"I also said 'I like nuts!' out loud while I'm walking around crowded places"Ayunda Risu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBear

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
Are there any of Zaion's fans here that can explain why they like her? I didn't pay her much mind since the only NijiEN I regularly keep up with is Selen. I like that she brings a bit of the pipkin flavor to NijiEN although it looks like she flew too close to the sun.
I don't catch a lot of her streams but the ones I do are usually pretty entertaining.
She's very good at filling dead air and has a fun personality. She also interacts with chat often and has some funny yab moments.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Looks like Kirsche might've had a couple faggots go into her chat and spoil the game and other shit. Some people were banned and messages were deleted. Fuck these people.
:annoyedpippa:
So does Snape end up killing Dumbledore?

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Yeah, that's definitely just the name of some service for masking the the owner. The person who's saying they took it down because of WHOIS is just retarded. It was probably because either they were getting too much backlash or they realized it would be more difficult/expensive to maintain than they expected.
I guess it really is just a simple matter of getting backlash.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Foe_7LCX0AY5kQg.jpeg
Pochi made cursed art of the chicken, and it certainly is cursed

Peachmoon

The Assman
Re:Zaion suspension: I come out of lurk to ask if anyone else thinks this is more of an issue with the EN management?
As already discussed it's definitely not the yab moments (even if it's piled up). But I can't help but put on my menhera tin foil hat and leer at the absolute state of management after the Yugo/"COVID" AR live fiasco? Like what are they doing over there that's got their talents so all-over the place?
Like if a talent is butting heads with management or having a hard time communicating with them are they more susceptible to just getting put in the time out corner? That seems to be the point of contention that stands out to me the most on the laundry list of issues that seem like a deterrent to the actual issue.

RiverBear

Re:Zaion suspension: I come out of lurk to ask if anyone else thinks this is more of an issue with the EN management?
As already discussed it's definitely not the yab moments (even if it's piled up). But I can't help but put on my menhera tin foil hat and leer at the absolute state of management after the Yugo/"COVID" AR live fiasco? Like what are they doing over there that's got their talents so all-over the place?
Like if a talent is butting heads with management or having a hard time communicating with them are they more susceptible to just getting put in the time out corner? That seems to be the point of contention that stands out to me the most on the laundry list of issues that seem like a deterrent to the actual issue.
Could be an internal thing like Vesper and his suspension
The world will never know
But we do know Vesper was suspended because he impregnated Gura and Kronii

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Tenma is really enjoying KOTOR and will probably play the second game afterwards!

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Ame and Gura hung out yesterday and they're planning a Geoguessr stream. What the hell? The internet told me they HATED each other!!!

kukkia

Early Adopter

I think members of the first 5 waves have just been frustrated due to the workload involved in the AR concert and whatever other stuff they're doing (debuts and whatnot) only to see the concert cancelled. It'll probably be rescheduled, but that's got to be frustrating. Especially for Luxiem since it seems like they were doing a lot of work in Japan. We're seeing a few livers go on break in the coming weeks basically because now they can go on actual breaks instead of just not streaming but doing other behind the scenes work (Alban and Elira more or less stated this). In general it seems like management had been saddling the livers with extraneous work and I honestly think they might have gone overboard. Hopefully now they are relaxing that.

Of course this doesn't really apply to Zaion, as Iluna and Xsoleil weren't slated to be in the concert. While it's hard to give the benifit of the doubt to Niji management these days, I do think this may just be the case of the corpo actually making the right call. While I really like Zaion, I'll admit that talking about romhacks, basically being completely open about pre-Niji game accounts, and having tons of privated vods is not a good look.

As for Yugo, I don't think he would have been that involved in any of the AR or 3D stuff to much of a degree (besides doing some work for Pomu's 3D). Again with Yugo I think it was more of a personality clash. It was fairly evident through Yugo's streams that he had trouble getting along with other people.

I think Niji's general problem with handling foreign branches is a lack of consistency. ID, IN, and KR all feel like they were basically run with a pretty laissez faire approach - hire some local staff and let them run the show, they know the market best - which didn't work, but for differing reasons (KR staff was just incompetent, ID staff was pretty proactive but arguably too controlling). Virtuareal is basically a different company, mostly run by Bilibili. NijiEN on the other hand feels like it is being handled like the more recent NijiJP waves... but it's tough because the members are all across the world in different countries and timezones. This is going to sound overly reductive, but NijiEN's core strength is streaming. They're mostly all good streamers and they like streaming a lot. They can't coast on doing a couple of streams per month and I think that most of them wouldn't want to do that. Whatever other work that is being done shouldn't get too much in the way of streaming IMO. I think Anycolor's approach does work well in Japan (amidst all the turmoil of the past weeks the new JP wave has actually had a pretty good start), and I think EN is clearly a step above their past attempts at reaching beyond Japan, but they still clearly have issues that need to be addressed.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Ame and Gura hung out yesterday and they're planning a Geoguessr stream. What the hell? The internet told me they HATED each other!!!
I can't believe Ame is planning on doxxing Gura during their Geoguesser stream!

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Just don't be surprised when the geoguesser stream suddenly becomes an impromptu sushi-making stream

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I don't remember the body count bit, but you are correct that what I referred to was in a Q&A. The question was something akin to what she likes doing on her free time, or how she spends time with her BF, and she answered something like "doing lewd stuff". I wish I could find an archive of it for the exact wording. It was one of the Q&A lines that made 4chan goslings 41% themselves back in 2020.
I feel like she might have been trolling when she said that.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Ame is too nice a person to hold grudges, like Pekora's innermost fulminating hatred of Miko.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
"What is 'welfare'? Isn't that money?" :kaelalaugh:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Miori is playing an ummm, interesting game.

Screenshot - 2023-02-08T211637.701.png
Screenshot - 2023-02-08T211721.458.png
Screenshot - 2023-02-08T211739.911.png
guess she's playing as chat today

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I can't believe Ame is planning on doxxing Gura during their Geoguesser stream!
gura: hey this looks like my house!
ame: is this nantucket?

RiverBear

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom