superpooperstrikesagain2.PNG

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :retard:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Are these feats supposed to impress me?
Wait there's a Mehlo discord now and I missed a watchalong. Frick
No, they're meant to show how little you've done for her.
@superduper you threw my other submission? :annoyedpippa:
View attachment 20878
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :retard:
thankful I didn't save mine. That shit was LONG.

I will now proceed to listen to Kronii ASMR to lessen the pain in my arm. Hopefully it's good, haven't got around to it until now.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I've already posted my daily Rie picture on Superduper's profile and I'm currently watching Rie's livestream.

@superduper and TVA have somehow memed me into becoming a himebito, fuck.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
It absolutely disgusts me that Froot gets away with this bullshit just because she has the VShojo brand tag. Anyone else would have been dog piled on pretty hard to the point where they have to do something, but instead we're just to pretend that the charity donation tweets never happened.

She still gets collabs with other vtubers big and small. She still gets opportunities deserved by better people. She could shoot up a school and people would still work with her and treat her like vtuber royalty because she's got that VShojo brand tag That "trans rights" collab went well without any trouble.

If someone like Pippa or Kirsche promised to donate something to charity and never did it, we'd never hear the end of it. Instead people literally lap up whatever Froot does. And of course, VShojo don't care about people who complain about this, because of these two words - TALENT FREEDOM!
I don't think it's the Vshojo brand (Ex: Silvervale). It's literally just her making the right noises (e.g. that tweet, not playing streaming Hogwarts Legacy).

And tbh, that tweet was blatantly brigaded (someone ran an ad for it on 4chan, and hell, TVA happily added to the like counter, too).

Would've been very easy to say "My tweet was brigaded by trolls, and I don't have the money to make the 57 k donation, but I'm of course still donating $XXXX!"

Of course, she didn't even do that, she just did nothing at all, and that's... incredibly bold of her, and incredibly pathetic of her TRA followers (slacktivists recognising fellow slacktivists, one imagines), but then again, she has faced exactly zero backlash for her /k/ Discord history, too, which is honestly more remarkable.

Because she sure as fuck didn't make the right noises a few years back.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
My brain autofilled it all with "kickvee" somehow, including the twitter handle. @Kick_vee_official does sound pretty good though :smugpipi:

I've been wondering myself with this kind of thing. I legitimately do think she hasn't intended to be like this for any reason, she's just also a socially inept autistic retard which has left the issue of no communication. She basically fumbles when approached by workers at places and was proud of herself for leaving her Japanese hotel room to go get a drink from a vending machine.
Obviously I'm not saying she should hard line just release TMI about dying or whatever, it would just be nice if she gave at least gave a comment on and off about shit going on. She has always struck me as the type of autist who would think "I don't want to say the wrong thing, so nothing at all is better." I would agree in a lot of situations. However when it's regarding a fanbase who is trying to support you for content you're having issues providing, silence can sort of just leave people feeling unappreciated or taken advantage of. So at least some attempt at keeping people updated with basically anything would probably curb a lot of it.

THAT said is it important to remember that as was pointed out recently decent part of the "anti-gura" wave is apparently a gayop. So I don't know how legit the actual size of it is beyond a few pissy comments here and there. Which is just typical daily stuff for streamers. Considering the absolute wave of shit we've seen other people for all kinds of dumb shit, it wouldn't surprise me if it only seems like Shark anti stuff just stuck out more because she's basically drama free otherwise. So could easily just be a loud minority looking big as can often be the case. (I.E Kronii's unicorn stuff with Tempus, other such dumb shit.)

Personally I'm honestly kind of worried for her and wishing her the best despite whatever. I do fully believe she has some shit going on what with all the issues she's talked about before. Fainting, hearing/seeing shit, the doctor stuff, etc.
Could she be bullshitting everyone? Well I won't ever discount anything entirely and especially not on the internet. Maybe it's the simp mode part of my mind running defense, but to me she honestly sounds bummed out and down when she DOES say anything on recent streams about the issues and lack of content. And if that's true then I could easily see the comments and such about it getting to her and making it worse. Could be why she had comments off for the watchalong post for example. (Minor edit*: She has comments enabled on said member post now having checked. Before the watchalong happened it had comments off though)
Hopefully she can avoid letting most of it get to her for the things she does catch while browsing and doing stuff until she can sort herself out.
It's not an excuse and communicating shit properly should be something her manager ought to either tardwrangle her into doing, or do it in shark's place.

I would honestly feel tempted to be more sympathetic to her if she wasn't stringing her fanbase along for a while with vague excuses, promises of either fixing her communication issues or streaming more, only to end up doing absolutely nothing about the obvious problem. Stuff like the Valentine's akasupa farming stream are distasteful too, even though I think that's probably something she was wrangled to do by management.

Gayops or not, dropping a note about an extended absence on the freaking YT community tab or Twitter is like 30 seconds of work at most; saying nothing looks just a bit disrespectful to her viewers' time and engagement and, in case of members who subscribe for member content also to their wallets.

I'm not sure if I sperged out about it before but if you have a membership with paywalled content, you are obviously selling a product and have an obligation towards your customers. You can't frame it as entitlement even if your own reasons for being a member may be different. There are ways of setting it up where it's obvious from the beginning that it's just a support system — Onolumi does it by providing the lowest possible price for the first tier to access emotes and no extra content on any of the tiers — but I imagine shark does not have an option to do that, being a product of Cover with the contracted talent having obligations towards them. Whether Gura has some sort of a chronic illness or if she, a grown woman, is socially maladjusted has no place in this equation.

In the end, Gura can do whatever she agrees to with her management but member chumbuds feeling like walking ATMs also have the right to be pissed. If I were them, I'd unmember and reconsider watching her until she improves, though, since whining only enables white knighting and Gura's word means very little (though at least now she came slightly more clean with "the new norm").

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
@superduper and TVA have somehow memed me into becoming a himebito, fuck.
I'm halfway convinced we're all getting played and a bunch of these vtuber indies are in a Discord giggling at us.

Fair play you bitches lol can't even get mad.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I was watching this and VT apparently caught that Sakana is following Sayu Okami (Zaion) 11:06 timestanp

I checked and it's real
Screenshot_20230416-223719-503.png
Other notable mutual followers
Screenshot_20230416-223810-035.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm halfway convinced we're all getting played and a bunch of these vtuber indies are in a Discord giggling at us.

Whores, my heart belongs only to Nene, no amount of gayops or psyops or social engineering will ever change that.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
From Mehlo Discord voice chat:
"I don't like gay men." -Marie Mehlo
totally not outta context

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I don't think it's the Vshojo brand (Ex: Silvervale). It's literally just her making the right noises (e.g. that tweet, not playing streaming Hogwarts Legacy).

And tbh, that tweet was blatantly brigaded (someone ran an ad for it on 4chan, and hell, TVA happily added to the like counter, too).

Would've been very easy to say "My tweet was brigaded by trolls, and I don't have the money to make the 57 k donation, but I'm of course still donating $XXXX!"

Of course, she didn't even do that, she just did nothing at all, and that's... incredibly bold of her, and incredibly pathetic of her TRA followers (slacktivists recognising fellow slacktivists, one imagines), but then again, she has faced exactly zero backlash for her /k/ Discord history, too, which is honestly more remarkable.

Because she sure as fuck didn't make the right noises a few years back.
My schizo take on the whole donation thing is that i expect that there is someone with a geniune grudge archiving most of this thats salivating for the day some of these e-thots get their day of the rake for whatever reason.

If/when they lose the good graces in the community im betting decent money the donation along with her previous /k/ommando comments about vermintide will conviniently go back into focus and every vtweeter under the sun will act like they knew she was giving lip service

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
the psyop is working wonderfully
yes, very well.
we must continue to monitor and strategize to get as many himebitos as possible...
I mean, huh wha?

Why do you think Proctor let such a thing fester in the forum? Someone must have quite a large sum of cash to throw around to flip the image of a certain PC talent... maybe a certain fish...

Last edited:

niggaphil

Whores, my heart belongs only to Nene, no amount of gayops or psyops or social engineering will ever change that.
Is this what latina girl did to you, causing you to have PTSD and only simp for best 2D Hologirl Nene? :smugpipi:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It's not an excuse and communicating shit properly should be something her manager ought to either tardwrangle her into doing, or do it in shark's place.

I would honestly feel tempted to be more sympathetic to her if she wasn't stringing her fanbase along for a while with vague excuses, promises of either fixing her communication issues or streaming more, only to end up doing absolutely nothing about the obvious problem. Stuff like the Valentine's akasupa farming stream are distasteful too, even though I think that's probably something she was wrangled to do by management.

Gayops or not, dropping a note about an extended absence on the freaking YT community tab or Twitter is like 30 seconds of work at most; saying nothing looks just a bit disrespectful to her viewers' time and engagement and, in case of members who subscribe for member content also to their wallets.

I'm not sure if I sperged out about it before but if you have a membership with paywalled content, you are obviously selling a product and have an obligation towards your customers. You can't frame it as entitlement even if your own reasons for being a member may be different. There are ways of setting it up where it's obvious from the beginning that it's just a support system — Onolumi does it by providing the lowest possible price for the first tier to access emotes and no extra content on any of the tiers — but I imagine shark does not have an option to do that, being a product of Cover with the contracted talent having obligations towards them. Whether Gura has some sort of a chronic illness or if she, a grown woman, is socially maladjusted has no place in this equation.

In the end, Gura can do whatever she agrees to with her management but member chumbuds feeling like walking ATMs also have the right to be pissed. If I were them, I'd unmember and reconsider watching her until she improves, though, since whining only enables white knighting and Gura's word means very little (though at least now she came slightly more clean with "the new norm").
I agree Cover need to intervene and say something. Without knowing who's saying what behind closed doors I don't think I can confidently blame Gura herself for what's going on, for all we know she could have ESL staff micromanaging everything she says, but the audience, especially paying members, have a right to a reasonable and non-invasive level of transparency. Even a simple "Gura may be unable to provide regularly scheduled streams for the foreseeable future" wouldn't hurt, just so people can make an informed decision about whether to buy into memberships etc..

I will say that while I don't want to discredit the good faith criticisms of how this is being handled, it's hard to get an accurate read on how many people are actually mad about it since an overwhelming amount of the discussion is poorly veiled dramabaiting. There's always at least five threads on the catalogue at any given time that exist solely to restart the timeloop, and I feel like if she were losing enough paying members to actually make a dent Cover probably would have rushed out some kind of damage control by now, since she's essentially the face of their company.

I guarantee you at least a handful of the Phase girls and probably fishfag share screencaps of the retarded antics they see in the wild with each other, the fake Pippa graduation notice arc proves he's at least aware of what goes on.

I hope he doesn't punish Rie for being here though, her posts are entertaining and there's a lot of cute pictures of her on her profile page.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
large sum of cash to throw around to flip the image of a certain PC talent... maybe a certain fish...
Everyone knows that bribe money is gonna get thrown at Cherry Fox anyways so its almost like Fishman hired her for invaders already

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

Addressing the part about paying members.

It has been approximately 9 weeks since she was officially back from her hiatus, she had done a total of 5 member streams, that's close to an average of 1 member stream per 2 weeks, which I think is a decent output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom