"Huh chinchin katame? (hard penis)"Aki Rosenthal

Production Kawaii Gen 3 Graduation

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
What I don't understand is, if true, why join an idol agency if you just want to stream and not sing things on stage? they could have just stream on their own or join another agency that doesn't require any idol activities. don't get me wrong kawaii sounds like a shit company but they pretty much advertise themselves as an idol group not a streamer group.

Agreed, but counter-argument: If Kawaii wanted idols, they should have been screening applicants better to make sure they were hiring people that had an interest in creating idol content. Or to put it another way: if true, why hire non-idols if your agency wanted them to sing things on stage?

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Agreed, but counter-argument: If Kawaii wanted idols, they should have been screening applicants better to make sure they were hiring people that had an interest in creating idol content.
true, issue is, how can one tell if the talent won't change their mind later down the road.
Or to put it another way: if true, why hire non-idols if your agency wanted them to sing things on stage?
as an example, no one on HoloEN outside of keekihime was an idol, yet they turned them into idols, and they could at one point change their minds, they however have been dealing with streaming and doing the idol thing without issues, so yet again if one knows what they are getting into why not just choose a different group to only stream from the beginning instead of the one that's known to pander to unicorns and also have interest in idol activities?

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Agreed, but counter-argument: If Kawaii wanted idols, they should have been screening applicants better to make sure they were hiring people that had an interest in creating idol content. Or to put it another way: if true, why hire non-idols if your agency wanted them to sing things on stage?
I agree with that statement however I do believe there was a risk taking element. Mozu is objectively one of the most talented singers I’ve heard and I doubt the others were far behind. By hiring the best they thought they could shape them into what they wanted. However this wasn’t the case and kawaii wasn’t competent enough to make do once there plans fell through.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Even with the assertion there's real evidence to what's being said, I still feel like this is a really weird explanation for what happened. The V-Dere girls have never struck me as particularly idol-adverse. They all still sing and put out covers. They're quite good at it too, as Paladin said. The I in S.P.I.C.A. even stands for Idol. And depending on how interpret the wording of their tweet, they could even be doing a musical performance at VeXpo. How much more idol can you get?

I know I'm the most biased person here when it comes to V-Dere, and admittedly this all being 100% true would not really change my opinions of them or Kawaii. It just doesn't sit right with me. Having to do a concert is NOT something you mass walkout over.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Also if you re examine Kawaiis and their talents statement it kind of looks like they saw the success of Gen 3 so they wanted to accelerate getting them on the stage to showcase them. Which of course seems to have led to the split.

And while Kawaii might be a shit company and miscalculated. I dunno if it's just a work ethic thing on my end, but if I sign up for something I at least try to do it. Now if they didn't sign up for it that looks like a different story. But Kawaii essentially is an idol company that panders to unicorns. And the only thing that's really changed with Vdere is the dropping the Idol part.

So to me I can understand it if they didn't want to be idols. But look at the vtubing industry. It's like two things happened.

1) They were given a huge opportunity and refused

2) They also bailed out on their contracts

I mean, unless I am missing something here... And I've heard Mozzu talk about this vaguely, but she didn't dispell the part where Kawaii was trying to fast track them. But it kind of seems like a shit salad for the other Kawaii talents. As they really got fucked over optics wise as in the West at least, we tend to support creators over corpos. And again if this is true this is more on Gen 3 than it is Kawaii as I'd have a hard time thinking of even Phase and Idol talents refusing that opportunity.

Which again makes me re examine what Mozzu said as she implied that more was going on. I'm just neutral at this point as who knows.

Grandmaster Robin

1708067465833.png
The "disagreement over the directions of the production" part of their announcement makes more sense knowing what I do now. To be honest there is more to it than just this but that was the biggest reason for the split. I know some of the Kawaii girls are terminally online and I don't want them tracing this back to me if I say too much.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Mozu is objectively one of the most talented singers I’ve heard and I doubt the others were far behind.

She's also really goddamn weird. I think what people might be forgetting that Japan idol culture is still really strict and formalized. Mozu fits the idol mold about as well as Reticule fits the mold of a normal human being. Being good at singing =/= well-suited for the lifestyle. I can believe their audition process was great at finding raw talent, but terrible at finding associated personalities fit to utilize said talent in the ways the company demanded.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Everyone says this about every indie so doesn't mean much anymore imo.
Nah. Mozu is something else.

Just listen to this. And its just the first clip i saw.

Top Bottom