"Zatch Bell anime was the first time I saw uh, the first time I saw uh... lol male body parts hahahaha!"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukkia

Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Oh shit, Looms is playing Outer Wilds! First stream appears to be today.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
They could try roping Astel in considering the dude is the most trpg-addicted guy out of all stars and has written his own scenario too, it wouldn't be too hard for him to learn basic dnd rules and come up with something
The main problem is the girl who has shown the most interest in ttrpg's, Fauna, has yet to collab with a penis. Maybe Calli can do a one-shot with all girls, but I can't picture a group of 4 that would stick around for more than that (I think CouncilRyS would all give it a try, but Fauna would probably be the only one who would want more).

Pulling from the boys would drop most of the girls, but you gain a lot more people who are a lot more interested. Or maybe we get super lucky and slay some unicorns (enemy npc unicorns along with IRL ones):optimistic:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Kanata is trying a souls game for the first time, and seems to be a bit of a natural. She's properly reading the tutorial messages, landed a parry on an asylum enemy after a couple attempts (perfect parry tenshi), and beat the Asylum Demon on the first try (even if a bit scuffed).

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The vultures immediately circle their prey.
View attachment 14009
>very clear link to the form to discuss arrangements privately
>posts public reply wanting to pump out merch anyway

Interesting to see that no matter how high up you are in the world of business, retards still don't read the desciption.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Froot might be a raging hypocritical cunt but this one got a real laugh out of me:
1676688569716695.png

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Kanata is trying a souls game for the first time, and seems to be a bit of a natural. She's properly reading the tutorial messages, landed a parry on an asylum enemy after a couple attempts (perfect parry tenshi), and beat the Asylum Demon on the first try (even if a bit scuffed).
Yet she chose to debuff herself by playing with mouse and keyboard.
Also, why is it called Dark Souls Remastered? That shit looks the same as the original(baseline filter and all). What do you mean it looks better? It looks the same as the Dark Souls Durante edition to me.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Also, why is it called Dark Souls Remastered? That shit looks the same as the original(baseline filter and all). What do you mean it looks better? It looks the same as the Dark Souls Durante edition to me.
I don't know, you could play it on ps4? For PC I think people already had mods to make it look a bit better anyways so... yeah just bullshit to sell more.

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
Ported to newer platforms, some small fixes, new networking that isn't compatible with the original.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Only 2 changes in the remaster are 60fps and 1 bonfire they added in the catacombs (that they didn't even test because if you grab it before having access to fast travel you can become stuck getting ganbang by bonewheels forever trying to leave), also fixed some glitches.

There are some more changes. The lighting system is different (generally looks worse to most people) and the online player limit was increased from 4 to 6.
Now that you mention lighting one other good change they did made was make it so the lava on izalith doesn't cause permanent eye damage after 5 minutes of looking at it, also remembered that you odnt have to give covenants items one by one anymore so no more sitting there pressing yes 30 times to give the fair lady 30 humanities ,I didn't know about the online changes, and to be fair in the end I might be bashing it but there's little reason to not play the remaster over the original, since is the same game just slightly better unless you are a speedrunner.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Only 2 changes in the remaster are 60fps and 1 bonfire they added in the catacombs (that they didn't even test because if you grab it before having access to fast travel you can become stuck getting ganbang by bonewheels forever trying to leave), also fixed some glitches.
There are some more changes. The lighting system is different (generally looks worse to most people) and the online player limit was increased from 4 to 6. Modding the PC original release to 60 fps would actually cause a ton of glitches and Prepare to Die edition used Games for Windows Live. The remaster actually made a lot of sense, even for PC. Though, they really should have given it free to PtDE owners.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Pretty much just poorly incorporated DSFix into the game, made it look worse, and made multiplayer less retarded when it comes to playing with friends. Eeeeexcept Remastered doesn't support mods from the original version. Mods which made the multiplayer much better, added new interesting content, rebalanced stuff for PVP, helped combat cheating, etc.. And then they delisted the original from Steam so you have to buy their shitty remaster.

Oh yeah, forgot about their retarded change to PVP matchmaking where you get matched by weapon levels and items you picked up during your playthrough, with no warning or explanation whatsoever. It's as retarded as it sounds.

Here's a pretty good video from the guy who made Desert Bus PVP and a million Dark Souls mods.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
image.png
image.png
image.png

So I read into the machine translated version of the statement Cover put out today, and these are some of the more interesting parts for me.
  • Looks like they plan on diversifying the busness and they want to stop to be so reliable on Youtube as a platform (probably why the are also (very slowly) developing HoloAlternative or whatever their Metaverse kind of stuff is called.
  • They are also aware of the importance of Overseas markets and want to further diversify into new Overseas markets (new Branches possibly? ES is ripe for the taking after WACTOR went belly-up)) and they are aware that they need to need to further improve their logistics into the existing reaches they have. They currently have several local external "experts" on the field that should arrange that for them (I dont really trust contracted experts to ever really do anything but pocket money, but I can see why a japanese company hired them)
  • Cover is aware that the overall Vtubing market is experiencing a downturn and, while still growing, its growing at a slower pace. Instead of doubling down the efforts on the Markets they have already secured, the strategy seems to be to broaden themselves to as many markets as possible. Reads like a more risky move on their part, but I appreciate that, especially coming from a japanese company, who are usually very risk-averse. It shows that the company is aware that they cant just continue relying on what they already have and its smooth sailing, but they actively have to conquer new markets.
  • They seem to want to grant the talents more talent freedom :)talentfreedom:), and want that to give their talents more possibilities to realise their own projects, if they want to some.
  • To have maximal ROI on the new Studio, which will be one of the largest of its kind in Japan, they plan on also renting it out to 3rd Parties.

If anyone wants to correct me (I'm really just a dude, I have no professional back ground on reading finance reports and such), or is interested themselves, I attached the full DeepL translated document
The narrative parts are almost always the company's opinion, so yes that is more or less what they claimed.

Won't bore the thread with regurgitating /#/ but I liked this chart showing the business model. It clearly shows what the vtuber does, where they earn income, and what Cover facilitates. Also clearly shows how the talents have a say in merch planning and that they get revenue shares of pretty much everything. Two translations for clarity:
business_system_diagram_mtl.PNG

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
Oh boy, looks like she took the Master Key as her starting gift and got Havel'd.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
My God, Fishman did it, the madman finally got what he wanted, the PC girls are playing minecraft, FOR FUN

1676698817194.png

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Vexoria has breast cancer she seems optimistic about it tho

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Tenma is currently celebrating a hard fought victory on the summoners court after losing about a dozen times

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom