"Remember when I first debuted and I was like 'Ehe, lads! Heh, stop, don't tease me!' and you're like 'Gehe, Loddy, gwehe' and now you're like 'Oh, you're a FUCKING HAG'"Lottie Shinju

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limkin

It's still weird though when ya think about it.
Juna has paypigs despite being fairly anti-parasocial, Rin is an asexual frail British girl who apparently has a married wealthy Japanese couple who have virtually adopted her, Fuyo is known to have an irl boyfriend, and Yuko is well, Yuko. Out of 5 talents the only one that makes sense for gachis to crowd around imo is Pochi because she's the only one who combines parasocial GFE-lite stuff with other things gachis typically enjoy like not being into excessive amounts of penis.
I was going to ask if I missed something about RIn, because she only told her brother is adopted, but then I realized it was just a joke about her whale and his whale mistress. Speaking of, I think she mentioned how if anyone in idolEN wants to do something they need to first talk about it to management, then management "tries their best" to explain possible consequences or tell them not to do it, if it's illegal/against contract/genuinely hurtful, but if it isn't they just make sure you understand what problems it can cause and let you roll with it. But my brain is a mush after around 50hrs of donothon streams from both her and Juna so it could be either of them. idolEN in general seems to have the approach of "let people who seem to know what they are doing, do their stuff and only intervene if it affects company as a whole". They let you design your own model, allocate your own debut budget, they want for everyone to have a manager etc. If you fuck up - it was almost entirely your own fault since they probably warned you and you just didn't listen. Management (at least so far) seems to actually provide support role as opposed to executing their own power play fantasies. And it works, that's the best part of it, you don't have mismatches like Reimu (who I adore) and Enna where personality doesn't even remotely match the model, or someone stuck with streaming on laptop in 480p. They are also jews, so trying to just run away with money isn't gonna work.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Kawaii girls are hopping in the donothon train i guess ?

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Conure talked about the Pippa controversy

View attachment 15548
Who?

Even more poignant is when Nina said that she used to really struggle to connect with the other three and that she always felt like she was being left out. Early Ethyria collabs used to have Nina leave super early and I think it didn't help that they arrived only to be met with calls for 'The Men™' which kind of left them with a huge uphill battle to prove themselves.
Nina is a bit older than the rest of the girls I always assumed that she having to quit early had more to do with her just having other IRL shit to do. Never really thought anything was wrong with their dynamic.

Plenty of leftists dislike traditional gender roles and stereotypes yet they use incel as an insult, which literally enforces one of the negative stereotypes they hate, that being a man's self worth partly comes from how many women he has sex with.
I've tried asking a few of them why they use it when it conflicts with their ideology and all they ever do is get extremely angry.
I have always loved the whole "incel" thing. Its exactly the same toxic shit they then preach against. Hell, I would probably attribute people using to one of the reasons Andrew Tate got famous.

Why are you all getting worked up by the LARP twitter marxist.
Just have her food ration allocations curtailed and have her relocate to Bumfuck, Crapholia. On a one bedroom dingy plex she has to share with 300 other families, while working the local quota for the coal mine/ rice paddies. See just how professional she remains then.
I never really cared about her shit takes but she is in the unique position that she is a somewhat "successful" vtuber compared to every other vtweeter. So her opinions tend to have a bit more weight behind them. Just waiting for her to have the 1 bad take that will cause her audience to turn against her.

He already has Rie but she's too dumb to take full advantage of knowing many languages. She could do a alt language stream every Saturday to take advantage but she doesn't because she's bad and irredeemable. She's done 2 Spanish streams and they were extremely popular for her standards yet she fails to capitalize. She could even do it overlapping with other members because it's in a different language.
I still don't know how I feel about Rie. She has done some of the most yab shit and I really like watching shit like that as it is a bit of a trainwreck in motion. Hell, it's what got me hooked on Lia. It might sound a bit exploitative (and a bit fucked up) but Lia's menhera episodes were pretty great for entertainment. Out of Gen 2 she is possibly the 2nd most talented one (Shiina being the most in my opinion). Great artist, can play some instruments, great at singing, and knows 5000 languages but as you say it seems she fails to capitalize on every good opportunity.

Also I remember coming across some Q&A where she talked about being homeless in the past, though I'm not sure if that was the reason she streamed in an Internet cafe.
Didn't the homeless thing come from her moving in with her boyfriend?

Nor surprising, that seems to be how the Japanese view her.
I really enjoy how to the EN audience shes a massive dork.

Can any vtuber be as based as Onolumi?

Shes super underrated.

We'll see what happens with Gen 3 but his strategy of strictly pre-made models (and likely rejects from Gen 1 and 2) isn't going to work so well compared to Idol Corp where the chosen talent get to be involved in the creation of their model that they are going to use.

Kirsche can get in as a Pippa Friend but what else will she bring to the table other than having the same audience as Pippa, and going off the rails with spicy tangents that will likely get clamped the fuck down under management?
Management eased up on Gen 1 when Gen 2 came out. Given the type of shit Kirsche mentions and covers in her streams I would wonder how would management react to that. Management has strictly asked the girls not to focus on individuals for streams and Kirsche has had a few tangents that are specifically individual-focused. I find that to be one of her biggest strengths. She can just come in and shit on whoever whenever she wants and if that goes against management, it would probably be a problem.

The more I think about it I wonder if Yuko is the containment chuuba for idol because 90% of the shit stirring comes from her or her community, Rin Juna and Pochi by comparison are angels and even Fuyo seems to do better at toeing the line.
Honestly, I do like the idea of 1 of the girls (the strongest one) being also the filter that takes all of the hits. The only issue with this is that this will usually mean that they are going to be the ones getting the most attention from not only the audience but from management.

Going to talk out of my ass for this but it I feel like that could create some bad blood between the talents and I feel like it's a bit of the same shit that happened to Pippa.

It's fascinating to see how idol and Eien (or whatever it's called) are courting disillusioned gachis who had once congregated around hololive but went into self-exile after tempiss debuted and/or gura went into ayame mode.

The strategy is certainly profitable, gfe addicted gachis donate a lot more and are more dedicated, specially if you cater to their degeneracy. But they are also a pretty fucking volatile fanbase and autistic as all hell.
I would assume that most of these girls are either in a relationship or getting dicked on the regular. Pretty volatile indeed if one of them slips up. Hell during the Tarkov collab Yuko had, one of the other girls (forgot her name) had their BF in the background making noise and some of the viewers started sperging out.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Kawaii girls are hopping in the donothon train i guess ?

Back in January her genmate Sava did a five day donothon. Don't think anyone else in Kawaii have done one.
1678045904401.png

Killia guerilla zatsu

Last edited:

this shit

fuck it
And it works, that's the best part of it, you don't have mismatches like Reimu (who I adore) and Enna where personality doesn't even remotely match the model,
i dont know if its unpopular but i love mismatches, and Enna also turns the trope back with her singing voice. the little angelic gremilin is a cute concept and something i could see in a secondary character of a comedy anime

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Expert Gamer will attempt the best megaman X title

e: it's going about as well as I had expected

Last edited:

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Pomu says Pikamee told her she was graduating at the end of January, and that she doesn't want people to put words in her mouth or take out of context. She doesn't know much else beyond that.

Chat: 'Will you play Left 4 Dead together?'
Pomu: 'Wouldn't that be funny? Millie did say she wanted to play some Left 4 Dead.'

kestraline

Early Adopter
Proctor's oshi Tangent Fox is live.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Clip of Meloco and Kotoka's attempt to make pancakes

How do these women feed themselves without going out?

Horo7618

No one in particular

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Chloe accidentally reveals her age range. Almost a Hag it seems (I mean late 20s is close to Hag territory right? I mean she said the superchatter was older than her but not by how much. Oldest she could be is 28 which I wanna say is close to hag territory)

Also Kaela live with Golf

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
So, for Pippa's Hogwarts stream, I had a look at the numbers which I thought interesting enough to be worth sharing. Her highest concurrent viewers was 6610 (34th best for the day for a vtuber), and she received about $5200 in donations (7th best for the day for a vtuber)

It's nice to see Rabbit get rewarded for giving the finger to the vermintide.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
It's fascinating to see how idol and Eien (or whatever it's called) are courting disillusioned gachis who had once congregated around hololive but went into self-exile after tempiss debuted and/or gura went into ayame mode.

The strategy is certainly profitable, gfe addicted gachis donate a lot more and are more dedicated, specially if you cater to their degeneracy. But they are also a pretty fucking volatile fanbase and autistic as all hell.
The yab is basically built in.

Have Marine being mature, experienced and caring.

Have Suisei being... well, not that.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Clip of Meloco and Kotoka's attempt to make pancakes

How do these women feed themselves without going out?

It is imperative in this day and age to learn how to cook for yourself, and use your favorite VTuber's inability to do so as motivation to make something she would enjoy.

With that in mind, if Marine's sister is somehow reading this (impossible), I will gladly take one for the team and marry her. Sure, this is a throwaway account so that I can discuss VTubers without schizos on my back, but if it was meant to be, life finds a way.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
So, for Pippa's Hogwarts stream, I had a look at the numbers which I thought interesting enough to be worth sharing. Her highest concurrent viewers was 6610 (34th best for the day for a vtuber), and she received about $5200 in donations (7th best for the day for a vtuber)

It's nice to see Rabbit get rewarded for giving the finger to the vermintide.

At 2:59 am:
1678049764023.png
At 3:01 am:
1678049808281.png
#STOPTHESTEAL

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Wow, so Idol is doing adds not just for the talents but specifically for the ongoing donations, that's very aggressive.
pochiaddlol.PNG
"and dumping ice down my shirt" I might watch some of it but I am not getting horby for a dog, no offense Pochi :annoyedpippa:
Edit:
wut4.PNG
are you saying it's too late and that I'm already horby for the dog? :shiinastare: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:urtearingmeapart:

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I just want to watch the Idol Corp talents without worrying about whether the stream will devolve into degeneracy, is that too much to ask?

Rin Penrose might just come out on top as my oshi, however. Have I ever talked about how much I enjoy Rin Penrose? Probably not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom