"I'm sorry that I've driven you into drug use!"Kaneko Lumi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer
been AFK for about 2 months! anyone wanna give me a TLDR of the happenings around the vtuber sphere?
Bunch of corpos imploded themselves, gay drama, nolan got banned or something, Proctor keeps causing mass casualties by sleeping, something something pink rabbit etc

What really matters is Lily Hops got a new model
froggers.png

Just look at that smug little shit
4220423034.PNG

DanishCookies

been AFK for about 2 months! anyone wanna give me a TLDR of the happenings around the vtuber sphere?
Pekora's monkey is still alive

Bronze

"We will only be accepting invaders until circa 2025."

Alright boys time to start the rrats. Who do you think we're getting for invaders this year?
Any Prism girl close to talents to get in through invaders? Maybe one of them end up as one. Also Nova

DanishCookies

Any Prism girl close to talents to get in through invaders? Maybe one of them end up as one. Also Nova

Wouldn't say close but Yura collabed with Lia and Pippa on different occasions before though Yura said she's going indie first.
Don't think it's wise for them (more for some since they're getting new models in 5 days) to join corpo especially if contract states that your model and IP will be owned by your employer.
The fact that they get to keep their models as indie after Prism dissolves is such a good thing for them already.

Bronze

Wouldn't say close but Yura collabed with Lia and Pippa on different occasions before though Yura said she's going indie first.
Don't think it's wise for them (more for some since they're getting new models in 5 days) to join corpo especially if contract states that your model and IP will be owned by your employer.
The fact that they get to keep their models as indie after Prism dissolves is such a good thing for them already.
They can join under a new IP that belongs to Phase instead of transferring their own i think. They'll just have to take a hiatus. The only downside is the growth they achieved is under Phase model instead of their own, but PL discussions being more accepted should take care of that

DanishCookies

They can join under a new IP that belongs to Phase instead of transferring their own i think. They'll just have to take a hiatus. The only downside is the growth they achieved is under Phase model instead of their own, but PL discussions being more accepted should take care of that
This is the best path moving forward but that's not the case for
1709707379004.png
as per the initial statement

Bronze

This is the best path moving forward but that's not the case for
View attachment 65334
as per the initial statement
I understand the reason being Lumi and Yuri, but does Phase owns PLs of second wave of invaders? If girls have mentioned it then I've missed it. If that's still the case then I guess anyone interested will simply audition for EN 4

E: I'll also add that I don't think Phase should try to get the IPs of indies.

Last edited:

Random_Cultist2:ElectricBoog

Semi-nominal Lurker

DanishCookies

I understand the reason being Lumi and Yuri, but does Phase owns PLs of second wave of invaders? If girls have mentioned it then I've missed it. If that's still the case then I guess anyone interested will simply audition for EN 4
It would be safe to assume so because second wave of invaders don't really use their PL models and even their names (does this mean Ember Amane can go back to Kallin despite talking about rebranding?). The only thing open about it is that they know some of us know about their PL. Even Dizzy one time brought up on stream that she still gets called Slug from time to time back then.

Makes me really curious about the second wave's contract now

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Jelly is live with Bloons, TOWER DEFENSE IS BACK BABY!!!
ycq-RZNu-DHMn78g-SXt56-YCQ.png

Not-Username

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

frz

They just want Asmongold's trash pile for themselves.
Judging from what I have seen of vtubers...
Getting asmongold to clean their room would be an upgrade for them.
Asmongold still somewhat tried because his room is on screen.
:gloomiLaugh:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
E: I'll also add that I don't think Phase should try to get the IPs of indies.
If the talent's retaining that identity under the corpo then it's unwise for the corpo not to acquire full ownership of everything related to said identity. Buying out the IP ensures the corpo can get a return on their investment in marketing the new acquisition, since otherwise they're risking the talent benefitting from the corpo's promotion only to bounce literally the second their contract allows. It also avoids needless day-to-day bureaucracy since otherwise the talent (and since most indies know jack shit about drawing up contracts, possibly also their character designer and model artist) would need to sign off on new merch lines, highlight videos, appearances in promotional materials etc. every single time, it's just busywork that wastes company time and makes working with that person a chore.

I saw a lot of very opinionated individuals being annoying on Twitter about IP ownership when Yuri got fired, and while I have my own personal hangup with her library of work being taken down, I don't think it's unreasonable for a company who is offering someone its services to want some security and practical considerations for itself in return. Obviously there are possible nuances like offering the opportunity to buy back IP on leaving the company after the initial contract period has been served to cover the "loss", but whether that's viable or not will probably be different on a case-by-case basis.

Bronze

I meant that they should create new IPs that belongs to phase to ensure being an invader is still a good deal, as now it's proven to be important to have a contingency plan as a corp vtuber. Allowing them to have a place they can return to is also a sign of goodwill.

If Phase is interested in Sayu, and plans to make an offer to Rosemi for her to be an Invader should she decide to graduate, they have to have a buy back policy at least for cases like theirs. Without it they are just wasting time as rejection is the only answer they'll get.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

oh dear....
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are connected actually. I should clarify it since it is probably going to be the biggest news of the year.

To summarize, Selen got fed up with the bullshit at NijiEN, released a MV after waiting 30+ hours for confirmation, and then did a flip when Niji took down the video the same day. After a month of trying to negotiate an amicable graduation, she sends them a document covering the harassment and bullying she experienced and her declining mental state which caused her to attempt suicide twice since the video has been taken down. Niji misinterpets this as a threat and immediately terminates her with one of the most vitriolically written notices ever seen. They spend 3 pages shitting on her and also bring up the bullying, which causes everyone to witchhunt the NijiEN talents. Elira, Vox, and Ike put out a 15min hitpiece on Selen, who has since reincarnated as Dokibird. Everyone sees that as confirmation of the bullying and NijiEN cumulatively losses over 400k subs. Niji puts out a report to investors claiming they believe the termination will have a negligible impact on their stock, their stock has since tanked over 15%. Riku himself had to get infront of a camera to apologize to investors. This has blown up past the vtuber sphere with even normies becaming aware of it.

Nijisanji has now been forever marked as a black company to the western vtuber audience while Selen, now Dokibird, has now lapped every single female NijiEN liver on her new account in subs. There's like 3 threads covering this shit in the Events section of the forum but they're all like 100 pages each now.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Haachama new original song she wrote. Miko is gonna die.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
JVRELR2.png

Screencap from lawyerman's stream, stolen from /pcg/. At least be subtle about your gay ops, lads. Allegedly from this account, made in February 2021.
I'm almost sure uruka and dizzy have said on stream what the cut is, much to their horror and fear of being fired for saying it. Someone else even said once they get 100% of streamlabs but I can't remember who it was and it might've changed since then.

Also someone got the tldr of the alleged niji contract I tried to read the thread but it was just faggots screaming at each other so I just dipped.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
JVRELR2.png

Screencap from lawyerman's stream, stolen from /pcg/. At least be subtle about your gay ops, lads. Allegedly from this account, made in February 2021.

Phase Connect, after taking 50% - "Here's your free gym membership. Do you want to do some song covers? We'll pay for it. Oh, and this is the advertising plan we've developed for you to help grow your channel, let us know what you think before we start it."
Nijisanji, after taking 50% - "fuck you, get back to streaming, Riku's yacht doesn't fuel itself."

Also someone got the tldr of the alleged niji contract I tried to read the thread but it was just faggots screaming at each other so I just dipped.
See above. The lawyer man will also post a clip in a few days to sum the stream up.

Top Bottom