"Omg you are so responsible hooooly shit~ I think I committed tax fraud last year."Kaneko Lumi

OpSec for Vtubers and general Online Privacy

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Sorry, ESL mistake. I meant something to delete past activity.
Nuking the account is the safest way to wipe it, though even then it's possible to search the account name and see the things other people tagged you in.

It's also worth mentioning that while there are a handful of tools that advertise themselves as being able to mass-delete your posts on Twitter, these usually only work for the limited number of tweets the API allows them to access since the earlier ones are in a "hidden" state. This means that while your profile page will look blank, your tweets from before that cutoff point will still show up in searches.

httn

Hag enthusiast
Easiest & safest way is to just delete the account. I've had several hits on people with fairly well privated/locked down accounts but still get caught by a relative or friend tagging them in posts & pictures years ago.

If you absolutely cant do this for any reason. you so still have a couple of options:

Free scripts to autodelete comments. - Depending on how old the accounts are and how much you have posted you are likely to hit API throttling or even limits when running these.:
(There may be other or better tools out there, these are just ones i am aware of):

Instagram actually has decent built tools for removing likes/comments/uploads in app via the "Your Activity" menu.

If you are a complete tech retard there is a paid service redact.dev which can catalogue and delete your posting history from several sites. (disclaimer: i have never used this, only heard of it. It glows like fuck imo. Your mileage may vary)

TLDR; just suck it up and delete the account.

Saelith

inundated retardation
ah, no worries. Deleting accounts will typically work but if theyve been indexed youre kinda screwed basically

Top Bottom