"How do I draw a dick without getting demonetized?"S.S. Isa

The Stream Archive Thread

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lots of vtubers create unarchived streams for things like karaoke. Most of these are lost forever once completed, depriving us of precioussssssssssss content. Therefore, you may use this thread to link archives or upload short clips (50 megabyte limit) of important moments that you don't want lost to history.

You do not have to host this content yourself. Links to torrent sites are acceptable as well. The only criteria is that the content exists in a stable fashion.

I would prefer it if people make single posts and then edit any further content they make/record/discover into them. Announce updates in the General thread, not here.

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Unarchived IRyS & Namirin streams [WiP]:
My Mega archives are 720p/30fps

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Quick thing, please don't save anything on 4K or something ridiculous, 720p is more than enough at 30fps. I say this as someone who operates an array of bulging hard drives at work.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Quick thing, please don't save anything on 4K or something ridiculous, 720p is more than enough at 30fps. I say this as someone who operates an array of bulging hard drives at work.
Resolution only goes so far, the main bottleneck is the encoder used.
Some are lean and efficient, others, no so much.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Resolution only goes so far, the main bottleneck is the encoder used.
Some are lean and efficient, others, no so much.

If you give some details I'll happily save them to the OP for further reference and visibility.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Last edited:

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Here are my x264 & x265 archive presets for Handbrake. I call these 'good enough' presets since they look decent.
  • 720p & 480p presets [here]. I initially made these to re-encode videos to my phone without killing the storage. Please note that anything uploaded (not embedded) to xenForo needs to be in x264 or it will not show up.
  • You can change the encoder under "Video" if you have an Nvidia card to: H.264 (Nvidia NVEnc) or H.265 (Nvidia NVEnc).
  • The x265 presets are the ones I spent the most time on.
  • To import these into Handbrake go to Presets > Manage Presets > Options > Import Preset(s) from file
  • The will show up under "Custom Presets"
  • For comparison the YT download of Sunday Singing♪ is 4.02 GB at 1080/60fps, using the "x265 720p - Nvidia encoder" script and limiting the FPS to 30 it spit out a file size of: 969mb and only took 5 minutes to encode the 2 hours stream with an Nvidia card.
  • I'm not sure if Handbrake still defaults to the m4v format instead of mp4 - but it can be changed by going to Tools > Preferences > Output Files > MP4 File Extension > Always use MP4.
Edit: I've updated the link to fix a few problems and to include Nvidia presets.

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Pacify her -melanie martinez
She sang uncensored payphone based - maroon 5
Bad romance - lady Gaga
When the party is over - Billie eilish
lovely - Billie eilish
Enemy - imagine dragons
Adele - rolling in the deep
Toxic - Britney spears (covered by Melanie Martinez)
Wake me up when September (October) ends - Green Day
Tag you're it - Melanie Martinez
Copycat - Billie eilish
Rickroll
I'm not angry anymore - Paramore
You are the only exception - Paramore

Encore
Rape me(grape) - Nirvana
Glimpse of Us - Joji
About a girl - nirvana
Creep uncensored - Radiohead
archive

Since this post might be rendered obsolete soon have past life panko singing fly me to the moon
View attachment 2908

View attachment received_514250060222417.mp4

Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I stumbled across this site from a few Lulu fans a few months ago.
it also has a sister site
Its a site with (I assume) full archives of both Suzuhara Lulu from Nijisanji and Sephira Su (A fortune teller (indie-ish) vtuber part of an online Japanese fortune telling service called CAMFORTUNE)

paul

Early Adopter
I don't see it linked here but a few days ago someone posted a big unarchived stream collection of Holos (lot of EN, but also ID and JP), female Niji ENs and Nabi:

For archiving itself I use yt-dlp which works for almost everything (even with instagram or tiktok). There are (still?) some audio/video syncing problems with yt-dlp and Twitch during live recording, so better use streamlink and VLC (works also for yt) for that.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
For archiving itself I use yt-dlp which works for almost everything (even with instagram or tiktok). There are (still?) some audio/video syncing problems with yt-dlp and Twitch during live recording, so better use streamlink and VLC (works also for yt) for that.
FYI, yt-dlp can be used to record live recordings using their ytarchive counterpart (It's also the setting I'm using everytime I'm recording a live stream)

This page detailed the how-to's and is relatively easy to follow (I'm at most a surface-level user in regards to python knowledge), including guides to record membership stream. I also recommend reading hollow_memories' yt-dlp guides to those interested in having their own VODs collection, everything else should be covered on each page already so here are the command lines I usually use in case people need it:

ytarchive lines
Code:
ytarchive -w [yturlhere]
-w will prompt a screen resolution option, choose any that fits your preference and hit enter to start recording

yt-dlp lines + default config setting
Code:
yt-dlp [urlhere]

I didn't input additional lines for my yt-dlp commands since I've modified the default config using this setting
Note: output will be in .mp4 and titled accordingly for easier organizing, the config.txt file should be accessible on yt-dlp's appdata folder

Don't forget to set the folder path first unless you wanted to save your video on the regular C: path

Okay here it is,
TwitterSpaces archiving guides

Note: this basically covers everything I usually do for archiving TwtSpaces, people with more resources and python knowledge (also a discord server) might be interested in the autoscript for TwtSpaces notification but if you're just here looking for a way to save your favorite VTubers' spaces, here's the method I used

Tools needed:
- m3u8 sniffer web plugin (this is the one I used but basically any similar plugin will do the job)
- yt-dlp installed (here's the link again)

The step-by-steps:
1. Open the TwtSpaces link via web browser, make sure the sniffer is turned on by the time you joined the spaces​
2. If successful, there should be an available .m3u8 link at the top page that you could copy (always ends with "dynamic_playlist.m3u8?type=live", you only need this link) you can only download the archive once the spaces is offline so keep this in mind!
3. Rename the "dynamic_playlist.m3u8?type=live" part to "master_playlist.m3u8"
4. Open up command prompt and type this to get the playlist url​
Code:
curl [master_playlist link here]
then copy the "playlist_[numbers].m3u8" part​
5. Go back to your previous link and replace the "master_playlist.m3u8" with the "playlist_[numbers].m3u8" you just copied​
6. Now you can run yt-dlp with the new link to download the archive, the command line should looked like this:​
Code:
yt-dlp [playlist_(numbers).m3u8 link here]

If you followed all steps correctly, the script should've started downloading the archive with no problem.
Extra note: the method won't work for old non-recorded spaces so if you're looking to save a few weeks old recording your best bet is to ask around others who might've archived it earlier on

That's it!
Always remember to set your specified folder path before downloading the archive unless you're fine with having the file saved at the default C: path, happy archiving!

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
I messed around a bit with using yt-dlp to DL sections of a video a bit since there was an inquiry, I think I mostly have it figured out, so linking my post of the main thread about it: https://thevirtualasylum.xenforo.cloud/threads/general-vtuber-discussion.1/post-14440

If someone has a better method, please share your knowledge, because mine was crude and involved running into the wall until I fount a mostly open door

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I messed around a bit with using yt-dlp to DL sections of a video a bit since there was an inquiry, I think I mostly have it figured out, so linking my post of the main thread about it: https://thevirtualasylum.xenforo.cloud/threads/general-vtuber-discussion.1/post-14440

If someone has a better method, please share your knowledge, because mine was crude and involved running into the wall until I fount a mostly open door
There's probably a better way for clipping, but I just download the VOD and trim in Shotcut.

As an aside, I've finally managed to get JDownloader settings just right for what I want. Its always been intimidating for the level of customization, but it really is a damn powerful downloader.
I've grown less enamored with WinX YouTube Downloader with time as it has hiccups on longer streams, AKA all of Pippa's streams. It'd always crap out at two hours and I'd have to redownload until it catches, and its gotten tiring.
JDownloader hasn't failed yet since I've gone all in on it.
WinX YouTube Downloader is still fine for smaller things, but I like having a one stop shop that works with what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
WARNING: Mismatched number of video and audio fragments.
WARNING: The files should still be mergable but data might be missing.

AM I FUCKED? DID I SHIT MY PANTS?

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I was wondering if someone can help me with an issue I have with YT-DLP. I am able to download videos fine on youtube. However, when I do livestreams. I get like three .mkv at the end or two. When I try to watch them on vlc or any other video player, they just play for a few seconds then stop.

I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong or should I make it download livestreams as a mp4 and not mkv cause I'm really not familiar with this stuff let a lone mkv format.

adadsdsadsd.png

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I was wondering if someone can help me with an issue I have with YT-DLP. I am able to download videos fine on youtube. However, when I do livestreams. I get like three .mkv at the end or two. When I try to watch them on vlc or any other video player, they just play for a few seconds then stop.
I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong or should I make it download livestreams as a mp4 and not mkv cause I'm really not familiar with this stuff let a lone mkv format.
I can't help you with YT-DLP, but in OBS, MKV is the file format that's more lenient with interruptions during recording over MP4.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

View attachment 10996
You are missing ffmpeg, get it off
ffmpeg.org
After that yt-dlp should automatically convert those .mkv files into one mp4 file after finishing download

Top Bottom