"There's this great game called 'The Last of Us' it's free on youtube!"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

Is streaming actually that stressful or intensive? Not just talking about Botan here, seems like just about every JP vtuber has come back from the doctor's office with something like 'doctor said that streaming is causing me crippling life problems'. Usually it is related to the voice, which is more understandable for singers and people who talk non-stop for several hours a day, but... still...

A healthy person could stream as much or more than the average Vtuber without any health issues, however the average Vtuber is a head case with an already unhealthy lifestyle, the brain bugs make them stress out even more than than a normal person, most are women (the biggest handicap) and many Vtubers are approaching their thirties (or beyond) which is when all your bad decisions start catching up to you.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
Back when Kiara was a toddler and her mother was visiting Marokko with her, someone made the offer to buy Kiara for 2 camels to her mom.
To be honest, this seems to be one of the longest-running jokes that arabic locals tell white tourists. The only thing that changes is who they want to buy: a child, a spouse, a girlfriend, a parent, sometimes even a sibling.
I wish that Kiara got to put her dance moves to use more often. She's certainly one of the best dancers in Holo and I'd like to see more of that content from her.
I think I remember that Bae said something about being a dancer in the past back during her debut... Did it ever came up again?
Is she taking a page out of not-sachi's book?

Senzawa is Gura's costume for this year's Halloween.

thirteenorphans

Or, as some people on 4chan says, she just want a account to play games and do stuff she cant do as Gura because of the restrictions.

Probably something really mundane.
Yes Occam's razor etc but indulging in a bit of rratery can be fun. What else are we going to do with our time? Watch a Gura stream?

I don't know if there's been an update but last I heard the permissions person for EN has left their job so now the entire EN branch is fucked for games permissions and it's the talent managers that have to negotiate with game companies. So using a roommate account to bypass the BS like DDK did is certainly viable.

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
Rrat time
Someone somewhere else pointed this out, Ame has been getting quite a bit of collabs... could it be that Hololive's #1 detective, Amelia Watson, will be gra-
I was wrong!!! It was actually Gura!

Everyone in Myth already uses their roommate accounts. I guess it's just her turn now.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I don't know if there's been an update but last I heard the permissions person for EN has left their job so now the entire EN branch is fucked for games permissions and it's the talent managers that have to negotiate with game companies. So using a roommate account to bypass the BS like DDK did is certainly viable.
1. The person went on break.
2. Seeing that they just got perms for a few games (like Gundam Evo and that one fishing game), they are probably back by now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I saw this in a comment on reddit, not sure if this is a coincidence.

The tweet was made at exactly 4:10am EST, on 4/10, it could be a reference to the "10-4 dinosaur" line from her OK Boomer song.

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Was it just her randomly getting angry or was chat somehow involved? She didn't archive the VOD so I guess I missed out on it.
Chat wasn't involved in any way (they were being nice and supportive to Lisa). I'm pretty sure what @Godzilla1984 meant by the image was that he is angry and ready to fuck up whoever was rude to Lisa. At the end of the stream she talked a little about personal (IRL) struggles at the moment and how she was disappointed by someone she thought she was close to. No anger from Lisa either, she was sad and was also apologizing about airing her personal problems during a stream.
Don't make sheep cry.
Simple as.

SmartSelect_20221004-061952_Twitter.jpg

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
I was wrong!!! It was actually Gura!

Everyone in Myth already uses their roommate accounts. I guess it's just her turn now.

I think it would be entertaining as hell to have all of Myth collab under their alternative accounts on the side. Everybody could loosen up and release their inner gremlins and not worry about corporate interference and stream any game they want, as long as they kept their names straight (even odds if it would be Karen or Keeki that would blow that little rule first). Hell, they could even hang out with banaNamie (Sana's current account), a lot of people would find that very cool.

oopsie by @nemokku.jpg

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
The topic of the outfit was already pointed out by other posts, but I'll only add this. Her mama (Artist) is the same one as Pekora. The artist might not like being asked for revisions (a big one in this case), being a famous vtuber "parent" might also exacerbate this part, and also they give priority to clients based on how big they are (so holo would come before phase, and they'd come before an indie, etc).

Edit: then you have this stream (which i have not watched, so maybe I totally misinterpreted it as well), which appears to be a drawn out joke about the word for crab in japanese sounding like "c*nny", the meme word for sex with children but anime or whatever:

edit2: I didn't even notice the thumbnail text until after posting here - "cute, powerful, and tasty", in this community, rings a little close to "cute and funny" to be a coincidence, don't you think?

Now, about this one, maybe you forgot to take your meds when you wrote it? Where do you make the connection from Crab to no-no square? This comes from a woman whose skin crawls when chat (or Airi) says wangy on stream because it sounds too similar to wang and also has yab connotations in another languages.
She's just autistic about crabs, has a crab pet, and also likes eating crabs.

IDK man, I don't want to start a spergout (the first one of the asylum), but you're projecting a bit much with this.

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter
This is a little bit old so feel free to hit me with clocks, but only just saw it. It came out right around the time the other thread started getting hit, so it might have been posted or it might have been lost. Figure others missed it as well.
Ado's Odo covered by Kotone and Polka.

I don't normally like Ado covers because Ado's voice is just too good, but this one might be the exception.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Is streaming actually that stressful or intensive? Not just talking about Botan here, seems like just about every JP vtuber has come back from the doctor's office with something like 'doctor said that streaming is causing me crippling life problems'. Usually it is related to the voice, which is more understandable for singers and people who talk non-stop for several hours a day, but... still...
I think it's more japanese problem in general (as well as passionate people who live their work). They work practically without weekends and vacations. And are in constant fear of doing something to upset their fanbase. They all need to have personal tardwranglers who will force them to rest and take life easy.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
The Kronii church rrat was disproven by Kronii herself right? I can't remember if I'm just making that up or not.
No definitive debunking that I know of, unless you count her shoddy doctrine lol. I see it like "Ame is a gun-toting libertarian" - it's funny to believe it's true and it may explain some of their behaviour, but it's not worth drawing out.

What gets me about this is that Botan works hard, but she's not a stream monster or prolific singer. She's also one of the more outwardly sensible Holos; at least, I've never heard her talk about aging sandwiches, getting infections in almost every orifice, or chasing her own blood with cappuccinos. So I have no idea what she could have been doing. Then again, she said her first thought wasn't "What? I don't want to die yet!" but "If this is how I'm gonna die, then so be it." She also said her father was the same - "so he didn't quit smoking and drinking till the end." (I don't know if she's said this about her father before.)

The last few times this came up, someone mentioned that streamers always have more work if they want it. Not live? You could go record that song or that dance. Or learn that dance. Or learn a new language. Or plan that collab or that sponsorship. Or sign merch. Or design merch. Or review designs. All of that done? Go live. And so on. It takes discipline to stop that.

SNOT in 13 hours. How are the rrats going to get their exercise if they can't run free?

Last edited:

Piarro

Early Adopter

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
I think it would be entertaining as hell to have all of Myth collab under their alternative accounts on the side. Everybody could loosen up and release their inner gremlins and not worry about corporate interference and stream any game they want, as long as they kept their names straight (even odds if it would be Karen or Keeki that would blow that little rule first). Hell, they could even hang out with banaNamie (Sana's current account), a lot of people would find that very cool.
Solution is to just call eachother "bitch," for example.

It would be truly magical to have all of EN calling eachother "retarded gorilla Yamanbas."

AmpleChip

I don't believe that Senz tweet has any deeper meaning, it's just another line on her list of random impulsive shit done on a moment's thought.
Chances are that Gurazawa has forgotten about the tweet by next morning.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
SNOT in 13 hours. How are the rrats going to get their exercise if they can't run free?

2022-10-04 09_57_27-Window.png

old tweet, but it should be made into a template with how regularly this tends to happen.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I don't believe that Senz tweet has any deeper meaning, it's just another line on her list of random impulsive shit done on a moment's thought.
Chances are that Gurazawa has forgotten about the tweet by next morning.
yea but i want to see vt burn

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

A combination of popularity pressure+background works+consistent stream can be devastating if you're not someone with an already healthy lifestyle (or at least willing to exercise for an hour a day), plus with how sitting for a long time while staring at a monitor constantly is bound to fuck up your eye and back eventually.
Holo talents generally have a hefty schedule even if they're not constantly streaming (recording for official program/hologra/songs/etc., attending events or practice, and so on) so they Have to be at least leading a mid-healthy lifestyle at a minimum so they won't get sick easily unless they already have a chronic illness by default.

Personally, if you're just VTubing as a hobby it's not going to be life-threatening stuff to do but otherwise, you'll have to take extra care of yourself unless you wanted to die young

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
A combination of popularity pressure+background works+consistent stream can be devastating if you're not someone with an already healthy lifestyle (or at least willing to exercise for an hour a day), plus with how sitting for a long time while staring at a monitor constantly is bound to fuck up your eye and back eventually.
Holo talents generally have a hefty schedule even if they're not constantly streaming (recording for official program/hologra/songs/etc., attending events or practice, and so on) so they Have to be at least leading a mid-healthy lifestyle at a minimum so they won't get sick easily unless they already have a chronic illness by default.

Personally, if you're just VTubing as a hobby it's not going to be life-threatening stuff to do but otherwise, you'll have to take extra care of yourself unless you wanted to die young

I think Korone is the only one with a really active lifestyle that keeps her fit enough to also be a top-level Vtuber. Just about everyone else has a mostly sedentary life, and streaming can just make that worse (20+ hour streams aren't healthy, kids).

VTuberBobDole

Let the rrats fly! Or crawl or whatever. Take your choice of "Cover fucked her 3d so hard she wants to quit" or "She's fed up with corpo life" or "This is Tempus' fault" or "She's negotiating with management".

More mundane options include needing to be active on Twitter every so often or your account is flagged or she's drunk after drowning her sorrows from losing her house in the hurricane.

Or, as some people on 4chan says, she just want a account to play games and do stuff she cant do as Gura because of the restrictions.

Probably something really mundane.

I'm guessing this is just an impulse thing or a test to see how it is reacted to. Keep the fires burning etc. Ame has done a couple random tweets and streams I think as Sachiowo and of course DDK and Keeki are very active on their alts. Shachimu (Mumei) tweets/likes stuff pretty regularly too. I don't keep up with Ina as much on her alts (or they don't find their way into my timeline somehow anyway) but she of course still does art for games and such, so she has that "side" hustle (I wonder which makes her more money at this point). So there's quite a bit of precedent for it happening in Myth/EN, but odd that she chose now to do it.

Introducing the new talent to VShojo spring 2023, Senzawa!

I think I might just quit vtubers completely if that happened...

yea but i want to see vt burn

It's probably a good thing that after being out/silent for a couple weeks that she randomly tweeted as Gura first and then Senzawa later. If she had been out like that and then suddenly Senzawa awakens, I could see vt going INSANE.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Is she taking a page out of not-sachi's book?

Archive

Japs are bitch made

Honestly Gura strikes me as one doing this to troll and make VT freak

Panko replied

Speaking of Vshojo

Edit:So according to tweets she came back the same day as whoever Sam O Nella is maybe she did it because he did as a goof? "2 Internet legends return on the same day"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom