"My character became a chocoball!... my character became a black person"Shirakami Fubuki

Please tell me there are non-pozzed fan/writing/anime communities out there.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I'm indulging my 'I pay for this site' privilege a little bit today.

First, some background;

I am a writer. I make my money writing. I am quite good at it. I enjoy creative writing. I enjoy creative pursuits in general, including tabletop roleplaying & creative roleplaying on a text-based medium.

When I first started creative writing as a hobby, the internet was a glorious wild west. I was able to hone my craft in an environment that nurtured and rewarded my inventiveness and enthusiasm, while giving me a harsh reality-check whenever I let myself indulge in stale tropes, overdone cliches and other literary sins. In brief, I was able to find a cadre of intellectual equals who were able to keep up with me, critique me, and show me how to better myself.

Unfortunately, that was over a decade ago, and that group has long since moved on in life, or become insufferably pozzed. I'm the only one who made writing a career and still experiences the occasional urge to explore my creative urges in a digital space.

However, much to my chagrin, everywhere has become pozzed, to an unbearable degree. Over the last few months I've tried just about every creative writing space, roleplaying forum, Discord (yes yes I know, I hate the platform but if I don't use it I literally don't have an online social circle outside of here), etc, that I can find, and they all give me venereal disease on contact. It's an endless stream of rainbow flags, preferred pronouns, furries, NSFW channels and greasy men pretending to be women.

Okay, the last one was always the case, but the greasy men generally weren't trying in real life.

I'd be lying if I said any of this surprises me, but it also disappoints me immensely. The creative medium feels utterly corrupted and ruined now. It used to be that I was able to at least set aside my personal feelings and relax in a group of people who liked the same thing I did. Now I can't even do that without having to share the room with some random retard with a rainbow avatar banging on about how 'problematic' Thing X is or how 'inclusive' Thing Y is.

The only people I've found who I actually like talking to are, ironically, Mexicans and first-generation immigrants. They're not pozzed at all. Shit writers, but they possess the critical ability to laugh. Every other community space has been filled with insanely uptight feeling-police who will ban you the instant you refuse to take your Joy pills and dare say anything that isn't generic praise or vapid approval. This is for places that claim to offer serious critique and genuine feedback.

So what's this got to do with you lot?

Well, I'm just curious if anyone here is aware of any communities that have escaped this wretched scourge of forced mediocrity and conformist thinking. If you do, feel free to share them. They can be about anime, fantasy, science fiction, tabletop gaming, roleplaying, etc. Shill them if you want. I don't care. I just feel a need to scream out to the cosmic winds in the hope of hearing a faint voice in reply, telling me I'm not alone and that there are still good creative communities out there who haven't bent knee to the progressive mob.

Realticule

The retardation shall rise again!
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I hear there's this obscure site out there, but it's a little unstable lately due to service provider issues. It's called Kiwifarms though if you ever want to check it out.

I have no idea though, and I know the feeling as I used to shit post in a lot of places and most of them have turned to shit and you get banned for the tamest jokes that toe the line at all.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
If I may ask, what kind of stories do you write mr. proctor?
I have begun trying to write recently since it's the art form I'm best at, even though I have tried to squash my creative side it just comes up again and again so I need an outlet.
As for sites devoid of retards, I do not know of any, art in general appeals to deviants and liberals, always has, and always will. Another cause for the issues you described is the rise of fanfiction as a writing/creative expression style, which I fucking abhor, but many people seem to like it because it requires less work and you are always guaranteed some clicks from fandomtards. Since most fanfiction is about YA, cartoons, and anime, it of course attracts the usual vermin.

Even something that used to be somewhat good and self-contained like the SCP foundation for example, which was one of many creative endeavors started on the internet, has become absolutely infested with normies and edgy roleplayers and has lost any mystique it once had. Now it's just another product to be packaged and sold in 10 minute youtube videos explaining everything and making stupid nonsensical """theories""".

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
If I may ask, what kind of stories do you write mr. proctor?
I have begun trying to write recently since it's the art form I'm best at, even though I have tried to squash my creative side it just comes up again and again so I need an outlet.

I don't generally write 'stories'. Without doxxing myself too overtly, my work involves taking the research and analysis of extremely clever but highly neurotic people and formatting it into something that people want to actually read. I do a lot of semi-professional commissioned work and proofreading.

Creatively speaking, what I most enjoy doing is world-building. Some of the most influential novels I grew up with were the Wheel of Time series, and from there I transitioned to the works of Brandon Sanderson. Now Sanderson has himself become more than a tiny bit pozzed over the years, but his worldbuilding is still absolutely incredible. He turns magic into science and everything feels harmonious, with every twist making you go 'god damn why didn't I see that logical connection sooner?!'

In a way, roleplaying ruined me. It made me intrinsically feel an urge to cooperate with others in the narrative process. I could easily write solo stories, and do on occasion, but nothing quite compares to not knowing what the other character will say and adapting your approach to the ebb and flow of a group. But again, that's been ruined in large part by the 'everyone is entitled to have fun' and 'conflict is inherently BAD' brigades. People are oversensitive cunts now.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
I've founded a tight-knit circle of friends back in high school, introduced them to my hobbies and kept watch for all these years, redpilling (to be honest I can't treat this term seriously anymore, but you get what I mean) them slightly every once in a while so they remain critical of the woke stuff (they're not farmers or anything of the kind, but sceptical enough to probably be called nazis by Kerfuffle's Rabid Troon Brigade if they ever striked up a conversation).

It took me more than half of my life, but you could day I've hand-crafted my own social group. We play board games, TTRPGs, or just discuss movies and books. I guess I owe some part of my success to the fact that we live in a country which was flooded by wokeness a bit later than US and Western Europe, so I had enough time to prepare. If I had to deal with modern-day teenagers, I'd probably fail or even get pozzed myself as well.

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
Creatively speaking, what I most enjoy doing is world-building.
Have you tried sites like World Anvil? As far as I'm aware it's not really a cooperative effort like you wanted, more like a series of folders to organize your thoughts, but I think you can open your worlds to comments from others on the website. I'm not sure how the community around World Anvil is but I mostly see it advertised by completely apolitical or slightly conservative youtubers like Shadiversity. I know it's not exactly what you are looking for but I hope this helps.

Kanada Cilla Choo

Official commander-in-sneed
My usual way of talking about writing is to do it in small Discord Servers, where people can understand the creative vision you're going for while still calling out shitty writing and giving actual critiques of what you're making. Alternatively you can get s group of friends but that comes with its own issues as alot of the time friends probably won't want to critique something you've made, but they're good for bouncing ideas off eachother.

Collaborative projects are really fun but hard to get rolling and keep rolling as you need to keep everyone up with the ideas and developments you've already added or else people end up lost, though with a group chat it can be mitigated quite well

I tend to avoid larger world building servers as people generally treating world building as a formula rather then an art, you have to do something in a certain, specific way and if you don't the setting is automatically worse for it. Some of the best settings are some of the most "underdeveloped", look at Mide Earth where alot of history is deliberately kept vague to preserve a myth like sense of wonder and amazement, and it all started because Tolkien liked writing Conlangs.

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

The second has a lot of nsfw content, but it has sfw forums, too. Not sure how active the first one is, since I don't use it.

They're both focused on fanfiction, though, so no guarantees on how much interaction you'll get if you're writing something original.

Edit: Oh, right. There's also Fiction.live.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Be the writing community you wish existed. THE VIRTUAL ASYLUM WRITING JAM!!!!!!

tho vtuber fans writing shit does sound pozzed af

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
Have you tried Agora Road? It's a quiet little forum but the people there have passion for various arts.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I read fiction on a site called Royal Road (https://www.royalroad.com/welcome). It's a free site for hosting fiction, and there are a bunch of authors who manage to monetize their fiction and make at least some money from their work, and a few of the top authors manage to make enough to do it full-time. The reader base is large enough that I think you could find yourself a niche. People monetize their work through offering Patreon and allowing readers to read advanced chapters and the like before sending their books off to Kindle Unlimited or selling it on Amazon.

If you're interested in being successful on there, I would look at the forums and see what advice they have for authors new to Royal Road.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I read fiction on a site called Royal Road (https://www.royalroad.com/welcome). It's a free site for hosting fiction, and there are a bunch of authors who manage to monetize their fiction and make at least some money from their work, and a few of the top authors manage to make enough to do it full-time. The reader base is large enough that I think you could find yourself a niche. People monetize their work through offering Patreon and allowing readers to read advanced chapters and the like before sending their books off to Kindle Unlimited or selling it on Amazon.

If you're interested in being successful on there, I would look at the forums and see what advice they have for authors new to Royal Road.
Royal road is good for authors, has good UI and discoverability (if people ever tried), been on there for a couple years, however that place is essentially infested with weeb mouth-breathers who only read/write litRPG, which is basically books but without any complex reading and plenty of numbers and stats like a vidya. And it has all of the awful hallmarks of the isekai genre: Shallow characters, boring dialogue, overpowered MC as the selling point, nonexistent worldbuilding, generic setting and character tropes and the annoying stat boxes that take you out of the story and tell you how much your character has progressed without the need for any meaningful development!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|Go to any trending story's ratings section and positive ratings have shit like: "I liked that the main character didn't have any complex moral shit to him" or "This story is amazing| |because it doesn't bother with worldbuilding constantly"
| Moron has reached level 5! +20 Autism -10 Reading comprehension
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you're gonna publish anything you better stick to THE META, of publishing several, really short [litRPG] (make sure to put that in the title so people don't even have to click on your story!) chapters per day so you hog as much of the spotlight as possible for your 5 days of fame, because everyone writes the exact same shit in the hopes they get popular. If you don't then you might find a very small niche audience but forget about it ever being anything more than a hobby.

But for the purposes of this thread, yes, it has very little politics and the community is very chill and welcoming.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
One of the reasons I cancelled by Audible membership was LitRPG spam. The fantasy/sci-fi genres were saturated with it. And by 'saturated' I mean 'New Releases tab clogged by thirty pages or more of LitRPG shit'. I hate the genre with a burning passion and hope everyone who ever penned a LitRPG story gets Piles.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Royal road is good for authors, has good UI and discoverability (if people ever tried), been on there for a couple years, however that place is essentially infested with weeb mouth-breathers who only read/write litRPG, which is basically books but without any complex reading and plenty of numbers and stats like a vidya.
Go to any trending story's ratings section and positive ratings have shit like: "I liked that the main character didn't have any complex moral shit to him" or "This story is amazing because it doesn't bother with worldbuilding constantly"

If you're gonna publish anything you better stick to THE META, of publishing several, really short [litRPG] (make sure to put that in the title so people don't even have to click on your story!) chapters per day so you hog as much of the spotlight as possible for your 5 days of fame, because everyone writes the exact same shit in the hopes they get popular. If you don't then you might find a very small niche audience but forget about it ever being anything more than a hobby.

But for the purposes of this thread, yes, it has very little politics and the community is very chill and welcoming.
RPG-Lit is one of the worst genres ever devised. Instead of logical and consistent narratives where things happen because of the natural consequences of character actions, they happen because some omniprescent system decided to give them a mission. It's the hackiest of video game writing. but now in episodic novel format. And there's only so many books I can read about someone wanting gain skills to become powerful to fight monsters.

Still, I like trashy fantasy and sci-fi, there's enough output that I can pick and choose what I want, and there's enough fanfics that I can find some that I can read that I don't feel like they hate white men, unlike mainstream books and movies.

I think there's a market for people that can do good fiction on there that isn't RPG-Lit though, and anyone doing it has the advantage of naturally standing out.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
RPG-Lit is one of the worst genres ever devised. Instead of logical and consistent narratives where things happen because of the natural consequences of character actions, they happen because some omniprescent system decided to give them a mission. It's the hackiest of video game writing. but now in episodic novel format. And there's only so many books I can read about someone wanting gain skills to become powerful to fight monsters.

Still, I like trashy fantasy and sci-fi, there's enough output that I can pick and choose what I want, and there's enough fanfics that I can find some that I can read that I don't feel like they hate white men, unlike mainstream books and movies.

I think there's a market for people that can do good fiction on there that isn't RPG-Lit though, and anyone doing it has the advantage of naturally standing out.
I've been planning to publish something there for a while (just have to actually finish writing it...) that is similar to the isekai/adventure stories people like but with no system, no overpowered characters and some level of flavor to it that's beyond the generic japanese understanding of what europe is, to see what reception I get. I would share it but that would be essentially doxing myself.

I will give something to RR and say that the writing there is at least quality from a grammar and general professionalism standpoint, the site's mods and admins really do seem to care about curating their community unlike something like Wattpad, which seems more interested in how many tokenism tags it can cram into the header than many of the most viewed stories having elementary level grammar.

Actually this thread could be turned into the writing thread, it would give it a more meaningful purpose.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I've been planning to publish something there for a while (just have to actually finish writing it...) that is similar to the isekai/adventure stories people like but with no system, no overpowered characters and some level of flavor to it that's beyond the generic japanese understanding of what europe is, to see what reception I get. I would share it but that would be essentially doxing myself.

I will give something to RR and say that the writing there is at least quality from a grammar and general professionalism standpoint, the site's mods and admins really do seem to care about curating their community unlike something like Wattpad, which seems more interested in how many tokenism tags it can cram into the header than many of the most viewed stories having elementary level grammar.

Actually this thread could be turned into the writing thread, it would give it a more meaningful purpose.
I've been reading some fiction on the site where people end up in another world, but then decide to brew beer or be a baker, rather than be the generic adventurer or have to start as a monster. It's refreshing enough content compared to what usually passes on the site that it's compelling reading, in spite of what other flaws I think the books in question have.

I'd love to publish on there one day too, and you can be sure that the tag I put on the header will be "Not RPG-Lit".

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I've been reading some fiction on the site where people end up in another world, but then decide to brew beer or be a baker, rather than be the generic adventurer or have to start as a monster. It's refreshing enough content compared to what usually passes on the site that it's compelling reading, in spite of what other flaws I think the books in question have.

I'd love to publish on there one day too, and you can be sure that the tag I put on the header will be "Not RPG-Lit".
Lol, that would be funny.
I don't dislike the "oh instead of a hero I'll just be some normal dude" stories but they too have gotten old, everything these days seems to just be a subversion or parody of the whole fantasy adventure thing, which was fine when it was a new thing but now EVERYONE does it and it itself has become cliché and tired.

I said this once in the anime thread (and nobody cared) but I want to write an isekai that takes itself totally seriously, there are stakes and there are consequences, the hero isn't just some chosen one or a guy with a cheat ability or who meets a dragon on chapter 1 and breezes through everything, he's a person that needs to actually learn and grow and will make mistakes and have regrets. Some LN authors do this, at first, but then they completely remove any tension and MC is just overpowered and generic. I do want to write a more western-style novel later on but my sheer hatred of nip authors and their bullshit compels me.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I said this once in the anime thread (and nobody cared) but I want to write an isekai that takes itself totally seriously, there are stakes and there are consequences, the hero isn't just some chosen one or a guy with a cheat ability or who meets a dragon on chapter 1 and breezes through everything, he's a person that needs to actually learn and grow and will make mistakes and have regrets. Some LN authors do this, at first, but then they completely remove any tension and MC is just overpowered and generic. I do want to write a more western-style novel later on but my sheer hatred of nip authors and their bullshit compels me.

Have you watched/read Re:Zero before? Honestly there are quite a few serious Isekai out there already. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that subverting the genre isn't new either.

Top Bottom