"By the way, Marine's boobs taste like pineapple!"Nekomata Okayu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bug Eater

Also if anyone is watching Selen recently, I might need a timestamp for when she said this but apparently she clarified that the so-called problematic rule in her design contest TOS was written just so she could show off the designs on her stream
Timestamped at exactly 59 minutes

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure most of the big corpos already have fanart/derivative work guidelines that state something along those lines. I think a lot of the people sperging about this on Twatter were probably just outrage tourists who weren't planning on entering in the first place.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Also if anyone is watching Selen recently, I might need a timestamp for when she said this but apparently she clarified that the so-called problematic rule in her design contest TOS was written just so she could show off the designs on her stream

archive

OP just posted it in the replies

Clip version:

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Didn't see anyone post this, might just be blind though. Lazulight's 2 year anniversary unarchived karaoke. (not my archive).
【UNARCHIVED ENGLISH KARAOKE】 WE'RE 2 YEARS OLD!!! 【NIJISANJI EN _ Finana Ryugu】 「Collab」 #La2uLight
Here's a copy of the Lazulight Unarchived Karaoke Stream
FwMM8kFWYAsJNSH.jpg
Mega Link - Finana Ryugu, Pomu Rainpuff, Elira Pendora - 【UNARCHIVED ENGLISH KARAOKE】 WE'RE 2 YEARS OLD!!! 【NIJISANJI EN _ Finana Ryugu】「Collab」 #La2uLight
Mega Link - My Archived Videos

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included

Limkin

Nijisanji literally has it in the guidelines they can do whatever the fuck they want with your fanart, including turning it into merchandise without even asking you.
  1. At the point in time that you publicize the Contents derivative works, then you will be deemed to have given approval regarding our Company and a third party designated by our Company to use the derivative works pursuant to the methods set forth below:
    (1) Use on live transmissions and SNS, etc. (also, there may be instances of carrying out trimmings or deformations, etc. of a degree that does not damage the identity of the product).
    (2) Carrying out official distribution or turning into goods (also, upon carrying out turning into goods, we would like to hold consultations in advance).
I don't know what Selen is smoking thinking it had to be added specifically for the contest (or why people are outraged it's a thing), when it's literally in the rules to begin with. No, you don't own the rights to a piece of drawing of a copyrighted property, they allow you to do it and make money on it because it's good publicity for them and to foster a community, and because it doesn't hurt them financially so why bother. They later have a specific part relative to sales, that if Anycolor deems the volume of your production to be on a business scale, then they will put cease and desist order. So they are only cool with selling goods and doujins in small avenues.
For the record, the only difference with Hololive is they can't start selling your fanart. The rest all very much applies

themanimthehills

cucurut

Nijisanji literally has it in the guidelines they can do whatever the fuck they want with your fanart, including turning it into merchandise without even asking you.
  1. At the point in time that you publicize the Contents derivative works, then you will be deemed to have given approval regarding our Company and a third party designated by our Company to use the derivative works pursuant to the methods set forth below:
    (1) Use on live transmissions and SNS, etc. (also, there may be instances of carrying out trimmings or deformations, etc. of a degree that does not damage the identity of the product).
    (2) Carrying out official distribution or turning into goods (also, upon carrying out turning into goods, we would like to hold consultations in advance).
I don't know what Selen is smoking thinking it had to be added specifically for the contest (or why people are outraged it's a thing), when it's literally in the rules to begin with. No, you don't own the rights to a piece of drawing of a copyrighted property, they allow you to do it and make money on it because it's good publicity for them and to foster a community, and because it doesn't hurt them financially so why bother. They later have a specific part relative to sales, that if Anycolor deems the volume of your production to be on a business scale, then they will put cease and desist order. So they are only cool with selling goods and doujins in small avenues.
For the record, the only difference with Hololive is they can't start selling your fanart. The rest all very much applies
Anyone thinking it is the same as complete transfer of copyright is illiterate, but that's good attempt at creative narrative and deflecting actual criticism.
1684227827116.png

I didn't say you aren't allowed to criticize it. As a matter of fact, if you google it the second result is reddit post complaining about them. All I said they were already doing it, and thinking it is specifically for the contest makes no sense when from Nijisanji standpoint, you already own nothing.
Do you really see no difference between granting license and transfer of all copyright?

E: Just so the difference is clear to anyone. Guidelines are not legally binding. Derivative work may be created infringing on the ANYCOLOR copyright, but it doesn't magically transfer the copyright to ANYCOLOR. All ANYCOLOR can do is demand removal of work, and eventually some damage payment if they go to court. That's why they need to get license to display the work on stream. Meanwhile if the artist transfer copyright to ANYCOLOR, then the artist cannot even legally post the work on their twitter.

Last edited:

Limkin

Anyone thinking it is the same as complete transfer of copyright is illiterate, but that's good attempt at creative narrative and deflecting actual criticism
I didn't say you aren't allowed to criticize it. As a matter of fact, if you google it the second result is reddit post complaining about them. All I said they were already doing it, and thinking it is specifically for the contest makes no sense when from Nijisanji standpoint, you already own nothing.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
After a month long soul-search and deep internal thoughtful consideration, I believe I have come to the realization that superduper, is in fact, not Rie.
Can you fags fuck of with this shit already? I'm not Rie!

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Since Holo has been avoiding all the drama and yabs God send the good olde reliable to take care of the job.

(Now for real I read somewhere that many of the girls went out for dinner together before LA+, Aqua and Shion where positive so seems there probably alot of of them who got it)
It was likely this group. 3/6 of these girls got the rona and Subaru had breathing/heart problems. Suisei and Towa seem fine for now at least.

Speaking of, Towa and Laplus are doing some early evening Valo together. Gotta respect that the menhera immediately came through for her oshi even with her fucked throat.

73209.png
75831.png

themanimthehills

wrp

I don't know what Selen is smoking thinking it had to be added specifically for the contest (or why people are outraged it's a thing), when it's literally in the rules to begin with.
It should be very obvious why people don't like the idea of a company secretly appropriating their own independent works for profit with no compensation.

UberSoldat

Vox Akuma (real)

(the real Vox Akuma)
Going back to the Selen hitting top rank discussion. You guys are right, she has absolutely no right to brag this season.
Can we all just agree that the only reason Selen can brag about hitting pred this season is because she's a woman and she's not capable of competing in a better environment?

niggaphil

Can you fags fuck of with this shit already? I'm not Rie!
thats a simple solution to prove you are not Rie in homeland style. Show your dick pic to @The Proctor and let him verify you are not Rie :Vesper-UNHINGED:

UncreativeVtuberEnjoyer

When Kson joined im pretty sure she mentioned that they didnt take a cut from superchat and memberships (although I think that might have changed given Nyanners and Vei dipping) and that they would produce some merch and all of the revenue would go to them. I don't follow Vshojo so I don't know exactly how much merch they pop out. I think they also implied that if Vshojo organized a sponsored stream, they would also take a cut
Recently Kson said that they don't keep all the merch revenue

A

I did see in a bunch of places people saying that Vshoujo keeps 100% of merch and that always sounded weird to me

Screenshot_20230510-070838-141.png

PekoWick

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Limkin

Who the fuck Salome is, for real. No one knows her PL, blew up past any reasonable and unreasonable expectations, and the most unbelievable part, forced Nijisanji to make specific merch just for her instead of acrylic, badge and art poster. Collar looks like absolute shit, just check the shop link for real photos but it's unique.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Who the fuck Salome is, for real. No one knows her PL, blew up past any reasonable and unreasonable expectations, and the most unbelievable part, forced Nijisanji to make specific merch just for her instead of acrylic, badge and art poster. Collar looks like absolute shit, just check the shop link for real photos but it's unique.

__hyakumantenbara_salome_nijisanji_drawn_by_zhong_chai__sample-4dc933258ed1293b45ba754174454863.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom