"She said 'many many' I will give 'many many' because I don't know how 'many' is 'many'. Many many means many, right? It's always better to give morr than lass (Less) you know? One many is many, 'many many' is morr many"Kaela Kovalskia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
View attachment 14689

Does your mum see you posting on here Rin :smugpipi:

for the record, I would like to state that I am not, in fact, Rin Penrose
Rin, I just want you to know I find you funny because of your obvious disability of being British, not in spite of it. Keep up the good work.
Her mom sounds exactly like some upper class British lady it's crazy. It's almost a perfect stereotype.
Linking this stream where Rin's mom first showed up. She joined about an hour into the stream, but I recommend the whole one if you haven't watched it. It's a perfect reflection of Rin's streaming style and her sense of humor.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I'm glad Rin's mom became a mainstay for her channel. She's hilarious and the way she'll shit on her daughter for no reason is great. Nearly had 1.3k CCV at some point too, which is her highest amount outside of debut iirc. Very happy for this brit :shubaIapprob:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Hm. I was expecting it to be some garbage mobile gatcha but it appears to be an actual buyable console and PC game - a side-scroller with a Castlevania-ish aesthetic. Their web site design is straight out of 1999 so perhaps their sense of game design is as well.
Someone's already made a full longplay of the game. It looks SotN-inspired (I'm more of a Classicvania fan personally, but I get the appeal) and has a really nice pixel-art aesthetic to it.

So here's something autistic. I noticed that some Holos now have this link in their video descriptions: https://en.hololive.tv/request-to-minors
The date on the page is 6 December 2022. I pulled up a random stream from Sora from before that date, and the link isn't there.

Anycolor also has one, dated 31 January 2022: https://www.anycolor.co.jp/notice-for-minors-en

This is just standard corpo CYA, as I cannot imagine that zoomers would read the video descriptions, let alone the notice. That aside, I remember a short discussion here about whether there were any child-friendly Vtubers. I think even if coomtubers were removed from the equation, the space simply isn't designed for minors. Because of that, while individual Vtubers may choose to keep things PG (and I personally appreciate that), I'd distrust any Vtuber who actively advertised it.
Whenever a new form of online monetisation's introduced the mainstream media will always throw together a story about how some kid spent absurd amounts of money on their parent's credit card; it happened with in-game DLC, it happened with mobile gaming microtransactions, and eventually it'll happen with vtubers. These notices exist solely so when a journalist requests comment on their "I'm ten grand in the red because my 14-year-old son donated it all to an anime girl" article they have something to point to to distance themselves from it.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
She's filipino its over. 1 down 3 more to go

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Proctor edit: this is already in the Degeneracy containment thread and therefore I'm removing it from here.

[Deleted links to various voice deepfakes of Hololivers doing extremely yabai things]

What the fuck.

Piarro

Early Adopter
Vesper: "I have a sword. I can't tell you where it's from or how I got it. But I have one. The second I describe it or take a picture of it, you will instantly know what it is and where it came from."

paul

Early Adopter

She doesn't gacha, she gambles. Also likes nsfw and the cute/funny. Competition for Yuko I guess
1677356456544637.jpg

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I still rewatch Subaru's 3d performance of Vampire every once in a while. There is something about her movements that activates the neurons, the smoothness and fluidity of the movements is special.
Its the bouncyness. She knows how to control her model in a way that she does these cute little bounces and that shit translates so well to 3d to give her extra cuteness points.

View attachment 14670

An admirable and understandable goal. I don't think Shiina has reached that level of parasocial yet, but I still feel she has one of the most authentic relationships with her butter cookies, she does love us she is just aware of reality and not willing to exploit lonely souls for a quick buck. Honestly it just makes me respect and love Shiina more to know that she's both genuine and willing to pass on easy profit to keep things healthy and sane. But at the same time I 100% understand where you're coming from.
Shiina is pushing a bit of the parasocial and im not sure if its her intentionally pulling for that or if its a byproduct of her also

>DDK voice acting gig
>upcoming fes
>3D showcase
>still doing concerts as DDK
>definitely putting together an unannounced album
>full stream schedule
>two 12 hour dead space streams in two weeks

Holy fuck woman, you've made it, you can slow down the sigma female grindset before you die.
I dont know how the fuck this woman has time for friendship or anything else. This is absurd. I really look up to her when it comes to work ethic.

1677356770968.png

I like her :V

All jokes aside if she manages to keep the horny shit as a wink wink nudge nudge thing and not outright lewd coombait, im fine with it.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Also likes nsfw

Are there any non-degen flips? I swear every single one of them I know is obsessed with lewd stuff.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I hope you also carry some of the gentleness and understanding you show me to all aspect of your other relationships as well!
>other relationships
We're in a relationship :pippasquish: I have other relationships? :panik:
5bxczv (1).jpg

I jest, of course lmao. I do wonder, period jokes aside, what is driving Shiinas recent parasocial spikes. Feels like she had a really shit valentine's day, and ever since then she's been increasingly parasocial toward the cookie tin.

I choose to be an optimist and believe it's because so many of us sent her encouraging/sappy maros to cheer her up after that. I generally don't chat too much in streams so she wouldn't recognize me but even I sat down and actually wrote her a nice supportive one (no, I didn't act like a weirdo in love with her) thanking her for what she does and telling her how much I admire her ambition and drive.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
She's out of pocket. Or should I say, out of locket :smugina:
1677357278029.png

EDIT: forgot to shill Sava today so here ya go

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Are there any non-degen flips? I swear every single one of them I know is obsessed with lewd stuff.
When you live on a 3rd world shithole, degen shit is what keeps you alive.

View attachment 14703

I jest, of course lmao. I do wonder, period jokes aside, what is driving Shiinas recent parasocial spikes. Feels like she had a really shit valentine's day, and ever since then she's been increasingly parasocial toward the cookie tin.

I choose to be an optimist and believe it's because so many of us sent her encouraging/sappy maros to cheer her up after that. I generally don't chat too much in streams so she wouldn't recognize me but even I sat down and actually wrote her a nice supportive one (no, I didn't act like a weirdo in love with her) thanking her for what she does and telling her how much I admire her ambition and drive.
I also left a maro before she closed them congratulating her. I think her parasocial thing might come from the fact that she is in a place comfortable enough economically that she can make this a full time job. As an indie she was a bit of a 2 view. Now she has a healthy amount of CCV, memberships, donos and genmates she can bounce off from if she ever feels lonely.

Merrywheather is on that list tho. But hews is pretty based
Merryweather is on most Vtuber's list. I dont like his content but I get the appeal. Not only that but he has the backing of big corpos.

I like her design and when it comes to the whole
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg
thing its not as explicit and weird.

kestraline

Early Adopter

The vtuber who made the company is a flip, they're not all flips though, green girl is Scottish and another is also in another part of the UK I think.

Also, no safety bar required, she covered it up because the streams are sponsored.
1677357832312.png

Last edited:

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
She seems way less nervous now and i feel like i could like her if im ignoring the coombait thats gonna come out of her

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom