this seems to be due to the gambling stuff on that platform unfortunately. Would be a nice idea to have a vtuber corpo focus on Kick but its limitations would not go down so well.
Going to numberfag-theorycraft for a bit (as I usually do). Would be interesting to see if she can create a push on that website and get sponsored for it. She (and Sakana) could probably cash out over there and maybe see if they can get sponsorship deals from the page. Doing a full move would kill her audience but she could commit do maybe 2 streams a week over there and maybe get a fat stack of cash for it.

@God's Strongest Gaogetter found ur next target. Gyaru asmr

She needs to work on her mic settings. Too much static sound.

Odd that not supporting PayPal is seen as a negative nowadays. For most of its existence its behavior has been so odious that there were people, myself included, who wouldn't use a service at all if PayPal was the only payment option.
I don't think its more of a negative and more of a PayPal is possibly the best-known/most-trusted method to do business with other international people. Don't get me wrong, its a piece of shit and i wish it werent the case but they basically have a monopoly when it comes to internet banking.

That like a Hitlist for @God's Strongest Gaogetter
Remove that immediately!!!
Wonder how many of these will graduate in the following days. I hear @God's Strongest Gaogetter has the touch of death.

Clipped a part of Tenma's Baldur's Gate 3 Stream.

Ensok

Early Adopter
People love to ego search so yes, Vtubers probably know about us especially since the homeland's thread basically froze up after the great troon wars.
I hope Keeki knows that the rare times I've called her dumb is from a place of love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom