"Grease and cheese is an important part of the American diet, and if we're deprived of that we shrink away and die"Charlotte Bear

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Goddamn it! I was just about to post about the EIEN rrats! Anyways here's a supposed Discord screenshot giving some additional material to rrat over;

t1kusa.png

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I slept, but now I shall watch

• Figured out spinjump pretty early.
  • ... then she used it as her standard jump and got confused when encountering obstacles you need the normal jump to clear. That's a first.
  • Honestly though, for this explicitly being her first Mario game, her experimenting early on was exactly what she's supposed to do.
  • Usual run button issue, but by now I'm used to it.
  • ... she did know there's a run button, but thought it was a different one.
  • She loves the spinjump so much, she keeps jumping off Yoshi when trying to jump with him. Again and again.
  • Finds the first switch palace. Doesn't enter the first switch palace.
  • The game gives her a coin platform to test out the P switch. So obviously she collects all the coins before pressing the switch and thus has no idea what it does.
  • Honestly, that's fine, I did that, too, as a kid playing for the first time.
  • You know, by Hololive standards, she learns surprisingly quickly. When the run button is concerned, at least. Not the highest of bars, I know, but still.
  • After a few too many deaths to pits, chat points her at the switch palace again. Clears it.
  • ... dies to falling into the first pit, now mostly covered by yellow blocks, after clearing the first switch palace. HOW?!
  • Dies to the second pit, too. And chat being villainous villains twirling their evil moustaches tries to teach her "Double Jumping". Fortunately she doesn't understand it. Also, chat needs to kis immediately. Evil bastards.
  • Irys: "This [Super Mario World] might be harder than Megaman."
  • @28:18: Irys learns of the doublejump. I'll personally execute the entirety of her chat. Probably in Minecraft.
  • Finally reaches the end. Sees dragon coin. Collects dragon coin. Falls into pit. Reminder that Irys' original model was the only one in hololive with a clearly visible nose.
  • Actually a pretty good first bossfight.
  • "Why is a football player throwing baseballs at me? Stick to one game!" Actually a valid complaint, tbqh.
  • "There's a higher one. There's more coins up there!" The new model's nose isn't quite as prominent anymore, but it's still more visible than most.
  • Gets cape. "I can float now." Accidentally starts flying immediately after. That was actually pretty good and showcases Nintendo's game design as well!
  • Experiments with flying. Slowly floats into a pit and dies.
  • More musings on charging chucks. Catchers shouldn't throw.
  • "You're my body shield Yoshi. That's your only purpose in life." Chat has corrupted hope, and I'll never forgive it!
  • "I got my meatshield with me!" It's getting worse.
  • That charging chuck/flower combo right before the goal is causing a ludicrous number of game overs. Not deaths, game overs.
  • "Holy shitaki." Okay, that's a way to keep it family friendly, I guess? Does she do that a lot?
  • You know, by vtuber standards, she's actually pretty good at grasping individual mechanics. It's stringing them together and using them where appropriate that's causing issues.
  • [to a ceiling falling down] "Crush! Crush that damn turtle!" (actually a beetle) "Really? You don't die?" The disappointment that the enemies don't play by the same rules is palpable.
  • Castle #2. "Guess I haven't died y-" Runs into Dry Bones.
  • Chat: "Toadstool is Peach." Irys: [MIND BLOWN]
  • Vanilla Dome. Get star. Fall into lava a second later.
  • Second attempt. Get star. See dragon coin. Jump. Get dragon coin. Fall into lava again. Think Aviel might be interested in beefing up Idol HE?
  • Never have I seen such amazing skill at accurately jumping into enemies with pinpoint precision.
  • Misses her skull raft because she's busy collecting coins. You know, I'm seeing a bit of a pattern here.
  • She does this twice in a row.
  • "The task is going to become much more difficult. Have you found the red and green switch palace yet?" - "What red and green switches? I have no idea what you're talking about."
  • Does not go looking for them, either.
  • "Can't reach the checkpoint. Okay, I'll make my own checkpoint." Uses savestate. There is a question block you could use to jump right there, Irys...
@Aka Split: I rate your oshi :Katta-Semetic-Content:

But she's actually better than average at learning how to Mario.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
You can check VRABI to get a general idea of all their average ccv. Seems to me that both ILUNA and XSOLEIL don't really get good ccv.
Wow i thought atleast some members like Meloco and Scarle got CCV but no, Scarle's raid shadow legends stream in particular got 187 CCV according to that site, Aster hasnt cracked 1k viewers since the Puyo collab.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Too bad from the looks of it proctor won't be able to sleep this weekend :pippasadl:

Also as I am not an EIEN watcher, was Riifu always this workaholic, or are her genmates just not being highlighted here more often? I used to believe she was doing fine as Riifu and see no reason as to why she would consider pulling the plug so early

cucurut

Too bad from the looks of it proctor won't be able to sleep this weekend :pippasadl:

Also as I am not an EIEN watcher, was Riifu always this workaholic, or are her genmates just not being highlighted here more often? I used to believe she was doing fine as Riifu and see no reason as to why she would consider pulling the plug so early
Riifu was streaming and working crazy afaik out of her own will. She then got told to cancel one stream which was supposed to start in few minutes and then came another sudden cancellation and 3 day "break" which most likely was suspension. Meanwhile, on her RM account a tweet suggesting graduation/termination showed up.

IMO believable /vt/ rrat goes she was told to cut the hours for the sake of other girls.

EDIT: here's the timeline of events, then came 3 day break. It was also known from earlier management was reducing/forbidding her communication with /eien/ especially in pre-chats.
1682683930072.png

Last edited:

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Has anyone considered that the curse may not be on April? Maybe its the entire year and each month only gets worse, rather than it ending May could just bring level 5. If any of you have superstitious rituals that you do to ward of bad luck may i suggest you do more of them.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
So I did some quick research on Eien on Socialblade, to see what numbers they were getting:

1682682464076.png

1682682538011.png

1682682631162.png

1682682694597.png

Obviously there are memberships to add to this, but it's hard to believe there's many of them after two months of streaming and the members being around 10k subs or less. It's also hard to know how accurate the numbers of Socialblade are, but if this is roughly indicative, all of the talents between Ithem are making 2K a month, which has to be split between Youtube and the talents before the manager and the company get any money, which also has to cover various expenses.

It's not hard to believe the rrats about the EIEN company failing when you see numbers like these.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Obviously there are memberships to add to this (and it's hard to know how accurate the numbers of Socialblade are)
Do sociablade numbers even take into consideration Superchats and memberships?

As far as i knew that number was always for adsense money and the like

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Has anyone considered that the curse may not be on April? Maybe its the entire year and each month only gets worse, rather than it ending May could just bring level 5. If any of you have superstitious rituals that you do to ward of bad luck may i suggest you do more of them.
As the year goes on, it is important for us to study the correlation of complete societal collapse in the vtuber community vs the sudden resurgence and useage of the phrase "super duper" in popular culture tangentially related to vtubers and vtubers themselves

It's all connected somehow, I can feel it in my bones

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Someone give Remi her green card already so she doesn't have to deal with third-world shit like this.
I don't know of any vtuber that isn't an American, that so desperately wants to be an American like Remi. Her pure wonder at and love for Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, etc. is pretty wholesome. It reminds me of how my relatives from Okinawa and Hokkaido were just in awe at how vast the U.S. is in person, from a 400-mile car trip.

If she said everything she wears has the Stars n' Stripes on it.. I would believe her.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Socialblade has been known to be off by significant margins. I believe it has to do with how the wonky subscriber count implementation works at the moment at Nealtube.

Limkin

Wow i thought atleast some members like Meloco and Scarle got CCV but no, Scarle's raid shadow legends strean in particular got 187 CCV according to that site, Aster hasnt cracked 1k viewers since the Puyo collab.
They hit the oversaturation really hard with hiring people who have no experience in streaming or are just plain boring and only got in because Niji hires a person every other week. Scarle is just lewd TTS for coomers with no personality, and Meloco plays japanese kusoge or grinds GFE. I am sure they are all doing better than indies and have decent income to support them doing so, but they will never hit the numbers that corpos more centered on fewer talents will. Nor do they care to do so

Not_glowie

Just lurking
As the year goes on, it is important for us to study the correlation of complete societal collapse in the vtuber community vs useage of the phrase "super duper"

Is this forum just a social experiment to see who goes insane first after being conditioned to notice every instance of superduper being used online?
I swear to God, thanks to you fags I notice it every single time someone says it.

Last edited:

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
As the year goes on, it is important for us to study the correlation of complete societal collapse in the vtuber community vs the sudden resurgence and useage of the phrase "super duper" in popular culture tangentially related to vtubers and vtubers themselves

So what your saying is @superduper is a witch who has called upon black magic to try and destroy their nemesis/alternate personality and in doing so accidently cursed the entire VWorld, and that in order to fix it we should burn them at the stake.

What do mean its time for my meds?

Edit:
Terrible news! Tonight's Rin Penrose stream has been cancelled due to the existence of Microsoft Windows and its relation to her streaming career, by which I mean her computer has kicked the bucket, and she is currently submerging herself in sharks to ease the pain:

Okay for real, is it worth it burning them at the stake just in case. I know its a long shot but it could work and i would rather do it before they take out one of the ones i actually watch.

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Terrible news! The Month of the Rake comes for Idol EN CEO Rin Penrose!

Tonight's Rin Penrose stream has been cancelled due to the existence of Microsoft Windows and its relation to her streaming career, by which I mean her computer has kicked the bucket, and she is currently submerging herself in sharks to ease the pain:

USS IOWA

Is this forum just a social experiment to see who goes insane first after being conditioned to notice every instance of superduper being used online?
I swear to God, thanks to you fags I notice it every single someone says it.
Imagine if one day the President said super duper what would happen then?

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Imagine if one day the President said super duper what would happen then?
this is how we get Donald Trump to tweet "Super Duper"

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Meds, ive seen /vt/ schizophrenia with more sense and fun than this

this is you denying facts

EIEN drama was brewing ever since this thread.
Don't worry, look here
If scientific research is your goal, then allow me to help. While looking into Riifu's PL, I found a funny little site called SimpCity. They upload Fantia/Patreon/OF girls etc. They don't do vtubers but they do their other channels. Noel is on there and so is Mel, Gaon Maimai, Keeki and pretty much anyone with a sizable following.

Edit: for research assistance:

Noel = Canan
Mel = Rica/Rika
Maimai = Como.exe/Comonun
Riifu = Pwupster/DudeTL

Bonus: Rizuna isn't a vtuber but does a lot of vtuber cosplays. Marine was A++
Frontpage P- A
Frontpage D- A

On to people who matter

Kanata you aren't Chiichan! Thumbnail is identity theft!

End of rust season

PekoWick

Wow i thought atleast some members like Meloco and Scarle got CCV but no, Scarle's raid shadow legends stream in particular got 187 CCV according to that site, Aster hasnt cracked 1k viewers since the Puyo collab.
I mean nijiEN in general is not exactly doing too hot in ccv nowadays.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom