"I will be honest with you - (mint chocolate) reminds me of toothpaste - and boy do I love fucking toothpaste"Banzoin Hakka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
🎶"I got a golden ticket..."🎶

Don't know if this has been shared yet. What were the Myth girls doing when they got "the email"? Kind of interesting.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

TwoBit

Early Adopter
This really does raise the nature vs nurture debate doesn't it? As much as I respect Dr. @Godzilla1984 's hypothesis. I would put forth the argument that this is the result of what could happen when you raise your adopted son in Hollywood. Who knows how many perverts, sex pests, and egomaniacs this poor boy was exposed to before trooning out? This young lad is simply a product of his environment.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Apologies in advance for the numberfagging but I figured it was interesting enough to share. Rin's shorts have led to a very noticeable boost in numbers.
173819.png

8 days ago, she did a karaoke stream to get to 50k subs and ended at about 50.1k. She started consistently posting her shorts a day before that. Socialblade is a bit behind but she's currently at 59.7k, surpassing Yuko and becoming the highest subbed in Jewcorp. I checked like 2 hours before starting this post and she was at 59.2k. I imagine she'll get to 60k in a few hours, if not an hour. 10k subs in 9 days is pretty impressive.

23798.png

Edit: An hour later and she's gotten to 60k lol.
890222.png

I don't really know what counts as good viewership for shorts so I took a look at Yuko's because she had the highest numbers in Idol. Then I looked at Bae's because she's been uploading 1 short a day in about the same timeframe to promote 4th Fes (They're really good 1-minute covers of different Holo songs btw, very worth listening to).

The first short for this month was the Vtuber Audition one. It's to be expected but it's still funny that the ones with Gura and Vtuber wages have the highest views.
247389.png

This month's shorts started with the Darkest Secrets one. Just realized that one's number is cropped out but it has 19k views.
123678.png

Obviously starts on the 1st countdown short. Pretty consistent viewership across the whole thing.
237482.png

A quick look showed that Rin's shorts have consistently gotten more than even Bae's. So how has this translated to CCV?

I don't have any pictures on this part but I was there for her Stanley Parable stream earlier today. She had about peak 600+ CCV and was averaging about 500-550 before going to around 450 near the last hour or so. Before this, she would usually do about 300-400 CCV, sometimes lower depending on the game or higher if it's a collab or a special stream (Like her mom guessing vtuber names). I also noticed multiple new viewers and donations who said they came from seeing one of her shorts. So I would say the brit's shorts have been doing very well. People seem to really like her educational sarcasrtic style of short. I'm curious about if any other chuuba's shorts have led to a growth burst like this.

She brought up the sudden boost during yesterday's member stream. She said she wants to keep doing shorts until she runs out of ideas, then asked chat for some and eventually got enough for at least 2 more weeks. She jokingly asked management if they're okay with her becoming the face of the company, but they were very genuine when they said yes. She's understandably nervous about how fast her growth is but is looking forward to where the future goes. I admit that a part of my brain is slightly worried about this explosive growth but I'm happy more people are finding her and hope she doesn't let the numbers get to her
:sanasmile:

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Sleepy just earned my respect by calling out superchat namefags lol the boo bros thought she was talking about niji streamers popping into chat, but I like to think she was secretly shitting on all the boo bros who namefag superchats every stream to get attention
:smugrys:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Spirelord

Hello.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Oh my god, what a coincidence... I JUST learned of this fuck's existence in the homeland, this dude's a fucking DSP paypig, he gave Phil $200. Just in case you wanted to know the mind you'd be dealing with should you watch him. Small world, a bit too small even.
I mean, DSP is protected by God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, Orthodox Warrior Jesus, Buddha's ascended spirit, all 9 gajillion Kami, the pagan gods of every single pantheon, and most powerful of all, the IRS, I really shouldn't be surprised he's being funded by Jamie Lee Curtis' estate. But I still am.

niggaphil

I mean, DSP is protected by God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, Orthodox Warrior Jesus, Buddha's ascended spirit, all 9 gajillion Kami, the pagan gods of every single pantheon, and most powerful of all, the IRS, I really shouldn't be surprised he's being funded by Jamie Lee Curtis' estate. But I still am.
Wait until DSP descended as Vtuber to save his youtuber career and channel, and more paypigs to donate for him!

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
🎶"I got a golden ticket..."🎶

Don't know if this has been shared yet. What were the Myth girls doing when they got "the email"? Kind of interesting.

Hearing Gura talking about her audition as well as how she felt when waiting for the response is always interesting to me. She was probably the biggest content creator to apply for Hololive back then (at least subcount-wise, career-wise Ina was probably bigger being a professional artist and all). Do you think there are content creators more popular than Gura that could have applied back then but got rejected?

hololive ruined /jp/

Sleepy just earned my respect by calling out superchat namefags lol the boo bros thought she was talking about niji streamers popping into chat, but I like to think she was secretly shitting on all the boo bros who namefag superchats every stream to get attention
:smugrys:
what the heck is a namefag?

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
what the heck is a namefag?
In terms of vtubing, someone who commonly disrupts streams with donos or chats to get attention to their chat and get their name read out. It can apply to other talents (niji homos mostly) who constantly pop into other vtubers chats without raiding and draw attention from stream, or can apply to people like chatters who send low-ball donos just to get their name read like what JasonDreams and Kurt do.

Edit - Yuko is presumed to be in California, and there is thunder currently audible in the background of her stream.
Screenshot_20230317-010830-177.png
Screenshot_20230317-010852-697.png
:botanshrug:

Last edited:

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Looks like they now have Diablo IV perms. It's early access beta.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Surprise Rin Penrose jumpscare while Fuyo sleeps during her donothon, and she's reading the wikipedia article for chairs straight-out (pre-recorded)

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
This really does raise the nature vs nurture debate doesn't it? As much as I respect Dr. @Godzilla1984 's hypothesis. I would put forth the argument that this is the result of what could happen when you raise your adopted son in Hollywood. Who knows how many perverts, sex pests, and egomaniacs this poor boy was exposed to before trooning out? This young lad is simply a product of his environment.
I think it's a little column A, a little column B. People with social disorders like autism tend to have a look. There is an autistic phenotype to be sure. You don't see a lot of chad-looking dudes with the nasally voice and over-annunciation going on. They tend to have a very doughy, potato-y look to them. Compare this dude to, say, Linkara, or Chris Chan, or your average angry reviewer from the 00's. It's genes. There's a look.

Now there's nothing wrong with this, mind you, it's just an identifier. But we know people on the spectrum are more susceptible to being emotionally manipulated into this behavior than usual. So in all likelihood dude had some diagnosable issue that made him more susceptible to being drawn into this lifestyle, either through trauma, or other means.

BEEG Booba Fishing

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Surprise Rin Penrose jumpscare while Fuyo sleeps during her donothon, and she's reading the wikipedia article for chairs straight-out (pre-recorded)
Clipped Rin's narration

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Do you think there are content creators more popular than Gura that could have applied back then but got rejected?
I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've read here and there that Cover has some idea of the character they want before they hire the talent. In that case Senzawa could easily have been chosen above a more successful streamer because she's a perfect fit for the shark girl character.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Saw this, laughed, and then saw he wanted Pippa to see it. No idea who the fuck this is, but sawa retweeted it. Guess killing people in minecraft is no longer allowed.
Wait a Pippa fan got arrested? Holy shit she needs to see this and talk about it next stream! Imagine the tangents it could generate.
Nevermind, I see you meant the twitter poster not the arestee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom