"Uh thank you all for coming thank you! now... gebaoubba here!!! uh nekusto human come on!"Inugami Korone

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Suisei learning all the right English phrases...it hits just right

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

pururun

I would love a Yoshi's Safari stream from Korone. As a kid that game always held a sense of mystery because I never had a Super Scope and would only see the box of this elusive Mario game at the store.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Cute Skye clip
:sanasmile:

Riro and Fuyo off collab making crepes

1684257448768.png

themanimthehills

I have a question semi-related to vtubers. Do you guys actually 'watch' vtuber streams, as in staring at the screen the whole time?

Personally, I can't be asked to sit down and just watch the stream without doing anything else. I like to play games while listening, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a game that's really good for spending countless hours on while listening to something else.

If you guys play games while watching streams, what do you play? Help your bro out.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I have a question semi-related to vtubers. Do you guys actually 'watch' vtuber streams, as in staring at the screen the whole time?
A lot of the time I'm listening to a stream but not watching it.

Kalion

:)

Personally, I can't be asked to sit down and just watch the stream without doing anything else. I like to play games while listening, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a game that's really good for spending countless hours on while listening to something else.

If you guys play games while watching streams, what do you play? Help your bro out.
Vary rarely does the stream get my full attention. Only if it's a 3D concert or something like that.
I have them on during my work hours. If I have them on while gaming it's usually something that doesn't require my full attention like colony or building games (Rimword, Satisfactory) or grinding games (Warframe, FFXIV, Deep Rock Galactic).

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

I either farm mats in Grand Order or play some old strategy game that doesn't use much resources, like Civ II.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

I very very rarely watch streams. I either have one on my second monitor to just listen to or I'll throw on a VOD in the background.

Tears of the Kingdom had been my game the past two weeks while listening to streams, but now everyone is playing that and it's hard to listen to them play the same game I'm currently playing.

Limkin

Most of the streams are glorified zatsudans and the game is there to have something to do to not get bored too quickly for a streamer, and to have something to talk about if there is nothing coming up to mind. And basically anyone I watched openly admitted they aren't exactly "watching" streams either so they are ok with people listening to them as well. If the content of the stream is something actually going on I will alt tab back and see, like a story cutscene in an RPG or something like that. But other than that your enjoyment will very much be the same for listening to it as for watching

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

A lot of the times I listen to streams when at work or if I'm going for a walk.

I use to watch/listening to streams when working at my computer or playing games. However I am mostly on my phone these days multitasking. Which at least has the stream in a smaller window

As for a game recommendation, I always found it easier to play something like Elden Ring or an open world game. Anything that I can divide my attention with either some downtime or grinding. I have a hard time playing MP games and watching streamers. For instance I was trying to play Tarkov but you need to be able to hear so that will fuck you.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

The only vtuber i can really get invested in their stream is vesper. I watched most of his new vegas and all of his SOMA game play. And of course some fun collab here and there like wolf piss festival tempus did

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

This isn't really unique to Vtubers, I'd say it's video makers and streamers in general. One of my favorite MMO content creators Josh Strife Hayes joking calls himself "The Best in Second Monitor Content."

As for what I do, I just have it on the second monitor while I go about my day to day (work, gaming, etc)

Horo7618

No one in particular

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
I listen live, I watch vods.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Can you fags fuck of with this shit already? I'm not Rie!
Maybe when you stop your retarded anti LARP.
Yet I've never heard anyone say a damn thing about her after she broke the 1 million.
Hmm...? It's like EOPfags only ever cared about her to use her as a dunk on le holobronies and they don't actually watch JP nijis?

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

I usually listen while playing games. The exceptions are streams where I want to pay attention to presentation (e.g. 3D events), live TLs, a game I like, or streams where I want to use chat.

Games like Hades (post-story), Slay the Spire, and Into the Breach don't require my full attention. Into the Breach misplays do occur more often. There is a video game thread if you want to say more about your taste in games and get matching recommendations.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Minecraft and gacha farming are some of the easiest games to play while listening to a stream. Any single player chill game you can think of will probably work. I usually have one on for FGO farming but recently have been doing it when netplaying fighting games or playing MMBN. That said if a stream is too funny, interesting or is a 3D live then I'll give it my full attention. I also pay attention to every Rin stream cause that's the only chat I actively participate in.

I'm also an office slave so it's very easy to have one of the JP girls' stream on while I'm at work.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

I do watch them sometimes, but it's pretty rare that I'm not doing something else at the same time. If I'm playing a game, it has to be one with very little to no story that I have to pay attention to and something that doesn't require a lot of focus. Turn-based strategy games, roguelites with more monotonous goals, platformers, etc have all worked pretty well for me. Personally, I've been playing quite a bit of Darkest Dungeon while having a stream going lately, and it works out well. Basically, any game I could play while listening to music without having to pause the music every few minutes to listen to dialogue or just completely ignore because I have tunnel vision focusing on the game, is a good game to have a stream going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom