"The bed is for sleeping... and possibly other things"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Why the hell is every time I see this woman on my recommended it says she's drinking? Is she okay?

man WHAT THE FUCK THE ONE TIME I MENTION HER

Kalion

:)

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Millie karaoke for 500k, with friends

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
IRyS is getting absolutely clowned on in online play and it is hilarious

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
This is a bit tangential from the ongoing Zaion developments so I thought it'd be more fitting here in the general thread, but this section in the document has been making me think about how putting so little care into the group music projects is a missed opportunity, and makes the whole thing feel cynical.

1683421473225.png

The song in question is this:

Recording music remotely is not uncommon at all, a lot of mainstream artists do this especially if there's a guest vocalist, but there needs to be co-ordination between everyone involved to make all the parts fit together seamlessly. Handing out lines to six new hires who don't know what each other sound like to record individually at home is a gamble that hurts the final product.

Hold it Down's... okay (apart from some of the harmonies not quite landing and the not-Corpse Husband shit sounding out of place), because the heavy instrumentals bury the weaker vocal recordings, but Niji's previous group debut song, Let's Get it Started, has far more noticeable issues:

This one should be a strong pop song, but the production issues are noticeable enough to be distracting. It sounds inconsistent from line to line - performance-wise, Ren sounds confident on mic likely due to being a musician in his PL while Aia sounds like she's holding herself back a bit, and on a technical level Aster's and some of Kyo's lines feel overly filtered making me think the producer was trying to disguise lower-quality recordings.

I always felt the production on this song was off, but seeing that section of the document and assuming the Iluna recording process worked similarly makes it easier to understand why the song feels so disjointed. The part about them rejecting the recordings until she had someone clean them up in post makes me think something similar happened with Aster and/or Kyo's lines, since background noise reduction is a process you need to handle carefully - if you don't go hard enough noise will still bleed through, but if your settings are too strong it'll eat into the vocals themselves and damage the quality of the audio. If they didn't really know what they were doing and handed over incorrectly-treated audio then the producer putting the track together wouldn't have stood a chance of making it sound good.

In the interest of fairness, Hololive English also had some issues in the early days - Myth's Take Me Home, Country Roads cover sounds similarly poorly-coordinated, with Calli and Kiara's lines at around 1:40 in particular really clashing with each other. This is something I think all of them have complained about at one point or another because they would have been able to deliver a much better product had they been better directed, rather than just asked to record takes of the song separately from one another.

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!
Dance party, 90's style!

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Lana zatsu soon:

Beryl's back with Portal 2 in an hour

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Why the hell is every time I see this woman on my recommended it says she's drinking? Is she okay?

man WHAT THE FUCK THE ONE TIME I MENTION HER

SKILL ISSUE

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Phase collab in about an hour

Pippa said she wasn't sure if she was streaming her POV but if she did it would be on twitch. Not sure if Shiina is streaming her POV.
Edit:

Also in a few hours Sawas playing more World of Horror

Of course all 4 of them are rocking a bikini.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
This is a bit tangential from the ongoing Zaion developments so I thought it'd be more fitting here in the general thread, but this section in the document has been making me think about how putting so little care into the group music projects is a missed opportunity, and makes the whole thing feel cynical.

View attachment 23769

The song in question is this:

Recording music remotely is not uncommon at all, a lot of mainstream artists do this especially if there's a guest vocalist, but there needs to be co-ordination between everyone involved to make all the parts fit together seamlessly. Handing out lines to six new hires who don't know what each other sound like to record individually at home is a gamble that hurts the final product.

Hold it Down's... okay (apart from some of the harmonies not quite landing and the not-Corpse Husband shit sounding out of place), because the heavy instrumentals bury the weaker vocal recordings, but Niji's previous group debut song, Let's Get it Started, has far more noticeable issues:

This one should be a strong pop song, but the production issues are noticeable enough to be distracting. It sounds inconsistent from line to line - performance-wise, Ren sounds confident on mic likely due to being a musician in his PL while Aia sounds like she's holding herself back a bit, and on a technical level Aster's and some of Kyo's lines feel overly filtered making me think the producer was trying to disguise lower-quality recordings.

I always felt the production on this song was off, but seeing that section of the document and assuming the Iluna recording process worked similarly makes it easier to understand why the song feels so disjointed. The part about them rejecting the recordings until she had someone clean them up in post makes me think something similar happened with Aster and/or Kyo's lines, since background noise reduction is a process you need to handle carefully - if you don't go hard enough noise will still bleed through, but if your settings are too strong it'll eat into the vocals themselves and damage the quality of the audio. If they didn't really know what they were doing and handed over incorrectly-treated audio then the producer putting the track together wouldn't have stood a chance of making it sound good.

In the interest of fairness, Hololive English also had some issues in the early days - Myth's Take Me Home, Country Roads cover sounds similarly poorly-coordinated, with Calli and Kiara's lines at around 1:40 in particular really clashing with each other. This is something I think all of them have complained about at one point or another because they would have been able to deliver a much better product had they been better directed, rather than just asked to record takes of the song separately from one another.

They did learn a lot from that cover because from what one of the girls said the cover was planned after gura sung it in karaoke and it exploded so management in boomer fashion wanted their own version of it and due to either stupidity or incompetence it got stuck in limbo for a solid 6 months. After that most of their music work has been pretty decent, the originals still suffer from a big case of translated lyrics but maybe one day they will get lyricists that at least understand the language or pay calli to write them even if they end up being cringe.

VTuberThrow

Horo7618

No one in particular
the originals still suffer from a big case of translated lyrics but maybe one day they will get lyricists that at least understand the language or pay calli to write them even if they end up being cringe.
Calli DID write the lyrics for Journey Like a Thousand Years. It didn't help.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
mumei scooter.PNG(Source)
Moom Scooter.PNGhootsie feathers and berries.PNGfront of moom scooter.PNGberries tail light.PNG
This Hooman is now moomin' in style.

Stunned But Dumb

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

finally i found the Voices from the collab

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

Good to know that most indonesians like Suisei.

Both of them are equally sociopaths to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom