"People who are bored and have too much money should stop opening vtuber companies"Nini Yuuna

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Ahem, academically proven, argued, discussed and historically demonstrated. With several examples.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Im salty at this dexerto article.
ITs about asmongold trash talking the streamer award or whatever because a mexican women won. But my issue is not there. They made a chart of the most popular females streamers all around, and they excluded vtubers :pomuStare:.

What the fuck man they are as women as all these other thots wtf.

Screenshot_20240826-231928_Samsung Internet.jpg

God's Strongest Dragoon

ITs about asmongold trash talking the streamer award or whatever because a mexican women won. But my issue is not there. They made a chart of the most popular females streamers all around, and they excluded vtubers :pomuStare:.

View attachment 76806
They didn't include vtubers because they were trying to argue in defense of rivers_gg winning. She sits on the "non-vtuber" chart at 10th place with 2.65 million hours of watchtime. If you add vtubers, she wouldn't be anywhere close to top 10 most-watched female streamers. Pekora, Miko, Ironmouse, Koyori, Aqua, and Subaru would all dwarf her and the 10th spot would be Valkyrae with 3.77 million hours of watchtime. The "actual 10th place" has about 40% more watchtime than her.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm okay with vtubers not rubbing shoulders with all of these filthy fleshies, vtubers are better by default.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
That explains a lot. Have you tried emailing your local courthouse about buying an old machine from them or leads on where to find one? You would be surprised by what you can get from the local government by asking nicely.

The "keyboard" aspect of it is a pretty big part of the appeal to me, the older machines have their own dictionaries locked in and not all of them can be plugged into computers. They're also much more expensive (think hundreds of dollars more for a heavily used machine), and my municipality would probably want market price.

I pity court stenographers tbh, It has always looked like a backbreaking and thankless job, writing all of the bullshit the lawyers and judges throw around to call each other fags in the most courteous of ways.

Oh god, yeah that sounds fairly stressful. IIRC the better career for professional steno is in live captioning, there are people making six figures doing that for TV stations and such. I'm not trying to make a job out of it though, just thought it'd be an interesting way to make my computer time more "productive" by learning a skill.

This is what you get for noy buying a 3d printer

I'm stressing out over taking apart a garage build keyboard and you want me to get into 3D printing? :nehgah:, I may be an autist but there are levels to this shit.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

View attachment 76806
Even funnier, it's a fan voting system. All they gotta do to win is ask their fans to vote.

But yes it's hilarious that Streamcharts has started putting out a non-vtuber chart.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Even funnier, it's a fan voting system. All they gotta do to win is ask their fans to vote.

But yes it's hilarious that Streamcharts has started putting out a non-vtuber chart.
If its a fan vote its not syrprusing she won then. The spanish community on twitch is insanely big.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
If its a fan vote its not syrprusing she won then. The spanish community on twitch is insanely big.
I guess 4chan couldn't find any streamers named Hitler

agility_

Early Adopter
3D printing at the moment is still in the money-sink phase. Not worth it unless you have some mitigation side business idea going on.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
3D printing at the moment is still in the money-sink phase. Not worth it unless you have some mitigation side business idea going on.
LMAO, spoken like a person who never touched a printer.
200$ at most and you can print all kinds of shit for your enjoyment. It's literally one of the cheapest tools/hobbies to have now.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
It really depends on what you're using 3D printing for.

agility_

Early Adopter
LMAO, spoken like a person who never touched a printer.
I know you're a gimmick but still. 1) SLA printer and not the shitty filament ones 2) wash station 2.1) curing station which isn't mandatory but makes a big difference 3) fume extractor if room ventilation is not enough 4) resin supplies 5) isopropyl alcohol 6) nitrile glove supplies 7) respirator with filters so you don't instantly begin dying from lung cancer.
Then, there's 8) learning to stand and gate your 3D models so your parts don't come out hollow or brittle because you forgot to support them correctly, which admittedly is the fun part of learning this hobby.
If it's printing big purple dildos with moving parts for the lols sure knock yourself out. If it's printing detailed parts, pieces for precision machinery, prototyping or sculpting, this is going to take some time and some money in.

tragic amphibian

There's a reason why, even in industry, plastic 3d printing is mostly relegated to prototyping parts with loose tolerances or for rough mock-ups that don't use pricey final materials. At economies of scale, the expense of mold manufacturing is justified by the speed, quality, and consistency that injection molding delivers. For dimensional accuracy in non-moldable plastics like Delrin/HDMW, you'll just mill/turn parts same as you would with metals. Using sheet manufactured plastics in combinations with punches and presses for forming flat items is also very quick and accurate, as is vibration welding of smaller plastic assemblies into larger units. Best industrial use I've seen for 3d printers is for 3d printing sand-casting forms and the 3d prints still require plenty of sand and paint prep prior to use in even a small foundry.

Metal 3d printing is a special can of worms because it can do some things that are difficult to near-impossible with traditional techniques, but that's using massively expensive specialized machines. The 3d printing tends to be either metal powder mixed with a binder that lets you print a shape which needs to be put through a sintering oven so burn out the binder and weld the metal particles together or a laser welding system in conjunction with a powered metal medium instead of a traditional filler rod/wire. There are no hobby metal 3d printers unless you're a rich engineering entrepreneur and you can afford a 7 to 8 figure machine since you just sold your third successful company to Honeywell or Lockheed for a billion or so.

Until plastic 3d printing can radically increase its speed and accuracy, it's going to remain a hobbyist toy for most use cases (like knock-off warhammer figures) and a not-quite-edge-case prototype tool for the remaining ones.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Weird because I always thought murray's model looks like a brazilian from an old japanese anime, because the nips are obsessed with brazil for whatever reason.
People mostly got it right but to add a bit more of context, it's about the dekasegis - it's what the japanese call their own "nîggers".
Imperial Japan had too many mouths to feed, Colonial Brazil lacked workforce, Imperial Japan sells cheap labor to Brazil, brazilian people acts xenophobic to japanese people as it's normal, dekasegis make their own cities and schools and rush ahead of brazilian people, brazilian dictatorship starts and shit's fucked, brazilian dictatorship ends and dekasegis start returning to Japan in the 80s, dekasegis are met with xenophobia and racism and build their own communities in Aichi and surroundings, dekasegis start working in many parts, spreading the brazilian culture around and the rest is history. This is why you have so many latinos, bossa nova and carnival in japanese media. Peruvian dekasegis have a similar story but I didn't really study it.
Brazilians are basically apes that look like humans, they are loud and obnoxious, filthy fucking animals who delight in crime and destitution with some of the highest murder and drug abuse on planet earth because most of them are the worst kind of mutties bred from africans and jungle natives who have not a shred of decency in their bodies.

I seriously do not understand how the nips, who hate black people, are xenophobic as shit and find a society as mild and cucked as americans as "le scary" like the modern day Neanderthals that are Brazilians. It doesn't make any sense in any context.
Damn bro did a brazilian fuck your girlfriend or something?
The japanese often times appreciate brazilian boldness because they come from a culture of self-restraint to the point it's crippling, but you have a very distorted way to see it. Many friends living there report that jp people are as crazy as latinos, the difference is time and place: they hold back most of the time but will go ham any other time, why do you think Shibuya Meltdown exists?
Brazil is definitely not great, but I was under the impression that the places you go in Brazil also make a large difference. The litmus test should be, has Taylor Swift performed there? If so, then some places have to be alright :smugpipi:
You are right: homicide map
img-1.jpg

To translate a bit, the major crime hotspots are São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Fortaleza, capitals of their states. Those cities are riddled with mass corruption issues and wealth disparity, where one spot looks like the coast of Maine and the other looks like an Ethiopian village.

Most artist go to Rio and São Paulo and they're extremely dangerous but they usually go to the good part of those cities.

To answer another thing brought up, the south is mostly composed of migrants from europe after WW1 and WW2, to this day you can find people so white they reflect sunlight, and they're around their own ukranian, polish and german colonies. Some grandmas still speak those languages.
Another way to summarize brazilian ethnicity spread is the higher you go, the darker it is, as the northeast had the largest number of african slaves as the danes and dutch controlled that region to make their own coffee.

People often times forget Gisele is born and raised in Brazil because she looks like this
1724940636652.jpeg

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
People mostly got it right but to add a bit more of context, it's about the dekasegis - it's what the japanese call their own "nîggers".
Imperial Japan had too many mouths to feed, Colonial Brazil lacked workforce, Imperial Japan sells cheap labor to Brazil, brazilian people acts xenophobic to japanese people as it's normal, dekasegis make their own cities and schools and rush ahead of brazilian people, brazilian dictatorship starts and shit's fucked, brazilian dictatorship ends and dekasegis start returning to Japan in the 80s, dekasegis are met with xenophobia and racism and build their own communities in Aichi and surroundings, dekasegis start working in many parts, spreading the brazilian culture around and the rest is history. This is why you have so many latinos, bossa nova and carnival in japanese media. Peruvian dekasegis have a similar story but I didn't really study it.

Damn bro did a brazilian fuck your girlfriend or something?
The japanese often times appreciate brazilian boldness because they come from a culture of self-restraint to the point it's crippling, but you have a very distorted way to see it. Many friends living there report that jp people are as crazy as latinos, the difference is time and place: they hold back most of the time but will go ham any other time, why do you think Shibuya Meltdown exists?

You are right: homicide map
img-1.jpg

To translate a bit, the major crime hotspots are São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Fortaleza, capitals of their states. Those cities are riddled with mass corruption issues and wealth disparity, where one spot looks like the coast of Maine and the other looks like an Ethiopian village.

Most artist go to Rio and São Paulo and they're extremely dangerous but they usually go to the good part of those cities.

To answer another thing brought up, the south is mostly composed of migrants from europe after WW1 and WW2, to this day you can find people so white they reflect sunlight, and they're around their own ukranian, polish and german colonies. Some grandmas still speak those languages.
Another way to summarize brazilian ethnicity spread is the higher you go, the darker it is, as the northeast had the largest number of african slaves as the danes and dutch controlled that region to make their own coffee.

People often times forget Gisele is born and raised in Brazil because she looks like this
View attachment 77031
I found the simian.
:selenpointandlaugh:

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I know you're a gimmick but still. 1) SLA printer and not the shitty filament ones 2) wash station 2.1) curing station which isn't mandatory but makes a big difference 3) fume extractor if room ventilation is not enough 4) resin supplies 5) isopropyl alcohol 6) nitrile glove supplies 7) respirator with filters so you don't instantly begin dying from lung cancer.
Then, there's 8) learning to stand and gate your 3D models so your parts don't come out hollow or brittle because you forgot to support them correctly, which admittedly is the fun part of learning this hobby.
If it's printing big purple dildos with moving parts for the lols sure knock yourself out. If it's printing detailed parts, pieces for precision machinery, prototyping or sculpting, this is going to take some time and some money in.
I meant FDM mostly. SLA, FDM and SLS serve vastly different purposes, you can't just bunch them all together and say that one is better.
There's a reason why, even in industry, plastic 3d printing is mostly relegated to prototyping parts with loose tolerances or for rough mock-ups that don't use pricey final materials. At economies of scale, the expense of mold manufacturing is justified by the speed, quality, and consistency that injection molding delivers. For dimensional accuracy in non-moldable plastics like Delrin/HDMW, you'll just mill/turn parts same as you would with metals. Using sheet manufactured plastics in combinations with punches and presses for forming flat items is also very quick and accurate, as is vibration welding of smaller plastic assemblies into larger units. Best industrial use I've seen for 3d printers is for 3d printing sand-casting forms and the 3d prints still require plenty of sand and paint prep prior to use in even a small foundry.

Metal 3d printing is a special can of worms because it can do some things that are difficult to near-impossible with traditional techniques, but that's using massively expensive specialized machines. The 3d printing tends to be either metal powder mixed with a binder that lets you print a shape which needs to be put through a sintering oven so burn out the binder and weld the metal particles together or a laser welding system in conjunction with a powered metal medium instead of a traditional filler rod/wire. There are no hobby metal 3d printers unless you're a rich engineering entrepreneur and you can afford a 7 to 8 figure machine since you just sold your third successful company to Honeywell or Lockheed for a billion or so.

Until plastic 3d printing can radically increase its speed and accuracy, it's going to remain a hobbyist toy for most use cases (like knock-off warhammer figures) and a not-quite-edge-case prototype tool for the remaining ones.
Even FDM is pretty damn accurate, any rickety chinesium machine gives you ~0.2mm accuracy out of the box. Also much faster now too, you limited only by material properties.
Also your SLS statement is plain factually wrong https://sls4all.com

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Just lived there for a while weon, it's an interesting rich country with as many issues as Colombia.
>weon
OH GOD ITS AN ALIEN PO

Top Bottom