"I think I can poop better on Twitter"Namie
  • Stress test complete for now, posting has been reenabled.
  • I am unironically begging vtubers to stop reading imageboards. Your lives will immediately and tangibly improve. You know who you are.

Production Kawaii Gen 3 Graduation

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Holy fuck I forgot how annoying Peony's mic is. Whenever she pronounces an "s" sound, I feel like I'm losing some of my hearing with how loud it is.

EDIT:

Reina Sun coming on stream to talk about the Gen 3 graduation. My guess is that nothing of importance will be said, but hey it's there.

she one of the gen 2 is she not? odd i would of assumed the seemingly more on board Gen 1 who all seem to be financially dependent on KP would be the first ones to talk.

not seeing anything of note that's not parroted in their earlier video so it's either true or theres a gun to her head or at bare minimum they are sticking to their story.

but when it comes to public BS i don't trust anything corpo tubers say

I can only assume Gen 3 is under NDA given that im not seeing any of them talk about it maybe a few tweets that might hint they are frustrated they are literally unable to speak their side of the story.

to be clear im not saying shes a liar or to dismiss her as usual the truth is probably both sides fucked up to some degree.

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
she one of the gen 2 is she not? odd i would of assumed the seemingly more on board Gen 1 who all seem to be financially dependent on KP would be the first ones to talk.
She is gen 1.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Holy fuck I forgot how annoying Peony's mic is. Whenever she pronounces an "s" sound, I feel like I'm losing some of my hearing with how loud it is.

EDIT:

Reina Sun coming on stream to talk about the Gen 3 graduation. My guess is that nothing of importance will be said, but hey it's there.

Her story is coherent but it clearly leaves out management failing in the matter. As I said early in the thread when an entire branch of any company up and leaves the chances of management doing nothing wrong is ZERO. Collective bargaining like this is the nuclear option and it's not used lightly so I highly doubt this is the only reason for them leaving or even the main one.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Cross-posting info from the general thread for future reference.

It was previously speculated in this thread that Oceane's termination was connected to Gen 3's walkout. But since then, the members who walked out have kept in touch with each other's PLs as the Buddies, and have not publicly associated with Oceane's PL AFAIK.

5 September 2023: Mozumi Pichi premieres a video announcing that the Buddies (Elia Stellaria, Airi Viridis, kirispica, and Mozumi Pichi) are forming a Vtuber group, V-Dere. Of note, the V-Dere domain v-dere.moe was registered on 4 April 2023 (archive), and their mass graduation from Production Kawaii was announced on 7 April 2023.

Grandmaster Robin

My bet is that Gen 3 attempted to collectively negotiate a new contract and threatened to walk if they didn't get some better terms.
Well the Japanese really don't like those kind of threats and probably told them all fine, fuck off.
This thread has been dead for a while but I have some surface info. Basically Gen 3 was doing numbers compared to the rest of the company that was barely surviving off of Nene's tits. The Gen (minus Oceane) decided that they had enough pull to ask Kawaii to fund their regular streaming activities rather than push them into idol/singing that is the company's regular MO. Kawaii refused, and Gen 3 decided that they had the popularity to do better as indies.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
This thread has been dead for a while but I have some surface info. Basically Gen 3 was doing numbers compared to the rest of the company that was barely surviving off of Nene's tits. The Gen (minus Oceane) decided that they had enough pull to ask Kawaii to fund their regular streaming activities rather than push them into idol/singing that is the company's regular MO. Kawaii refused, and Gen 3 decided that they had the popularity to do better as indies.

I mildly dislike it when people say things like this without some form of receipt. Can you provide any, or suggest avenues I could look into to confirm myself? This has always been of interest to me.

Nenélove

Malding, seething and shitting
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Grandmaster Robin

I mildly dislike it when people say things like this without some form of receipt. Can you provide any, or suggest avenues I could look into to confirm myself? This has always been of interest to me.
I'm willing to provide some proof privately and you can decide if I'm credible or not

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

RiverBear

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Grandmaster Robin

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Grandmaster Robin

Overall I know the Kawaii girls are very salty that Gen 3 cost the company so much money that Gen 4 had to basically debut with sticks and stones. I don't like the company and to who they pander to so I understand the Vdere girls wanting to push back with the succes they had, and honestly the fault lies on Kawaii to begin with for having a contract that allowed the girls to just walk out like they did with seemingly no repercussions.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Overall I know the Kawaii girls are very salty that Gen 3 cost the company so much money that Gen 4 had to basically debut with sticks and stones. I don't like the company and to who they pander to so I understand the Vdere girls wanting to push back with the succes they had, and honestly the fault lies on Kawaii to begin with for having a contract that allowed the girls to just walk out like they did with seemingly no repercussions.
I mean to be fair. If what you are saying is true, I can understand Nene Amano's reaction and it could be more genuine that say Nijisanji "we a family" thing. As Aletta was taking off at the time.

While the original thoughts were based off her prior conduct that Nene wanted to be top bitch and threw them under the bus. A walkout more or less did handicap Kawaii for awhile and killed any momentum they had. So that could recontexualize what Nene said and Sun's stream.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
What I don't understand is, if true, why join an idol agency if you just want to stream and not sing things on stage? they could have just stream on their own or join another agency that doesn't require any idol activities. don't get me wrong kawaii sounds like a shit company but they pretty much advertise themselves as an idol group not a streamer group.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
@The Proctor has this person supplied the proof they said they had? Is there anything to it or is it just more :baeJam:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
@The Proctor has this person supplied the proof they said they had? Is there anything to it or is it just more :baeJam:

My apologies, various matters have drawn me away from this topic (I wish things would kindly stop exploding for one goddamn second). But yes, I can confirm that this individual is in a position where their word at least counts above that of a random /vt/ rrater.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Well shit. I'm not sure how I feel about that

Grandmaster Robin

What I don't understand is, if true, why join an idol agency if you just want to stream and not sing things on stage? they could have just stream on their own or join another agency that doesn't require any idol activities. don't get me wrong kawaii sounds like a shit company but they pretty much advertise themselves as an idol group not a streamer group.
My best guess would be the same reason anyone joins Niji, a push in advertisement, although I don't know how well the V-dere girls were doing before they joined the company.

Top Bottom