"By the way I'm graduating, Sakana's finally firing me. Sakana said he doesn't wanna work with me anymore, so after this month I'm graduating. I wasn't cute and funny enough"Amaris Yuri

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Being shitted on aside, Ethyria is still able to do well anyway, so that's not exactly shitter-worthy. If anything I say the fujoshi pandering was the bad one, but then they went mixed-wave so it's not exactly an issue anymore (aside the existing ones.)
I mean, the fujoshi pandering isn't of interest for most of us (@Slutpuppies being an exception, IIRC), but it clearly worked, and while yes, the audience it generated is kind of crazy, that's not exactly new. Such is the path of GFE/BFE.

I'm not interested, but I can respect the work they put into it and the results it yielded.

kukkia

Early Adopter
I mean, the fujoshi pandering isn't of interest for most of us (@Slutpuppies being an exception, IIRC), but it clearly worked, and while yes, the audience it generated is kind of crazy, that's not exactly new. Such is the path of GFE/BFE.

I'm not interested, but I can respect the work they put into it and the results it yielded.
Yeah, if anyone thinks that pandering to fujoshi is mysterious they clearly don’t realize how willing female otaku are to spend tons of money. Yuri on Ice didn’t become one of the best selling anime of the 2010s due to its gripping story.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Irysondrugs.jpg

Nijiniggas will be destroyed

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
the magmo show by @swdrk_.jpg

bunch a fuckin comedians around here

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
"The intrusive thoughts have never been so powerful"- Fallen Shadow

Limkin

Hold on, I've been gone for a while. They terminated her? I thought they were still doing the obvious rational choice of keeping her suspended indefinitely so that...people can shit on Nijisanji for not keeping them updated?
She is already liking comments on her old PL videos with people greeting her back, saying they are happy to find this channel and being glad she got the boost but bailed on shitty company. She is terminated in all but having official announcement
Edit: how long does it take for YT to automatically cancel memberships if you don't put any new videos or streams on a channel? Maybe they are just trying to scrape every penny they can before announcing it, so people don't cancel it themselves. Seems to be in character for them

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Rin tells the chumbuds to fuck off in under a minute :whatastory:

hololive ruined /jp/

Rin tells the chumbuds to fuck off in under a minute :whatastory:

can't wait for this unfunny bongress to talk about ninja vs pirates and how she'd prep for the zombie apocalypse.

Not_glowie

Just lurking
Speaking of Ami. I gave her chatting streams a chance and is it just me or is she much more dangerous than your usual coomerbait GFE streamers? A cute funny girl who likes playing games, is willing to spend all time with you inside, and isn't disgusted by you. Isn't that like every nerds dream? Sure, you don't go out and do anything, but it feels like more and more guys actually like that. She's also either a great actress or actually parasocial with her chat, more than a normal healthy person should be. Anyway, her ASMRs are pretty good, if you can ignore the kettle...

I watched the VOD, it was comfy. I made mistake of reading comments, some cuck complains that Ami was hard to hear sometimes.
Get some headphones :nehgah::faqu:, I listened to it at like 15% and it was fine.
Kettle added to the atmosphere in my opinion.
Anyways: Ami cute :love:
I just hope that she stays wholesome vtuber, and never starts catering to coomers.

Edit.
Rin tells the chumbuds to fuck off in under a minute
:whatastory:

We need "Eww British" emote. Seriously, I hate that accent.

Kalion

:)
Get some headphones :nehgah::faqu:, I listened to it at like 15% and it was fine.
I have a theory based on comments made by chatters, but I assume the majority of stream viewers in general are on mobile without headphones.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
About NijiEN AR concert, I have read some rrats that it was Anycolor's attempt to one-up Cover with their respective EN branch, especially since it was announced during the period where people are starting to shit on Cover for their supposedly lack of support towards HoloEN (this was before Myth 3D showcase was announced). "Wow! A concert with 18 of them in 3D? And Cover can't even put out the 3D Debut of their first EN Gen lmao."

But then they realized that it was way too ambitious, especially when the concert is supposed to take place in like only 2 months later.

kukkia

Early Adopter
About NijiEN AR concert, I have read some rrats that it was Anycolor's attempt to one-up Cover with their respective EN branch, especially since it was announced during the period where people are starting to shit on Cover for their supposedly lack of support towards HoloEN (this was before Myth 3D showcase was announced). "Wow! A concert with 18 of them in 3D? And Cover can't even put out the 3D Debut of their first EN Gen lmao."

But then they realized that it was way too ambitious, especially when the concert is supposed to take place in like only 2 months later.
I don’t think Anycolor management is as plugged in to the EN rrats to make decisions based off of what shit people spew about Cover. The timeline also doesn’t work out because Luxiem and some others were apparently doing a lot of work in Japan for it before that period of shitting on Cover really kicked in. Which is why they seemed the most annoyed.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Rare afternoon Grimmi stream

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Eh, I think these are bad examples. The AR concert cancellation is the strange one. Those other decisions are pretty easy to understand. Whether they were good decisions is another matter, but they aren’t mysterious. IN streamed in English anyways so Anycolor likely just decided to rebrand them and try to get into the growing EN market. Didn’t work and the branch got canned (though Noor became staff, idk about the other two). ID (and KR) merger is also pretty understandable - it was almost certainly just about saving money. The two branches weren’t growing much, so just can their management and bring it all under the main branch.

I think Anycolor has made good decisions and bad ones (unfortunately often the latter when it comes to foreign branches). I don’t think that most of their decisions are hard to understand, however. The bad ones usual just share the common characteristics of either involving chasing a quick trend (often without investing enough to properly capitalize on it) or saving a buck.

IIRC Cover’s financials showed that in spite of the massive international success of Hololive they still don’t make as much money as Anycolor. So as long as Anycolor is making a bunch of money there likely isn’t much motivation to change how things work. I know the IPO is sometimes used as a scapegoat but I don’t think going public has had much of an effect on how they operate, at least not yet.

This also explains their recruiting. People here will bitch about fujo pandering but Luxiem and Noctyx almost certainly make the most money of any waves. Aia iirc is the beauty blogger, and she also makes more in donations than most of the other girls. Scarle outearns basically all of the girls these days. I think people would do well to remember that this thread’s view of what makes a good or successful vtuber isn’t that universal - if it was Pippa would be bigger than Gura.

If I had to speculate on the EN concert, my guess would be that management wanted to cash in on EN’s popularity (their IR reports show that EN members make more revenue than JP ones on an individual basis) and do a concert, but rushed the announcement, fucked up the scheduling, and had to cancel.
Well to add my economic background to the mix I believe this is is due to the expanding market of single men and women. Overall sex and committed relationships are in the decline and that in my opinion leaves a lot of additional loneliness in the world. This loneliness fuels the market for the lewd streamers as there a “market solution” to the problem. In my personal opinion I don’t think this is healthy in the long term for everyone involved.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Flare? Streaming at EN times??? My dark-skin harem grows...

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
"Go talk about Gura in a Gura stream"

>Gura
>Stream
I wish she had made a joke about that, pippa probably would. I want a chumpedo civil war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom